Before/After pics of Christie Kerr

rosskoss

I was watching the Christie Kerr "My World" episode the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes when they showed some of her early career photos. It was almost impossible to believe that the same beautiful lady who plays now on the PGA tour was once that obese and totally out of shape.

I tried looking for photos and finding more about her past but all the information on the internet seems to be about the "new" Kerr. Where can I read up on Christie and find some photos of her early years?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Gollf Magazine did an article on her weight loss, and her struggles emotionally growing up heavy.

I believe the article was probably published in the last two years so you may want to try to search their archives.

I know it's not the greatest help but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

This was an excerpt from the wikipedia article on Kerr

"Kerr is 5'3"/1.60 m and now weighs 125 pounds (8 stone 13 pounds; 57 kg), but in 1999 she weighed 175 pounds (79 kg), a weight that caused her to have back spasms. Her parents, who are divorced, are both diabetics, and her mother had a heart attack when Kerr was in ninth grade. After her weight had peaked, Kerr began exercising regularly and went on a diet. By 2002, she had lost 50 pounds."

Here's a better timeline

2007 = 2003. (by her own admission).

And did anyone watch the Cristie Kerr "My World" on TGC? My god that woman is boring. I just hope it was very poor editing on TGC's part. Although, I have heard second hand rumors that Ms. Kerr is a bit of a witch on tour. Not the most favoritist of the other players or those paired with her for the pre-tourney pro-ams. Apparently she lacks social skills.

Although, I have heard second hand rumors that Ms. Kerr is a bit of a witch on tour. Not the most favoritist of the other players or those paired with her for the pre-tourney pro-ams. Apparently she lacks social skills.

Not a second hand rumor...a COMPLETE TRUTH. I have a few friends on tour that absolutely CAN'T STAND HER!!! Not only is she a "witch", but a cheater that has been called out multiple times on tour by fellow players :shout: Heck, she was even caught on camera earlier this season but the awareness came after the tournament!!!

Although, I have heard second hand rumors that Ms. Kerr is a bit of a witch on tour. Not the most favoritist of the other players or those paired with her for the pre-tourney pro-ams. Apparently she lacks social skills.

Not a second hand rumor...a COMPLETE TRUTH. I have a few friends on tour that absolutely CAN'T STAND HER!!! Not only is she a "witch", but a cheater that has been called out multiple times on tour by fellow players :shout: Heck, she was even caught on camera earlier this season but the awareness came after the tournament!!!

What specific examples are you quoting?

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

she once rolled her ball off a divot during play...her playing partner saw her playing from a clean lie and called her out...Kerr denied it, but the playing partner's story was that she knew the ball was in a divot because she originally thought it was her ball and was pissed that it was in a divot!!!

During the Fields Open earlier this season, she grounded her putter, the ball then rolled quite a ways away from the original spot, and she proceeded to play it--WITHOUT PENALTY--from the spot it rolled to!!! She scored it as such (and I was told that it's believed on tour that she actually SIGNED the incorrect card without being DQd) , but a rules official confronted her after the round and gave her 2 one stroke penalties...she fussed and fussed and left the scorers tent in tears insisting that she was correct!!! It was BLATANT from the TV reviews that she committed the infraction, but didn't think anyone saw her so she went on about her business and decided to forgo the penalties! Thankfully, viewers called in the infraction to the Golf Channel so she didn't get away with it.

I've heard of other instances, but don't have 100% information that the others are true.

she once rolled her ball off a divot during play...her playing partner saw her playing from a clean lie and called her out...Kerr denied it, but the playing partner's story was that she knew the ball was in a divot because she originally thought it was her ball and was pissed that it was in a divot!!!

During the Fields Open earlier this season, she grounded her putter, the ball then rolled quite a ways away from the original spot, and she proceeded to play it--WITHOUT PENALTY--from the spot it rolled to!!! She scored it as such (and I was told that it's believed on tour that she actually SIGNED the incorrect card without being DQd) , but a rules official confronted her after the round and gave her 2 one stroke penalties...she fussed and fussed and left the scorers tent in tears insisting that she was correct!!! It was BLATANT from the TV reviews that she committed the infraction, but didn't think anyone saw her so she went on about her business and decided to forgo the penalties! Thankfully, viewers called in the infraction to the Golf Channel so she didn't get away with it.

I've heard of other instances, but don't have 100% information that the others are true.

I've heard the ball-in-divot story before. My understanding was that it was a 'yes she did / no I didn't' type debate between Ker and her partner for the day... and never the twain shall meet. There was no independent corroboration so the issue was left as it was and no blame was apportioned.

I've heard the Fields Open story but not in any great depth or detail. Based on the circumstances as stated, it does sound contentious, but, realistically, how often do pros dispute rulings and write down a given score, adamant that it's correct only to end up vehemently aguing the point in the scorer's tent afterwards when - and if - they are challenged by officials? I'm sure there is one argument that she was simply standing by her guns and citing that she felt she should not have been penalised, whilst another exists that asserts she tried to deliberately cheat and got caught out. Personally, I would think the latter is unlikely in the pro arena.

Also, what's 'blatant' on TV coverage may not - perhaps strangely - be as obvious at ground level and without the benefit of camera angles and replays.

I'm not necessarily just blindly defending Kerr. I know a lot of people dislike her for various reasons (her reportedly acerbic personality being the main reason) but as far as I know she's never had a finding of guilt against her name.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

I read in a golf magazine from a name witheld source that Cristie is not too friendly. In one instance, she walked into the clubhouse and one LPGA player said to another to the effect of "there goes Cristie and all of her friends." She was alone.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

I know I started this particular sub-thread, but I feel the need to address a couple of the comments.

I saw this as it was being broadcast. I rewound the TiVo over and over again and although she clearly grounded her club, it was questionable whether she took her stance. At the time, I remember thinking it was 51%/49% with "did not take her stance" winning because she should get the benefit of the doubt.

Having said that, I also remember how angry Dottie Pepper's voice was when she telling the story the next day and got to the part where Kerr claimed that she felt "bullied" by the official and that's why she changed her scorecard to include the penalty. Pepper was clearly furious when she said "[Rules official's name] has been out here for 20 years and he doesn't have a bullying bone in his body." Although it was never discussed, I got the impression that the rules official was trying to save Kerr from a DQ rather than threatening her. i.e., please adjust your card to include the penalty otherwise we are going to have to DQ you and we don't want to do that.

she is a b****

That's a pretty harsh statement without citing any reasons why you feel that way. What is the basis for your opinion?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just ran across your other post:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113797

If a playing partner of Kerr's caught her cheating and signed her

card, or didn't report it to the player who had her card, then they

are condoning it. Remember Greg Norman refusing to sign Mark

McCumbers card? Thats the way you handle those issues.

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

If a playing partner of Kerr's caught her cheating and signed her

card, or didn't report it to the player who had her card, then they

are condoning it. Remember Greg Norman refusing to sign Mark

McCumbers card? Thats the way you handle those issues.

PJ-

I don't remember that. What happened?

EDIT: It took me a few minutes, but eventually Google was my friend:

Mark McCumber: The former PGA tour pro was accused by Greg Norman at the 1995 World Series of moving a blade of grass away from his ball on the green. He insists that he was trying to swat an insect.

Found it in this list, which I found very interesting:

GOLF'S MOST NOTORIOUS CHEATING CONTROVERSIES

David Robertson: In 1985 in qualifying for the Open at Deal, the Dunbar star was fined £20,000 for repeatedly replacing his ball in the incorrect position on the green, moving it up to 20ft closer to the pin. He was also banned from the PGA European Tour for 20 years.

Mark McCumber: The former PGA tour pro was accused by Greg Norman at the 1995 World Series of moving a blade of grass away from his ball on the green. He insists that he was trying to swat an insect.

Miguel Angel Martin: Maarten Lafeber and Carl Pettersson complained that he had repeatedly improved his lie on the fairway at the 2002 Portuguese Open. Martin later found the word "cheat" daubed on his locker, which contained a magazine article entitled "How to play out of the rough". At the event two years later, Lafeber accused the Spaniard of walking in his line three times: Martin refused to sign Lafeber's scorecard. Martin was disqualified last week at the Forest of Arden for improving his swing and signing for a lower score than he took.

Vijay Singh: In 1985 the Fijian was found guilty of tampering with his scorecard at the Indonesian Open. He received a two-year ban and retreated to a club in Borneo to make ends meet.

Arnold Palmer: In 1958 Ken Venturi claimed Palmer broke the rules to win his first Masters by playing a second ball after his first became embedded. A rules official's decision was overruled, and Palmer got to count his second ball.

Mark O'Meara: At the Lancome Trophy in 1997 Jarmo Sandelin accused O'Meara of moving his ball closer to the hole after picking up his mark. Officials chose not to pursue the issue.

Gary Player: He was five shots clear in the 1974 Open at Lytham when he hit a shot into deep rough left of the 17th green. Suspicions were raised when he played out from a position nowhere near where his ball had entered the rough. Player later blamed his caddy, but he was also accused of cheating by Tom Watson in an American skins game when he removed a large weed from behind his ball.

I grew up in South Florida and played golf with Christie all through Jr Golf and HS. When she won her first event on the LPGA I saw it in the paper and couldn't believe it was her. I actually had to go and google her to see if it was right. You would need to be really committed to change you appearance that much...congrats to her.

My only story about her in was in a HS tourney she called a 2 stroke penalty on a guy on my team for building a stance in green side bunker...he got mad and when he got back in to play the shot she called him for allegedly grounding his club. Needless to say he went ballistic.

After playing with her quiet a few times in high school you realized she was trying to get a leg up on the guys.