2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

Any news on the shaft options for the 210s?

Kenny posted the info earlier in the thread.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how Ping’s next soirée into the forged head market goes.

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

I have the slightest hint of chrome peel on the leading edge of my i200 6-iron...is that an excuse for a new set*? And aren't you supposed to change your wedges every six months or so? HMMMM.

*years ago when I worried what my wife said about golf club purchases, I used to show her the rust on a Cleveland RTG and tell her that my clubs were rusting so I needed to replace them.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

You guys worried about forged wedges not being Ping's bread and butter... think of it another way. There are plenty of putters in the 100-200 range. There are some that sell for double that, and those are the heavily machined, unique offerings.

I don't think it's anything different. These wedges are a foray...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I have the slightest hint of chrome peel on the leading edge of my i200 6-iron...is that an excuse for a new set*? And aren't you supposed to change your wedges every six months or so? HMMMM.

*years ago when I worried what my wife said about golf club purchases, I used to show her the rust on a Cleveland RTG and tell her that my clubs were rusting so I needed to replace them.

Nope, I believe the i200 was not chromed. I could be wrong, but thought theywere polished stainless.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

Nope, I believe the i200 was not chromed. I could be wrong, but thought theywere polished stainless.

Hydropearl chrome.

Whatever works.

Was told that the i210 have less bounce. Fits in between the iBlade and i200.

it does not fit between the I200...it is the direct replacement for the I200. It should fit between the Iblade and I500 once the I500 is released.

I am talking about the bounce. The bounce fits between the current i200 and iBlade

You guys worried about forged wedges not being Ping's bread and butter... think of it another way. There are plenty of putters in the 100-200 range. There are some that sell for double that, and those are the heavily machined, unique offerings.

I don't think it's anything different. These wedges are a foray...

These new Ping wedges do have a serious amount of machining on them.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Was told that the i210 have less bounce. Fits in between the iBlade and i200.

it does not fit between the I200...it is the direct replacement for the I200. It should fit between the Iblade and I500 once the I500 is released.

I am talking about the bounce. The bounce fits between the current i200 and iBlade

There is only 1* difference in the bounce between the iBlade and i200. So you're saying that the i210 will fall that half degree in between??

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

Easily the cleanest design from Ping ever. Knocked it out of the park IMO.

Can't wait to hit them.

9.5* Callaway Rogue ST Max / MR Tensei Blue 55

15* TaylorMade SIM Ti / MR Diamana Limited FW 75

17.5* TaylorMade GAPR Hi / KBS Hybrid

21* Callaway Mavrik Max TC / MR Kuro Kage Black TiNi

5-GW Cobra Forged Tec X / KBS Tour Lite

52, 58* Ping Glide 4.0 / ZZ 115

Odyssey White Hot Sabertooth

For me, or any prospective Ping buyer for that matter, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with these i210s....they're beautiful IMO, especially the toe profile and the cavity. These seem to be the objects of derision for most but, to me, it's a Ping...it's not something else, it's a Ping. If this club had no badging, you'd know that it was a players club from Ping, and a refined and beautiful one. I too am looking forward to the i500, but I could easily bag these irons, and wedges without blinking. Beautiful stuff! I hope the finish is durable. That's another thing that people expect from Ping and a big disappointment if they get it wrong again. There'd be no excuse this time cuz they know.

both look great !! only slight problem is forged wedges soon mark up and show wear far quicker than cast, no problem for pros who get theirs for free though !!

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

Nice looking clubs but something I don't understand...

Ping doesn't offer a Forged iron correct? Even their iBlade is cast but maybe I'm wrong. Even though so many blade and iron purists love the feel of premium forging.

However, they release Forged wedges that many manufacturers don't even bother with because it doesn't make much difference.

Just seems odd to me...

cmatthews77, Please let me just encourage you not be so fascinated by the word "forged" being thrown around in any golf club manufacturer's description of the irons they make. It's semantics. Forged irons here in '18 for the most part have have little no basis in what I highlighted in bold up above, being a one piece, mild carbon steel blade iron. E.G. your Callaway CF16 has the description of being Forged, but there couldn't be a more multi-piece construction iron on the market today.

PING casts all their current "players" irons. PING uses metals of 17-4, 431, and 8620 in their production (all very hard to hard metals). PING also makes only cavity back irons in their "players" segment, most of which have Tungsten embedded in the toe, and elastomer behind the face. I would imagine these new PING Forged wedges being made of 8620 metal, just like what's now being used in their PING Glide 2.0 Stealth brethren BTW, and both will wear no faster than a Titleist Vokey wedge which uses the same metal.

So many blade iron purists love the feel of a premium forging based off the head style and the use of the softest mild carbon steel available. Shown below would be an actual example here in '18 of a mild carbon steel forged blade iron....

322612-1-600x400.jpg

Nice looking clubs but something I don't understand...

Ping doesn't offer a Forged iron correct? Even their iBlade is cast but maybe I'm wrong. Even though so many blade and iron purists love the feel of premium forging.

However, they release Forged wedges that many manufacturers don't even bother with because it doesn't make much difference.

Just seems odd to me...

cmatthews77, Please let me just encourage you not be so fascinated by the word "forged" being thrown around in any golf club manufacturer's description of the irons they make. It's semantics. Forged irons here in '18 for the most part have have little no basis in what I highlighted in bold up above, being a one piece, mild carbon steel blade iron. E.G. your Callaway CF16 has the description of being Forged, but there couldn't be a more multi-piece construction iron on the market today.

PING casts all their current "players" irons. PING uses metals of 17-4, 431, and 8620 in their production (all very hard to hard metals). PING also makes only cavity back irons in their "players" segment, most of which have Tungsten embedded in the toe, and elastomer behind the face. I would imagine these new PING Forged wedges being made of 8620 metal, just like what's now being used in their PING Glide 2.0 Stealth brethren BTW, and both will wear no faster than a Titleist Vokey wedge which uses the same metal.

So many blade iron purists love the feel of a premium forging based off the head style and the use of the softest mild carbon steel available. Shown below would be an actual example here in '18 of a mild carbon steel forged blade iron....

322612-1-600x400.jpg

You made me jump outta my seat with that picture... thought it was the 500 for a second. sigh

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Nice looking clubs but don't see a reason to trade up froom the i200's I currently use. I prefer the more S55 T bar the i200's have but these look more mb with perimeter weighting, compared to the i200s looking a lot more eye2 classic weighting, maybe its just my imagination though. Look forward to seeing the performance difference in these and also see if more of these land in tour bags than the 200s.

We had a Ping demo day today and the fitter said the release of i210 but also i500 as well.

He said i500 will be hollow body distance players irons. I said "like TMB?" he said yes but longer. He said they test all equipment vs other OEM offerings.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

We had a Ping demo day today and the fitter said the release of i210 but also i500 as well.

He said i500 will be hollow body distance players irons. I said "like TMB?" he said yes but longer. He said they test all equipment vs other OEM offerings.

What do you mean? “We had a Ping demo day today and the fitter said the release of i210 but also i500 as well”. HUH

A buddy has hit the i500 and he agrees they are longer than the TMB, but not as long as the 2 year old C16.. which remain a very expensive concept iron that worked.

Could you please rephrase that first sentence? I'm sure we'd all like to know what you MEANT to say.

Ping made 4 sets of true forged irons that started with a round carbon steel rod. 1960 Ballnamic, 1961 69, 1963 68, 1967 Anser. Golfcraft supplied the heads and Karsten machined cavities in the muscle back. Next up was the cast K1 and from there their odd naming system started. Two models of Anser “forged” in 2010, 2013 along with wedges, those had forged on them like the i500s will have on them. But none since 1967 have been true forgings in that they don’t start as a carbon steel rod and through successive dies become forged irons (today they machine the grooves in the face even on the traditional forgings. It remains to be seen what the Glide forged wedges will be. Probably forged 8620, not 1025. Nothing wrong with 8620 as many wedges use that today in cast wedges, but it will be interesting to see how much is forged. Ping seems to like to use the forged term to increase the price.

Ping seems to like to use the forged term to increase the price.

I believe that all of the OEM's use this marketing tatic.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Could you please rephrase that first sentence? I'm sure we'd all like to know what you MEANT to say.

Haha yes he said Ping will be releasing 2 sets this summer. As of today the i200 is out and i210 is the replacement, as well as another that will be coming out called the i500 which will be a "distance players iron" and will a hollow body structure. That's when I said "like the TMB?" and he said yes but will be longer (distance wise).

I thought he said end of July but honestly I stopped paying attention to the date of release and wanted to see what he'd say about them, the i500.

So it sounds like they have their own p790/PXG/TMB players distance iron.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

So their making forged wedges, which is great but when are the going to make forged irons?

They are. Search forged ping irons. They look very clean. A forged muscle/channel back iBlade look

The pics of "forged" irons that are out are of the i500. From the back its looks like a MB but is the size of the i210 and in-between the g400 and i210 in terms of forgiveness. The only part of the club that is forged is the face. Club is very similar to the g700 just in a "I" package.

Ping G410 LST 9* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 75 6.5

Callaway Mini 1.5 10* PX HC T1100 Hzrdus 85 6.5
Ping G410 LST 14.5* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 85 6.5

Ping G425 16.5* PX HC Hzrdus Black 95 6.5
Ping G410 17* PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping G425 XR 2i PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping I210 4-Pw Fujikura MCI 120 X
Ping Glide 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 WS Fujikura MCI Wedge Mild

Ping Eye 2 XG LW Recoil Proto Spin
Ping Redwood Anser TR 1.5