The 2018 Masters Thread

Frankensteins Monster

Xaxzf5o.png

April 5th - April 8th

Schedule has daily streaming/tv times for Monday through Sunday. Masters at the Range is daily.

Amazing HD 360 looks of each hole from the tee.

Current and historical information

Winner of Houston Open gets an invite if they are otherwise not invited.

Upper right on the home screen.

Creating a Masters online account give you the ability to create your own highlight reel.

You select the players, holes, etc., that you want, and the site will create a highlight reel automatically.

Every final round from the Masters is on there. The best golf YouTube channel there is.

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Masters is my favorite tournament of the year. Everything about it is amazing. The sounds, songs, atmosphere about the tournament are second to none. It signals the beginning of the golf season to me as this is when the weather changes and we get some nice warm days, at least we're supposed to, and get out there and play ourselves. The smell of spring is in the air. Windows in the house are open to let in the spring air. Sitting down and watching this tournament is a wonderful experience for all the senses. I've never seen it live. I really want to. Hopefully, one of these days, I win the Masters lottery and get a chance to head down. It's my favorite golf tournament and I can't wait until next week.

Noren

But I’m rooting for Hideki (as usual)

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

I still can't find who will have 4k apps. DirectTV is the first offering 4K HDR, so there won't be any 4K HDR apps, but there' supposed to be 4K apps, though they were TV brand specific in past years. I hope they didn't stop that. If AppleTV gets it, I'll go out and buy one right now.

In my opinion, the Masters is not just the best golf tournament, it's the best sporting event. Free parking to dirt cheap food and even the merchandise is reasonably priced. What other professional sporting event is not trying to shake down the pockets of the fans at every opportunity?

Lines for the restrooms can get long, but it's just astonishing how quickly they move. The restroom attendants get people in and out of there and keep things moving. Same with the concession stands. Everything there is like clockwork.

They don't sell as many tickets as other tournaments because they want people to enjoy the experience and not be packed in like sardines and unable to see anything (looking at you US Open).

Playing the same course every year allows fans to build up a knowledge of the holes, even those who have never been. Decades of history get piled up on the same fairways year after year.

No digital scoreboards. Just old school manual boards. No cell phones on the property. It's a trip back in time and a true escape from the outside world.

My first time there, I was standing near the ropes during a practice round. A member in his green jacket approached me. I guess I assumed that all the members would be sort of stuck up. Dead wrong. This guy welcomed me and thanked me for coming. Asked me where I was from. Asked if there was anything that he could do for me. Told me that if I needed anything like directions to the nearest restroom or whatever to just ask anyone wearing a green jacket and they would be glad to help. I was floored. Every member I've ever interacted with there has been the same way.

Augusta just plain gets it.

The Masters, what every golf enthusiasts looks forward to every year. I think living in the northern part of the country where winter shuts the game down for several months, the Masters is a sign of a new beginning of another golf season. It is also a very exciting major tournament, one that many think is the best Major of the year. Although Tiger and Phil make it very exciting this year, I don't think one of those two will win it. I am thinking more on the lines of a Justin Thomas, or a Rory McIlroy. I know those two are sort of easy pics, but they are easy pics because they are playing well and deserve to be picked. Question, where has Dustin Johnson been lately? Haven't heard his name mentioned too much.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

the greatest tournament in the history of man kind. I ate the grass there knowing it was filled with chemicals; STILL ALIVE.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

The Masters is my favorite tournament of the year. Everything about it is amazing. The sounds, songs, atmosphere about the tournament are second to none. It signals the beginning of the golf season to me as this is when the weather changes and we get some nice warm days, at least we're supposed to, and get out there and play ourselves. The smell of spring is in the air. Windows in the house are open to let in the spring air. Sitting down and watching this tournament is a wonderful experience for all the senses. I've never seen it live. I really want to. Hopefully, one of these days, I win the Masters lottery and get a chance to head down. It's my favorite golf tournament and I can't wait until next week.

Same for me although my windows are closed up and there is usually snow and ice lingering. Getting Masters' tickets would be great - I think I would hug a Georgia Pine maybe on No. 13 where Phil made that incredible shot in 2010.

My favorite tournament of the year, hands down.

1997 was the first one I watched when Tiger won, I didn't quite appreciate the magnitude of that win at 9 years old....

2013 was probably the most exciting for me personally. I had gone to Vegas to place a few bets for the first time and I had $10 on Angel Cabrera @ 100/1!!

Maybe that's why I'm not the biggest Adam Scott fan, lol.

Cobra LTDx LS (10.5°)

Titleist TS2 (15°)

TaylorMade r9 (19°)

Cleveland 588 MB (4-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM8 (52° & 58°)

Odyssey Black #2m CS

It’s the best, always has been and hopefully always will be. I still get goose bumps when I hear the old BBC intro music, I’m instantly back to being a kid.

http://brianbennettmusic.co.uk/music/bbc-golf/

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

It’s the best, always has been and hopefully always will be. I still get goose bumps when I hear the old BBC intro music, I’m instantly back to being a kid.

http://brianbennettm...music/bbc-golf/

Hilarious. That's not really the music us Americans associate with the Masters. Instead of gentle piano and acoustic guitar, our friends on the other side of the pond get deft synth beats and dodgy techno.

Hilarious. That's not really the music us Americans associate with the Masters. Instead of gentle piano and acoustic guitar, our friends on the other side of the pond get deft synth beats and dodgy techno.

We do get some if yours when the local provider forgets to switch from the live feed.

The new version fits your description, the original was a live orchestra.

Probably sounds a bit rubbish now but in 1987 as an 8 year old it was something else!

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

Hoping for good weather, the Masters just feels better with sunshine and birds chirping. Just like The Open needs wind and rain, the PGA sweltering temps and the US Open, thick juicy rough.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I could have sworn that was the Dr. Who theme.

Now for an hour of the proper Masters music

[media=]

[/media]

Love it.

For better or worse, it's hard not to hear Nantz when I listen to that.

"Hello friends. Welcome...to Augusta. The drive...down Magnolia lane...the azaleas...the immaculate grounds...that...to many signify...the beginning...of spring. Under clear skies and light wind...the roars have already begun to echo through these Georgia pines that have seen so many memorable shots. Former Masters champion Danny Willet is +5 on the day, but here was a bright spot on #8 for eagle. And here was Fred Couples on #2 giving the patrons something to celebrate in the early going with his bid for birdie. And earlier...the ceremonial first tee shots that have become so much a part of the rich history here at Augusta. A lot of teary eyes....as...who could forget...the passing...of...The King. First was Gary Player...quite fit for his age...driving one down the middle once again. Then...it was time for someone who...around here...is known only...as Jack. The six-time champion with a solid strike and a smile. And so...it began. We are happy to have you with us on this opening round of the 82nd edition of...............The Masters."

*Cut to opening reel and announcement re: commercials from Mr. Turkeyneck*

SHOT TRACER!!!!!

CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus announced that U.S. audiences will see shot-tracing technology on five holes – Nos. 9, 10, 13, 15 and 18.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

I could have sworn that was the Dr. Who theme.

Now for an hour of the proper Masters music

[media=]

[/media]

Am I alone in finding that to be nauseating sentimental tosh?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]