Styles come and go. At some point the classic look of long sleeved shirts and plus 4's may be what's cool, not athletic wear like you see today. Personally I think it's a cool look, all you haters in your polyester may be outside looking in on what is fashionable some day. After all at one point in time the baggy taupe look of the 90's was considered VERY fashionable, the tight polyester look with bright colors from the 70's was considered old man clothes.

Y'all need to be careful of any negative comments here, they may come back to haunt you some day. :)

Speaking of being careful...are you aware that M+M shirts are polyester?!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Styles come and go. At some point the classic look of long sleeved shirts and plus 4's may be what's cool, not athletic wear like you see today. Personally I think it's a cool look, all you haters in your polyester may be outside looking in on what is fashionable some day. After all at one point in time the baggy taupe look of the 90's was considered VERY fashionable, the tight polyester look with bright colors from the 70's was considered old man clothes.

Y'all need to be careful of any negative comments here, they may come back to haunt you some day. :)

As is almost all dry fit golf attire from most of the leading and not so leading clothing manufacturers.

But it is not the polyester of the '70's.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

So. You don't like Phil or what he's wearing. I guess you are true fashionistas, huh?

But wait....if anyone pushes back or doesn't agree, you do your best to send the nasty dissenter to the bottom of the social heap.

And you have the nerve to talk about their non liberal agenda like your liberal agenda is any better? C,mon now, get off my lawn with that stuff.

I must be nuts. I'm trying to protect a golfer I don't really like, because I like your modus operandi less.

Let me try to put this in way that you’ll understand. Phil doesn’t really have arthritis. He’s a crisis actor that was hired to pretend he has arthritis so the pharmaceutical companies can sell more drugs. Now, I could go into all the ways I know this to be true, but your best bet is to call Alex Jones and let him explain it. Only he can do this story justice, and I know you’ll believe it coming from someone as trustworthy as him.

But that’s how I know Phil isn’t wearing these shirts for the arthritis.

So. You don't like Phil or what he's wearing. I guess you are true fashionistas, huh?

But wait....if anyone pushes back or doesn't agree, you do your best to send the nasty dissenter to the bottom of the social heap.

And you have the nerve to talk about their non liberal agenda like your liberal agenda is any better? C,mon now, get off my lawn with that stuff.

I must be nuts. I'm trying to protect a golfer I don't really like, because I like your modus operandi less.

Let me try to put this in way that you’ll understand. Phil doesn’t really have arthritis. He’s a crisis actor that was hired to pretend he has arthritis so the pharmaceutical companies can sell more drugs. Now, I could go into all the ways I know this to be true, but your best bet is to call Alex Jones and let him explain it. Only he can do this story justice, and I know you’ll believe it coming from someone as trustworthy as him.

I think I'll call Don Lemon instead. That's his kind of story telling.......

Talking more about the athletic polyester "look" but sure if you want to get technical thanks for pointing that out. BTW I love a good poly blend type of shirt, breathable with a little stretch to it, very comfortable. I'm not suggesting people should go back to wearing wool shirts in the summer, just saying that looks and fashions change...maybe Phil is on the cutting edge. But thanks for obfuscating the conversation.

Careful, he might start crying.

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Wow, great comeback.

Yeah, I really don't understand those "people" who are mocking Phil for the shirt he is wearing. I have zero respect for those kinds of "people". These are the same people who criticize others for having iron head covers, using a staff bag, etc. None of these things affect the one doing the criticizing one bit, yet they feel the need to offer their whining opinions of how others dress, or what have you.

And yes, there are medications that do increase sensitivity to sunshine, as was already mentioned. Is the individual supposed to sustain a sever sunburn just to satisfy those who would criticize him for wearing clothes that minimize the affect of the sun?

For those lambasting Phil: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

There have been long sleeve polo/golf shirts made for decades...and Phil, as recently as the Masters a few weeks back, was wearing traditional short sleeve polo shirts.

This is a fashion forum...what else do expect people to do? And, FWIW, Phil is taking a giant fashion risk by wearing a button down...it's no different than Rickie with his high tops or joggers.

You may want to lighten up, or stop reading posts online...it can't be good for your blood pressure!

Nothing wrong with discussing fashion. I would however, suggest that one can offer an opinion about what someone wears without being snarky about it.

Also, those offering those kinds of "opinions" might want to look in the mirror once in a while to remind themselves of their own imperfectness.

Be careful...if you say something that contradicts their narrative, they will come after you. Just nod your head yes and be a good little hoi polloi. No need to think for yourself...they will do it for you.

Facts don't matter...just the narrative. You may want to contact WebMD, and other sources, and tell them that their facts are wrong:

https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/psoriatic-arthritis/news/20100811/pro-golfer-phil-mickelson-treated-for-psoriatic-arthritis#1

Be careful...if you say something that contradicts their narrative, they will come after you. Just nod your head yes and be a good little hoi polloi. No need to think for yourself...they will do it for you.

Too late for that, Sean. I learned to think for myself in another era that allowed one to do just that.

To topic, is there a fabric that has a high SPF, but is also light enough to be worn comfortably in hot weather? Phil's shirt would not be comfortable for me while playing golf.

Many of the newer dry fit shirts sport spf ratings of 50.

Not crazy about this style, but I do use solar sleeves to help reduce sun exposure. Noticed a lot of caddies at Pinehurst using the sleeves and wide brim hats.

A number of players on the LPGA Tour use an umbrella on hot, sunny days.

could ya imagine the uproar on this site if tour players stood on the first tee sporting solar sleeves.......

[color=#4B0082]T[/color][color=#800080]our[/color][color=#4B0082] E[/color][color=#800080]xotics [/color][color=#FF0000]E [/color][color=#000000]10 [/color][color=#800080]15*[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff0000"]Sri[/color][/font][color=#000000]xon 785's w/G P stnd. cord [/color]
[color=#0000CD]Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60[/color]
Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
[color=#006400]Oregon Ducks Bag[/color]
Eureka Ca.