Patrick Reed golf.com Story - A Must Read

williamsnrb

Patrick's fine and he's in a good place as a Player, Husband and Father.

Madison was down for the tourney this weekend and had breakfast Friday morning with Patrick, Justine, Kessler and Patrick's former Collegiate and current performance coach, Josh Gregory, whom she later dropped at the airport, and he was in a great mental state of mind and very light hearted.

Maybe she'll post her thoughts :)

For those that say that he's too brash and a poor sport, he's a perfect Gentleman here and he lost, lolol

[media=]

[/media]

Stay well Gents and remember, it's very easy when you're in the stands, on your couch or behind the ropes, both on the course and off it!!

Cheers��

RP

Well, we definitely don't need any input from anybody who has actually met the man.

Clearly, he's an arrogant pr!ck.

LOL!

Wouldn't say who because it wasn't intended to be a public exchange, but someone who also has met the man shared some pretty cool observations/interactions that changed my outlook on him quite a bit from respecting him as a Ryder Cupper, but maybe no further, to thinking of him more as a person, and a good person at that - always lucky when you can get some real insight into people and trust the messenger (just as I would always trust Richard and Maddie).

So many sides to everyone, need to take advantage of real context when you can get it.

I trust Richard's opinions without question...well, except for Pat Perez.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the story is a shallow and mindless.

If you have parents, you know there is a bond that takes many transgressions to break.

If you are a parent, you know there is a bond with your children that takes many transgressions to break.

Unfortunately, these breaks happen within families but to understand why takes more than a few paragraphs or a few pages. Maybe we might have a hint about Patrick and his family if we could see years of their lives play in front of us but even that is doubtful. Only if you could understand their thoughts and feel what they feel in their hearts could you maybe get a glimpse of what is actually going on in their lives now.

My sister was the all american girl. Honor society, cheerleader, good heart. My parents were the most loving parents I know and would have done anything for their children.

One day girl meets older boy, older boy introduces pretty young girl to parties and drugs, parents try their very best to intervene, girl steals from parents for drug money, parents try to help but young girl repeats the above over and over for years. Father dies without his little girl in his life and little girl becomes a grandparent without her parents in her life.

That is how I can explain that story in a paragraph.

Anyone think they understand my family?

I can tell you it hurt and hurt and hurt everyone involved but I can't even understand it!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

They will stop writing it if we all collectively stop buying it. Reed won, it was a great three days to watch. That is why we watch golf, for the golf, not for a reality show. I dont care to hear about Mr.Reeds family, or any other golfers family. Honestly it is in poor taste to look into other peoples lives. They are golfers, who entertain us by playing a game very well. No where in that should we expect or want to know thier personel details. For the people who have responded with the golf is a game for gentleman type comments, gentleman dont gossip, and they dont seek the company of those that do. The man has children, why should the press drag this garbage out to embarass him on the day he won? Why should we support an enterprise that would do this? Who really benefits from this story? A simple congratulations, for a game well played was all that was in order. This is tabloid trash of the lowest calibar, not good for any sport or our culture in general.

Well said

Patrick's wife isnt a nice person.

I followed Reed for a few days at a tournament and she waddled her azz around the course like she owned the place.

I wouldnt believe everything you read especially from the wife who is talking about her in-laws.

Sounds like youre an

[media=]

[/media]

; )

most definitely an azzman

I was really rooting for Reed as we all make mistakes. I won a tourney in college and greased my driver every round. Lost a little distance but the course was tight and I hit way more fairways than normal. Just put a little dab on the corner or your towel and act like your are cleaning you club. It is very easy.

Lol very first post on this site and it's about cheating his way to a win. What an entrance!

Well I was researching articles about Reeds past and found this site.

Well, welcome to GolfWRX! You kicked the door in with that first post. Lol

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Madison was down for the tourney this weekend and had breakfast Friday morning with Patrick, Justine, Kessler and Patrick's former Collegiate and current performance coach, Josh Gregory, whom she later dropped at the airport, and he was in a great mental state of mind and very light hearted.

For those that say that he's too brash and a poor sport, he's a perfect Gentleman here and he lost, lolol

[media=]

[/media]

Stay well Gents and remember, it's very easy when you're in the stands, on your couch or behind the ropes, both on the course and off it!!

I'm waiting for the day that one of his former "teammates" has the stones to put their name behind the cheating allegations, lol. The only thing more pathetic than hiding behind fake avatars and fictitious usernames is being included in an anonymous group of "former teammates," lmao

Golf" and "teammate" is sorta an oxymoron����

I'd just as soon go it alone, lmao

Cheers��

RP

absolutely Richard... until the day comes when one of the teammates scorned comes forward it never happened ......Its literally less than an accusation at this point....nobody has publicly accused him of anything... just some "he said she said" bullshat in a pot being stirred by the vultures masked as media....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Man, I'm not a Reed fan by any means but the lack luster, courtesy clapping after he won was really strange to me. Many didn't even seem to be clapping greenside. The dude beat Rory in the Ryder cup, handily holds him off as well as a push by others in the field to win the Masters. And all we're doing is talking about his family issues or what he did bad in his past?

What's the guy gotta do?

And don't forget that he relished going and playing in the Olympics for his country. He didn't hide behind that whole Zika thing that Jordan and Rickie used when they really just didn't want to go to Rio.

Yesterday was his day. He should have had his moment in the sunshine and save the negative stuff for a later time. He obviously has some demons and issues from his past, but he's worked hard to put it behind him and rebuild his life. I just feel bad for him that he wasn't embraced by the crowd around 18 and then he gets stupid questions about his family when he should be relishing the moment. There are some ugly souls in this world and yesterday it wasn't Patrick Reed.

Rickie played in rio FYI in case you don’t listen to the announcers talk about his tattoo ?

Unfortunately winning the Mastwrs only increases the magnifying glass on your life. This will probably get worse before it gets better. Character does matter to me but so does redemption not eternal damnation....lol. Can’t believe I said that on a golf forum. So this will gather steam until someone else in the sports world does something to overshadow it.

Oh this is fun, here let me try to dissect the enigma that is P REED

• Does Reed come off as a douchebag? Absolutely.
  • Does it help he has one of the most punchable faces on tour? Not a bit.
  • Did he seriously rock a choker as a dude on national television? Like multiple times, and I cringed for him even 3000 miles away.
  • Does his wife seem like a psycho b****? Yeah for the most part. She's got the look down and those crazy eyes too. WTF was she wearing on Sunday anyway? Oh well, she's rich as a mofo. But you can bet your a** she's nuts.
  • Are his parents probably just as crappy as he is? Most definitely.
  • Did he cut contact off because they recommended he "take it slowly" with psycho b****? Of course not, that's retarded - he cut off contact with them because they obviously suck a** at being even remotely decent people. They done f***** up big time. Dumbass hillbillies.
  • Does Reed need to play practice rounds with other PGA pros to seem likeable? Nope, he keeps to himself and probably thinks most pro golfers are pretentious little bitches that never matured past 14 years old...even though he's surely just the same.
  • Does Reed need to be buddies with anyone on tour at all? No, he absolutely doesn't. It's a job to him, and the other players are his competitors, nothing more, nothing less. Plus their jokes are probably the worst I could imagine. Think Dustin Johnson impersonating Beavis & Butthead for 4 hours. Mostly butthead.
  • Did Reed cheat that one time with the one ball in the rough all those years ago? Who gives a s***. He was the stud on all of those teams and carried them to championships. He's got game, doesn't need to cheat all that much. If he cheated to win the masters? Crucify him. If he cheated at a qualifying round in backwoods hickville university? Who caaarrrrres.
  • Should we care at all about any of this stuff? Well hell yeah we should - I mean I'm absolutely positive that Ricky and Bubba and Rory and Tiger and Ian and Phil and Marc and Sergio and Henrik and all those other dudes are like the most awesome wholesome people in the history of the universe. Rich kids forced to play golf from the age of 3 tend to always turn out as such high functioning social philanthropists. Ha I'm kidding, they're all pariahs and you know it. And they know it, so they probably just roll that s*** downhill to poor old P REED who takes it on the chin and doesn't give a fuuuuuuuck.
  • Did Reed just put on a clinic at the Masters? You bet your a** he did. You. Bet. Your. a**. He. Did. I wasn't cheering for him, he's a ****** I don't think there's any real debate about that, but he's got serious game and well....good on him for working like a maniac and kickin some serious a**.

Lol...that's quite the list.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I followed Reed for a few days at a tournament and she waddled her azz around the course like she owned the place.

I wouldnt believe everything you read especially from the wife who is talking about her in-laws.

Sounds like youre an

[media=]

[/media]

; )

most definitely an azzman

True story.

When I was 16, just got my license

I was checking this babe out in my rear view

Ended up running over a stop sign

Ladies got the power ; )

Unfortunately winning the Mastwrs only increases the magnifying glass on your life. This will probably get worse before it gets better. Character does matter to me but so does redemption not eternal damnation....lol. Can't believe I said that on a golf forum. So this will gather steam until someone else in the sports world does something to overshadow it.

Agree. I mean, look on the front of yahoo. Several of these stories are now plastered throughout about him after the win.

His family issue is his problem, he doesn't owe a reporter a quote or anyone an explaination. No one on this board is Mother Teresa, we all lead broken lives in some capacity, we've all done things we aren't proud of. Difference is 99.9% of us don't have their lives dissected under a microscope in the public sphere. It's easy to sit up on a high horse when that's the case.

Reed accused of cheating, stealing by several different teammates, and asked to leave by his coach, who backs up the accounts of his shady character. Hated by his teammates at Augusta even as he carries them to national championships.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Not sure why so many rush to defend the guy. There's a lot of great people on tour to root for. Why root for a cheat and a thief, who is universally disliked by almost everyone he's come into contact with? Guy is a jerk. He can play golf and I respect his talent, but not gonna root for him.

I saw some general questions in this thread about the light applause Reed was getting at Augusta.

I presume that there were a lot of UGa Bulldogs in attendance that close to Athens, and that they all remembered this:

https://www.sbnation...-notre-dame-hat

To be fair, Reed claims to be a long-time Notre Dame fan apart from his own collegiate history. Looks like his wife became a fan of the Fighting Irish too.

UGA fans are the worst!

Easy there killer lol.

But let’s set some things straight here..

Reed was never a UGA fan, even when he attended the school. It was merely a stepping stone for him. Everyone around him knew this and it was no secret. You’d be surprised how many of your star athletes from your preferred school aren’t diehard fans themselves.. I hold no hard feelings as I know he was never a fan to begin with.

He is the loner type, but that doesn’t mean he has no friends. He prefers to keep his circle small to limit drama. And his personality type is not well received with the masses. Some would call him an a** when it’s not nearly accurate. He’s a fierce competitor and has no interest in going on vacation with “the guys” on tour.

There is more to the story, so much more. But the one side you all are dying to know, will never be made public. I doubt he will ever publicly address it anymore than he has. Golf is a job for him, and he will take the same road he has for many years. Private business is private.

The “scandals” from his youth and college days...most would’ve never been brought up had he not gone pro. Some are true, most are not.

If you believe that his family are the victims and they’ve done no wrong, well then you are mistaken. Let’s just say, Patrick isn’t the only one who’s cut them out completely. If you think the “baby sister” is an angel, you’d once again be mistaken.

I don't know Reed or his parents. I don't know what kind of relationship they have and I don't really think anyone on here does either so I have nothing to add there. But, I will say this.. I had a strong dislike for him after his top 5 comment. Rooted against him in every tournament he was on the leaderboard. Until...

A couple of years ago I had clubhouse passes to the Bridgestone in Akron. There was a huge rain delay on Saturday and as you can imagine the clubhouse was packed with people trying to stay out of the rain. I was looking out of my little roped off area into the sea of people as pro after pro was being ushered through the crowds.. heads down with security surrounding them.. never looking at anyone as they passed.. headed to their locker room. Then, I look at the crowd and I see guess who? Patrick Reed. Kneeling down in the middle of everyone.. soaked from the rain.. talking to some little kids..signing autographs and taking pictures with anyone who wanted one. Smiling, laughing.. just hanging out. He probably stayed there 30 minutes or so before moving on. He was THE ONLY pro to do that. He didn't have to.. but he did. And that day changed everything for me with him. I said to myself.. "Oh sh$%, I have to like this guy now". And I do.. I root for him anytime he's in contention.

Now that's an awesome story! Thanks for adding it, Stu.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

That's the impression I've gotten from most PGA WAGs that I've seen at tournaments.

Well, I followed Rickie as well and Stokke was very chill and approachable. Justine was with a friend of hers and just the tone of her conversation I overheard was that she has the characteristics of a b1tch.

The same sort of vibe (douchebaggery) Patrick gives off, Justine has picked that up.

[media=]

[/media]

Cheers��

RP

Well, we definitely don't need any input from anybody who has actually met the man.

Clearly, he's an arrogant pr!ck.

LOL!

Wouldn't say who because it wasn't intended to be a public exchange, but someone who also has met the man shared some pretty cool observations/interactions that changed my outlook on him quite a bit from respecting him as a Ryder Cupper, but maybe no further, to thinking of him more as a person, and a good person at that - always lucky when you can get some real insight into people and trust the messenger (just as I would always trust Richard and Maddie).

So many sides to everyone, need to take advantage of real context when you can get it.

I trust Richard's opinions without question...well, except for Pat Perez.

Great insight, Richard! I hope you're doing well, buddy.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I saw some general questions in this thread about the light applause Reed was getting at Augusta.

I presume that there were a lot of UGa Bulldogs in attendance that close to Athens, and that they all remembered this:

https://www.sbnation...-notre-dame-hat

To be fair, Reed claims to be a long-time Notre Dame fan apart from his own collegiate history. Looks like his wife became a fan of the Fighting Irish too.

UGA fans are the worst!

Easy there killer lol.

But let's set some things straight here..

Reed was never a UGA fan, even when he attended the school. It was merely a stepping stone for him. Everyone around him knew this and it was no secret. You'd be surprised how many of your star athletes from your preferred school aren't diehard fans themselves.. I hold no hard feelings as I know he was never a fan to begin with.

He is the loner type, but that doesn't mean he has no friends. He prefers to keep his circle small to limit drama. And his personality type is not well received with the masses. Some would call him an a** when it's not nearly accurate. He's a fierce competitor and has no interest in going on vacation with "the guys" on tour.

There is more to the story, so much more. But the one side you all are dying to know, will never be made public. I doubt he will ever publicly address it anymore than he has. Golf is a job for him, and he will take the same road he has for many years. Private business is private.

The "scandals" from his youth and college days...most would've never been brought up had he not gone pro. Some are true, most are not.

If you believe that his family are the victims and they've done no wrong, well then you are mistaken. Let's just say, Patrick isn't the only one who's cut them out completely. If you think the "baby sister" is an angel, you'd once again be mistaken.

oh i kid the Dawgs.....lol Id put you guys ahead of Clemson fans anyway....

agree with you on all other points ..Go Cocks!!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Reed accused of cheating, stealing by several different teammates, and asked to leave by his coach, who backs up the accounts of his shady character. Hated by his teammates at Augusta even as he carries them to national championships.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Not sure why so many rush to defend the guy. There's a lot of great people on tour to root for. Why root for a cheat and a thief, who is universally disliked by almost everyone he's come into contact with? Guy is a jerk. He can play golf and I respect his talent, but not gonna root for him.

Im a jerk.

Ergo

I like that he beat the crap out of all

The nice "gentlemen"

And will be eating dinner with Jack and all the other champions next year

While his whiny teammates are watching on TV and eating

Cheetos ; )

Setting aside all the history ... did anyone else get annoyed seeing Reed pull his sleeves up all time (so they bunched up on his shoulders)? He would do it even when he walked off a green ... I mean, at least wait till you are ready to hit the next shot. Maybe he should tape his sleeves up so that they stay up like a 1990s D-Line football player.

Or better yet -- get a tailored golf shirt from your sponsor.

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

It would be great if

Reed got on a little program like

http://youtu.be/RQmDISgjry8

Why not?

Rory was very pudgy too, no?

Haters would really blow their stacks ; )

Heads would explode! :)

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

What’s the story with P.Reed’s FIL...?

Haven’t hear much about the guy which gestures toward how the mother-in-law and daughter like to have their men ?

Still curious about the wife’s family dynamics...I trust Alan already has a draft of a conjecture-filled piece on that one in the works, so shouldn’t have to wait that long.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

[media=]

[/media]

I'm waiting for the day that one of his former "teammates" has the stones to put their name behind the cheating allegations, lol. The only thing more pathetic than hiding behind fake avatars and fictitious usernames is being included in an anonymous group of "former teammates," lmao

Golf" and "teammate" is sorta an oxymoron����

I'd just as soon go it alone, lmao

Cheers��

RP

absolutely Richard... until the day comes when one of the teammates scorned comes forward it never happened ......Its literally less than an accusation at this point....nobody has publicly accused him of anything... just some "he said she said" bullshat in a pot being stirred by the vultures masked as media....

Yup pure gossip. Real men don’t talk like that. Put your name on it or shut up.

Read the article by Shane Ryan about his college days and make up your own mind.

How many people could read an account of their own college days and feel great about it? And proudly display it to the world? I know I couldn't.

This is getting to be too much. We're judging a guy based on his college days? No thanks.

I'm just glad there was no internet or cell phone cameras when I was 20 for people to judge me of what people thought was right and wrong. Still haven't met any perfect people yet now that I'm on the march to 50.

Sure you have. There's about 1500 of them on this website. Open any thread about any tour player and they'll tell you

I have a very low opinion of reality tv and I have an even lower opinion of people who get off on it. There is no denying that people take enjoyment from watching or reading about others' misery. Those people will rarely admit to it, but they take pleasure in watching other people fall from grace. It does make them feel better about whatever shortcomings they have in their own life. This stuff is no different.

The only logical reason for anyone to care about this story is they themselves have been in a similar situation with their family. Outside of that, if this really interests you, you should get out more and live your own life.

First of all I didn't root for Patrick Reed. But not because I think he's... whatever, I didn't really root for any of the players. Would have been nice if Rickie Fowler had pulled it off, though. But Reed played very good golf over 4 days, he finished one stroke clear of the next competitor, so he has done everything right and has my full respect for it. Well done!

But for all the people trying to judge Patrick Reed based on the articles and incidents that are brought up: Who do you root for?

Tiger? The master of fist-pumping, on-course swearing and temper tantrums? The man who seemingly cheated on his wife with dozens of hookers? The man who put other peoples lives in danger by driving around under the influence of multiple substances?

Philly Mick? The always smiling Mr. Know It All of the golfing world, who seems to be a compulsive gambler and has had some seemingly illegal insider deals running?

John Daly? A fat slob who wasted all of his talent by smoking, drinking, gambling, marrying women he hardly knew and not practicing. A guy that drives around selling JD merchandise in Hooters parking lots?

Leave Mr. Reed alone and enjoy the golf! If he chooses to go at his business by himself, he has every right to do so. If he chooses to break the bonds with his family for whatever reason, he has every right to do so. It is simply none of our business. The only things that should affect us as people not directly related to him are his game of golf (which is pretty good), maybe his on-course behaviour (which is OK, I think), and maybe the way he treats fans (which is also not that bad, it seems). Why care about what his wife wears, how she seems to behave (from what we see in 10 second TV snippets), that she is four years older than him and that she is tiny and has a big nose. He seems to be happy with her, that's all that counts. We don't know the members of Team Reed in person (well, Madison seems to know them, they don't seem to be the morons a lot of people think if you meet them in person), so watch the golf and dump the gossip.