2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

Got to hit these today. Looks wise, they look a little more stretched back, like the 915 D2.. the TS3 does look a little smaller and more pear shape, the TS2 looks big, but not in a bad way.

Started out with the HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 65g in the TS3, 9.5*. Pretty good, low spin numbers, 1500-1600 and near 255 carry at around 100 MPH. I don't fully trust the machines, so I was just comparing the actual numbers for the few setups I hit. Ball speed around 148.

Then tried the Evenflow white 65g 6.0. I could really feel this shaft kick, in a good way, was a much better fit for me obviously... Spin went to 1750-1900 and carry was up by a few, closer to 260 highest SS was 103. 16* launch, this was a great fit for me. Ball flights were pretty straight, it was impressive.

Then tried the TS2 with the Evenflow white... TS2 feels GREAT. Flight was higher and had less carry with spin in the 2200 range. It wasn't an extensive fitting by any means, I was kind of in a hurry, but I hit the TS3/Evenflow white well enough to order one. I was really impressed with that shafts feel.

The TS3 does feel a little harder when not hit out of the center but straight out of the center it felt like a trampoline effect. Could just tell it was going to be a good drive.

I tend to hit the drivers better out on the course then what the GC2 says, needless to say I am very excited to get this out on the course.

So the TS3 was so low spin that it’s basically unplayable for you with the 2 shafts you hit? Very Interesting.

No, I wouldn't say it was unplayable at all. I went with the evenflow white, ts3 9.5. All the numbers were actually pretty good, higher spin with the ts2 resulted in much shorter drives. The numbers I got were very similar to the g400 max hzrdus yellow 76 combo I aged which was one of the best drivers I've played yet. Looks and feel of the ts3 trump the g400 for me so I'm looking forward to getting this one out.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, that shaft that's in Tiger's driver doesn't look like a D+.

Watch that video carefully, a lot of white in that shaft... Comparing it to the images of the D+... Not matching up.

Thoughts?

Did you read the caption under the picture? “...Earlier this year”

Yeah that was at the Genesis in February.

Ahhh... That would make perfect sense.

Thank you

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Does anyone have the specs on the Even flow white shaft?

Theres a thread for the shaft. You will get all sorts of information on the shaft.

Numbers, comparisons, and playability if you go through it. A lot better information than just seeing a chart with numbers on it.

Not asking for all sorts of information. Asking if someone has the specs.

Thanks

My point is GO LOOK instead of having someone else do the work for you!

Got to hit these today. Looks wise, they look a little more stretched back, like the 915 D2.. the TS3 does look a little smaller and more pear shape, the TS2 looks big, but not in a bad way.

Started out with the HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 65g in the TS3, 9.5*. Pretty good, low spin numbers, 1500-1600 and near 255 carry at around 100 MPH. I don't fully trust the machines, so I was just comparing the actual numbers for the few setups I hit. Ball speed around 148.

Then tried the Evenflow white 65g 6.0. I could really feel this shaft kick, in a good way, was a much better fit for me obviously... Spin went to 1750-1900 and carry was up by a few, closer to 260 highest SS was 103. 16* launch, this was a great fit for me. Ball flights were pretty straight, it was impressive.

Then tried the TS2 with the Evenflow white... TS2 feels GREAT. Flight was higher and had less carry with spin in the 2200 range. It wasn't an extensive fitting by any means, I was kind of in a hurry, but I hit the TS3/Evenflow white well enough to order one. I was really impressed with that shafts feel.

The TS3 does feel a little harder when not hit out of the center but straight out of the center it felt like a trampoline effect. Could just tell it was going to be a good drive.

I tend to hit the drivers better out on the course then what the GC2 says, needless to say I am very excited to get this out on the course.

So the TS3 was so low spin that it’s basically unplayable for you with the 2 shafts you hit? Very Interesting.

No, I wouldn't say it was unplayable at all. I went with the evenflow white, ts3 9.5. All the numbers were actually pretty good, higher spin with the ts2 resulted in much shorter drives. The numbers I got were very similar to the g400 max hzrdus yellow 76 combo I aged which was one of the best drivers I've played yet. Looks and feel of the ts3 trump the g400 for me so I'm looking forward to getting this one out.

Launch monitors love low spin shots. Anytime my Skytrak spits out a 6 iron carry of 200 yards I can almost guarantee the spin is going to be around 4k where it is usually around 6k.

Same goes with driver swings I have seen on GC2. In reality, a drive with 1500 spin isn't going to carry as far as one with 2200 spin. Think of the toe balls that you have hit that dive left early. Of course ball speed is down because of strike but that shot has such low spin that it never stays in the air nearly as long as one that is centered.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Launch monitors love low spin shots. Anytime my Skytrak spits out a 6 iron carry of 200 yards I can almost guarantee the spin is going to be around 4k where it is usually around 6k.

Same goes with driver swings I have seen on GC2. In reality, a drive with 1500 spin isn't going to carry as far as one with 2200 spin. Think of the toe balls that you have hit that dive left early. Of course ball speed is down because of strike but that shot has such low spin that it never stays in the air nearly as long as one that is centered.

I understand all of that... Any club I buy from this shop, I hit off that GC2, so the ones that have spit out similar results have produced similar shots outside on the course for me. I'm not saying its the end all be all of info, but it's a good baseline for me to go by. My low spin shots with the G400 Max were similar to the spin rates of the TS3. I loved what that driver did outside for me, I just prefer the look of the Titleist drivers so I'm expecting something similar to that driver, just with other characteristics I like. Everyone else should test their own obviously, I am just posting what I experienced.

Does anyone have the specs on the Even flow white shaft?

Theres a thread for the shaft. You will get all sorts of information on the shaft.

Numbers, comparisons, and playability if you go through it. A lot better information than just seeing a chart with numbers on it.

Not asking for all sorts of information. Asking if someone has the specs.

Thanks

My point is GO LOOK instead of having someone else do the work for you!

Sometimes it’s just easier not to answer. But since you insist, sometimes people have the specs available instead of having to GO LOOK elsewhere. Why does this have to be so hard?

Why move away from the Ping G400 Max that produced so well for you?

Because I ho clubs like a mother effer sometimes.

Stopped by Golf Mart in Seaside on the way to do 17 mile drive and take the family to lunch at Pebble. Tried the TS2 and TS3 with HZRDUS Smoke and Even flow white. Clear winner was TS3 for me. For some reason I could not hit the ts2 to save my life. Hit a few off the bottom which is my miss and the spin was still around 2500. Grabbed a 10* G400 LST similar to what I play now and TS3 won out. I love the G400 but have OCD and prefer to play a 9.5 with square face over a 10 opened to 9.5ish. Luckily I have a kick @$$ wife who is cool with me looking into the TS3 as long as the ping is sold.

2200 is not high spin for a driver swing 100-103mph.

The obsession with low spin on this site often makes people seek numbers that are actually hurting them and only “work” on a launch monitor.

It’s not a positive thing to drop below 2200 for actually PLAYING golf yet so many people mistakenly think getting below 2000 is somehow desirable.

The obsession with low spin on this site often makes people seek numbers that are actually hurting them and only “work” on a launch monitor.

It’s not a positive thing to drop below 2200 for actually PLAYING golf yet so many people mistakenly think getting below 2000 is somehow desirable.

THANK YOU.

Seriously guys, anything under 2000 rpms is dangerously low for most people unless you have a 120 mph ss. Launch monitors eat up low spin and regurgitate it to the consumer in unrealistic numbers, the ball would fall out of the sky in most outdoor conditions. 2200 is perfect.

THANK YOU.

Seriously guys, anything under 2000 rpms is dangerously low for most people unless you have a 120 mph ss. Launch monitors eat up low spin and regurgitate it to the consumer in unrealistic numbers, the ball would fall out of the sky in most outdoor conditions. 2200 is perfect.

....and if you’re at 120+ it’s almost impossible to find a “normal” (non long drive) driver head and shaft configuration that would even give you spin under 2000.

More speed = more spin. Tour players and strong amateurs at 115-120 generally look for 2100-2400.

I'm with you. I swing around 120 give or take and aim for 2200-2400 but truth be told I'll take anything under 3000.

Even with my LD clubs when I'm swinging 135 I'm happy with 1800, don't get why people try to get less than that.

I quickly got to hit the TS3 at my local club. I didn't have time for trackman and have a tournament coming up so it was more a half hour experiment where I just took a TS3 head in the same loft as my 917D2 popped on my shaft and hit a few shots. As far as looks it looks great and it definitely launched significantly higher to the point where I thought I'd have to go down a degree. The head felt lighter but I just had the stock weight in there and I know my 917 has a slightly heavier weight to compensate the the 70 gram driver shaft I play. Feel was good and sound was good.

So far so good, full trackman fitting as soon as my tournament is done. I know if I'm in the minority but my 917D2 has been a fantastic driver for me, but I think the TS will make it in the bag this Fall.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

I quickly got to hit the TS3 at my local club. I didn't have time for trackman and have a tournament coming up so it was more a half hour experiment where I just took a TS3 head in the same loft as my 917D2 popped on my shaft and hit a few shots. As far as looks it looks great and it definitely launched significantly higher to the point where I thought I'd have to go down a degree. The head felt lighter but I just had the stock weight in there and I know my 917 has a slightly heavier weight to compensate the the 70 gram driver shaft I play. Feel was good and sound was good.

So far so good, full trackman fitting as soon as my tournament is done. I know if I'm in the minority but my 917D2 has been a fantastic driver for me, but I think the TS will make it in the bag this Fall.

Regarding the weight...It’s not your imagination. The Stock TS3 Head IS Lighter because unfortunately “standard” length is now 45.5”.

I haven’t seen the spec sheet numbers but I’d bet anything that it’s 5 grams lighter than the 917’s to keep the SW at D-3.

All the guys that like to play 44.5” are going to have to add about 10 grams now to stay at D-3.

I’m at 43.5” so I’m going to have to go with about 18 extra grams of weight to get back to D-2 where I like it.

I’m going to hotmelt about 10 grams on the sole right behind the face and then do the rest with lead tape so it’s not so hard to resell in the future. It’s a lot easier to sell a head hot melted to play 44.5” than 43.5”.

I will not disagree with an "obsession for low spin" around here, but I feel like I need to clarify.... I realize those spin numbers are a little low for my swing speed... I am NOT choosing this based on spin numbers, I am NOT. Hopefully we are clear on that. I was more looking at launch and ball speed honestly and while it did not blow everything else out of the water in those regards, I liked the way it looks and feels. I like that even on mis hits, the ball was not straying too far away from center. I like that I was getting similar results to the G400 Max without it looking like a truck tire ran over it. My home course tends to play pretty dry, so maximum carry is not everything to me, getting some roll really helps me a lot so the lower spinning drivers, I find, help me get a little more run out on the ground and get me further out to where I have shorter clubs in. I would not expect any of you to have any of the same criteria as I do for choosing a driver, nor would I have yours.

And JoeJoe... not all of us are lucky enough to have our own personal launch monitor, that would be nice, but some of us are left at the mercy of the only ones we have at our disposal. I appreciate the passive brag and will even admit I am a little jealous, but its not my reality.

The obsession with the obsession of low spin is nearly as bad around here, I should have been more clear about what impressed me about this driver as it was not the low spin. I was fine with the TS2 spinning at 2200, it just wasn't giving me the same ball speeds and was flying a bit higher with very little roll out. I can only go by what I was seeing. I am in NO WAY advocating people search out drivers that spin sub 2000, I like to think we are all free thinkers around here and play what we like or what we feel works best for us. I was merely sharing my experience, that was all.

I know I never said it was.... unless you are referring to someone else....

Got to try these a bit today at lunch. I have to say I preferred the D2 in the 917 line, but in this line, the TS3 is the clear winner visually to me.

The TS2 looked an awful lot like the 915 D2 to my eye, which I didn't care for. Sharp/square toe is odd looking to me.

The TS3 was fantastic at address. More confidence inspiring than the 917 D3.

Got pretty impressive ball speeds compared to my trusty Rogue SZ. Different shafts, but similar ball speeds with the TS3.

Count me in for more testing or a full blown fitting!

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Maybe this is the year I get professionally fit for driver and fairway and then just keep them for two years.....(I have this thought every Ttileist release).

I do like the headcovers on these.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

I’ve gained 15 yards just by thinking of a TS3.

Can’t wait to play this in Canada during winter! Oh wait....

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

I hit these tonight at a local big box store. Just the fairways as I’m really happy with my M3 and a tinkerer so why tempt myself?! Hit both the TS2 and TS3 with the Even Flow White T1100 6.5 and the HZRDUS SMOKE 70g 6.5 and absolutely fell in love with the TS2 and HZRDUS Smoke combo on C4 dispersion was super tight and 250 carry which is where I want a 3 wood. Playing in the PACNW it’s all about carry especially in the wet cold months.

Check these out when you have a chance they are like a upgraded version of the 915 fairways IMO.

**WITB as of 3/3/24**

Driver: TSR4 - 9* Ventus Red 6X

4W: TSR2+ 14.5 (playing 16* - Ventus Red 7X

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S / 54H / 58H - DG X100 TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno - Old reliable been in the bag since they came out. 

Finally went to my local shop and saw these in person 3 hours ago.

I barely looked atthe 2. No interest..

Two feelings about the 3.

1. Overall a nice shape for a bigger head. Attractive at address.

2. Serious disappointment at the fact it is not nearly deep faced enough for my taste. Major Bummer.

I have a Mizuno ST 180 that I generally like but it is very shallow faced. Way too many misses high on the face for me. Deja vu.

That said,....I’m still getting one of course. LOL!!

Testing the new line Thursday, what do you think I will expect coming from my 909D3?

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

Testing the new line Thursday, what do you think I will expect coming from my 909D3?

According to marketing, roughly 412.5 yards gained. Just an estimate.

Honestly, shafts are better than they used to be, so probably tighter dispersion

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple