Alberta Courses

6t4gt0

> @"Double K" said:

> Booked Kimberly for Easter long weekend. Courses will just be opening so am not hoping for much.

Headed out there may 8-9-10

Playing bootleg, shadow , st Eugene and wildstone

Can’t wait. Love the courses there.

Should check out their Instagram pages. It is pretty green there already. Wildstone looks in mid season shape

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I usually stick closer to Invermere I’ve only played Shadow Mountain that far south.

What’s good? I’ve heard good things about Trickle Creek, but it looks like it is the last to open.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

> @"Double K" said:

> I usually stick closer to Invermere I’ve only played Shadow Mountain that far south.

>

> What’s good? I’ve heard good things about Trickle Creek, but it looks like it is the last to open.

>

>

I really like Trickle Creek. Views are amazing. Lot's and lot's of elevation change. I'd play there every chance I got

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

> @"Double K" said:

> I usually stick closer to Invermere I’ve only played Shadow Mountain that far south.

>

> What’s good? I’ve heard good things about Trickle Creek, but it looks like it is the last to open.

>

>

Yah it is on the ski hill ( 2 mins from my in laws place) it is usually the last to open. Trickle is good though. Lots of downhill tee shots. Tight. It is tough

Wildstone is the only Gary player design in Canada. It is one of my favourites.

Love bootleg as well. Shadow is super tough as well

Tri-hot double wide 

> @"Double K" said:

>

>

>

Trickle is always last to open. It up on the mountain by the ski hill, so the snow takes longer to melt. Also, the course does not drain all that well with some low lying areas retaining moisture. From a design perspective, I would rank them:

1 - Shadow Mtn

2 - Wildstone

3 - Trickle

T4 - Bootleg Gap & St. Eugene

All five are worth it and fun to play. Trickle is 20ish years old, and relatively short compared to Shadow and Wildstone, which is why I have it third. The tee shot on 11 is quite superb, with the green down below and Fisher Peak and the Rocky Mountains in the distance. Wildstone's greens are amazing with plenty of undulations. My beef with Wildstone is the tee shot on #7. In my opinion, this a poorly designed hole with houses on the left tight, drop off on the right, and running out of fairway at 225 to 250 yards before the hole curves left. If you can't hit a controlled draw with a driver, then a fairway wood or hybrid is the play off the tee. This would be a better hole (and a much safer hole) with the tee box moved up 50-100 yards and turned into a par 4. The fairways at Wildstone have always been in spectacular shape. Shadow Mtn is amazing with all of the bunkers. Distance control is key to keeping it in the short grass and out of the sand around Shadow Mountain. Tee shots on 15 & 17 are not soon forgotten. Both Shawdow Mtn and Wildstone have amazing ranges/practice areas that I wish we had at our course.

Bootleg Gap and St. Eugene being T4 on my list is not an indication that they are bad courses. They are good tracks, and the bunkering is very similar on both as both are Les Furber designs. Value for money, they are much better than the courses in Invermere in my opinion. I would rather pay $80 to play either of these two over paying $140 or more to play Eagle Ranch or Copperpoint.

Just my two cents worth.

> @T2GRNN2 said:

> > @"Double K" said:

> > I usually stick closer to Invermere I’ve only played Shadow Mountain that far south.

> >

> > What’s good? I’ve heard good things about Trickle Creek, but it looks like it is the last to open.

> >

> >

>

> Trickle is always last to open. It up on the mountain by the ski hill, so the snow takes longer to melt. Also, the course does not drain all that well with some low lying areas retaining moisture. From a design perspective, I would rank them:

> 1 - Shadow Mtn

> 2 - Wildstone

> 3 - Trickle

> T4 - Bootleg Gap & St. Eugene

>

> All five are worth it and fun to play. Trickle is 20ish years old, and relatively short compared to Shadow and Wildstone, which is why I have it third. The tee shot on 11 is quite superb, with the green down below and Fisher Peak and the Rocky Mountains in the distance. Wildstone's greens are amazing with plenty of undulations. My beef with Wildstone is the tee shot on #7. In my opinion, this a poorly designed hole with houses on the left tight, drop off on the right, and running out of fairway at 225 to 250 yards before the hole curves left. If you can't hit a controlled draw with a driver, then a fairway wood or hybrid is the play off the tee. This would be a better hole (and a much safer hole) with the tee box moved up 50-100 yards and turned into a par 4. The fairways at Wildstone have always been in spectacular shape. Shadow Mtn is amazing with all of the bunkers. Distance control is key to keeping it in the short grass and out of the sand around Shadow Mountain. Tee shots on 15 & 17 are not soon forgotten. Both Shawdow Mtn and Wildstone have amazing ranges/practice areas that I wish we had at our course.

>

> Bootleg Gap and St. Eugene being T4 on my list is not an indication that they are bad courses. They are good tracks, and the bunkering is very similar on both as both are Les Furber designs. Value for money, they are much better than the courses in Invermere in my opinion. I would rather pay $80 to play either of these two over paying $140 or more to play Eagle Ranch or Copperpoint.

>

> Just my two cents worth.

>

I don’t mind #7 on wildstone. Hit a 2 iron or a 3w our thers then lay up to a wedge. Take your 5 and get out.

I love the length of the course. Some good holes and the greens are great!

Tri-hot double wide 

Great summary of the courses, I would (for what it is worth) rank St.Eugene at #5. If you play these during a weekend I suggest playing Shadow as your first course as it is a brute and will kick your behind if you are not on top of your game .

Titleist TS2 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

TaylorMade M2 3 wood
Ping G5 4 Hybrid Grafalloy ProLuanch Blue Stiff
Titleist AP3 ProjectX LZ 6.0
Titleist Volkey SM7: 48,54
Odyssey Works #7

Played olds today. Greens were amazing! They are doing some bunker work around the course some holes have new sod around the bunkers. #4 is still under construction around the green. Should be done soon.

Little wet in some fairways but nothing to serious. It is a great course actually.

Shot 75. Give me 2 swings back and it would have been a great round. Missed about 4 birds inside 10 feet but also made 4 good par putts as well.

Tiger on Sunday!!

Tri-hot double wide 

I live in Renfrew now. What's the closest grass range with a decent practice area around here? Inglewood is off mats, can't remember if the Winston is grass the range is PITA to get too if you don't have a powercart. McCall Lake maybe?

I used to practice at Sirocco, but that's a bit of a hike now.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

Congrats.

3 rounds in for me, fourth tomorrow. Not worth talking about, except for one word . . . . inconsistent

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Sigh, another challenging day to come. Gusting upwards of 40 km/hr probably not long after tee-off.

> @"Double K" said:

> I live in Renfrew now. What's the closest grass range with a decent practice area around here? Inglewood is off mats, can't remember if the Winston is grass the range is PITA to get too if you don't have a powercart. McCall Lake maybe?

>

> I used to practice at Sirocco, but that's a bit of a hike now.

Not sure what’s around you for grass.

I don’t mind Mats as long as they are good ones. I could hit balls off the Mats at blue devil all day. So nice. Others not so much. I live in Cranston so Mackenzie meadows grass range is where I hang out.

Tri-hot double wide 

> @deltapapatango said:

> Is there an instructor in Calgary area who does putting instruction?

Grand slam golf academy does

They use a sam putt lab as well

Tri-hot double wide 

> @"Double K" said:

> I live in Renfrew now. What's the closest grass range with a decent practice area around here? Inglewood is off mats, can't remember if the Winston is grass the range is PITA to get too if you don't have a powercart. McCall Lake maybe?

>

> I used to practice at Sirocco, but that's a bit of a hike now.

Silverwing has a grass range, but no bunker practice area. McCall's driving range is off mats. Can't speak to the Winston, haven't been there in many years

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @"Double K" said:

> > I live in Renfrew now. What's the closest grass range with a decent practice area around here? Inglewood is off mats, can't remember if the Winston is grass the range is PITA to get too if you don't have a powercart. McCall Lake maybe?

> >

> > I used to practice at Sirocco, but that's a bit of a hike now.

>

> Silverwing has a grass range, but no bunker practice area. McCall's driving range is off mats. Can't speak to the Winston, haven't been there in many years

I practiced off silverwing grass range 1 day. Almost thought I was hitting off the pavement in the parking lot...the ground was soooooo hard l. Mats were almost better

Tri-hot double wide 

Anyone want to play Speargrass at 11:06 on Thursday? Have an open spot

Tri-hot double wide 

> @remlap13 said:

> Anyone with news on Delacour conditions?

>

> They're opening tomorrow, and I've got a tee time for Easter Monday. They're running spring rates ($50 on the weekend, $40 on Monday), so even if the course is rough, it's hard to complain too much.

I would imagine it is in good shape. Seems late for them to be opening. It is always good there

Tri-hot double wide 

> @remlap13 said:

> Anyone with news on Delacour conditions?

>

> They're opening tomorrow, and I've got a tee time for Easter Monday. They're running spring rates ($50 on the weekend, $40 on Monday), so even if the course is rough, it's hard to complain too much.

No word on their condition, Josh. I hope it's a great day for you. Let us know once you're done.

I'll be testing my back out this weekend. I have a round planned for each day, Friday through Monday.

Innisfail opened today, 2 of the nines in play, 3rd is not.

Greens in really good shape, just a little shaggy of course. Was great to get back out!

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @remlap13 said:

> > Anyone with news on Delacour conditions?

> >

> > They're opening tomorrow, and I've got a tee time for Easter Monday. They're running spring rates ($50 on the weekend, $40 on Monday), so even if the course is rough, it's hard to complain too much.

>

> No word on their condition, Josh. I hope it's a great day for you. Let us know once you're done.

>

> I'll be testing my back out this weekend. I have a round planned for each day, Friday through Monday.

Will do! I've got a round Saturday at Elbow Springs too. Going to be a hell of a weekend!

> @specimania said:

> I am gonna play delacour Friday am. The maybe two on Monday I’ll post back. I bet del is good though they took their time to open. I love that course

If you remember, let us know how it looks out there. Hopefully you don't get rained out.

Played speargrass today. 76 from the tips.

Needs some rain. Really brown out there but the greens were great! And no wind!

They were firing up the irrigation system out there today

Tri-hot double wide 

Well, off in a couple of hours. It looks like the rain may stay away long enough to complete the round. The wind, however, . . . sigh. Can't catch a break. Just want one day soon when I can golf when the wind isn't 30 gusting to 50 km/hr.

> @specimania said:

> Played canals today. Really too bad they lost the 2 green. It’s temp but they are gonna transplant. Greens were a little fuzzy. Course if greening up. Tee boxes need some water and sun. Not bad. It was windy!

Windy down at Blue Devil as well. Shot an 83 with a birdie and three doubles. Stupid game. lol