Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

I got it today, pre ordered on 9/6 at a local golf shop. TS3 w/ PX white.

I was told that the fitters who order via their accounts as well golf shops that order through their account are "processing quickly". I have not heard anything about retail stores. Just the orders that go through the fitters and the local course shop.

I ordered mine through Roger Dunn in Seal Beach... got here really quickly.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went and #GetFit today at my local club who was doing a free demo/fitting day for the new TS2 and 3 drivers and FW. What a great experience. The Titleist rep/fitter couldn’t have been more knowledgeable and patient with getting me into the right setup.

First off, shout-out to #TG2 and their recent podcast when Tursky got fit for his lefty TS2. It really inspired me to get fit and try out the new Titleist drivers and FW. Ok, back to my fitting. They started me off with the TS2 9.5* with the smoke 60S. It hit about 5-6 balls with this setup and it felt great. The sound and feel of the head is great, but the smoke shaft was super smooth. Right away I could tell that it was probably going to be the winner. My spin was around 2800/3k and my ball speed was around 153-155. We then switched over to the 10.5* with the same smoke shaft but my spin was getting too high, 3200-3400. So we went back to the 9.5* and switched over to the EF white T1100 65S. This setup was solid too. The EF felt pretty good but the smoke felt better. The spin was just as good as the smoke but my dispersion wasn’t as good. So we went back to the smoke with the 9.5* head and switched to the 60X instead of the S and let me tell you what a huge difference it was. My spin came down to 2200-2400 and my ball speed got up to 158-160. The TS head definitely feels and sounds great and for me, with the smoke shaft, it was perfect.

So in the end, I ended up getting fit into the TS2 9.5* with HZRDUS Smoke 60X. My order was placed and now I just have to wait......

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Ive been playing a 913 d2 since it came out. Ive demoed the 915 and 917 and they perfomed about the same as the 913.

Last night i demoed the Ts2 along side my 913. For me they both performed about the same. I liked the look and feel of the Ts2 but just didnt see enough of a gain in performance to switch. When i put a good swing on it i got a good result. Mediocre swing got mediocre results. Funny how that happens.

Years ago i would have bought it sight unseen. I guess for now im comfortable with what i have and if its not broken why change it. That being said im going to a Ping fitting next week and see if I like any of their new clubs better than mine.

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

When ordering can you request what weight you want in the head?

I am going to put my Tensi orange shaft in it but need the 14 gram weight since that’s what’s I am playing in my 917

If you order through Titleist they will do their best. If your fitter orders again. They will do their best. That's been the only guarantees is that they will do their best.

Ive been playing a 913 d2 since it came out. Ive demoed the 915 and 917 and they perfomed about the same as the 913.

Last night i demoed the Ts2 along side my 913. For me they both performed about the same. I liked the look and feel of the Ts2 but just didnt see enough of a gain in performance to switch. When i put a good swing on it i got a good result. Mediocre swing got mediocre results. Funny how that happens.

Years ago i would have bought it sight unseen. I guess for now im comfortable with what i have and if its not broken why change it. That being said im going to a Ping fitting next week and see if I like any of their new clubs better than mine.

Your 913 is in trouble.

The MAX will get you.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

The MAX is really good. BUT.... I just passed mine on in favor of a 913 D3. Wasn't as forgiving, but wasn't terribly worse either. I was actually getting more distance out of the 913 by a couple yards on the course and the look and sound were better for me. That said, I just put my TS3 in the bag, EF white, and one range trip and I am hooked.... need to see what it does on the course but I suspect I will not ever be looking back at the MAX, and I really liked that driver for the most part. The 913 is no slouch though.... if it works, keep playing it!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Man...I was all set to get the G400 Max after Christmas, but I am definitely going to have to give this driver a closer look. Anyone already received theirs with the HZRDUS Smoke shaft? Curious to know people's thoughts on that shaft, seems like most people are getting fit into the EF White.

D : Callaway Paradym

3W: Titleist 913F
H: Titleist TS2

4-PW: Srixon ZXU (4), ZX5 (5-6), ZX7 (7-PW)
50-56-60: Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw
P : Odyssey
 White Hot Versa Twelve DB

Man...I was all set to get the G400 Max after Christmas, but I am definitely going to have to give this driver a closer look. Anyone already received theirs with the HZRDUS Smoke shaft? Curious to know people's thoughts on that shaft, seems like most people are getting fit into the EF White.

I feel the smoke is a lot smoother, probAbly suited for 95-105 swings with medium tempo. The evenflow is definitely firmer feeling, good for 105+, or if you have a quicker more aggressive transition . Right between those 2 would be the smoke 60 6.5, still stout enough, just a little smoother feel

I was fit into the TS2 with smoke 6.5. It is very smooth for sure. I’m kind of second guessing myself though cause I didn’t try out the EFW in 6.5 I only tried it in the 6.0. I’m going to try and get back to try the EFW, so when I get mine I’ll know if I need to exchange it for the EFW or keep the smoke.

I was fit into the TS2 with smoke 6.5. It is very smooth for sure. I’m kind of second guessing myself though cause I didn’t try out the EFW in 6.5 I only tried it in the 6.0. I’m going to try and get back to try the EFW, so when I get mine I’ll know if I need to exchange it for the EFW or keep the smoke.

i have tried both the smoke and the EFW. i tried the even flow in both 65 and 75 gram 6.5 shafts. the even flow is maybe the most stable and accurate shaft i have ever tried, i got much better ball speeds with the smoke but was not as accurate. The EFW i was consistently getting spin numbers from 1900-2100, the smoke i was getting spin numbers from 2200-2500.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

i have tried both the smoke and the EFW. i tried the even flow in both 65 and 75 gram 6.5 shafts. the even flow is maybe the most stable and accurate shaft i have ever tried, i got much better ball speeds with the smoke but was not as accurate. The EFW i was consistently getting spin numbers from 1900-2100, the smoke i was getting spin numbers from 2200-2500.

I noticed the exact same thing when I was hitting the EFW 6.0. That’s why I want to go and hit the 6.5 to see what the dispersion looks like. The spin for me was about the same as the smoke, but like I said I didn’t hit the 6.5 so I’m wondering what it will look like.

Seems to me the spin rate is ideal with the Smoke.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Seems to me the spin rate is ideal with the Smoke.

Yeah, i dont think its too high. the only issue, was that the dispersion was not as good as the E.F.W. that is the straightest shaft i have ever hit. i was getting good distance with both. the smoke definitely has more kick at the bottom.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Got my driver from Titleist at an outing in Kansas City today. Took me couple holes to get used to it and hit lot of very good drives. Already in my bag.

One thing I noticed, on thin shots, my TS3 went further than my old 917D3 which tend to spin up.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I feel the smoke is a lot smoother, probAbly suited for 95-105 swings with medium tempo. The evenflow is definitely firmer feeling, good for 105+, or if you have a quicker more aggressive transition . Right between those 2 would be the smoke 60 6.5, still stout enough, just a little smoother feel

the 95-105 swing - you mean the smoke 6.0, correct?

thx

Can any of you that have received your pre-orders (TS2 or TS3) weigh a head and let me know the head weight and what gram sole weight is in it?

From my understanding the TS3 head without weights is about 2-3 grams heavier than the 917d3. They shaved some material off the crown and face, but added weight in the back of the club.

12g came standard in the 917. 11g comes standard in the TS.

Anyone been able to demo the 80g Smoke?

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

Titleist recommending a +2grm increase CG weight if you order ½" shorter than standard at 45".

Shouldn't that be +6grm increase (½" = 3 SW points, 1 SW = 2grm) ? :stop:

I would like to sort this out as well, because it makes no sense. It should be 6 grams, but in Titleist fitting document it says 2?!

Do you trust your fitting?

I’ve done two completely different fittings for TS drivers at two different places for two different fitters. Both outside and both with Trackman. I’ve done the tests incognito and only answered all the questions from the fitter.

Both fitters said I was quite easy to fit because it was quite obvious what I should have?!

I play to hcp 4, have a smooth swing of 105Mph in average.

First fitter placed me in TS2 8.5 with Evenflow White 6.5, 44.5” B1 setting.

Second fitter placed me in TS3 10.5 with Smoke 6.0, fade weight, 45” and A1 setting.

Are you confused? Imagine what I feel! :-D

I’ve done two completely different fittings for TS drivers at two different places for two different fitters. Both outside and both with Trackman. I’ve done the tests incognito and only answered all the questions from the fitter.

Both fitters said I was quite easy to fit because it was quite obvious what I should have?!

First fitter placed me in TS2 8.5 with Evenflow White 6.5 neutral weight, 44.5” B1 setting.

Second fitter placed me in TS3 10.5 with Smoke 6.0, fade weight, 45” and A1 setting.

The only thing I can think of is the first time a round you were hitting it high and spinning it hard. Maybe hitting into a wind.

Second time around not so much of the first time. All I can say is look at your numbers and go with what makes YOU happy.

But ya thos are pretty much worlds apart on fittings.

I've done two completely different fittings for TS drivers at two different places for two different fitters. Both outside and both with Trackman. I've done the tests incognito and only answered all the questions from the fitter.

First fitter placed me in TS2 8.5 with Evenflow White 6.5, 44.5" B1 setting.

Second fitter placed me in TS3 10.5 with Smoke 6.0, fade weight, 45" and A1 setting.

Fitting is half snake oil half legit

I'd guess one of those guys was the oil salesman

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

You think TS2 and TS3 is just a new name for D2 and D3?

Think again :-)

I took this picture in fitting today, I think it speaks for itself.

This is 917 D2 vs TS2. Bulge and roll deluxe. I think Titleist did the right thing with "resetting" their driver market.

it basically saying TM twist face is all marketing.

I've done two completely different fittings for TS drivers at two different places for two different fitters. Both outside and both with Trackman. I've done the tests incognito and only answered all the questions from the fitter.

First fitter placed me in TS2 8.5 with Evenflow White 6.5, 44.5" B1 setting.

Second fitter placed me in TS3 10.5 with Smoke 6.0, fade weight, 45" and A1 setting.

That's a bit scary.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

Had my "Titleist Thursday" fitting yesterday. Gotta say, the TS3 is without a doubt the best looking, feeling, sounding, and performing diver I've ever hit. Ordered TS3 8.5* w/ Hzrdus Smoke 60g 6.5 @ 45", +2 grams in the head, A1 setting, Surefit CG in the Draw setting. Final numbers were 118-119 SS, 173-174 BS, 2500-2900 Spin, 10-12* Launch.

Quick synopsis of how the fitting went, if interested:

Started with TS3 9.5* EF White 6.5 all neutral settings, shaft was too stiff/ no kick, couldn't find the middle of the face consistently. Switched to Hzrdus Smoke same head, much better feel/ kick in this shaft, but still hitting lots of high spiny fades. Fitter switched me to TS2 8.5* head, which I didn't like the look of, but I started finding the center and ball flight straightened out a bit. Mentioned that the 45.5" length felt too long, they had same shaft in 45" playing length so we switched to it. Now finding center face consistently with a baby fade - SS 114, BS 165's, Launch 13*, 3400ish, AoA -2. Fitter said he thought that was about as good as we could do but something just didn't feel right - i didnt feel like i was releasing the head properly and couldn't "turn it over", the flight just looked too weak to me. Asked him to stick the TS3 8.5* head on to see if we could pull some spin off and also asked for the Surefit CG to be set to draw to see if that would help get us the right to left flight I wanted. *Here's what I think was the most important adjustment we made in the fitting*... when he was flipping the weight, I asked if Titleist would put a heavier Surefit CG weight to increase SW since we were going 1/2" shorter than standard. He had an "aha moment" and said that he had heavier weights in his kit. We added 2 grams bringing SW back up to D4, Set CG to draw, A1 hosel and, from that moment on, I proceeded to absolutely punish the golf ball!!! SS increased 4-5 mph, AoA went to +1, I was properly releasing the head, started hitting tight draws, and knocked 700-800 rpm spin off the TS2 setup.

JUST GOES TO SHOW THE IMPORTANCE OF TAKING THE TIME TO GET PROPERLY FIT. ALSO, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS AND "TALK OUT LOUD" WHEN WORKING WITH YOUR FITTER.