2018 RBC Heritage

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to this.

My wife and I stayed at Sea Pines about 3 weeks ago and got to play Harbour Town twice. First rounds of the season. I'd like to see it played with skill.

I was surprised that the greens are the smallest on tour. They were like twice the size of my home course. The wind made 17 an absolute bear.

DJ plays for the 1st time due to sponsorhip agreement, maybe he never played before because he didn't like the course even though he's native to SC. Would love to see how he fares this week.

DJ has played twice before, when he first came out on tour. Missing the cut in both appearances.

I'm hoping to see Luke Donald regain some of his old form before he switched coaches. He always plays well here so hopefully he can find some of his old mojo.

[size=3]Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15[/size]°[size=3] | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18[/size]° [size=3]| Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1[/size]

I'll be watching but not near as closely as I did last week (obviously).

The field is kind of just okay (to be expected)

Paul Casey started slow in Augusta but was on fire by the close of business on Sunday. Wonder if he can stay that way.

I find myself expecting nothing out of DJ week in and week out. This way I never get let down but sometimes get a pleasant surprise.

I'll be watching but not near as closely as I did last week (obviously).

The field is kind of just okay (to be expected)

Paul Casey started slow in Augusta but was on fire by the close of business on Sunday. Wonder if he can stay that way.

I find myself expecting nothing out of DJ week in and week out. This way I never get let down but sometimes get a pleasant surprise.

Like the bogie on a par5 he just did. gosh, frustrating. I see why you lower your expectation.

Nope Im streaming right now.

lol @ DJ just hitting his 3w past Kuch's drive. He's insanely long, such an advantage.

D - Ping G4410+ 9*| Ventus Black 6x (SIM Max 9* on Standby)

3w - Ping G410* @15.5*| Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x (SIM Ti on Standby)

5w - Cobra SZ 18.5* @20* | Accra FX2.0 380 M5

4h - 818 H2 23* | Ventus Blue 10x

5-GW Cobra Forged CB | Modus 120X

W - SM8 54/12 & 58/8 @59* | S400 Ti

P - Scotty Newport 2 Special Select

Ball - ProV1x

I'm really looking forward to this.

My wife and I stayed at Sea Pines about 3 weeks ago and got to play Harbour Town twice. First rounds of the season. I'd like to see it played with skill.

I was surprised that the greens are the smallest on tour. They were like twice the size of my home course. The wind made 17 an absolute bear.

I thought PB's were?

The thing I like about Heritage is that it gives an idea into what the Tour would be like if 90% of the courses were set up differently.

Wesley Bryan wins last year. Currently 2nd last on the entire Tour in Driving Distance at 273 yards.

2nd is Luke Donald, T167 in Driving Distance at 288 yards.

Also in the top 10 are McGirt (125), Brian Gay (188), Harman (153)

Previous winners

Furyk has won it twice - Last time he ranked in 2017, he was bottom of Driving Distance at 271 yards

Kuchar - T148 in Driving Distance

McDowell - T157

Snedeker - T153

Gay - 188

Weekley - T116 in 2017

Baddeley - T118

I think it has more to do with top players sitting the week out. In a good field with a short course (mexico) the best players in the world dominate, and most of the best players are the longest hitters, because distance is a critical skill to golf. Distance is one of the most valuable skills one can have, regardless of course, it just so happens that most of the players with length, who are not completely one dimensional (i.e, the best players), sit the week out.

My guy Luke Donald didn't play so well... a couple of doubles will do that to you :|

[size=3]Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15[/size]°[size=3] | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18[/size]° [size=3]| Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1[/size]

FWIW: Mark Crossfield and Lockey played Harbor Town in January 2017; posted a VLOG on it on YouTube. Interesting watch to see how mere mortals (especially Lockey) play the course, if you can put up with MC's constant yabbering.

Coach made H.Town look like a brute. Lol

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I'm really looking forward to this. My wife and I stayed at Sea Pines about 3 weeks ago and got to play Harbour Town twice. First rounds of the season. I'd like to see it played with skill. I was surprised that the greens are the smallest on tour. They were like twice the size of my home course. The wind made 17 an absolute bear.
I thought PB's were?

I thought so to but yesterday on GC they said it was harbour town. Also has 3 of the hardest green to hit on tour the last few years and shortest average driving distance.

I personally felt heron point was tougher. That course seemed to have OB left and right on just about every hole. At least at harbour town the OB was set back a little.

I'm really looking forward to this. My wife and I stayed at Sea Pines about 3 weeks ago and got to play Harbour Town twice. First rounds of the season. I'd like to see it played with skill. I was surprised that the greens are the smallest on tour. They were like twice the size of my home course. The wind made 17 an absolute bear.
I thought PB's were?

I thought so to but yesterday on GC they said it was harbour town. Also has 3 of the hardest green to hit on tour the last few years and shortest average driving distance.

I personally felt heron point was tougher. That course seemed to have OB left and right on just about every hole. At least at harbour town the OB was set back a little.

Heron Point is tougher IMO. A longer, more penal version of Harbour Town.

I played Omni Amelia Island recently and it is the most similar to Harbour Town I have ever played. Could be twins.

Can we all agree that we don't want Sabbatini winning this thing?

No. He's actually a really great guy. Met him in TX. He's absolutely not what the media portrays.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

Luke Donald will do well to finish 2nd this year, he actually missed 8 cuts in a row after finishing 2nd last year and without that RBC Heritage finish he'd have had no chance of being in the top 125.

His results so far in the 2017/2018 season have been very average to poor with only 3 cuts made in 8 events. He's missing cuts by several shots so not sure he'll be saying "I'm close" as many players often state.

I like Kuchar this week and he's off to a solid start.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Luke Donald will do well to finish 2nd this year, he actually missed 8 cuts in a row after finishing 2nd last year and without that RBC Heritage finish he'd have had no chance of being in the top 125.

His results so far in the 2017/2018 season have been very average to poor with only 3 cuts made in 8 events. He's missing cuts by several shots so not sure he'll be saying "I'm close" as many players often state.

Agreed. I've been a big fan of Luke Donald for a long time, but I think the end might be coming for him. Not sure what's going on with his game....It's not just a situation of being short and crooked off the tee. He was lights out with his wedges ....that's not there anymore. Same with his short irons.....just not there either. I hope I'm wrong!

Agreed. I've been a big fan of Luke Donald for a long time, but I think the end might be coming for him. Not sure what's going on with his game....It's not just a situation of being short and crooked off the tee. He was lights out with his wedges ....that's not there anymore. Same with his short irons.....just not there either. I hope I'm wrong!

He hit the ball well today with a lot of irons close and shot 67, but missed a 5 footer for birdie that would have guaranteed him the cut. Hopefully the cut moves to +1, but barely making cuts is not how you want to play. Hopefully he finds something soon.

I know it's wrong. I know I'm bad, but that shot by McDowell that just hit the bloke on the head, I laughed. I laughed again at the replay, one hop and dink on the back of his head because he wasn't looking. The look on his face was priceless.

Callaway Rogue Even Flow 6.0

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood Even Flow 6.0

Cleveland Launcher HB 25* Myazaki stiff

Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 4i R300
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW 105 reg
Cleveland Zipcore 48, 52, 58
TM Ardmore 2