Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

If you guys want to see more results, head over to Twitter https://twitter.com/...oject&src=typd.

It looks like a lot of the Titleist staffers have tested and posted their ball speed and distance gains. The pro and assistant pro at the club closest to me posted their results yesterday. The head pro posted a ball seed increase of +10 MPH and distance increase of +35 yards. His previous driver must have been an awful fit.

TS3 seems to be pretty popular

Definitely an overwhelming majority going with the TS3.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys want to see more results, head over to Twitter https://twitter.com/...oject&src=typd.

It looks like a lot of the Titleist staffers have tested and posted their ball speed and distance gains. The pro and assistant pro at the club closest to me posted their results yesterday. The head pro posted a ball seed increase of +10 MPH and distance increase of +35 yards. His previous driver must have been an awful fit.

It looks like a really good marketing plan. Good for them!

IF those numbers were accurate he must have had a persimmon.

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Question for those who have hit the drivers... just in terms of looks, did they give you a JDM feel? I don't know if it was the smaller repositioned alignment aid or what, but when I saw them in person, they gave me that JDM vibe. Granted, I've never seen the VG3 stuff in person so that's not exactly what I'm comparing it to. The overall quality appeared JDM like to me.

I love the marketing approach. Instead of telling us about how great your driver is, show us with data. The assistant pro was only +4 ball speed and +6 in distance. That's more of what I would expect.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I love the marketing approach. Instead of telling us about how great your driver is, show us with data. The assistant pro was only +4 ball speed and +6 in distance. That's more of what I would expect.

I don't trust a single bit of any marketing :)

But that's just me

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

What's the point of flipping the alignment aid around? If Titleist was going to change it, why not just come up with an entirely new aid?

This is the way it has always been with the exception of the 915 and 917.

1/2in longer shaft .. might explain the 'gains'

how innovative

So it's safe to assume titleist staffers put down their current 44.75" driver tipped to their specs, and just started hacking away with the Rogue Silver 60 from the fitting cart?

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

how innovative

So it's safe to assume titleist staffers put down their current 44.75" driver tipped to their specs, and just started hacking away with the Rogue Silver 60 from the fitting cart?

I will let people believe what they want but just because a shaft is longer doesn't make the ball travel farther. Robot testing, yes. Human, no. If this were the case, everyone would be playing 48" drivers.

how innovative

I will let people believe what they want but just because a shaft is longer doesn't make the ball travel farther. Robot testing, yes. Human, no. If this were the case, everyone would be playing 48" drivers.

I’ll agree we don’t have enough info to say either way. If they stayed at their playing length or moves to the new stock length for these increases

how innovative

Kinda sounds like a troll statement? Maybe read what one who was fitted above that was an apples to apples test using his own shaft and only difference being the head...

Not saying the TS series is magical but hate to see the negative comments just for the sake of bashing. Here is his statement:

Ok just got done with fitting, ordered a TS3 9.5 immediately.

Hit my 910 D3 AD-DI 6x first for baseline. Was getting avg of 108.5 / 158, launch 11.8 spin 2850. 255 carry

Put a TS3 head on my shaft and was getting 109.7 / 163, launch 12 spin 2600. 261 carry

Hit 7 different shafts and ended up with Accra Tour Zx465 M5 111 / 165, launch 13 spin 2250. 273 carry

I had not been fit in 5 years and it showed. The head felt like my 910, but sounded amazingly fantastic. Very muted and no metal tink sound. I read a thread recently about having a fitter change your swing by what he gives you, and my swing certainly didn't change, but I definitely picked up the 3 mph club head speed just being comfortable with what was in my hand. My old driver I almost feel like I have to hang on to and manage it in play a bit. For those that are going to ask for comparison to TS2, I hit 5 balls with it on my old shaft and it's not for me. TS3 is still the lower spinning, more compact looking model, while the TS2 has a more elongated shape, that launched higher and spun more, for me.

Any other questions feel free to ask, can't wait for it to be in, miles better than my D3 and the M3 I played for a few months recently. Hell I feel like a TM add, I literally picked up 18 yds

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Probably a cracked persimmon with a x700 shaft

how innovative

Kinda sounds like a troll statement? Maybe read what one who was fitted above that was an apples to apples test using his own shaft and only difference being the head...

Not saying the TS series is magical but hate to see the negative comments just for the sake of bashing. Here is his statement:

Hit my 910 D3 AD-DI 6x first for baseline. Was getting avg of 108.5 / 158, launch 11.8 spin 2850. 255 carry

Put a TS3 head on my shaft and was getting 109.7 / 163, launch 12 spin 2600. 261 carry

Hit 7 different shafts and ended up with Accra Tour Zx465 M5 111 / 165, launch 13 spin 2250. 273 carry

I had not been fit in 5 years and it showed. The head felt like my 910, but sounded amazingly fantastic. Very muted and no metal tink sound. I read a thread recently about having a fitter change your swing by what he gives you, and my swing certainly didn't change, but I definitely picked up the 3 mph club head speed just being comfortable with what was in my hand. My old driver I almost feel like I have to hang on to and manage it in play a bit. For those that are going to ask for comparison to TS2, I hit 5 balls with it on my old shaft and it's not for me. TS3 is still the lower spinning, more compact looking model, while the TS2 has a more elongated shape, that launched higher and spun more, for me.

Any other questions feel free to ask, can't wait for it to be in, miles better than my D3 and the M3 I played for a few months recently. Hell I feel like a TM add, I literally picked up 18 yds

He also said he hadn’t been fit in 5 years and it showed. Not exactly optimal.

how innovative

He also said he hadn't been fit in 5 years and it showed. Not exactly optimal.

But he also gained 6 yards of carry just by swapping heads from 910 D3 to TS3 using the same shaft. That wasn't an optimal fit either.

how innovative

But he also gained 6 yards of carry just by swapping heads from 910 D3 to TS3 using the same shaft. That wasn't an optimal fit either.

Maybe, but in truth we don’t know his fitting 5 years ago nor his current fitting to be optimal. There are so many variables. Who’s to say he couldn’t add 6 yards carry to his 910 by switching shafts?

I like new tech as much as anyone, and I’m not saying that the new Titelist drivers offer the same performance as their older models, but there just isn’t much of a way to tell whether the TS heads are actually an improvement from reading about another person’s fitting.

I dont favor a particular OEM and it just seems that the same sort of claims had already been made in TM and Cally "insert driver" threads and met with a lot of criticism so why not treat Titleist with the same sort of skepticism?

That being said I hope the gains are real and this line can put up numbers that can compete with TM and Cally

how innovative

Maybe, but in truth we don't know his fitting 5 years ago nor his current fitting to be optimal. There are so many variables. Who's to say he couldn't add 6 yards carry to his 910 by switching shafts?

I like new tech as much as anyone, and I'm not saying that the new Titelist drivers offer the same performance as their older models, but there just isn't much of a way to tell whether the TS heads are actually an improvement from reading about another person's fitting.

While I agree, you can't tell anything off one person's fitting but if you kept the exact same shaft and swapped head and consistently gamed 6 yards carry I would say that is pretty good evidence that the New Titleist driver head is a much better fit. Yes, he could have put a new shaft in his 910 and possibly changed loft to increase distance as well. But a like for like head swap with the exact same shaft is a pretty good indicator.

Time will tell though, I hope it is true though. I absolutely love my 917 and would love similar performance with a few extra yards on top.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

a really fun exercise is to go back and search for people's posts about gains from the 913, 915, and 917.

The only thing we gained going from a 910/913 to the 915/917 was better spin on lower strikes. You lost that 910 beauty, feel and sound.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I should certainly hope that someone gained a few yards by swapping out his nearly DECADE OLD 910 head for the absolutely newest and best tech Titleist has to offer consumers.

While true, that DECADE old head I believe is also at current max CT/COR limits, and was certainly good enough for Adam Scott to put back in the bag for a bit this season.

I agree with others, 910 was the best feeling/sounding titleist wood that's why I still play it, and while the 13/15/17 have improved some on spin reduction from less than optimal hits, they all sound worse. I'm far from a bomber as you can see but hit the ball pretty square pretty often, and coming from a "bad fit" or not, very excited about the look, sound, feel and performance of TS3. It's what I wanted M3 to be.

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2