906F2 vs. 906F4

can anyone compare these at 15*
Title and description make the point of the post. I'm looking for a comparison from anyone who has hit both. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these and need to get some qualified feedback. I'm make a slightly descending blow at impact. I tend to launch my driver a degree or so low for 115-120mph SS, but i hit my irons/wedges quite high.

I'm coming from a 15* TM Vsteel w/ fuji pro95x which I caved in the face of recently. I hit this club solid and on a nice trajectory. I'm thinking that since i carry a 2 iron and no other fw's or hybrids, a 906F4 at 15.5* would fill the gap well, but i'm worried about it going too high off the tee.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fill this spot in the bag or which Titleist FW would suit me better.
The shaft will either be a v2 86x or my fuji pro95x pull.

Thanks in advance folks. Anxious to hear the good word.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually people that swing that hard are solid players. And the fact you are planning on a v2 86g usually means you want a low launch, boring 3 wood. I also assume since you even know about the Pro95, you are pretty knowledgable about shafts and weights, therefore i ASSUME you are a pretty good striker of the ball. Most people, the ones that say FujiKARA...or the ones that think all Fuji's are the same have never heard of Pro95, the same people that say "oh yeah, i got that speeder shaft, its good!"

Anywho, the f4 is a higher launching, shallower faced "Orlimar Trimetal-ish" looking club. In my honest opinion its better out of the rough or off less then perfect lies then the f2 but if you want something off the tee, stick with the F2.

however, i think sticking with another V-steel would be ideal. The V-steels are some of the best three woods ive ever hit. I like them as much if not more then any "current" 3-wood made. Give the Burner TP a try however. Its roots are in the V-Steel head.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Kiyoshi Prp 65x
Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3wd Nunchuk
Ping Rapture D.I 17* KBS Tour
Nike Pro Forged Blades 3-9 KBS Tour
Nike x3x Ts 48, 54, 60 DG S400 TI
Bettinardi Armlock

thanks uno,

the pro95 feels so smooth, i love it. i'm going to order the 3w today more than likely and am on my way right now to demo a couple, the F2 probably being the front runner. since i have to order with a shaft installed, i was going to go v286x since there is no upcharge but if i don't like it i can put the pro95 in later. what i'm concerned about is that if i put the pro95 in to the 15* F2 will that be too low launching...?

do you or anyone else know which 3w the Vsteel is closest to, f2 or f4, in terms of playability, feel, launch, etc?

Thanks again,

bucco

I have had the v-steel and the 906f2 with v2. I found that the 906 launches low but spins like crazy. I lost about 20 yards when I switched to the 906f2 and have since went back to a vsteel. The 906 feels so dead to me and if you are a high spin, low launch player like myself I would suggest buying the v-steel, burner tp or r7 TP. (On a side note, the 906f2 is the best looking 3 wood that one can buy) tough descision but go with what works for you!

thanks uno,

I consider myself to be an above average ball striker and have pretty decent knowledge of shafts/equip etc. the pro95 feels so smooth, i love it. i'm going to order the 3w today more than likely and am on my way right now to demo a couple, the F2 probably being the front runner. since i have to order with a shaft installed, i was going to go v286x since there is no upcharge but if i don't like it i can put the pro95 in later. what i'm concerned about is that if i put the pro95 in to the 15* F2 will that be too low launching...?

do you or anyone else know which 3w the Vsteel is closest to, f2 or f4, in terms of playability, feel, launch, etc?

Thanks again,

bucco

that V2 that comes stock in the 906f2 is not a normal V2...its a whippy tip fairway version of the normal V2. Thats why it hooks and spins so hard. I would never suggest a stronger player swings a F2 with the stock 86g V2 Fairway.

also with 15 degrees of loft, i dont think the pro95 will launch too low.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Kiyoshi Prp 65x
Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3wd Nunchuk
Ping Rapture D.I 17* KBS Tour
Nike Pro Forged Blades 3-9 KBS Tour
Nike x3x Ts 48, 54, 60 DG S400 TI
Bettinardi Armlock

update,

I just got done hitting the 906f2, w/ v286. the looks are very appealing, and it felt really solid, but i was tending to launch it a little on the low side. i'm thinking the 906f4 would be a better fit just based on the shallow profile.

The Vsteel looked a little closed to my eye, albeit quite solid. I can't afford an r7 TP.

i'm thinking worst possible scenario, i order the f4 15.5 with v2 86x. if it launches too high, i can put my pro95x in to bring the flight down, assuming there is no problem with a shaft that played at 43" going into a bore-thru head...(any concerns about the bore thru with a pulled shaft?)

Further suggestions, or thoughts would still be appreciated. Thanks ya'll.

bucco

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.