Alberta Courses

6t4gt0

Played Speargrass today. Fairways need some rain for sure. The greens were running very nice. 

had a nice round going till those last 3 holes....lazy swings plus the wind picking up didn’t help... 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Played serenity today. Greens are super fast abs pure right now. Windy as all hell but I played very well! 

Tri-hot double wide 

12 hours ago, Double K said:

Heading to River's Edge this afternoon. 

Played the front nine. Greens wintered nicely and were mighty fast. Extremely windy. Course is quite wet, they have dug two ponds between 4 and 5 fairways to help with drainage. 

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

Decided to pull the trigger on the G425 Max, went out to the range & hit it with the stock shaft, amazing performance gained a bit of S/S & found it to be very forgiving on miss hits, it meets & exceeds all my expectations. Came home and pulled the old G400 adapter and epoxied on a new G425 adapter on my Tensei P/O .... hardly wait to get back to the range & out on the home course which will open tomorrow. Golf season has finally arrived in Central Ab ....

Cheers

D.

P1060745(1).JPG

P1060750(1).JPG

P1060751(1).JPG

P1060752(1).JPG

• Like 2

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

10 hours ago, ZipinZ said:

Decided to pull the trigger on the G425 Max, went out to the range & hit it with the stock shaft, amazing performance gained a bit of S/S & found it to be very forgiving on miss hits, it meets & exceeds all my expectations. Came home and pulled the old G400 adapter and epoxied on a new G425 adapter on my Tensei P/O .... hardly wait to get back to the range & out on the home course which will open tomorrow. Golf season has finally arrived in Central Ab ....

Cheers

D.

P1060745(1).JPG

P1060750(1).JPG

P1060751(1).JPG

P1060752(1).JPG

Hey David!  I remember that shaft!  And that G400....  Unfortunately that shaft never worked out nearly as well for me in my 410 as it did in your 400 but I still have it and haven't given up on it.  After we came home from that Palm Springs trip the Ventus started behaving much better than it did in the desert and although I'd retry the Tensei from time to time I always ended up back with the Ventus.

Got a G425 about a month ago and I agree with your assessment completely as it definitely outperforms my 410.  More forgiving and just easier to hit and keep in play.  It's still early but so far I've yet to hit a single what I'd call "foul ball" with it.  

It's hard to explain but it doesn't "seem" to be as long as the 410 when it leaves the club face but then I get out to the ball and its consistently every bit as long or longer than the 410 was.  In other words it kinda has that "sneaky long" quality.

Still trying to settle on a shaft however.  I ordered it sight unseen with the Rogue White in regular flex just for the heck of it and so far am hitting it better with the Rogue than the Ventus or the Tensei.  It feels really head heavy with the non counterbalanced Ventus kinda like the 410 felt too light with the counterbalanced Tensei.  I'm gonna try a lighter backweight with the Ventus and am going to continue to work with the Tensei although switching out the backweights with Tensei was less than a roaring success.

And who knows - I might have simply "matured" to the point that a regular flex is where I belong now.  If the Rogue is where I end up I'm certainly fine with that but I also enjoy the tinkering.

Unfortunately our range is closed until at least May for renovation (I know - who the hell renovates a driving range in the spring?) and there aren't any decent public facilities nearby so most of the experimenting has to take place on the course which is less than ideal as it's always packed with all the other folks that have had enough of winter and lockdowns.

Nonetheless, I'm beyond happy with the 425 and also purchased the five and seven woods although I went with the Ping Tour 65 in each of those.  Really, really good fairway woods.

All the best David and I hope you get a decent chance to put that new beast to the test and soon!  If you hit it even a little bit better than you did the 400 you'll be pretty formidable off the tee!

Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Playing today at GlenEagles...4º as a high 🥶

Should be fun!

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

13 hours ago, Double K said:

Different adapter between the 420 and 425?!

DK ... My old driver head was a G400, the adapter is different.

Ping decided against the G420 line, not sure why, maybe something to do with Covid.

The G410 & now the new 2021's ... G425 use the same adapters, I picked up some new one's from Billy Bob's Golf while in Calif.

Decided not to hit the range, not a great day here, +6C very windy & raining now.

D.

Edited by ZipinZ

Ping DLX Cart Bag

6 hours ago, vernon said:

Hey David!  I remember that shaft!  And that G400....  Unfortunately that shaft never worked out nearly as well for me in my 410 as it did in your 400 but I still have it and haven't given up on it.  After we came home from that Palm Springs trip the Ventus started behaving much better than it did in the desert and although I'd retry the Tensei from time to time I always ended up back with the Ventus.

Got a G425 about a month ago and I agree with your assessment completely as it definitely outperforms my 410.  More forgiving and just easier to hit and keep in play.  It's still early but so far I've yet to hit a single what I'd call "foul ball" with it.  

It's hard to explain but it doesn't "seem" to be as long as the 410 when it leaves the club face but then I get out to the ball and its consistently every bit as long or longer than the 410 was.  In other words it kinda has that "sneaky long" quality.

Still trying to settle on a shaft however.  I ordered it sight unseen with the Rogue White in regular flex just for the heck of it and so far am hitting it better with the Rogue than the Ventus or the Tensei.  It feels really head heavy with the non counterbalanced Ventus kinda like the 410 felt too light with the counterbalanced Tensei.  I'm gonna try a lighter backweight with the Ventus and am going to continue to work with the Tensei although switching out the backweights with Tensei was less than a roaring success.

And who knows - I might have simply "matured" to the point that a regular flex is where I belong now.  If the Rogue is where I end up I'm certainly fine with that but I also enjoy the tinkering.

Unfortunately our range is closed until at least May for renovation (I know - who the hell renovates a driving range in the spring?) and there aren't any decent public facilities nearby so most of the experimenting has to take place on the course which is less than ideal as it's always packed with all the other folks that have had enough of winter and lockdowns.

Nonetheless, I'm beyond happy with the 425 and also purchased the five and seven woods although I went with the Ping Tour 65 in each of those.  Really, really good fairway woods.

All the best David and I hope you get a decent chance to put that new beast to the test and soon!  If you hit it even a little bit better than you did the 400 you'll be pretty formidable off the tee!

Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Hi Paul .... pleased to see & read your following this thread. I'm pumped to read your positive review on the 425 Max & new fairway woods.  I'm planning to do more testing on the range & the course over the next few weeks, need to play with the shaft settings & moveable weight. The Ping factory spec is 26 gr on the back weight, mine came with a 29 gr, I did some tinkering, muted the sound and got the S/W up to D4/5, I prefer to feel & know where the head is in my swing. For me I make better contact with heavier S/W, guess we'll see if I loose any S/S.  With the stock shaft in the G425 my Garmin G80 said I gained a bit more S/S over the G400 & Tensei. Hoping to see the same results with the G425 & now the Tensei.   If this new head continues to perform like it did the other day, may have to upgrade the 3 wood, too. Will advise accordingly.

Look forward to seeing you guys back in Palm Springs in 2022, were booked for 3 months plus in the same rental.

Cheers

D.

Edited by ZipinZ

Ping DLX Cart Bag

On 4/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, ZipinZ said:

Hi Paul .... pleased to see & read your following this thread. I'm pumped to read your positive review on the 425 Max & new fairway woods.  I'm planning to do more testing on the range & the course over the next few weeks, need to play with the shaft settings & moveable weight. The Ping factory spec is 26 gr on the back weight, mine came with a 29 gr, I did some tinkering, muted the sound and got the S/W up to D4/5, I prefer to feel & know where the head is in my swing. For me I make better contact with heavier S/W, guess we'll see if I loose any S/S.  With the stock shaft in the G425 my Garmin G80 said I gained a bit more S/S over the G400 & Tensei. Hoping to see the same results with the G425 & now the Tensei.   If this new head continues to perform like it did the other day, may have to upgrade the 3 wood, too. Will advise accordingly.

Look forward to seeing you guys back in Palm Springs in 2022, were booked for 3 months plus in the same rental.

Cheers

D.

Mine came with the 29 gram weight as well.  Thinking about trying a 26 or 23 with the Ventus.  I also have a #4 hybrid coming that should be here in a couple of weeks.  I've never really gotten along with hybrids very well but the 425 just looks really, really good to me.  Has a nice shape and doesn't look closed at address to my eye like most others.

And, as I alluded to earlier half the fun is the tinkering to see if we can make them just a little bit better.

I sure hope you're right about Palm Springs next year but I'm still not so sure.  I figure by then we'll be in wave six of the Panamanian strain of Covid 23 and not allowed to leave our homes without certification of having four vaccine shots and seven boosters!  Four or five masks will likely be standard by then too.

I don't imagine I'll be allowed back on an airplane either as I have no interest in the vaccine and that'll probably be required to cross state lines much less fly by then.

Anyways, I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong cause I sure do miss that place.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

April 13th, cold morning -5C, greens covered in frost, pushed my first t-time to afternoon & walked 9.  Need to get use to the new G425 Max, first drive of the year ended up in the other fairway, found I had to tee the ball down a bit more, then started to hit a nice draw, back weight is in the draw setting, had a couple just over 270 yds. Put 1 in water, made 2 birdies, shot 3 over 39. My first round last year was on May 05th, getting out 3 weeks sooner this year is a bonus, temps going up, playing 18 tomorrow. Mule deer look healthy & Red Fox is still hanging around the course. Golf season is finally here.

Paul .... I'm sure it will all come together in a couple of weeks or so.  As for the jab, just drop the drawers & tell the nurse to aim high on your left butt cheek and blame the Govt for the pain in your azz..... see you in P/S. 

D.

Edited by ZipinZ
  • Like 1

Ping DLX Cart Bag

April 14th - Bty day for a walk spoiled, we were the first group out, played 18 in 3.5 hrs, lost 1 ball bush, had a few birdie opportunities only made 1 & broke 80, was hitting the ball well, best drive today with the new Ping G425 Max was 293 yds as per Garmin S5.  Had a few off centre hits that still went semi straight and didn't loose much distance, amazing forgiveness compared to my G400. Playing again on Friday forecast is 18C.  Enjoy the weekend fellas back to rain & snow on Sunday/Monday.

Edited by ZipinZ
  • Like 1

Ping DLX Cart Bag

April 16th - +18C with little to no wind, what a bty golf day. Pro-Shop said the course was sold out, no T-Times available until the late evening.

The greens on my home track are very slow, ended up being short on too many holes, no birdies and too many missed par putts = a bunch of bogies today was happy to finish with the same ball, shot 85. I moved my back weight on the G425 from the draw position to the neutral spot and I hit a bunch of dead straight shots & a few with a baby draw. My first drive of the day went 274 yds. If felt like the club was more stable with higher MOI. (The higher the MOI the more resistance it has and the more forgiving the club will play.)

No regrets upgrading to the Ping G425 Max. Enjoy the warm weather & the game fellas, it's about to change.

Cheers

D.

Edited by ZipinZ

Ping DLX Cart Bag

This garbage weather is getting old... +19 for 2 days then snow... like wtf? 

also those bullxxxx rules Ontario just brought in better not make it this way....

Tri-hot double wide 

1 minute ago, Kale_m said:

This garbage weather is getting old... +19 for 2 days then snow... like wtf? 

also those bullxxxx rules Ontario just brought in better not make it this way....

Golf course opens tomorrow, although there are a few greens still not ready. Got the rules which include no arrival sooner than 15 minutes before tee time.  Just about enough time to put your shoes on, check in at the proshop and hit 5 - 10 shots on the range before needing to head to the first tee.  No way to play golf well like that.  <roll eyes>

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

4 minutes ago, Cruisin1966 said:

Golf course opens tomorrow, although there are a few greens still not ready. Got the rules which include no arrival sooner than 15 minutes before tee time.  Just about enough time to put your shoes on, check in at the proshop and hit 5 - 10 shots on the range before needing to head to the first tee.  No way to play golf well like that.  <roll eyes>

Hit that range up across the road before 

Tri-hot double wide 

1 hour ago, mikedejong33 said:

WTF is happening in Ontario? That better not happen in AB! What a joke

To be fair they could do more at courses, like no shared carts unless same households or make people have masks on when ordering from the beer cart.
But we’re usually 2 weeks behind what happens in Ontario, no golf in the summer would suck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, capking said:

To be fair they could do more at courses, like no shared carts unless same households or make people have masks on when ordering from the beer cart.
But we’re usually 2 weeks behind what happens in Ontario, no golf in the summer would suck.

We are doing just fine here. 

take all the carts away. Everyone walks. Be fine with that 

Tri-hot double wide 

Played Lakeside today for the first time. 

Nice track kinda reminded me of Dobson Ranch in Phoenix. 

Very windy and the course is extremely dry. Can't remember seeing dust puff up when the ball landed in the fairway. 

Swing felt a lot more connected than it has this year. Really looking forward to playing on Wednesday, weather permitting. 

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

2 minutes ago, Double K said:

Played Lakeside today for the first time. 

Nice track kinda reminded me of Dobson Ranch in Phoenix. 

Very windy and the course is extremely dry. Can't remember seeing dust puff up when the ball landed in the fairway. 

Swing felt a lot more connected than it has this year. Really looking forward to playing on Wednesday, weather permitting. 

I am booked in for Darcy ranch on Thursday... but the 2 degrees and snow we are supposed to get will probably mess that up....

Tri-hot double wide 

Played today.  Rusty, but kept the ball in play for the most part.  Three birdies, two doubles for a 79 (41/38)

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

4 hours ago, Cruisin1966 said:

Played today.  Rusty, but kept the ball in play for the most part.  Three birdies, two doubles for a 79 (41/38)

Not bad at Douglasdale

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

5 hours ago, Double K said:

Not bad at Douglasdale

😛

That was on Country Hills - Talons, playing off the Black/Gold combo tees.  Only about 6600 yards, so just slightly longer than Douglasdale

April 18th ........... Sylvan #18 this morning from the back door ..... this sucks.

D.

P1060795.JPG

Ping DLX Cart Bag

I just finished shovelling 4” of snow off the deck. 20°C yesterday. Sigh

570111E2-75D8-487F-88F6-E9A72F2DCE78.jpeg

C66 .... the XMass lights are a snow magnet.

Sun came out here, starting to melt.

D.

Ping DLX Cart Bag