Teaching Professional referral (California, Arizona, Nevada) with key details enclosed

crazyray

Preferably someone who won't completely break down my self taught swing (super strong grip) and cause me to hate the game.

Live in NJ, but looking to get away for 7-10 days with my lady for a few days, she lays by the pool, while I take multiple lessons over that period. Take stuff home to work with, as one of the businesses I own is a golf course so i'm always able to get some reps in.

Yes, I could to go Florida, as I know there are great teachers down south, but if i'm going away I always have preferred the west to the south. I'm in Vegas 2-3 times a year anyway, but I love Arizona and love Cali. I was built for the west coast.

I've heard a lot about Monte and the work he's done from these forums, and i'm not against going that route, but also looking for all alternatives.

Money is not really an issue, as in times of dismay I've looked at trying to set up with top 20 ranked teachers, with some prices being extremely high.

What I really want is to get some direction, because i'm tired of trying to keep my handicap sub 5 without making any changes to my swing. I'd love to work with someone that could help me work with what I have.

Any replies, DMs, whatever would be greatly appreciated.

For whoever can come up with the teacher I end up choosing, i'll send you a dozen Titleist balls of your choice - THIS IS FOR REAL as I am a facility owner

The last hitch, i'd love to get this done sooner rather than later, cause once my course & restaurant hit mid may, I don't have much travel flexibility.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend Matt Trimble out of ASU Karsten in Tempe. He’s worked with lots of great players, including Jon Rahm and Matt Jones. He also works with the ASU golf teams. He’s a guy that really stresses fundamentals, and makes small changes, gradually making guys better.

Here’s a link to his website: http://www.teamtrimble.golf/. There’s info on his philosophy and other stuff that should give you some info. Hope it works out!

<br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />

Obvious choices are Monte (Orange County, CA) or Dan (FL...not in your target area), but also give a thought to Tyler Ferrell (San Jose) who is mentioned on another thread here (the Stock Tour Swing thread). Stay at Cordevalle a bit south so your wife has a very nice place to hang out, then drive up to La Riconada CC in San Jose to see him. Weather in early May though will be nice, but maybe not perfect for lounging around a pool all day. At Cordevalle you have a nice place to play/practice after lessons.

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/cordevalle-northern-california

Cobra F9 Tour Length - Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Cobra F9 14.5 - Atmos Blue Stiff
Callaway Epic Hybrid - Recoil 780 stiff
TM790 - Steelfiber R 4-UW
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
Srixon Z-Star

Vegas has lots of good teachers.

If you what the GG experience, Jake Gilmer is your guy

Ive heard good things about Mario Bevilacqua.

Eric Meeks is a former US Am champ

Jeff Gallagher of the golfing Gallagher family.

And Jim Burke who teaches out of the PGA superstore in Summerlin. He comes from a long lineage of instructors.

Thats just the ones I have had experience with.

Sam Goulden. You get to keep your super strong grip. And then has plenty of online videos/support for when you get home. His “square to square “ method is a different way to play the game ....but it flat out works. I’m addicted.

Srixon Z565 driver
Srixon F65 3 wood
Srixon H65 hybrid
Bridgestone JGR HF2 4-A w/ Recoils
Acculock Ace Arm Lock Putter

Sam Goulden. You get to keep your super strong grip. And then has plenty of online videos/support for when you get home. His “square to square “ method is a different way to play the game ....but it flat out works. I’m addicted.

What's so different about it? It's looks like most of the PGA tour swings

Titleist TS2 Kuro Kage XD 7S
Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Sam Goulden. You get to keep your super strong grip. And then has plenty of online videos/support for when you get home. His "square to square " method is a different way to play the game ....but it flat out works. I'm addicted.

I would tend to disagree. I think most players have much more face rotation. Some of his setup keys are unique as well.

I'm not saying it's comparing apples to oranges... but maybe comparing sweet potatoes to yams :)

Srixon Z565 driver
Srixon F65 3 wood
Srixon H65 hybrid
Bridgestone JGR HF2 4-A w/ Recoils
Acculock Ace Arm Lock Putter

Sam Goulden. You get to keep your super strong grip. And then has plenty of online videos/support for when you get home. His "square to square " method is a different way to play the game ....but it flat out works. I'm addicted.

I would tend to disagree. I think most players have much more face rotation. Some of his setup keys are unique as well.

I'm not saying it's comparing apples to oranges... but maybe comparing sweet potatoes to yams :)

His swing looks a lot like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6cUb1B7ka0

There are a lot of good golfers with an upright swing and lots of face rotation like Bubba, Justin Thomas, and Phil Mickelson, but Goulden's swing looks like a lot of the flatter swings with a square to path face like Spieth, Kuchar, and McIlroy

Titleist TS2 Kuro Kage XD 7S
Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I live in AZ and have taken lessons and attended clinics through Monte. Not only is he an excellent teacher, but his availability after the fact is amazing. Being able to follow up, ask questions is worth its weight in gold.

Doesn't mean that other instructors won't have the same availability, but you know you are getting it with him.

Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

• 2 weeks later...