2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

Man FedEx sucks. We had a little storm this afternoon so the driver apparently quit for the day and my clubs still aren’t here. FedEx is always the slowest delivery company anyway. I worked at the hub in Memphis in college and cringe when I see they are shipping my clubs because I remember how packages are handled.

If anyone from Ping reads this, find a new shipping company. FedEx is a terrible joke and I am amazed that people continue to do business with them.

Now I just need to find out who I can yell at locally for their pathetic service.

Have you even met UPS? USPS?

DHL takes the cake for worst delivery service. Not even close...

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man FedEx sucks. We had a little storm this afternoon so the driver apparently quit for the day and my clubs still aren’t here. FedEx is always the slowest delivery company anyway. I worked at the hub in Memphis in college and cringe when I see they are shipping my clubs because I remember how packages are handled.

If anyone from Ping reads this, find a new shipping company. FedEx is a terrible joke and I am amazed that people continue to do business with them.

Now I just need to find out who I can yell at locally for their pathetic service.

Have you even met UPS? USPS?

DHL takes the cake for worst delivery service. Not even close...

USPS is at least fast. Working at FedEx in college I saw a PC monitor make it too far down the belt. A worker picked it up and heaved it about 15 feet back down the line. It landed on a metal grate with a crunch. This was 15 years ago, so it was not LED, we are talking glass screen.

**Update** My clubs arrived. The poor FedEx lady lugged them up my driveway at 10:45PM... Before anyone asks I did not call and complain to make this happen. I saw the headlights and went out to meet her so there was no doorbell waking the kids up. She said she was trying to just sneak the packages on to porches but people kept meeting her at the door. That is what happens when I see headlights in front of my house at almost 11pm.

By then I was over it and would have been fine with getting them tomorrow. She said she had one more stop to make and I mostly just felt bad for this lady out making deliveries that time of night. Also, what if I had been asleep? Were they going to leave a new set of clubs on my porch overnight? That doesn’t seem safe.

Predictably the box was creased but the clubs seemed fine. I will get a better look at them tomorrow but the crease was at the midpoint and shafts are made to flex. It was by no means a severe bend so I expect all is well.

PS - I don’t even count DHL as a real service anymore.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Hmmmm, I guess you never used UPS, the 'New Pony Express", seven days and still no clubs!

Hmmmm, I guess you never used UPS, the 'New Pony Express", seven days and still no clubs!

yeah, full 5 business days from Phoenix to Lake City, FL so if you are in VA, probably the same...

I am personally not a fan of UPS, due to a past dealing with their business model that cost me a HUGE amount of money, and half the hair on my head.

FedEx is by far the better way to go, but when you are talking "cheapest shipping method chosen" they all suck when you do that.

ESPECIALLY that smartpost crap that they do now... 5 days to get it across the country, only to give it to the post office, for them to take two more days to deliver it. I hate seeing that crap when I buy something on Amazon...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Excuse me but, threads can only go off topic if we are bashing Tyson Lamb.

#sorrynotsorry

#NotaMod

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

#sorrynotsorry

#NotaMod

but what if we blame Tyson Lamb (no idea who he is, but guessing he is the guy that makes the ball markers) for all the worlds shipping problems

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

#sorrynotsorry

#NotaMod

but what if we blame Tyson Lamb (no idea who he is, but guessing he is the guy that makes the ball markers) for all the worlds shipping problems

In that case, carry on.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

You guys are lucky I'm still waiting on my shipping date!

i210's, 4-P, D4, PX LZ 5.5's, plus 1.5 wraps. I tried the 6.0's this year and found them a hair to stiff for this smooth swinging 49yr old. I'm hoping the 5.5's feel a little softer....

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

You guys are lucky I'm still waiting on my shipping date!

i210's, 4-P, D4, PX LZ 5.5's, plus 1.5 wraps. I tried the 6.0's this year and found them a hair to stiff for this smooth swinging 49yr old. I'm hoping the 5.5's feel a little softer....

Same. Hoping to get an email today.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I hit the i210 and i500 today. I got almost identical numbers with the i210 that I had with the i200. Around 22* launch and 7,500-7,700 spin. The i500 launched around 19.5*’s and was spinning around 6,600-6,700 rpms which gave me around 10 yards farther distance.

7i loft differential of 2.5* however....those numbers make sense

How many of you who pre-ordered customized i210s have received your order? When did you place your order? Thanks.

order was placed on 7/20 and received 8/8

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

So i originally purchased the Ping i500's from 4-PW with the Modus 3 105s Stiff and got them in about a week ago. I tested them extensively almost every day both on range and mats. Just could not get over how different the demo's were at roger dunn when it came to hot spots on the clubs. Didnt know if my 7 iron was going to go 160 or 190.

Decided to return them and got the i210's in the stock DG 120's. They feel a little boardy so I ordered a set with the Project X LZ 6.0's after testing them and they feel amazing. Hoping they arrive in the next couple of weeks. I'd rather know my true numbers hitting into a green then worrying about a flyer with the i500's. The i210's fit the bill. Not to mention they feel super soft, especially for being a cast club.

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

First playing round with i210 1 degree flat lower loft package, Project X 5.5. They are 1/2 club or more shorter for me than my 8-9 year old Adams CB2 irons and not even as forgiving for some reason. Like to hit them and easier to hit than my Adams but h a t e losing yardage to 9 year old tech. Then again if I can hit my new 6 iron as close to the flag-from the same distance away-as my Adams hard 8 iron I guess it’s just ego and as a practical matter nothing.

Received my I210s with Recoil 110. I have had elbow pain for awhile and switched to graphite shafts. Current set is Srixon 765 with 110 steelfiber.

Have played Ping on and off for the last 20 years. 1 index with a 7 iron carry in the 170 range.

Tried them out of the box on the course for a few holes. I asked for grips to be +1 wrap and unfortunately guy who did them at PING must have been rushed, can feel the seam of the tape on about 1/2 of the grips. Just bad QC.

Primarily hoping for a higher and softer balll flight vs 765. Not sure why but the 765 plus the Steelfiber is causing me launch and distance problems. Vokey gap goes 115-120 but then all of the sudden I have a Srixon 8 iron flying with a lowish draw that is going 160 in the air and rolling out another 10. Gaps are too big with scoring irons and at top end of bag (4 iron) I am not getting much more carry than 5 iron.

I210s today defiantly didn’t feel “soft”, they did appear to go a little higher and land softer. Sole might be more forgiving. I like the looks for what the club is. Will see the performance I get over the next two weeks or so.

Whats the turn around time on the i210? Just traded in my irons and ordered 4-p with px lz 6.5 and paid for overnight shipping hoping to have them for my vacation next week.

I ordered mine from roger dunn here in Orange County California two days ago and was quoted two weeks

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Tried them out of the box on the course for a few holes. I asked for grips to be +1 wrap and unfortunately guy who did them at PING must have been rushed, can feel the seam of the tape on about 1/2 of the grips. Just bad QC.

Better check that. I can guarantee its not a seam. Ping wraps their tape so there are no seams.

My combo set recently arrived. i500 3 iron and i210 4 iron through 9 iron. Project X LZ shafts. They are incredible.

Curious as to your decision to go with the i500 3 iron as opposed to the i120 3 iron? Have been going back and forth between either a full set of i210's or thinking of doing a little combo set myself but actually going with the i210 long irons(just for some more relief in the longer clubs) and some iblades in the short irons. Originally was going with a whole set of iblades and maybe a i210 3 iron and build it more driving iron like with a graphite shaft of some sort to replace the UDI. Right now just throwing darts at a board trying to decide which way to go which is why I was curious of your thoughts. I liked the i500's but I hit them to high and distances tended to be a little inconsistent.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Better check that. I can guarantee its not a seam. Ping wraps their tape so there are no seams.

Reminder line?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

How many of you who pre-ordered customized i210s have received your order? When did you place your order? Thanks.

order was placed on 7/20 and received 8/8

I placed my order on July 20th as well and I received them on August 1st. Got the regular DG S300 with 5,6,7 standard and 8,9,W one degree flat with Golf Pride MCC +4 grips.

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z