2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Mizzen+Main+Mickelson!

https://golfweek.com/2018/05/10/forecaddie-long-sleeve-returns-for-players-friday-as-mickelson-signs-with-mizzen-main/

I'm not really sure why it's important to have a long sleeve dress shirt you've worn at work (with, I assume, some nice slacks and socks) that you don't have to change to play golf!

I wear shorts and short sleeve polo type shirts 90% of the time. And I don't want black gold toe calf socks, but rather no-show athletic socks.

It takes me probably less than 120 seconds to change into my golf attire...that to play a 4+ hour round of golf.

I guess if you're going to hit the range during a lunch break this shirt concept works, though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am willing to bet that this a at least partly a function of his psoriatic arthritis. Most of the PA meds increase photosensitivity, so wearing a long sleeve shirt could be beneficial.

Unfortunately, I have had to increase my knowledge of PA this Spring ...

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

Due to the dermatologist putting the fear of god in me, I would be a potential customer. Even though I've seen a ton of mocking comments about Phil and his dress shirt, I would prefer to play in that style than solar sleeves. I can't find any mention on their website or anywhere else for that matter about SPF of their fabrics.

Yeah, I really don't understand those "people" who are mocking Phil for the shirt he is wearing. I have zero respect for those kinds of "people". These are the same people who criticize others for having iron head covers, using a staff bag, etc. None of these things affect the one doing the criticizing one bit, yet they feel the need to offer their whining opinions of how others dress, or what have you.

And yes, there are medications that do increase sensitivity to sunshine, as was already mentioned. Is the individual supposed to sustain a sever sunburn just to satisfy those who would criticize him for wearing clothes that minimize the affect of the sun?

For those lambasting Phil: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Yeah, I really don't understand those "people" who are mocking Phil for the shirt he is wearing. I have zero respect for those kinds of "people". These are the same people who criticize others for having iron head covers, using a staff bag, etc. None of these things affect the one doing the criticizing one bit, yet they feel the need to offer their whining opinions of how others dress, or what have you.

And yes, there are medications that do increase sensitivity to sunshine, as was already mentioned. Is the individual supposed to sustain a sever sunburn just to satisfy those who would criticize him for wearing clothes that minimize the affect of the sun?

For those lambasting Phil: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

There have been long sleeve polo/golf shirts made for decades...and Phil, as recently as the Masters a few weeks back, was wearing traditional short sleeve polo shirts.

This is a fashion forum...what else do expect people to do? And, FWIW, Phil is taking a giant fashion risk by wearing a button down...it's no different than Rickie with his high tops or joggers.

You may want to lighten up, or stop reading posts online...it can't be good for your blood pressure!

There have been long sleeve polo/golf shirts made for decades...and Phil, as recently as the Masters a few weeks back, was wearing traditional short sleeve polo shirts.

This is a fashion forum...what else do expect people to do? And, FWIW, Phil is taking a giant fashion risk by wearing a button down...it's no different than Rickie with his high tops or joggers.

You may want to lighten up, or stop reading posts online...it can't be good for your blood pressure!

Then why don't you discuss fashion then instead of ripping the person wearing that fashion without even knowing why he is doing so?

Sean was exactly right in his assessment of you guys.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Then why don't you discuss fashion then instead of ripping the person wearing that fashion without even knowing why he is doing so?

He's doing so because he's being paid to do so.

I don't think so. I think he's doing it because of the medication he's on for psoriatic arthritis.

The shirt looks uncomfortable. I've gone to the range on my lunch break in a button down shirt, and will say it is less than ideal. But more than that, it makes me hot looking at him. 80*+ in a long sleeve shirt, no thank you.

Titleist TSR3 9.4* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 5S

Ping G425 14.5* Autoflex 505x

Sub70 949X 21* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red 

Mizuno Pro 225 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Vokey SM7 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

L.A.B. Mezz1

Birdie wrap blue - logo only - jpeg - small-100.jpg

In the spirit of not bagging on Phil, I am not a fan of the look. Even though golfers of yesteryear wore button downs, the game has progressed beyond that. Additionally, the long sleeve polo, to me, is a much better look if he needs it for sun protection. But, I think that Phil is getting paid for this and he would not get paid for a basic long sleeve polo, so fancy button downs it is! However, if he wants to pull this look off he needs to get the shirts tailored. Way too much fabric billowing around.

drn92

I don't think so. I think he's doing it because of the medication he's on for psoriatic arthritis.

The article makes no mention of his health issues. He’s clearly doing it for the money. And that’s ok.

Photosensitivity is a reported side effect of Enbril in .08% of patients. As someone who has had photosensitivity from Doxycycline, I can say with relative confidence that if he were to be suffering from photosensitivity, his hands, ears, and neck wouldn't be left uncovered.

What's more likely is that he is wearing the shirt, making commercials, and pimping the company because he's being compensated. As ESPN has reported:

Mickelson will wear the shirt, made by Mizzen+Main, in exchange for an undisclosed stake in the company as well as cash.

The article makes no mention of his health issues. He’s clearly doing it for the money. And that’s ok.

why sure, of course....if the article doesn't mention it, then it HAS to be money, right?

That is CNN thinking right there......

Photosensitivity is a reported side effect of Enbril in .08% of patients. As someone who has had photosensitivity from Doxycycline, I can say with relative confidence that if he were to be suffering from photosensitivity, his hands, ears, and neck wouldn't be left uncovered.

What's more likely is that he is wearing the shirt, making commercials, and pimping the company because he's being compensated. As ESPN has reported:

Mickelson will wear the shirt, made by Mizzen+Main, in exchange for an undisclosed stake in the company as well as cash.

Or, he's one of the .08% and doesn't care to share that with the likes of us. Ears, face, hands and any other exposed areas can be covered conventionally.

But yeah, it's always about the money, right?

why sure, of course....if the article doesn't mention it, then it HAS to be money, right?

The article quotes Phil himself. Maybe you should read it.

Also, there are only about a million different shirts on the market that would provide the same amount of coverage. You’re trying to tell me he needs this specific one? You’re making this about his arthritis with absolutely no evidence. That’s Fox News thinking right there.

Or, he's one of the .08% and doesn't care to share that with the likes of us. Ears, face, hands and any other exposed areas can be covered conventionally.

Yes, it is about the money. As reported by several reputable news outlets, including ESPN, which I quoted.

Can someone loan this guy another shovel? His hole isn't getting deep enough fast enough.

Styles come and go. At some point the classic look of long sleeved shirts and plus 4's may be what's cool, not athletic wear like you see today. Personally I think it's a cool look, all you haters in your polyester may be outside looking in on what is fashionable some day. After all at one point in time the baggy taupe look of the 90's was considered VERY fashionable, the tight polyester look with bright colors from the 70's was considered old man clothes.

Y'all need to be careful of any negative comments here, they may come back to haunt you some day. :)

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

The article quotes Phil himself. Maybe you should read it.

Also, there are only about a million different shirts on the market that would provide the same amount of coverage. You’re trying to tell me he needs this specific one? You’re making this about his arthritis with absolutely no evidence. That’s Fox News thinking right there.

Don't feed the trolls!

Yes, it is about the money. As reported by several reputable news outlets, including ESPN, which I quoted.

Can someone loan this guy another shovel? His hole isn't getting deep enough fast enough.

ESPN doesn’t count with people like this. If it isn’t Fox News or Infowars, then it’s all part of the liberal agenda.

Are we criticizing people for making money legally now? I don't get it???

"no thanks, I really don't need the money....in fact I would rather just dress like everyone else and not draw any attention to myself" I'd hate to market the brand and it become successful so the business can do things like provide jobs, pay taxes and donate to charities."

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

So. You don't like Phil or what he's wearing. I guess you are true fashionistas, huh?

But wait....if anyone pushes back or doesn't agree, you do your best to send the nasty dissenter to the bottom of the social heap.

And you have the nerve to talk about their non liberal agenda like your liberal agenda is any better? C,mon now, get off my lawn with that stuff.

I must be nuts. I'm trying to protect a golfer I don't really like, because I like your modus operandi less.