2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2018 Volunteers of America LPGA Texas Classic May 03-06

So Yeon Ryu lives/has lived in the Dallas area yet isn't playing here. She is still playing golf though as she's posted pictures playing this week at Trinity Forest, the new home of the PGA Tour's AT&T Byron Nelson.

So Yeon played three straight weeks at the Lotte, HUGEL-JTBC, and MEDIHEAL. 'Time for a break before Kingsmill.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last four tournaments have been won by players who are not from South Korea or the USA. That is something that has not happened in quite awhile.

It last occurred in late 2016 when Carlota won the KEB Hana Bank, Minjee won the Blue Bay, Shanshan won the Sime Darby and Toto Japan, Carlota won the Lorena Invitational, and Charley won the CME. In mid 2016 Ariya won three in a row (Yokohama, Kingsmill, and Volvik), Anna won the ShopRite, and Brooke won the KPMG. In early 2016 Lydia won the Kia and ANA, Minjee won the Lotte, and Haru won the Swinging Skirts.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Sorry to be semantics guy but Lydia is very much from South Korea, she just represents somewhere else.

Oy. What country is her citizenship? What country did she represent in the Olympics? Where has she lived the vast majority of her life?

Sorry to be semantics guy but Lydia is very much from South Korea, she just represents somewhere else.

You feel the same way about Wie?

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

You feel the same way about Wie?

Michelle was born in Hawaii.

Oy. What country is her citizenship? What country did she represent in the Olympics? Where has she lived the vast majority of her life?

I said sorry for being semantics guy. I don't want to start hauling out the evidence and what not, and I realize she is a devout citizen of NZ, but I consider Lydia to be partly Korean.

I'm not sure what goes into deciding where to play these events (courses I mean), but do you honestly pick a place with a green that exposed beside the lake knowing the winds in Texas. The members say it no big deal and play through it but in a competitive event where you can't have ball movement on the greens I see this being a problem often. Or do we blame course set up and having the greens rolling to fast. The winds (even gusts) don't seem any stronger than the Bahamas or Hawaii and this is gonna hurt even more cause you definitely can't play in the afternoon T-Storms. Oh well live and learn I guess

Play has been suspended already and the weather forecast is not good for today and tomorrow.

It might be real iffy for everyone to just complete 18 holes in the first 2 days and wouldn't be surprised to see it end being shortened to 54 holes.

Saturday and Sunday should be nice, do you think they would shorten it to 54 rather than finish on Monday?

Play has been suspended already and the weather forecast is not good for today and tomorrow.

It might be real iffy for everyone to just complete 18 holes in the first 2 days and wouldn't be surprised to see it end being shortened to 54 holes.

Saturday and Sunday should be nice, do you think they would shorten it to 54 rather than finish on Monday?

Possibly a Monday finish I would think, they do have next week off ........... Although maybe the girls would rather have a shorten event as opposed to losing a day off lol

I don't recall a Monday finish in ages unless it was a continuation of a playoff started on Sunday. They generally shorten the events to 54 holes. Recall the uproar when they shortened the Evian, a major, to 54 holes.

I don't recall a Monday finish in ages unless it was a continuation of a playoff started on Sunday. They generally shorten the events to 54 holes. Recall the uproar when they shortened the Evian, a major, to 54 holes.

New Zealand last Sept.

Ya, Lydia is a fake Korean.

BUT

I think Tina pulls out Lydia's "Korean card" (I don't believe S. Korea allows you to hold 2 passports) when she's making sales calls in Seoul when she's trying to get more endorsements for Lydia.

Money is tight nowadays and Tina is likely helping pay for Sura's wedding in 3 weeks to Anthony Kim. No, not that Kim who is MIA on an insurance pay-out...... but the other Kim who used to be an agent. (Beth Ann Baldry wrote an article...I can't find it).

Ya, Lydia is a fake Korean.

BUT

I think Tina pulls out Lydia's "Korean card" (I don't believe S. Korea allows you to hold 2 passports) when she's making sales calls in Seoul when she's trying to get more endorsements for Lydia.

Money is tight nowadays and Tina is likely helping pay for Sura's wedding in 3 weeks to Anthony Kim. No, not that Kim who is MIA on an insurance pay-out...... but the other Kim who used to be an agent. (Beth Ann Baldry wrote an article...I can't find it).

I wouldn't say she is fake Korean being born in Seoul, but I get where you're coming from.

Side note: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship to it's citizens. It does not even allow it if the kids are born to parents where one is S. Korean and the other is not.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

1) I wouldn't say she is fake Korean being born in Seoul, but I get where you're coming from.

2) Side note: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship to it's citizens. It does not even allow it if the kids are born to parents where one is S. Korean and the other is not.

1) Update your sarcasm detector....maybe not running at 100% :taunt:

2) As you know and have seen...there are many middle aged Korean women playing golf here to fill up their days while their children are in school and while the husbands remain in Korea to work.

I think many Koreans send their kids to North America for their education.....especially their sons to avoid the mandatory S. Korean military service...obviously these sons need to give up their S. Korean citizenship....otherwise they're returning after university to serve in the military....we all know what happened to Sang-Moon Bae....a temporary absence from the PGA tour.

It last occurred in late 2016 when Carlota won the KEB Hana Bank, Minjee won the Blue Bay, Shanshan won the Sime Darby and Toto Japan, Carlota won the Lorena Invitational, and Charley won the CME. In mid 2016 Ariya won three in a row (Yokohama, Kingsmill, and Volvik), Anna won the ShopRite, and Brooke won the KPMG. In early 2016 Lydia won the Kia and ANA, Minjee won the Lotte, and Haru won the Swinging Skirts.

Either you have a photographic memory or you like doing research.

If the latter, go solicit Whan and get a gig consulting to improve the pathetic LPGA stats...obviously you'll need a consulting partner (me) to travel the tour with you to gather the stats info...and while your at it....get a tour photographer job...you always complain how lousy the LPGA photos are compared to the KLPGA/JLPGA photos in your fashion thread.

Heck....... on off weeks...we can hang back and do some 'tourist' golf. :lock:

1) I wouldn't say she is fake Korean being born in Seoul, but I get where you're coming from.

2) Side note: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship to it's citizens. It does not even allow it if the kids are born to parents where one is S. Korean and the other is not.

2) As you know and have seen...there are many middle aged Korean women playing golf here to fill up their days while their children are in school and while the husbands remain in Korea to work.

I think many Koreans send their kids to North America for their education.....especially their sons to avoid the mandatory S. Korean military service...obviously these sons need to give up their S. Korean citizenship....otherwise they're returning after university to serve in the military....we all know what happened to Sang-Moon Bae....a temporary absence from the PGA tour.

I'm wondering if the tensions with the North go away and they start to build a relationship if the mandatory Military thing will go away, I don't imagine it's a popular policy.

I'm wondering if the tensions with the North go away and they start to build a relationship if the mandatory Military thing will go away, I don't imagine it's a popular policy.

I've already read mention of that in the Korean news. Especially if the war officially ends (US still needs to sign) and the US pulls it's troops out of S. Korea. I think that's still a ways off but if I was a 19-20 year old kid in korea, I'd be putting off my enlistment for a bit

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

First round canceled. Will wipe out all play today and start over tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the forecast for tomorrow shows rain from about 5:00 in the morning through about 2:00 in the afternoon.

The wind seems to be the big problem, as long as there's no electricity in the air the "Snowflakes" can get wet lol. I guess it's not good if you wanna be a spectator though.

First round canceled. Will wipe out all play today and start over tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the forecast for tomorrow shows rain from about 5:00 in the morning through about 2:00 in the afternoon.

The wind seems to be the big problem, as long as there's no electricity in the air the "Snowflakes" can get wet lol. I guess it's not good if you wanna be a spectator though.

Wind forecast tomorrow is 10-15 mph but it will be higher at the golf course due to it being a links-style course. But the weekend looks great weather-wise with no rain in the forecast and winds 5-10 on Saturday and even less on Sunday.