Didn't like the hollow feel/sound of the P790.

Sticking with my 716 T-MB.

I hit the 790 3 iron and the T-mb 3 iron. I ended up with the T-mb as the ball flew off it like a rocket, straight and far. The 790 did as well but I got a little more with the T-mb. I bought the 790 3 bent to 18 this week because I liked it. Steel in the 790 and graphite on the T-mb

I have a TMB with Amt black shaft. Would like a graphite but I really do like the shaft. Theres a good chance Ill pick up the UDI 2 iron and **** them together and sell the other

I have a modus 120 coming in the 790. The T-mb has a kuro kage 85. Both stiff.

Let me know how they compare! Hopefully you have a tough choice ahead lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 18 with the 2 UDI - PX HZRDUS Black 6.0. Low long bombers all day long. Have a 2nd one on the way but going to drop a GD Tour AD-DI 95 when that one shows up to do a head to head.

I had a HZRDUS black 6.5 in a driver and I hated that thing. It felt like a telephone pole. Maybe the 6.0 would be better but it is a really stout shaft especially for a 2 iron in my opinion. I can’t swing that hard with little feel.

• 2 weeks later...

Played 18 with the 2 UDI - PX HZRDUS Black 6.0. Low long bombers all day long. Have a 2nd one on the way but going to drop a GD Tour AD-DI 95 when that one shows up to do a head to head.

how was the head to head?

Callaway Mavrik 10.5 rogue Ventus black 7x/Sim 10.5 ventus black 7x

Titleist u510 16 1 iron ventus black 10x /udi 2 iron 130x
Sim ti 3 ventus black 7x

Sim ti 5 ventus black 8x 

ram 7 wood x100
5-gw Wishon eq1-nx single length

Cleveland cbx2 wedges x100 52/56/60
Callaway tank
Taylormade tp5x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and buying clubs to have the perfect bag of clubs that I may never be able to swing...:)

Tried the P790 on a launch monitor in the local store and hit about 10 or so balls. Looked great behind the all and felt solid off the face basically everything I was expecting. Big difference from my 716TMB that I currently have was the shaft. Play a CTaper 130x and the Hzrdus 85 was verily light in comparison, which I knew going in. Would of liked to try a black 105 and given a more comparable test. Seemed to have a bit less offset than the 716TMB but didn't have both to actually compare side to side. Distances seemed similar after accounting for the difference in loft. Won't be changing in the near future but will be top of the list for possible replacements.

Got mine today, love this thing. Now I have to figure out what to do in my 3w slot...the UDI is easier to hit, straighter, misses are playable....not sure what I am going to do for a 3 wood now?

Find a 13* DI? :)

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
TS3 16.5* EvenFlow White 75
TS3 19* EvenFlow White 90
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE
TP5x / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Got mine today, love this thing. Now I have to figure out what to do in my 3w slot...the UDI is easier to hit, straighter, misses are playable....not sure what I am going to do for a 3 wood now?

You should see how easy it is to hit the new rogue vs your epic.

My WITB:

Team NIKE

Taylormade Sim - PX Green Hulk PVD 6.5

Titleist TS3 15 - AD-BB 8x

Taylormade UDI - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Taylormade P760 4-9 - Nippon Modus3 130TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw (46, 50, 54, 58) - DG S400 TI

Toulon Design Las Vegas @ 33.5"

Got one of these last week, and absolutely love it. Low launch, massive carry and rollout - this is a great tee option on short/tight par 4s, and off the deck into par 5s. Can also hit it higher when wanted, and work the ball left/right with ease. Will probably bend this 1* weak to get some better gapping, but DAYUM!

Had a Ben Hogan VKTR hybrid that quickly found itself listed for sale on eBay, after my first range session with the P790...that was the only hybrid that I liked even a little bit (and was still pretty meh about it), and probably the last hybrid I'll ever though now that I have this baby.

Got one of these last week, and absolutely love it. Low launch, massive carry and rollout - this is a great tee option on short/tight par 4s, and off the deck into par 5s. Can also hit it higher when wanted, and work the ball left/right with ease. Will probably bend this 1* weak to get some better gapping, but DAYUM!

Had a Ben Hogan VKTR hybrid that quickly found itself listed for sale on eBay, after my first range session with the P790...that was the only hybrid that I liked even a little bit (and was still pretty meh about it), and probably the last hybrid I'll ever though now that I have this baby.

What shaft are people who are liking this going with? Got mine with the Hzrdus black just to speed up delivery knowing I would probably change it out. Definitely needs more weight than 85g.

Taylormade SIM (9) - Tensei Pro Orange 60

Taylormade M3 T3 (14) - Tensei Pro Orange 70

Taylormade M3 5W (19) - Tensei Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG2 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade TP EF 60 ATV - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

I bought mine for $162.50 (included tons of custom steel shaft options and loft/lie/tipping/grip choice at no charge) and free shipping off of eBay. Shipped direct from TM.

Yours arrive? I did the same, but got a message the next day mine was backordered.

It arrived quickly - must’ve been one of the first orders. You’ll love it once you do get it.

You should see how easy it is to hit the new rogue vs your epic.

I hit a demo from my club yesterday, and kept it! The new sub zero with a hzrdous shaft in it....easiest 3w I've ever hit!

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
TS3 16.5* EvenFlow White 75
TS3 19* EvenFlow White 90
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE
TP5x / Bridgestone Tour B XS

I went with Project X steel in 6.0 and think I made the right choice. Perfect launch and performance...for me at least.

This post makes me happy. Hopefully ours both work out lol!

My only tweak was ordering it 1 inch shorter than stock. I don't play a 3 iron, so I wanted my UDI the same length as the next progressive iron would be in my set, which is a 39" 3 iron in the 718 AP2s and these came in 40 stock. It might take a bit of distance off as well, which I'm okay with as this is going to blow past my 4 iron. I'm thinking it will be a gap and eventually I'll need the loft tweaked a degree or 2 weaker... But I'd like to see how it plays an inch shorter first, then make adjustments from there.

Driver TBD

Woods TBD

T100.S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

SM8 48, 52, 56, 60

Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron

Took mine to the TrackMan range at Carls Golfland yesterday. I absolutely love this club, it's so easy to hit. I ended up going with the HZRDUS85 shaft, and really like it.

Now I just have to figure out which club to remove from my bag :/

All shots off the mat. Premium Ball setting enabled.

https://i.imgur.com/r8sbPP6.png

My other irons showed about 10-15 yards longer in carry yardage than what they should be with the premium ball setting enabled. Just adding as a disclaimer.

Pic of the stick:

https://i.imgur.com/sW4OJuc.jpg

I agree completely with this statemant. im not a high swing speed player, about 95mph average, I'm in Michigan playing 50* and layered in clothes, and this club flat out works. easier off the deck than my 3 wood and almost as long. Feels great and looks great. Going out tonight for another 18 with it before it snows again.

Ping G400 LST 10*
Titleist TS3 15*
Taylormade UDI 2 
Callaway MB 2018 3-W
Titleist Vokey 54*/60*
Bettinardi BB2

Currently ballooning my hybrid... With every hit I keep wanting this club to hurry up and ship more and more. Can’t wait to do a head to head with them at similar lofts. The height of a hybrid plus the graphite shaft isn’t working particularly well for me at the moment. Don’t have a solid club besides the 3w to go to off the tee when the driver start acting up. Hope this can fill that spot nicely!

Driver TBD

Woods TBD

T100.S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

SM8 48, 52, 56, 60

Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron

Finally hit mine today

Bent to 18*

- 1/2”

6.5 hzdus 85g shaft

I swing the driver At 120mph

If anyone says this thing launches high then I have no idea what you are doing lol.

This thing just launches low bullets off the deck. Off a low tee I could get low- low mid rockets.

I am going to love this thing

Taylormade Sim 9* (7*) Accra tour Z RPG 472 m5+
Titleist TS3 15* Synergy green proto 80tx

Taylormade P790 3 iron. Aldila RIP 105x 
Taylormade p750 4-PW PX6.5 
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60 TI S400 black onyx 
Oddessey 7CS Tour