The 2018 Masters Thread

Bubba almost a lock for the Ryder Cup now, good move up the list for Rickie too

..........and of course Reed!

Tiger should be top 20 in ranking now? He's going to play!

Why would you want that? His career record in the Ryder Cup is 13-17-3, and that's when he was younger healthier and better. So many better match play players.

Ah, well I like Tiger and I want him and Capt. America to beat some Euro Booty.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that Reid and Rory have worst caddies on tour ... toss in DJ as well

I don't love Reed, he made some bad decisions when he was broken and broke, but he's a baller under the gun

YJS should have shot 62 .. if only he could play someone else's drive off 18 .. 61 without the gag on 7 .. I don't love Jordan but he delivers under pressure

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

Tiger should be top 20 in ranking now? He's going to play!

Why would you want that? His career record in the Ryder Cup is 13-17-3, and that's when he was younger healthier and better. So many better match play players.

no i mean in points for the 2018 US Ryder cup team...

Right, And I'm saying why would you want Tiger playing in the Ryder Cup? He's never been a dominant Ryder Cup player ever. I'd actually like to get back to winning the thing on a regular basis.

One reason Reed won is that he learned to hit a fade. Others have tried to change their swing to fit Augusta and failed (Kaymer). Congrats to Reed who played great all week and had his fair share of luck (ramming putts in especially on hole #3, ball staying up on the approach to 13).

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

What about Rory? I get that your going to make mistakes during a tournament but to just be flat for the whole round leaves something to be desired. I'm a fan of Rory as I was of Greg Norman and it just sucks that they consistently can't finish off majors when they possess so much talent. He wants to be considered among the all time greats of the game but to me he gave up on himself today especially after 9. You didn't see that out of Jordan, he kept at it. Unfortunately I will continue suffering along with Rory and under performing efforts.

It always seemed like Tiger had pure dedication and fire for competing in majors. Rory doesn't give me that same impression. I'm not aware of what's in Rory's mind nor am I aware of what truly drives him but it makes me wonder what he'd accomplish if he had the same relentless desire that Tiger had.

That being said Rory is already a HOF golfer and has accomplished more than most could ever hope to. He can do whatever he likes - I'm just speaking from the perspective of someone who admires his talent.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Ironic that Reid and Rory have worst caddies on tour ... toss in DJ as well

I don't love Reed, he made some bad decisions when he was broken and broke, but he's a baller under the gun

YJS should have shot 62 .. if only he could play someone else's drive off 18 .. 61 without the gag on 7 .. I don't love Jordan but he delivers under pressure

The other caddies recently gave DJ's brother the caddie of the year award. He's not just a guy carrying a bag.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The wrong Texan won!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

This just happened:

When Sergio put the green jacket on Pat my wife says "That's the most expensive jacket they ever had to make because they used so much fabric." The best part is I didn't even have to tell her that we don't like Pat.

Patrick isn't half the girth of Craig Stadler...

Yeah, Reed is obese and the world is flat.

Seriously what is he? 5’10” 210 lbs? Not exactly obese. Just a bit pudgy.

Wikipedia says 6'1" 200 lbs... I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and I look nothing like that...

I'm guessing 5'10" 215-220...

What about Rory? I get that your going to make mistakes during a tournament but to just be flat for the whole round leaves something to be desired. I'm a fan of Rory as I was of Greg Norman and it just sucks that they consistently can't finish off majors when they possess so much talent. He wants to be considered among the all time greats of the game but to me he gave up on himself today especially after 9. You didn't see that out of Jordan, he kept at it. Unfortunately I will continue suffering along with Rory and under performing efforts.

It always seemed like Tiger had pure dedication and fire for competing in majors. Rory doesn't give me that same impression. I'm not aware of what's in Rory's mind nor am I aware of what truly drives him but it makes me wonder what he'd accomplish if he had the same relentless desire that Tiger had.

That being said Rory is already a HOF golfer and has accomplished more than most could ever hope to. He can do whatever he likes - I'm just speaking from the perspective of someone who admires his talent.

Tiger is the GOAT. Anyone getting compared to him is going to fall short minus Jack, the pre-Tiger GOAT. Rory def a HOF, but will never be close to GOAT status.

Tiger is the GOAT. Anyone getting compared to him is going to fall short minus Jack, the pre-Tiger GOAT. Rory def a HOF, but will never be close to GOAT status.

Yeah, it seems his goals were never the same as Tiger's and that's okay.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

This just happened:

When Sergio put the green jacket on Pat my wife says "That's the most expensive jacket they ever had to make because they used so much fabric." The best part is I didn't even have to tell her that we don't like Pat.

He's well over 210, but honestly don't care.

Lowest score wins, and he gets to eat there until he dies - gotta be killing Rory.

Will Bubba go though? It's in France.

why wouldn't he go to France? He's got the shoes.....

He's said a few things.

I love how people vilify others...perhaps they should look in the mirror and try to see through their own greatness and see what is actually there.

They are villains who are vain and vitriolic and not very virile.

Ha! Well played Hawkeye. :-)

Thought I better pop in before some asked WTF would they put people in tiny little towns.

This just happened:

There's no way Reed only weighs 220...I think it's more like 250. He's pretty damn fat!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Jack is the GOAT then a considerable drop-off to #2 Tiger... then another considerable drop-off to probably Hogan, Nelson, Watson and Miller then the rest....

It's hard to compare eras. No one knows what Byron, Ben, Arnold, Jack etc would have been like with today's course conditions and improvement in equipment...

Who really won today?

Reed?

Who lost today?

Rory, Jordan, John, Ricky or perhaps, the integrity of our game?

Driver TBC
3 Wood TBC
5 Wood TBC
Hybrid TBC
Ping i210 5-PW irons/True Temper Dynamic Golf S300 120 Stiff

Ping Glide 2 Stealth 50 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2 Stealth 58 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

Evnroll ER5B Hatchback Black 34” putter with Gravity 1.0 grip
Taylormade TP5/Titleist Pro V1 ball

This just happened:

Not quite not exactly.

Nice win by Reed, major caliber player even before hand

Spieth provided the days most excitement.

Rory trash talk getting old

Tiger could trash talk and back it up.

I think Rors was humbled once again by Augusta and the fact that a career grand slam is the hardest thing to accomplish in golf. Phil is the greatest example of this with six 2nds in US Opens

I was thinking something similar earlier...not only the pressure to win a major, but the pressure of winning the grand slam too. Rory admitted that he thinks about it a lot.

I think Rors will eventually win a green jacket. But I wouldn't be surprised Jordan gets a career grand slam first. He seems like the type that thrives on pressure like that

Phil gets his chance in June, Jordan gets his in August. So yeah, Jordan has a good chance to get his first.

[size=3]Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15[/size]°[size=3] | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18[/size]° [size=3]| Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1[/size]

Honestly who cares about his weight? He's a great player whos comfortable with who he is. He's not nearly the fat slob daly was, who many defended

Ping G400 10.5 Ping Tour 65
Ping G400 14.5 Ping Tour 75  
Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85
Callaway Apex Mixed Combo 2021 4 - AW KBS $-Taper
Yururi Tataki 52.5 & 60.5 KBS Hi Rev 125
Ping Anser 2 Milled
NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
Titleist ProV1X 
UA Jordan Spieth 2
Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)

This just happened:

Not quite not exactly.

Didn't ya'll argue about this two days ago. Go back about 130 pages or so

[size=3]Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15[/size]°[size=3] | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18[/size]° [size=3]| Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1[/size]

Jack is the GOAT then a considerable drop-off to #2 Tiger... then another considerable drop-off to probably Hogan, Nelson, Watson and Miller then the rest....

It's hard to compare eras. No one knows what Byron, Ben, Arnold, Jack etc would have been like with today's course conditions and improvement in equipment...

I'm glad someone finally settled this! That should convince everyone.

This thread, however, is about the 2018 Masters.

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
15* M2 2017
18* M2 2017
4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
SC Newport Two