2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited for my fitting tomorrow, currently with 910 D3 ad-di 6x. I'll post up the differences

looking forward to reading your findings!

I'm also a little jealous!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Did anyone else from the Toronto area get the email about the TS launch at the Titleist Fitting Centre on Saturday?

Yes. I got it. Sadly cannot RSVP.

Why not? Not meaning to pry - just curious.

I was able to respond within 5 mins - really hoping I get to go!!

Ping $430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
Titleist TSr2 4w | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8
Titleist TSr3 4h | Project X Even Flow White 100
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron MonoBlok 6

Curious of the stock shaft offerings from Titleist for these.

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Toulon First Run San Diego w/ KBS TourGPS

Did anyone else from the Toronto area get the email about the TS launch at the Titleist Fitting Centre on Saturday?

Sorry, I was able to RSVP, but cannot attend as I’m moving that day....priorities ?

Sorry, I was able to RSVP, but cannot attend as I'm moving that day....priorities

Ah fair enough. If i'm lucky enough to get in, i'll spare no details (unless Titleist wants me to lol).

From a few pages ago:

T1100

Hzrdus Smoke

Tensei Pro Blue (white, red, and orange available for upcharge)

Diamana white and red

some version of light weight Kuro Kage (50 or 55 gram)

Rogue family (white and black)

I currently have a HZRDUS Yellow HC in my 910, and I'd love to try it in the TS2, but I may be jonesing for a Tensei white...

From a few pages ago:

T1100

Hzrdus Smoke

Tensei Pro Blue (white, red, and orange available for upcharge)

Diamana white and red

some version of light weight Kuro Kage (50 or 55 gram)

Rogue family (white and black)

I currently have a HZRDUS Yellow HC in my 910, and I'd love to try it in the TS2, but I may be jonesing for a Tensei white...

The T1100 mentioned is the Even Flow White T1100

Titleist PGA Staff fitting day today for East Tennessee... picked up on average 4 mph faster ball speed (now 166-168 on Trackman) and 10-12 yards carry. The majority of players all gravitated towards the TS3 driver and the fairway was split 50/50 between the two models. The TS3, which I was fitted for, has a great traditional look and AMAZING sound. Yes, I capitalized AMAZING for a reason :) This driver on average also spun 500 rpms less than my 917 D2. I did loft up to 9.5º from my 917 D2 setting of 8.75º and it still didn't spin above 2200-2300. Never before have I ever been able to increase launch using the loft of the driver because increase dynamic spin spin rates until the TS driver... now with 500 rpm less spin I can tinker with additional loft in the attempt to increase launch without increasing spin!

Titleist should give you a free one for this review. You’ve got all the WRX equipment junkies whipped up into a lather, me included.....

I need to check my paypal and see what I have in the warchest! ; )

Sorry, I was able to RSVP, but cannot attend as I'm moving that day....priorities ��

Ah fair enough. If i'm lucky enough to get in, i'll spare no details (unless Titleist wants me to lol).

Yes. Please do tell!!

Titleist PGA Staff fitting day today for East Tennessee... picked up on average 4 mph faster ball speed (now 166-168 on Trackman) and 10-12 yards carry. The majority of players all gravitated towards the TS3 driver and the fairway was split 50/50 between the two models. The TS3, which I was fitted for, has a great traditional look and AMAZING sound. Yes, I capitalized AMAZING for a reason :) This driver on average also spun 500 rpms less than my 917 D2. I did loft up to 9.5º from my 917 D2 setting of 8.75º and it still didn't spin above 2200-2300. Never before have I ever been able to increase launch using the loft of the driver because increase dynamic spin spin rates until the TS driver... now with 500 rpm less spin I can tinker with additional loft in the attempt to increase launch without increasing spin!

Titleist should give you a free one for this review. You’ve got all the WRX equipment junkies whipped up into a lather, me included.....

I need to check my paypal and see what I have in the warchest! ; )

Alot if you use paypal credit :-O

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Ok just got done with fitting, ordered a TS3 9.5 immediately.

Hit my 910 D3 AD-DI 6x first for baseline. Was getting avg of 108.5 / 158, launch 11.8 spin 2850. 255 carry

Put a TS3 head on my shaft and was getting 109.7 / 163, launch 12 spin 2600. 261 carry

Hit 7 different shafts and ended up with Accra Tour Zx465 M5 111 / 165, launch 13 spin 2250. 273 carry

I had not been fit in 5 years and it showed. The head felt like my 910, but sounded amazingly fantastic. Very muted and no metal tink sound. I read a thread recently about having a fitter change your swing by what he gives you, and my swing certainly didn't change, but I definitely picked up the 3 mph club head speed just being comfortable with what was in my hand. My old driver I almost feel like I have to hang on to and manage it in play a bit. For those that are going to ask for comparison to TS2, I hit 5 balls with it on my old shaft and it's not for me. TS3 is still the lower spinning, more compact looking model, while the TS2 has a more elongated shape, that launched higher and spun more, for me.

Any other questions feel free to ask, can't wait for it to be in, miles better than my D3 and the M3 I played for a few months recently. Hell I feel like a TM add, I literally picked up 18 yds :)

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

Just got an RSVP! Really excited to try this stuff out!

I'll give a full report on the weekend.

Hit my 910 D3 AD-DI 6x first for baseline. Was getting avg of 108.5 / 158, launch 11.8 spin 2850. 255 carry

Put a TS3 head on my shaft and was getting 109.7 / 163, launch 12 spin 2600. 261 carry

Hit 7 different shafts and ended up with Accra Tour Zx465 M5 111 / 165, launch 13 spin 2250. 273 carry

I had not been fit in 5 years and it showed. The head felt like my 910, but sounded amazingly fantastic. Very muted and no metal tink sound. I read a thread recently about having a fitter change your swing by what he gives you, and my swing certainly didn't change, but I definitely picked up the 3 mph club head speed just being comfortable with what was in my hand. My old driver I almost feel like I have to hang on to and manage it in play a bit. For those that are going to ask for comparison to TS2, I hit 5 balls with it on my old shaft and it's not for me. TS3 is still the lower spinning, more compact looking model, while the TS2 has a more elongated shape, that launched higher and spun more, for me.

Any other questions feel free to ask, can't wait for it to be in, miles better than my D3 and the M3 I played for a few months recently. Hell I feel like a TM add, I literally picked up 18 yds :)

dAMNIT TO HELL. You just had to go and do it. Show a ridiculous improvement we were all Hoping for from Titleist for the past 7 years. I was really hoping it'd be like 5 yards so I could resist buying one this fall but now I gotta cave and got hit it.

On a side note, I had a ad-di and lost a lot of distance to excess spin.

If these results are typical among the masses, you are about the witness the biggest supply and cheapest prices for 910-917's ever.

Ugh I wish there was a fitting option near Seattle..........

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

What combo did you have in the M3?

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* | Fujikura Ventus Black 7x

Taylormade Sim Max 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei  Pro Blue 80tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

The TS2 was terrible for me, worse than my 910 in everything. The TS3 was better though, especially with the right shaft. Like I said, I haven't been fit in years, so I'm sure if I was coming from a more optimal set up (for me), the performance gain would be much less.

Turmoil, I had the same ad DI in the M3. I also hit the M3 with a Tensei Pro blue (which I have in my 3 wood) and it worked out much better. Issue was I really had to smooth it, and it was like a different swing from the rest of my bag at that point. M3 with the ad di went the exact same distance on course as my 910, so I sold it and used the funds for the TS

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

What was the club length with the new shafts you hit? TS apparently is standard at 45.5 inches whereas previous Titleist drivers were standard at 45 inches. Curious if that accounts for the extra 2 mph in clubhead speed from your old shaft in the new driver which would presumably also play at 45 inches to what you finished with or if your club length was standard through.

My current is at 45, I set down the first shaft I tried and said "is this longer"? Haha. I hit the next 2 right, and gripped down an inch for the rest, no problem. I ordered standard length, we'll either tip it or cut it the 1/2" once ive spent more time with it I figure.

I did the fitting blind as far as what shafts, flex etc until the end when we reviewed. The only kind of outlier was a yellow and black Fuji that felt like warmed garbage, was heavier than the rest, hit it pretty short, but dispersion of like 5 balls on a ping pong table sized area.

Tensei blue was really good, I'm familiar with the shaft so that's what I ordered, I'll look for the Accra on BST for less than the $300 upcharge for it :)

Tried an elements shaft, not sure which one, felt very good and similar to the Accra, just wider dispersion.

All shafts were 60-70gm x

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

for everyone quoting they picked up ballspeed and carry, can you also please state if you were fitted from 915 to 917 as well?

i'm always skeptical of the new model adding significant gains over the previous model.

See #752 for an example

I'm #752. Been fit for every release with Titleist for the past 12 years and also continued to fine tune after receiving. I hit the Smoke and the new Even Flow and liked the feel of the Smoke the best. It is noteworthy that to get my final numbers on TM that we did put my ATTAS 6Star in the TS3 9.5º. My baseline was my 917 with the ATTAS and this new setup with the TS3 ultimately had me carry one drive 16 yards further and 5 mph faster ball speed.

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 46”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

If you guys want to see more results, head over to Twitter https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=tsproject&src=typd.

It looks like a lot of the Titleist staffers have tested and posted their ball speed and distance gains. The pro and assistant pro at the club closest to me posted their results yesterday. The head pro posted a ball seed increase of +10 MPH and distance increase of +35 yards. His previous driver must have been an awful fit.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

If you guys want to see more results, head over to Twitter https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=tsproject&src=typd.

It looks like a lot of the Titleist staffers have tested and posted their ball speed and distance gains. The pro and assistant pro at the club closest to me posted their results yesterday. The head pro posted a ball seed increase of +10 MPH and distance increase of +35 yards. His previous driver must have been an awful fit.

TS3 seems to be pretty popular