2018 United States Open

Darth Putter

Well the idiots are back out today. It's going to be difficult to watch this today while having to listen to all the incessant yelling on every tee ball.

It was awful yesterday. I had to spend an hour listening to a group of guys who definitely peaked in college loudly discuss his super detailed...lets say...adventures with a girl last weekend. It was probably one of the worst/cringe-worthy things i've heard in public in a while, especially with little kids around. Paired with yelling "Hey ___, can I have an orange" every time stepped on to the tee and then "YEAHHH ____, give 'em the business" after every tee shot". For what its worth, im currently a college student too.....i get it, but c'mon, golf is a game of dignity...try to treat it that way.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Iceman cometh ...

he had the look didnt he?! That man has the look of a guy whos house youd never break into and live to tell anyone about it.. As in hed dial 911 after you stopped twitching..lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Well the idiots are back out today. It's going to be difficult to watch this today while having to listen to all the incessant yelling on every tee ball.

It was awful yesterday. I had to spend an hour listening to a group of guys who definitely peaked in college loudly discuss his super detailed...lets say...adventures with a girl last weekend. It was probably one of the worst/cringe-worthy things i've heard in public in a while, especially with little kids around. Paired with yelling "Hey ___, can I have an orange" every time stepped on to the tee and then "YEAHHH ____, give 'em the business" after every tee shot". For what its worth, im currently a college student too.....i get it, but c'mon, golf is a game of dignity...try to treat it that way.

Also, show some consideration for those around you who may not be interested in listening to that crap. The perpetrators/defenders of this behavior are singularly self-centered.

Also, show some consideration for those around you who may not be interested in listening to that crap. The perpetrators/defenders of this behavior are singularly self-centered.

That is the modern world though Sean. Everyone is self centered today. If you think about others, you are in the minority. Sad.

pat reed has that eye of the tiger going.... bet he makes a run

Think you mean Imagine Dragons...

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

That is the modern world though Sean. Everyone is self centered today. If you think about others, you are in the minority. Sad.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I am hoping that will change. :-)

Pulling for Tony. Doesn't seem too long ago he was destroying everyone back in Utah.

Great guy, but worried he won't deal with the pressure.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Today there is no danger of any doubles or worse. Just birdies, pars and if you hit a bad shot maybe an outside chance at a bogey. It is what it is. A walk in the park. Very sad they felt the pressure to take the bite out of this course and than caved to that pressure. Today is more like The PGA Championship, what a dissapointment.

Speaking from someone of my generation; the trend is getting really drunk and going to things like Belmont, US Open...anything really. Thats cool...did it for belmont and it was fun. But knowing how to handling yourself when drinking is a life skill imo. Sure, it's funny when you are still in high school, but no one wants to put up with it past then. I cannot tell you the number of stumbling morons i saw yesterday....annnd the amount of people chanting on the train as if we were pulling up to a high profile football game or something. It was kinda funny seeing this pulling up to a golf tournament; the worlds calmest and most quiet sport.

You know, if you are going to yell inane BS, you might as well get paid for it. For example,

"Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes!"

lol.. thats how I met my first girl friend. After she tackled me and threw me in the back seat of her V W bug .... say my name ...say my name....

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Speaking from someone of my generation; the trend is getting really drunk and going to things like Belmont, US Open...anything really. Thats cool...did it for belmont and it was fun. But knowing how to handling yourself when drinking is a life skill imo. Sure, it's funny when you are still in high school, but no one wants to put up with it past then. I cannot tell you the number of stumbling morons i saw yesterday....annnd the amount of people chanting on the train as if we were pulling up to a high profile football game or something. It was kinda funny seeing this pulling up to a golf tournament; the worlds calmest and most quiet sport.

Maybe golf will become like World Cup soccer. :-)

Today there is no danger of any doubles or worse. Just birdies, pars and if you hit a bad shot maybe an outside chance at a bogey. It is what it is. A walk in the park. Very sad they felt the pressure to take the bite out of this course and than caved to that pressure. Today is more like The PGA Championship, what a dissapointment.

Stop thinking

Start enjoying

This should be a great finish.