2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should certainly hope that someone gained a few yards by swapping out his nearly DECADE OLD 910 head for the absolutely newest and best tech Titleist has to offer consumers.

To. This. Day. A fitted, nutted 910 goes just as far as any other thing on the market. My 910 is still in my travel set and I kill that thing. 99% of the 'tech' is smoke and mirrors and complete BS.The only thing that's actually improved is the marketing.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I should certainly hope that someone gained a few yards by swapping out his nearly DECADE OLD 910 head for the absolutely newest and best tech Titleist has to offer consumers.

To. This. Day. A fitted, nutted 910 goes just as far as any other thing on the market. My 910 is still in my travel set and I kill that thing. 99% of the 'tech' is smoke and mirrors and complete BS.The only thing that's actually improved is the marketing.

Not for me. I have seen improvements from the 905 forward; and dramatic gains from my TM 320 to my M3; everyone has there own feeling and experience; I believe in the R&D.

So what’s the difference between a Hzrdus Smoke and Even flow white? Launch and spin

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

agreed

i havent gamed a titleist since the 910 and the 905R is my all time fave

i hope the TS3 lives up to the hype

I just stuck a 905R with Diamana white board 70X back in the bag. Goes pretty much just as far as any driver I’ve hit since I originally had one in 2006. I’ve hit every Titleist, Epic, Mizuno ST180, and TM M2. The newer models I’ve hit may pick up 3-5 yds overall, but that is negligible when the dispersion is worse. I am going to get fit for a TS2/3 and see what happens. I won’t change if it’s not a huge difference.

Anyone that's done one of the official Titleist fittings that I see posting gains, serious question: I'm just curious if there is a protocol for the testing? Like, is the "gain" everyone is posting pics of taken for best drive with current gamer vs best with TS2/TS3? Or is it an average of x swings?

I still game a 983k - have tried just about everything out there in an attempt to be "better." My single "best" hit with a new driver may be a few yards longer or straighter, but if I hit 10 balls with the 983k and 10 with the "latest/greatest," the average really isn't anything i get too excited about (even though I want to).

Thanks,

Anyone that's done one of the official Titleist fittings that I see posting gains, serious question: I'm just curious if there is a protocol for the testing? Like, is the "gain" everyone is posting pics of taken for best drive with current gamer vs best with TS2/TS3? Or is it an average of x swings?

I still game a 983k - have tried just about everything out there in an attempt to be "better." My single "best" hit with a new driver may be a few yards longer or straighter, but if I hit 10 balls with the 983k and 10 with the "latest/greatest," the average really isn't anything i get too excited about (even though I want to).

Thanks,

Mine were 6-8 swings per shaft/head combination, average. I included my poorer swings because they are indicative of my miss on the course, I want to see what it does when I make that swing more than when I crunch one. My miss is heel side, sweet spot height, with my 910 D3 that produces something around 9 launch 3500+ spin and carries about 245 peeling off to the right. SEVERAL times, I hit 'that shot' and carried it 260 with the TS3, just less spin and a little higher launch.

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

What are the characteristics of the smoke and white shafts? I have a Hzrdus yellow in my g400 max and like it but may sell that setup if I like the TS enough when I get a chance to hit it.

HZRDUS Smoke Black is the next generation of HZRDUS Black. As someone stated the original HZRDUS Black was very tip heavy, standard weight heads at 45"+ would swing weight in the high Ds.

With Smoke Black we have made the shaft neutral balanced, getting about 1.5-2 SW points out of the shaft.

Also in the softer flexes we backed off the stiffness and torque a little as the Original Blacks in 5.5 and 6.0 were way to stiff for that target market.

DB

Anyone hit the Evenflow white in comparison?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Seriously need this to hurry up and launch. Getting tired of my M3..........

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Does it mean the shot was 15 farther into bad stuff right? Or were you seeing less side spin also?

It wasn't as far off line, I can't remember specific dispersion numbers, but was much more playable. Further into the junk would be no bueno :golfer:

Edit to include shaft: The best at this was actually that yellow and black Fuji XLR8. I hated the way it looked and felt, but I hit that heely shot right down the middle. I kept saying 'that felt terrible' and it just went straight. Lost a lot of distance with the strike but it was straight.

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

Thanks,

My gains were an average, +4 mph and +10 carry. I remember one with my combination of TS3 9.5º and the ATTAS 6Star at +6/+15. Titleist Staff should possibly have their drivers around September 1 if they were fitted on Staff Days.

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1 

Thanks,

My gains were an average, +4 mph and +10 carry. I remember one with my combination of TS3 9.5º and the ATTAS 6Star at +6/+15. Titleist Staff should possibly have their drivers around September 1 if they were fitted on Staff Days.

Sam- in 2014 you quoted your 913 was 162mph and 2650 spin and your 915 was 165mph and 2400 spin.

In 2016 you said the 917 got spin down 2200 and ball speed “up a bit” so I’m assuming that was 166-167mph.

So the TS has you in the 170’s and sub 2k spin now?

Thanks,

Sam- in 2014 you quoted your 913 was 162mph and 2650 spin and your 915 was 165mph and 2400 spin.

In 2016 you said the 917 got spin down 2200 and ball speed “up a bit” so I’m assuming that was 166-167mph.

Not sure how to interpret this

Thanks,

In 2016 you said the 917 got spin down 2200 and ball speed "up a bit" so I'm assuming that was 166-167mph.

So the TS has you in the 170's and sub 2k spin now?

Stalker much?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Thanks,

I sure do.

If we were in a bar there might be trouble.

Thanks,

I sure do.

If we were in a bar there might be trouble.

For what? Asking for data clarification?

I sport a full bag of all titleist. If it's truly good I'm interested.

Not stalkerish at all. He posted in the release thread of the 915 when it was "new" and offered up the exact numbers. This time it was +4mph so I wanted clarification.

YES. It is that good. In the early days of the 910 and 913 testing was conducted on a ForeSight LM, which I personally own today. My ballspeeds on this LM always seemed high +3 or 4 mph but felt good for the self esteem :P ;) :) TrackMan had my ball speed with the TS line at 166-168ish, my ForeSight hit 172 mph.

As we discussed during our fitting sessions and during a TechRep conference call (I'm a back-up tech rep for Titleist) PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO HIT THE NEW LINE OF WOODS TO DETERMINE FOR THEMSELVES.

I have increased ball speed with every driver release but I've also had very poor club path numbers by hitting down with the driver. Through swing work with TrackmanMaestro and shallowing out path in the last two years the TS driver has shown the largest increase in ball speed, better launch, and lower spin.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

I went through my fitting this past week and gained 2.5MPH BS and about 7yards on average.

The big difference for me was the lower strikes on the face were still the same/1MPH higher than my solid strikes on my 917 where 917 dropped off a bit more.

All around good driver, 460cc in the TS3 so more forgiving as well. Can't wait to get mine in a couple of weeks.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

Thanks,

So your current shaft worked well with the new head? I have been hitting my 913 D3 as far as anything else I have tried yet.... to my surprise really. I will test it up against a TS driver soon hopefully...

For those of you that have hit them, how do you find it to feel?

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

YES. It is that good. In the early days of the 910 and 913 testing was conducted on a ForeSight LM, which I personally own today. My ballspeeds on this LM always seemed high +3 or 4 mph but felt good for the self esteem :P ;) :) TrackMan had my ball speed with the TS line at 166-168ish, my ForeSight hit 172 mph.

As we discussed during our fitting sessions and during a TechRep conference call (I'm a back-up tech rep for Titleist) PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO HIT THE NEW LINE OF WOODS TO DETERMINE FOR THEMSELVES.

I have increased ball speed with every driver release but I've also had very poor club path numbers by hitting down with the driver. Through swing work with TrackmanMaestro and shallowing out path in the last two years the TS driver has shown the largest increase in ball speed, better launch, and lower spin.

the TS heads work ok with negative angle of attack?

I've never been able to get positive AoA with any consistency.

I'm stoked about this lineup. Already getting anal and tinkering in anticipation of this release.

Bad choice of words BB... I think you're in the wrong Forum bro.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

I'm stoked about this lineup. Already getting anal and tinkering in anticipation of this release.

Bad choice of words BB... I think you're in the wrong Forum bro.

Yeah I realized that before I got mob ruled.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I went through my fitting this past week and gained 2.5MPH BS and about 7yards on average.

The big difference for me was the lower strikes on the face were still the same/1MPH higher than my solid strikes on my 917 where 917 dropped off a bit more.

All around good driver, 460cc in the TS3 so more forgiving as well. Can't wait to get mine in a couple of weeks.

so does that negate the active recoil channel theory then since it was removed?

so does that negate the active recoil channel theory then since it was removed?

The ARC is basically in Titleist words "obsolete" due to the redesign of the TS chassis and relocation of weight/savings. I'm telling you... This thing is a flippin game changer for Titleist.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

OK, so I was invited to Titleist's National Fitting Centre yesterday, where I was able to try out the new drivers.

I warmed up for about 20-30 mins, got a quick marketing rundown, then was able to hit the clubs. One thing I'll start with is that I respected how self-aware the people at Titleist were about their product. they knew that there were rumblings that their long clubs were spinny and slower than the competition. While they maintained that their stuff could compete with anyone while properly fit, they acknowledged that they had some work to do to get back in line with their competitors in terms of perception. There was a lot of talk about re-building from the ground up, weight savings and new abilities to relocate CG - I caught the jist of everything, but I was just excited to hit some clubs, so you'd be best off waiting for the official rundown from Titleist when the embargo lifts, which is September 6.

I first got some baseline numbers with my driver - my 910D2, HZRDUS 75 6.0 yellow, 45", D4.5 SW. Here were the numbers:

First-off, I apologize for not having any more full spec pics like this - there was some rain, which led to a bit of a delay. The Titleist guys were terrific about taking care of us, but I ended up having to duck out pretty quickly for an appointment. I know I'm going to get some specs from Titleist in the coming days, and I'll update when I do. Anyway, I'll give you an idea of things based on memory - the numbers are a accurate, but I won't have as many numbers as above.

Anyway, I had an opportunity to hit a few shafts, but I was really only interested in the Even Flow White ("EFW") and the HZRDUS Smoke ("HS"). I thought the HS was nice, but like the black, I had some difficulty turning it over and was losing everything right. The EFW was a beauty - felt like my yellow, but probably a little smoother but also tighter at the same time - really not sure how to describe it other than that. Not boardy, but not loose either. I also found it much easier to turn over and keep straight. One thing I thought was interesting is that they said they don't think they will be offering the HC versions of the HS or the EFW. Not the end of the world I guess, but I found it surprising.

I hit 4-5 shots with the TS2 and TS3 each with my shaft, with the EFW and with the HS.

I was more interested in hitting and enjoying myself than of taking pics - sorry this isn't a little more pic heavy - I guess I let the team down! The TS2 is a little bigger looking all around - face is nice and deep, has a Rogue-esque shape (the face, not the head), and has a 915D2 shape at address. The TS3 is very classic looking at address, and the face is still nice and deep. It is 460CC, but it's just a beautiful club to look down at.

In terms of sound, both sounded terrific. One think that has kept me with my 910 for so long was the sound and feel. I would ay these were both like a slightly higher-pitched 910 sound. I was really on board with it!

Here's where things got interesting for me. I have been following these clubs closely since the info was first released, and I was absolutely positive I'd walk out loving the TS2. I think the shape just really got in my head. It's "modern", but something about it just made me have real difficulty hitting it straight. When I did put it out there, I was getting decent results (+3mph ball speed, -200 rpm), but I just couldn't trust to hit it straight.

Then I moved onto the TS3 - I was initially intimidated by the shape a bit, but it does look a touch friendlier than the D3s of eras past. However, that concern immediately disappeared once I started hitting - just straight bullets. I had a couple I lost off the toe, and they definitely would have stayed in play. When it was all said and done, after 4-5 shots I was looking at:

- 154.9 Ball speed (+3.8mph)

- 13.0 Launch (+0.1)

- 2350 spin (-740 RPM)

At the end of it all, I had a gain of 20.5 yards. I get that this won't be the case for everyone, and I 100% realize my initial spin numbers weren't ideal. However, I was definitely really impressed with what I experienced. I get my specs this week and I'll definitely be putting an order in ASAP.

One last ting I'll mention - I really like what they did with the TS3 weights. Instead of having 2 weights (draw and neutral), there's one weight with a moveable magnet on it. So basically if you have the magnet on one side, it balances with the fixed weight and makes it neutral, then if you switch the magnet to the other side, it doubles the weight on one end, and you get the draw-fade. Means two things - you won't be searching for your other weight if you want to fine-tune and I think it means the weight kits will cost less (though I'm not 100% sure on the second point).

Anyway, all-in-all, walked away incredibly impressed with what I saw, and I have no doubt that these drivers will be able to go toe to toe against anything Cally, TM or Ping puts out next year.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Ping $430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
Titleist TSr2 4w | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8
Titleist TSr3 4h | Project X Even Flow White 100
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron MonoBlok 6

OK, so I was invited to Titleist's National Fitting Centre yesterday, where I was able to try out the new drivers.

I warmed up for about 20-30 mins, got a quick marketing rundown, then was able to hit the clubs. One thing I'll start with is that I respected how self-aware the people at Titleist were about their product. they knew that there were rumblings that their long clubs were spinny and slower than the competition. While they maintained that their stuff could compete with anyone while properly fit, they acknowledged that they had some work to do to get back in line with their competitors in terms of perception. There was a lot of talk about re-building from the ground up, weight savings and new abilities to relocate CG - I caught the jist of everything, but I was just excited to hit some clubs, so you'd be best off waiting for the official rundown from Titleist when the embargo lifts, which is September 6.

I first got some baseline numbers with my driver - my 910D2, HZRDUS 75 6.0 yellow, 45", D4.5 SW. Here were the numbers:

First-off, I apologize for not having any more full spec pics like this - there was some rain, which led to a bit of a delay. The Titleist guys were terrific about taking care of us, but I ended up having to duck out pretty quickly for an appointment. I know I'm going to get some specs from Titleist in the coming days, and I'll update when I do. Anyway, I'll give you an idea of things based on memory - the numbers are a accurate, but I won't have as many numbers as above.

Anyway, I had an opportunity to hit a few shafts, but I was really only interested in the Even Flow White ("EFW") and the HZRDUS Smoke ("HS"). I thought the HS was nice, but like the black, I had some difficulty turning it over and was losing everything right. The EFW was a beauty - felt like my yellow, but probably a little smoother but also tighter at the same time - really not sure how to describe it other than that. Not boardy, but not loose either. I also found it much easier to turn over and keep straight. One thing I thought was interesting is that they said they don't think they will be offering the HC versions of the HS or the EFW. Not the end of the world I guess, but I found it surprising.

I hit 4-5 shots with the TS2 and TS3 each with my shaft, with the EFW and with the HS.

I was more interested in hitting and enjoying myself than of taking pics - sorry this isn't a little more pic heavy - I guess I let the team down! The TS2 is a little bigger looking all around - face is nice and deep, has a Rogue-esque shape (the face, not the head), and has a 915D2 shape at address. The TS3 is very classic looking at address, and the face is still nice and deep. It is 460CC, but it's just a beautiful club to look down at.

In terms of sound, both sounded terrific. One think that has kept me with my 910 for so long was the sound and feel. I would ay these were both like a slightly higher-pitched 910 sound. I was really on board with it!

Here's where things got interesting for me. I have been following these clubs closely since the info was first released, and I was absolutely positive I'd walk out loving the TS2. I think the shape just really got in my head. It's "modern", but something about it just made me have real difficulty hitting it straight. When I did put it out there, I was getting decent results (+3mph ball speed, -200 rpm), but I just couldn't trust to hit it straight.

Then I moved onto the TS3 - I was initially intimidated by the shape a bit, but it does look a touch friendlier than the D3s of eras past. However, that concern immediately disappeared once I started hitting - just straight bullets. I had a couple I lost off the toe, and they definitely would have stayed in play. When it was all said and done, after 4-5 shots I was looking at:

- 154.9 Ball speed (+3.8mph)

- 13.0 Launch (+0.1)

- 2350 spin (-740 RPM)

At the end of it all, I had a gain of 20.5 yards. I get that this won't be the case for everyone, and I 100% realize my initial spin numbers weren't ideal. However, I was definitely really impressed with what I experienced. I get my specs this week and I'll definitely be putting an order in ASAP.

One last ting I'll mention - I really like what they did with the TS3 weights. Instead of having 2 weights (draw and neutral), there's one weight with a moveable magnet on it. So basically if you have the magnet on one side, it balances with the fixed weight and makes it neutral, then if you switch the magnet to the other side, it doubles the weight on one end, and you get the draw-fade. Means two things - you won't be searching for your other weight if you want to fine-tune and I think it means the weight kits will cost less (though I'm not 100% sure on the second point).

Anyway, all-in-all, walked away incredibly impressed with what I saw, and I have no doubt that these drivers will be able to go toe to toe against anything Cally, TM or Ping puts out next year.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

I've reread the 2nd to last paragraph twice, and I'm just not picturing it... So its different then the 917 weights? You just don't flip the draw/fade weight or just use a neutral weight? But instead its a magnet?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style