Tensei Pro Red Reviews

Morry

Looking for insight into this profile and anyone who has tested it

I struggle with a naturally lower launch and spin swing and hence need help on both aspects

Thinking this could be my unicorn

Love the Pro Orange and White for instance, but really struggle to get suitable launch and/or spin over 2000 with them on a regular basis

Pro blue just doesn't suit my profile wise for some reason

Would love to hear any experience with it

appreciated

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had 11 customers move into it recently. Hopefully some will give feedback.

I’m interested to get their feedback. Do you know what shaft they moved from prior to the red? I found the pro orange to be too low launching and spinning for me.

Callaway Rogue w/ Diamana DF 60TX<br />Cobra king Ltd 3 wood w/ tensei pro blue 70s<br />Cobra king utility black<br />Srixon z785 w/ Nippon modus 120s 4-p<br

We've had 11 customers move into it recently. Hopefully some will give feedback.

I’m interested to get their feedback. Do you know what shaft they moved from prior to the red? I found the pro orange to be too low launching and spinning for me.

It's a shaft for guys who want some elevation on the driver. It also isn't very high spin compared to what we thought it would be. Certainly not in the same realm as pro orange, but similar to pro blue.

Im interested to get their feedback. Do you know what shaft they moved from prior to the red? I found the pro orange to be too low launching and spinning for me.

It's a shaft for guys who want some elevation on the driver. It also isn't very high spin compared to what we thought it would be. Certainly not in the same realm as pro orange, but similar to pro blue.

Nice. Wonder if I could go down in loft in my driver to cut some spin and keep a high launch then. Sounds like it might be more of an AD DI in the tensei world.

Callaway Rogue w/ Diamana DF 60TX<br />Cobra king Ltd 3 wood w/ tensei pro blue 70s<br />Cobra king utility black<br />Srixon z785 w/ Nippon modus 120s 4-p<br

Hopefully I can turn it over easier than the pro orange as well. Couldn’t draw that shaft to save my life!

It's incredibly smooth but not loose. However it does have a pronounced kick to it and quick tempos or very late release players can hook it at times. It's best for the player who wants some elevation without a ton of spin, smooth feel with stability, and a more even tempo.

The EI Chart is pretty strange. If taken at face value it has an extremely similar tip section to the Blue with a large bump in stiffness right at the end, a firmer mid section, and a softer butt section. All of that SHOULD lead to a higher bend point and lower launch/spin characteristics.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

My take: Stiff tip for spin control. Soft mid for launch. Soft butt for feel. The White and Red appear to have similar tip and butt stiffness with opposite mid-sections.MCA are masters at creating different feel/load patterns in their golf shafts yet provide outstanding performance.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Hopefully I can turn it over easier than the pro orange as well. Couldn't draw that shaft to save my life!

It's incredibly smooth but not loose. However it does have a pronounced kick to it and quick tempos or very late release players can hook it at times. It's best for the player who wants some elevation without a ton of spin, smooth feel with stability, and a more even tempo.

How does this shaft compare to the Even Flow Max Carry?

I’m interested in how similar it is to the ‘ilima. 80 grams might be nice in the fairways.

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

• 3 weeks later...

Just shafted up my pro red 70TX in my rogue driver. I’ll give some feedback hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning if anyone is interested

Any thoughts on how it went?

looking for more feedback on this shaft for sure

thanks

Loved it. Launched about 2 degrees higher and spin about 300 more than my pro orange I had before. I’m not a high spin player so this actually helped me. Much easier to turn over instead of the pro orange which I couldn’t draw if I had to. Ended up selling and trying to get a 60 gram though. Great feeling but 70 is too heavy for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Any more thoughts or experiences or updates here?

very interested

appreciated

I gamed the Tensei CK Pro Red 70 9 rounds total as well as a stint on launch monitor. It’s in my Mizuno ST180 5-wood. I’m new to a 5-wood, finally retired my 2 & 3 iron replacing w/3H and 5W. The ST180 came new w/oe version Tensei Blue. Seeking improved dispersion, higher launch and better control, my favor would be Matrix White Tie. I play Red Tie 6Q4 in driver, 7Q4 in 3-wood. I really like those shafts. I also have a Tensei Pro Blue 60 I occasionally fit in driver when I’m playing in wind and/or high elevation.

I personally think the Tensei red is ideally suited for fairway woods, especially folks that produce a lot of spin and/or seeking relatively low spin. For me, age 54 w/104-105 club speed and my desire for soft landing, it’s not ideal. I would also say it lacks the feel of the Matrix. It’s not wooden feel, just not as smooth as the good Matrix. My club builder was able to find an nos Matrix 70X4 White Tie and fitted to a new Mizuno adapter. I then took a turn on launch monitor swapping between Tensei Red & 70X4. This was on indoor monitor located at approximately 4500ft elevation. Comparing results, club head, ball speed and launch angle were all nearly identical. Carry was slightly favoring the 70X4@234 while Red 70 was 231...negligible imo. Total distance however favored the Red 70 by 6 yds. Why? Spin rate on 70X4 was consistently 3400-3450. The Red 70 never exceeded 2850. For my needs, the 70X4 just works better and I’ve not refitted the Red 70.

If your goal is reduced spin or youthink <3000rpm is better for your game, it’s a really nice shaft. Dispersion was very tight, shots never ballooned and was always highly controllable. The only other shaft I have extensive experience with in a fairway wood is the Tour AD50 I originally played in my 3 wood. I did not like that shaft, both for dispersion and controllability. I constantly struggled hitting low power draw, could not hit a fade with that shaft to save my life.

Hope that helps a bit.

very interested

appreciated

I gamed the Tensei CK Pro Red 70 9 rounds total as well as a stint on launch monitor. It’s in my Mizuno ST180 5-wood. I’m new to a 5-wood, finally retired my 2 & 3 iron replacing w/3H and 5W. The ST180 came new w/oe version Tensei Blue. Seeking improved dispersion, higher launch and better control, my favor would be Matrix White Tie. I play Red Tie 6Q4 in driver, 7Q4 in 3-wood. I really like those shafts. I also have a Tensei Pro Blue 60 I occasionally fit in driver when I’m playing in wind and/or high elevation.

I personally think the Tensei red is ideally suited for fairway woods, especially folks that produce a lot of spin and/or seeking relatively low spin. For me, age 54 w/104-105 club speed and my desire for soft landing, it’s not ideal. I would also say it lacks the feel of the Matrix. It’s not wooden feel, just not as smooth as the good Matrix. My club builder was able to find an nos Matrix 70X4 White Tie and fitted to a new Mizuno adapter. I then took a turn on launch monitor swapping between Tensei Red & 70X4. This was on indoor monitor located at approximately 4500ft elevation. Comparing results, club head, ball speed and launch angle were all nearly identical. Carry was slightly favoring the 70X4@234 while Red 70 was 231...negligible imo. Total distance however favored the Red 70 by 6 yds. Why? Spin rate on 70X4 was consistently 3400-3450. The Red 70 never exceeded 2850. For my needs, the 70X4 just works better and I’ve not refitted the Red 70.

If your goal is reduced spin or youthink <3000rpm is better for your game, it’s a really nice shaft. Dispersion was very tight, shots never ballooned and was always highly controllable. The only other shaft I have extensive experience with in a fairway wood is the Tour AD50 I originally played in my 3 wood. I did not like that shaft, both for dispersion and controllability. I constantly struggled hitting low power draw, could not hit a fade with that shaft to save my life.

Hope that helps a bit.

It Does

I am as interested in it from a spin perspective as a launch perspective

Considering it for a driver as much or more than my 3 wood

stuck on the EVO 3 or 4 stiff for the fairways for me and they work magic for my swing and release

tried the pro orange and it had neither the spin or launch i need unless i stayed "T100-on-it", which will never last through a round

ProBlue just didn't seem to suit either

Wondering if Chemical just doesn't have a shaft that suits my low spin swing at this point

appreciated

very interested

appreciated

Hope that helps a bit.

It Does

stuck on the EVO 3 or 4 stiff for the fairways for me and they work magic for my swing and release

tried the pro orange and it had neither the spin or launch i need unless i stayed "T100-on-it", which will never last through a round

Wondering if Chemical just doesn't have a shaft that suits my low spin swing at this point

appreciated

I believe the Blue Pro is defined by MCA as low-mid launch, low spin while the Orange Pro is simply a counterweighted version of Blue. I'm not absolutely certain of this, check with your club maker, but if true, that's a quite different profile than Red Pro. In my experience, they are very different profile shafts, although I've personally never used both in a similar head. I would consider the Red Pro a possible very good candidate for what you're seeking in a driver shaft. It is definitely a mid-high launch, mid-low spin shaft. I would think in a modern very low spin driver head it could produce a desired 2400-ish spin rate from a swing that is speed limited and struggles to produce spin. It's certainly worth a try if your clubmaker has a shaft setup for demo w/adapter tip for your driver head. With Matrix shuttered, they likely are not an option but the White Tie would be comparable launch w/15-20% higher spin. Another candidate might be the Kuro Kage Black which I have a few mates gaming in 3-woods w/good results. Best of luck to you.

very interested

appreciated

Hope that helps a bit.

It Does

appreciated

I believe the Blue Pro is defined by MCA as low-mid launch, low spin while the Orange Pro is simply a counterweighted version of Blue. I'm not absolutely certain of this, check with your club maker, but if true, that's a quite different profile than Red Pro. In my experience, they are very different profile shafts, although I've personally never used both in a similar head. I would consider the Red Pro a possible very good candidate for what you're seeking in a driver shaft. It is definitely a mid-high launch, mid-low spin shaft. I would think in a modern very low spin driver head it could produce a desired 2400-ish spin rate from a swing that is speed limited and struggles to produce spin. It's certainly worth a try if your clubmaker has a shaft setup for demo w/adapter tip for your driver head. With Matrix shuttered, they likely are not an option but the White Tie would be comparable launch w/15-20% higher spin. Another candidate might be the Kuro Kage Black which I have a few mates gaming in 3-woods w/good results. Best of luck to you.

The Orange profile is closer to the White than the Blue in both pro and non-pro versions. Based on the specs and EI profile, the Red Pro and Blue Pro look to be redundantly close.

Morry, non pro Tensei blue or Tensei Pro Red would be the Mitsubishi shafts that best suit your swing. The rest are just too low spin.

Really? My ST180 5-wood came originally w/OE version Tensei Blue. I assume this is considered the "non-Pro" It looks very similar to the Tensei Blue I have for my driver but lacks the "boron tip" text located in lower 3rd of shaft. Regardless, I would not consider that shaft comparable to Tensei Pro Red. Maybe similar spin rate, though I doubt that. The launch profile is very different. The Pro Red is noticeably higher launch but retains its trajectory. The OE Blue flights considerably lower at launch but then ramps up considerably suggesting much higher spin rate. More importantly, that shaft was very inconsistent and lacked the control of the Red Pro. The OE shaft was labeled as S by Mizuno and/or MCA. I never had it frequency tested. The Tensei Pro Red I formerly had in same club was built to 265CPM. I would consider the OE Tensei Blue a subpar performing shaft, even by OE standards.