2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

I agree when I loose strange distance it's time to tweak the irons. Almost always I find lie and gapping adjustments needed. Also, it's pretty accepted that the i210's have a high launch with mid spin characteristic. That's why I went PX and power specs. First thing I will do is take them out for a spin then promptly visit my tech to check the specs. Works for me!

"PX" is Project X shaft? I have those shafts and the power specs as well. The power loft specs actually equal the measured lofts on my 12 year old irons so that's what was disappointing--to see significantly less distance when I can ill afford to lose much more!

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree when I loose strange distance it's time to tweak the irons. Almost always I find lie and gapping adjustments needed. Also, it's pretty accepted that the i210's have a high launch with mid spin characteristic. That's why I went PX and power specs. First thing I will do is take them out for a spin then promptly visit my tech to check the specs. Works for me!

What is "PX"? Thanks.

True Temper Project X shafts.

Pings lies are propriatry do you happen to know the lie numbers of your last set? That can serve as a benchmark. I always adjust on the same Mitchell machine. Not because it's special but it's the machine all my irons have been adjusted on for years. Could be off either way do not care it's my benchmark. Having said that each iron set is unique so I never assume it's always perfectly identical. Pretty sad but I carry a little piece of paper in my wallet with optimal lies and lofts over the years. What do they say knowledge is power!

Thanks much for your post, glad to have this community of people who care about the game (and take time to care about others, too.). I will test the lie angles of my new clubs against my current set which was measured and bent on the same equipment. So there's that consistency.

One thing about lie angles/solid strikes/loft. I'm pretty sure the lofts are not as low on some or all of the clubs as I'd like to have them but if I adjust my lie angles first, and don't find appreciable distance gains, then de-loft accordingly, will that in turn affect the lie angle in a never ending circle of action reaction?

Pings lies are propriatry do you happen to know the lie numbers of your last set? That can serve as a benchmark. I always adjust on the same Mitchell machine. Not because it's special but it's the machine all my irons have been adjusted on for years. Could be off either way do not care it's my benchmark. Having said that each iron set is unique so I never assume it's always perfectly identical. Pretty sad but I carry a little piece of paper in my wallet with optimal lies and lofts over the years. What do they say knowledge is power!

Thanks much for your post, glad to have this community of people who care about the game (and take time to care about others, too.). I will test the lie angles of my new clubs against my current set which was measured and bent on the same equipment. So there's that consistency.

One thing about lie angles/solid strikes/loft. I'm pretty sure the lofts are not as low on some or all of the clubs as I'd like to have them but if I adjust my lie angles first, and don't find appreciable distance gains, then de-loft accordingly, will that in turn affect the lie angle in a never ending circle of action reaction?

Lie angles should have almost zero impact on performance... right?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Hey guys I got my i210s and pardon my ignorance but it appears that there is milling on faces of all the irons...will those milling marks have to be treated like wedges to the point where they will have to be replaced once worn? And I dont mean the main grooves on the face but the milling marks themselves

It appears that ping that says the milling marks and hydro pearl finish both help repel water and reduce fliers. So not sure if it’s a temporary protection like the hydro pearl?

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Although I saw lots of positive reviews on yt, didn't hear a lot of comments about the forged wedges in here.

I understand the high price, but this is nothing compared to pxg wedges and people buys those..

Did anybody get the glide forged. How do you like it?

probably shoulda been a separate thread for the forged, does kinda get lost in the i210 talk

Lie angles should have almost zero impact on performance... right?

Incorrect lie angles will effect the quality of strike and cause changes in spin.

Played my first round with my i210's and couldn't be happier. These irons are crazy easy to play. Excellent. The power spec is perfect but it will take a little adjustment.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Played my first round with my i210's and couldn't be happier. Theee irons are crazy easy to play. Excellent. The power spec is perfect but it will take a little adjustment.

Couldn’t agree more. Perfect is the word that pops to mind for me.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I must say if I had one complaint it’s purely cosmetic. I’ve seen it mentioned a number of times regarding the i200’s and I tend to agree this finish isn’t the most durable. It appears to gar up quite easily. I do not expect these to age very well, oh well I guess I shouldn’t be so picky they perform excellent.

Anybody playing these often? Putting lots of rounds in? Still liking them?

After my first 3 rounds I was ready to call Second Swing and offer to be a part of their new ad campaign depicting golfers throwing sets of clubs into the water. But thanks to this community of advice I stuck with it and now have logged 8 rounds, having changed the lie angle on all the irons (5-U) as well as now having changed the loft on 5 of the clubs for better gapping with my current sand wedges and hybrids. The clubs are very easy to hit, but I had to get used to the very light swingweight compared to what I was playing for the past 10 years. Getting used to that and now hit these better than my older set. Distances for me are, even with delofting from the power spec numbers, not quite the same carry as my other irons. So if distance is what you're seeking I doubt these will be the clubs for you. But I would highly recommend them.

I think it was key that I went D4 with Power Specs. Both mods make these irons a beast! Now they are at least 1/2 club longer so that’s gonna take a little getting use too. BB

I must say if I had one complaint its purely cosmetic. Ive seen it mentioned a number of times regarding the i200s and I tend to agree this finish isnt the most durable. It appears to gar up quite easily. I do not expect these to age very well, oh well I guess I shouldnt be so picky they perform excellent.

There is another thread out there somewhere about the hydro pearl finish as being a coating outside of the stainless steel of the clubs. If you use a little bar keepers friend and a scotch brite pad it should reveal the stainless underneath the hydroppearl smoky finish

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I will call Ping and ask if theres a way to remove this coating. I would not advise home remedies...

Let us know your findings

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I can clearly see this coating. Looks like nicks but it’s pretty obvious there’s something covering the stainless.

If it's the same coating as what Ping used on the G700 I posted some pics of my 5 iron before and after using a Scotchbrite pad on it. Much improved once the coating is removed.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1612568-got-my-g700-irons/page__st__300

It would be nice to use a chemical so the finish doesn’t buff out. I’m thinking acetone, being very careful not to touch the cavity. Don’t want to damage the insert. BB

I think it was key that I went D4 with Power Specs. Both mods make these irons a beast! Now they are at least 1/2 club longer so that's gonna take a little getting use too. BB

Same specs for me. Power spec and D4.

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

For me, the power spec decision came down to trajectory. I am a high ball, high spin player. Needed to drop the lofts to get the ball down.

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

3 rounds on my i210s and I must say that I love them. I opted for the power spec option also to bring down trajectory and itt has done that. I can honestly say these feel as good as most irons when hit out of the middle. Maybe it’s my swing in check right now but these are some of the easiest irons to hit straight and just plain hit period! As bad a club hoe I am, these will be in the bag for awhile.

For me, the power spec decision came down to trajectory. I am a high ball, high spin player. Needed to drop the lofts to get the ball down.

100% the same reason here, they have a higher ball flight and this brought it downs a little. These irons are long for me!

100% the same reason here, they have a higher ball flight and this brought it downs a little. These irons are long for me!

Similar distances to my z545s, but these things just get up and go straight. I played Saturday and had one of my best iron rounds ever. Point and shoot. Struggled at times with thin shots on the Srixons. No such issues with these.

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

So question. I am considering the i210's to replace my i200's. I know..I know...but my goal is to get back to the DGS300 that I grew up on. Had a chance to hit the i210's with DGS300 120 head to head with my i200's with AWT 2.0 at Golf Galaxy. I was much more consistent with the 210's. About a half club longer with better grouping...and the feel was better.

I'm seriously considering the retro specs because I love my i200 U and would like a bit more loft (52) on it to use around the green. Then I would keep my 56 or 58 in the bag for my last wedge. I also want to carry a 3 iron and killing a wedge would allow me to do that.

It seems like that was Pings point to the retro in the first place...to go from 4 wedges to 3. Anyone have any feedback on the retro and how much distance they gave up. I hit my current set plenty long and can afford a 1/2 club loss.

Ping G400 LST 10* Rogue Max 65G S
Ping G400 3 W 15*  Rogue Max 80G S

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-P $Taper 120 S
Odyssey Rossie II 35"