2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

Is the Even Flow T1100 close to the PX HZRDUS T1100? I'm guessing they are quite different but I haven't hit either.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you question the most accurate driver in the world! Seriously though, only missing 5 yards off center is pretty straight. In my opinion, if you can do that with one driver...you can do that with any out there as long as it's fit for you. Obviously in this case it wasn't.

Haha yeah I suppose I'm in the wrong thread. This thread is only for positive feedback on the revolutionary new Titleist product.

You must spin it around 3k with your XT. There's no way there is more than a few hundred RPM's difference between the Even Flow and XT. I own and play an XT and while it is a very low spin shaft, I have played other low/low shafts and haven't seen more than a difference of a couple hundred RPM's.

Perhaps it's the tipping, perhaps it's the clubhead, perhaps it's both? I don't often spin my XT over 3k unless I hit a pretty big cut. Would be interesting to try my shaft in the TS3 for sure. I'm pretty confident, though, that the TS3 head won't be measurably better than my M1 440. I'm also not about to go buy one with an upgraded shaft to test that though.

An additional note, off center hits were ok, but again not any better than my current clubhead. They both go pretty good still.

Is the Even Flow T1100 close to the PX HZRDUS T1100? I'm guessing they are quite different but I haven't hit either.

I play the T1100 HZRDUS and I think it launches lower and is a bit more stiff (in the tip for sure) than the EF White. I also believe the HZRDUS in general suits the more aggressive swinger.

That’s just my feedback after gaming the HZRDUS and hitting 15-20 balls with the EF White.

I’m guessing TT can weigh in with a more educated summary.

I found the EF White 6.0 very stout for this 100 mph moderate to aggressive swinger. I liked the Smoke 6.0 more.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

How dare you question the most accurate driver in the world! �� Seriously though, only missing 5 yards off center is pretty straight. In my opinion, if you can do that with one driver...you can do that with any out there as long as it's fit for you. Obviously in this case it wasn't.

Haha yeah I suppose I'm in the wrong thread. This thread is only for positive feedback on the revolutionary new Titleist product.

You must spin it around 3k with your XT. There's no way there is more than a few hundred RPM's difference between the Even Flow and XT. I own and play an XT and while it is a very low spin shaft, I have played other low/low shafts and haven't seen more than a difference of a couple hundred RPM's.

Perhaps it's the tipping, perhaps it's the clubhead, perhaps it's both? I don't often spin my XT over 3k unless I hit a pretty big cut. Would be interesting to try my shaft in the TS3 for sure. I'm pretty confident, though, that the TS3 head won't be measurably better than my M1 440. I'm also not about to go buy one with an upgraded shaft to test that though.

An additional note, off center hits were ok, but again not any better than my current clubhead. They both go pretty good still.

I'm just messing with ya man! All discussion welcome in my book... :good:

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 10.5* 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Tour X PROTO putter

I attended a team titleist fitting event in south korea last night at sky72 driving range, a really cool 360 degree driving ramge and practice center. Its supposedly the largest driving range in the world. Titleist has a performance fitting center here, which i have been to before for a full bag fitting. About 20 guests were in my fitting group.

We started by watching a promotional video of the new ts driver and fairway lineup and then a member of the marketing team explained the features and took Q&A.

I had hit balls for about 30 minutes prior to the fitting event so i was fully warmed up beforehand. We started with my current driver, a callaway xr16 subzero 9.5 set to the open setting with 45 inch tour ad di 6s shaft. I had a few mishits and my left miss was showing. Baseline swing speed was 103 mph with 153 mph ball speed. Launch and spin were about 12 degrees and 2500 respectively. Total distance of 260 yards. I do habe the occassional 280 yarder on the course but i didn't feel like i was getting everything out of my driver. These numbers are from memory as i didnt have the foresight to take numbers down at the time.

The fitter asked if i had a preference for head shape and i responded that i preferred the shape of the ts3. We hit a 9.5 ts3 in the asian spec stock tour ad titleist 60 stiff shaft and the speeder 661 stiff ina c1 setting. Right away i noticed a slight increase in clubhead speed to 105 mph in the 45.5 inch shafts but my left miss was still showing and dispersion was similar to my current club. Distance loss on mishits was much less than the callaway. The shafts felt like they kicked more than my current gamer as well.

We moved on to the ts2 driver with its reduced bulge and roll. I didnt care for the look of the driver so much but once we got dialed in it was clearly performing better than my current xr16 sz. We settled on the ts2 8.5 degree driver with tour ad gp 6x in 45 inches. My strikes were more consistently on center with the 45 inch shaft but my swing speed jumped to 107.8 mph and ball speed to 160 mph. Tital distance 275 yards with 11 degrees launch and 2100 rpm. The 15 yards by itself is great but the dispersion was even more impressive. The courses here in sk are very tight with out of bounds left and right on pretty much every hole. I want to do some further testing before purchasing but i'm very pleased with the fitting results.

We moved on to the fairway wood lineup. The aesthetic difference between the ts3 and ts2 fairway woods is not as pronounced as it is in the drivers but i still preferred the ts3 more classic shape. I started with the ts2 15 degree with stock shaft offerings but ultimately the best fit was the ts3 15 with tour ad tp 7x. I'm generally very satisfied with my callaway x2hot 3 deep with tour ad di 7s but picked up almost 10 yards off the deck with the titleist setup.

I need to get a quote on these products but im expecting a hefty pricetag for these shaft upcharges. So far im leaning yes on the driver and maybe later on the 3 wood.

Tried both drivers last night on a Trackman at Golf Galaxy. Just couldn't get the TS3 dialed in with any of the shafts. The TS2 was giving me some nice numbers even with my swing not being up to speed. I was still hitting better with my 915D2 with the Rogue Silver 60x. I may have to go back and try the TS2 with the Rogue but don't know yet. I have really been dialed in with my current driver and the Rogues just flat out feel better then the current stock offerings. I was seeing ball speeds about 2mph more then my 915 but just couldn't get the launch and spin figured out. On a side note, Can we please stop with the oven mitt head covers!! The new Titleist head covers have to be the ugliest looking scrotum sacks I have ever seen. Please bring back the 915 Style headcovers...

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

How dare you question the most accurate driver in the world! �� Seriously though, only missing 5 yards off center is pretty straight. In my opinion, if you can do that with one driver...you can do that with any out there as long as it's fit for you. Obviously in this case it wasn't.

How he didn't catch your jest is bewildering... You even used a smiling emojin... Maybe you need to spell things out for this guy in the future. ?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Please bring back the 915 Style headcovers...

Yeah, I really can't understand why we no longer wanted to protect the shaft in the bag?!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

The stock offerings are definitely low launch for me. I'm a low ball hitter anyway, but on Trackman I was hitting screamers. Going to a demo day Saturday. Will see if real world results are the same.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

How he didn't catch your jest is bewildering... You even used a smiling emojin... Maybe you need to spell things out for this guy in the future.

Haha you guys are hilarious. Of course I got it, my comment about only positive feedback being allowed here was sarcastic :taunt:

Titleist's shaft chart seems to have undergone a "shift". It seems like everything has moved to lower launch/spin. I'm assuming that Smoke is more middle of the road...is that what you all that have tested are noticing?

Do you have a copy of the shaft chart, I have been looking on both the US and UK site and I can't seem to find anything with the updated options on there.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Titleist's shaft chart seems to have undergone a "shift". It seems like everything has moved to lower launch/spin. I'm assuming that Smoke is more middle of the road...is that what you all that have tested are noticing?

Do you have a copy of the shaft chart, I have been looking on both the US and UK site and I can't seem to find anything with the updated options on there.

http://media.titleist.com/images/titleist/files/US/Titleist-Custom-Club-Options/Titleist-Clubs-Custom-Options.pdf

http://media.titleis...tom-Options.pdf

No CP2 Pro Midsize?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I had a fitting this morning, picked up ball speed, better launch, and lower spin than my 917D3. The TS3 was the clear winner for me. Placed my order shortly after.

The TS3 looks fantastic and feels amazing, a real improvement over the 917, and I love that driver. Can’t wait for it to come in.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Got mine today... Will not get to hit it outdoors until tomorrow, but will get to put it to the test for sure this coming weekend as we have a 2 day club tournament. This driver is sharp looking though... Will post back up when I get to actually hit it.

29664490037_ec4cb7c9d6_k.jpg

42792092990_26b4fedae8_k.jpg

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Got mine today... Will not get to hit it outdoors until tomorrow, but will get to put it to the test for sure this coming weekend as we have a 2 day club tournament. This driver is sharp looking though... Will post back up when I get to actually hit it.

Do you have a connection to get it early or did your pre order already come in?

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Do you have a connection to get it early or did your pre order already come in?

It was just a pre order.... I went to my local shop the day they got their demos in and ordered that day, which was a little more than a week ago. My buddy that ordered it said he placed it online, but shortly after, only way to order was by phone. IDK... I guess I just got lucky. I will take it!!!

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Hopefully the rest of you that ordered will be getting yours soon, too... It was MUCH quicker than I expected so hoping thats a good sign.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Hopefully the rest of you that ordered will be getting yours soon, too... It was MUCH quicker than I expected so hoping thats a good sign.

When did you place your order?

I believe it was last Saturday, but not exactly sure... granted I'm not far from Titleist so that probably helps, too

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I got it today, pre ordered on 9/6 at a local golf shop. TS3 w/ PX white.

TM Stealth 2+ 9 Fuji Ventus Black 6X

TM Stealth + 13.5 HZRDUS Blue 70 6.5

TM SIM UDI 2i HZRDUS Black 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 MK2 4-PW Modus 120X

Vokey SM10 50.08F/56.12D/60.08M S400

SC SS Squareback 2

I got it today, pre ordered on 9/6 at a local golf shop. TS3 w/ PX white.

I was told that the fitters who order via their accounts as well golf shops that order through their account are "processing quickly". I have not heard anything about retail stores. Just the orders that go through the fitters and the local course shop.