Pet peeve, language

Wonder how many suspensions the mods could hand out in this one thread alone,,,,,,,,,, given the Rules of the site ?

Aint' it nice they're so tolerant ? Oh my. :o

RULES

{snip}

Profanity, Harassment and Other Inappropriate Conduct- You may not submit Postings or Content that are indecent, profane (including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language),

If you are really concerned about the rules, contact moderator and have it locked.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how many suspensions the mods could hand out in this one thread alone,,,,,,,,,, given the Rules of the site ?

RULES

{snip}

Profanity, Harassment and Other Inappropriate Conduct- You may not submit Postings or Content that are indecent, profane (including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language),

If you are really concerned about the rules, contact moderator and have it locked.

If I was that concerned about it I would have done exactly that.

Just consider my post a PSA to my WRX brethren,,,,,,,,,, ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

RULES

{snip}

If I was that concerned about it I would have done exactly that.

Just consider my post a PSA to my WRX brethren,,,,,,,,,, ;)

Well, you did in fact bring up the rules twice. So I just thought maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Language does not bother me but volume does, f bomb under your breath all you like. I don’t like a guy yelling when he shanks one. I remember playing with my a Dad when I was about 12 and we were paired with a guy f bombing on every other shot. On the green I saw my Dad had heard enough. I thought he was going to tell the guy to shut up. He actually looked at him and said’ “ no offense pal, but your not good enough to get mad at bad shots, bad shots is your game,”

Callaway Paradyn 9°
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping g400 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 923 hot metal HL 5-GW
Vokey 50-08 sm8
Vokey 56-08 sm9
Spider Tour 34”

I will admit I drop the F bomb atleast 50 times in 18 holes. I also pee on trees and drink the entire time on golfing, so I must have been born in a barn.

s***, I do all of these too. Damn, that actually looks really bad when it's written out so plainly like that!!

Like, I'm actually a really nice guy and I'm never mean to anyone, but yeah, that's me on the course. LOL

(of course only a couple of those bombs are actually audible from more than 20 feet) :D

I was pretty young ~20 ish when I saw this old dude ~ late 60ish flat out b**** smack a guy my age for using the F word in front of his wife. It left a mark on the kids face and a bigger mark on my conscious. I'm trying to raise two gentlemen in todays world and it is not easy. An example is the best that I can do. I swear way too much but it bothers me when I do.

I was pretty young ~20 ish when I saw this old dude ~ late 60ish flat out b**** smack a guy my age for using the F word in front of his wife. It left a mark on the kids face and a bigger mark on my conscious. I'm trying to raise two gentlemen in todays world and it is not easy. An example is the best that I can do. I swear way too much but it bothers me when I do.

I guess the kid let him invoke his old man privilege. If you don’t want to hear certain words then stay home. The old man would’ve been carrying an a** whipping in front of his wife in a lot of cases. Deservedly so.

You guys weren't there.

This was 30+ years ago. Before everyone on the internet was Chuck Norris.

The dude was plus 60 but not using a walker. The kid probably would have got his butt whipped 'cause that old dude sure weren't skeered.

The slap startled and I think scared the kid. He mumbled a "sorry M'am" and shuffled off.

I only told the story because it impacted my life. I am sure the details have blurred over the years, maybe he got bigger in my mind but none the less I try to watch my mouth. I can be bad, but I do try and that is the point.

You guys weren't there.

This was 30+ years ago. Before everyone on the internet was Chuck Norris.

The dude was plus 60 but not using a walker. The kid probably would have got his butt whipped 'cause that old dude sure weren't skeered.

The slap startled and I think scared the kid. He mumbled a "sorry M'am" and shuffled off.

I only told the story because it impacted my life. I am sure the details have blurred over the years, maybe he got bigger in my mind but none the less I try to watch my mouth. I can be bad, but I do try and that is the point.

People tend to do things when they think there are no consequences. A simple “could you watch your language please” would’ve been sufficient. It has nothing to do with the internet or Chuck Norris but if someone puts their hand on me then one of us is carrying an a** whipping.

I'm sorry that is beeping ridiculous and I would have pressed charges against the beep.

I'm guilty but I do pay attention to whom I'm playing with and curtail using fowl language if the situation warrants it. My Pet Peeve as it relates

to this topic is with those that say " G** Damn" Call it my Catholic upbringing or whatever but that actually upsets me way more than someone

dropping "F Bombs"

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

People that say, "I seen..." or "Where's my ball at?" instead of "Where's my ball?" The "at" just clunks off my ears.

Well if you ever find yourself in the southeast, you will most likely be cringing all day if you get paired with someone haha. I hate to talk bad about my own people but damn. Sometimes I wonder how people learn to speak the way they do. I use my fair share of southern slang and have a bit of an accent myself. Yet, there's still those types around here that I have to step back and say "Do what?!". lmao

The biggest "language" pet peeve of mine isn't cursing. It's when someone says "nice shot" or "good putt" as soon as you make contact. They literally have no idea where it's going. Then of course it goes OB or zooms past the hole. Like some sort of golf voodoo lol.

Oh yea, I have a friend that does this and it is so irritating. And like you say, it's almost instantaneous with contact with the ball, not even knowing where it's going to end up. I wonder if he senses when I have my errant drives and purposely says it then?

I guess the kid let him invoke his old man privilege. If you don’t want to hear certain words then stay home. The old man would’ve been carrying an a** whipping in front of his wife in a lot of cases. Deservedly so.

all depends on the "old man"...

I was raised by one ..... Combat Vet many times over.. Heavy equipment operator by trade... He could crack a walnut inbetween 2 fingers in his 70s... Im not going to go into "stories from the past "...But i witnessed a similar incident when he was around 60...The 20 something guy saw his life leaving his body just before he let him have his airway back. Be careful which old man you grab.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I was raised by one ..... Combat Vet many times over.. Heavy equipment operator by trade... He could crack a walnut inbetween 2 fingers in his 70s... Im not going to go into "stories from the past "...But i witnessed a similar incident when he was around 60...The 20 something guy saw his life leaving his body just before he let him have his airway back. Be careful which old man you grab.

The story of the cranky old man is so irritating on so many levels. The same guy who feels that he needs to use physical violence to "protect" his oh so dainty and precious wife from hearing a "bad" word is very very likely the same guy that whines about how "easily offended" "PC" is killing our culture.

There is a time and a place. A round of golf offers many opportunities and it's one of the best places. That being said I always try to "watch my language" when appropriate.

But if you play golf with me, don't fret, I am difficult to offend.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Below is a rant from a guy who enjoys fun, and believes this thread is beyond stupid.

Personally, if swearing offends you enough to create a topic over it on a forum the issue is in someway connected with your childhood. I feel sorry for the man that touched you and made you this way.

However in modern day society... Many people have tattoos, swear, and even have music on while playing. This is called having fun and enjoying this thing called Life.

If this doesn't sound like fun and it ruins the sport of "Golf" then please do everyone a favor.

Follow the guy home who does these things on the course, Lower your head in shame as you knock on his door.

When he comes to the door, ask him "Sir can I please have my wife back?"

The issue here was she found a real man who knows how to have fun. This man not only took care of your wife, but he then went out and had a fun game of golf (4 person best shot) with his buds.

The issue here is YOU. Not society. You either adapt or die a lonely old man who no one can stand.

Rant over.

Have a glorious day everyone.

The story of the cranky old man is so irritating on so many levels. The same guy who feels that he needs to use physical violence to "protect" his oh so dainty and precious wife from hearing a "bad" word is very very likely the same guy that whines about how "easily offended" "PC" is killing our culture.

Maybe. They could easily be entirely separate as well or entirely on the opposite side of the spectrum. Could be the old man was a leftist and thought it was politically incorrect to for the guy use that language and use violence at that moment instead of at a rally somewhere.

I don’t think the two are necessarily the same. PC and respect aren’t synonyms. One is done because it’s the correct thing. The other is a forced course based on fake outrage of a few amplified by the internet .

And I use my share of language . But was taught early on what was appropriate for my grandmothers dinner table and what was appropriate for the barnyard . “When in Rome “as they say.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock