G400 Max...Holy Cow!!!

drumdude96

I've been playing the Ping G400 Max this season. Had used Ping Drivers for years but last year used a M1. The G400 Max is easily more forgiving to the point that my playing partners commented on how I am usually the one in the fairway. I've been using the Tour 65 Stiff but my bad shot is a fade (have always drawn the ball so it has been hard to adjust). Just switched to an Evenflow blue shaft and switched to the small + and now feel much more comfortable with the desired baby draw.

Just ordered one. Should be here Thursday !

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

My G400 Max has been better than my old driver but not quite the silver bullet I was hoping for. My miss is low and left so I had the setting on the small + for extra loft even though that closes the face because I launch it too low.

I realised that I was teeing it too low and hitting it low in the face. I teed it higher and changed the setting to the small minus. This opens the face and makes it look almost like a low offset iron where the face is almost in line with the shaft.

Instant straight high bombs and the low hook bad swing has turned into a high draw. Happy happy turkey.

Have most of you G400 max users experienced a higher ball flight? I was a long time 9 degree driver user and went to 10.5 the last few years. From what I have gathered, it sounds like I would be better off going back to 9 since this seems to launch a bit higher.

A lot of people have reported that. One variable to keep in mind is whether your miss tends to be left or right. If it's left then lofting down the 10.5 might be preferable, if it's right then lofting up the 9.

Have most of you G400 max users experienced a higher ball flight? I was a long time 9 degree driver user and went to 10.5 the last few years. From what I have gathered, it sounds like I would be better off going back to 9 since this seems to launch a bit higher.

A lot of people have reported that. One variable to keep in mind is whether your miss tends to be left or right. If it's left then lofting down the 10.5 might be preferable, if it's right then lofting up the 9.

Yes I found it launched real high in comparison to my old 9* Epic SZ. My miss is a slice so I lofted up my 9* Max, changed the shaft and had good results but still quite a high ball flight and very little roll out if any at all. I recently lofted the MAX down to 8.4* and now focus on striking the ball at 7 o'clock and its added allot more distance and nice drawing medium ball flight. The thing feels automatic now.

Just ordered one. Should be here Thursday !

I ordered one yesterday as well. I played the best golf of my life with the Ping G2 and I'm hoping to get that back again. The reviews on this driver are hard to ignore. I'm still keeping the Wishon and the M1 very close, but I"m excited to try the Max. Good luck with yours!

I started this season with the 10 g400 lst turned down to 9. Center strikes were great but my miss which is high toe with an in to out path was a out of bounds hook every time. I also found the lst head to be very sensitive on strike for what spin I would get. It could spike up at times even with a good strike.

I decided to take a chance and traded for a 9 g400 max head and it was the best thing I ever did. I have it set to 8. I do not know if I just got a really good head or what but my launch is down, spin is down and much more consistent. This thing just wants to go straight. I can honestly say that this head has corrected my miss so it stays in play and I do not feel like I have lost any distance compared to the lst. if you can find center every time then g400 lst all day. If you cant then g400 max all day.

One other thing to note is people have said they do not like the sound of the max over the other g400's. I am very picky about sound and don't mind it at all. Very similar to the g400 lst. One thing I do not know is if my max had has hotmelt or not. It quite possibly could explaining the spin and sound I am getting.

I was worried about this as well. My all-time favorite driver was a G10 that I had custom fit. The fitter advised me to request a 10.5* digitally lofted head and said it would likely come in stamped as a 9* because PING understated their lofts.

I don't think it's as prevalent these days with the adjustable heads, a probably still exists to an extent. I ended up buying a 10.5*. It's long and straight but was going VERY high. I have it turned down to the small -. It still goes much higher than other drivers I"ve owned but carries forever.

It's fine this time of year where the winds are light. The big test will be next spring. The wind typically blows 15-20mph and a lot of spring days it's closer to 30.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

I was worried about this as well. My all-time favorite driver was a G10 that I had custom fit. The fitter advised me to request a 10.5* digitally lofted head and said it would likely come in stamped as a 9* because PING understated their lofts.

I don't think it's as prevalent these days with the adjustable heads, a probably still exists to an extent. I ended up buying a 10.5*. It's long and straight but was going VERY high. I have it turned down to the small -. It still goes much higher than other drivers I"ve owned but carries forever.

It's fine this time of year where the winds are light. The big test will be next spring. The wind typically blows 15-20mph and a lot of spring days it's closer to 30.

8 degrees and low spin x stiff shaft and you will be fine. Gotta take out the stock shaft. I can post some launch numbers comparing but if u can hit a t1100 high at 8 degrees your a beast

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I just joined the club thanks to a few trusted Ho’s

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I just joined the club thanks to a few trusted Hos

What shaft did u put in there?

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I just joined the club thanks to a few trusted Ho’s

What shaft did u put in there?

I’m going to put a tour AD IZ 60 in it soon

I played my first round with the G400 max today. I don't understand what all the buzz is about. It was ok. I didn't find it particularly long or forgiving compared to my latest drivers. Maybe takes some getting used to but didn't find it anything special. I am a big Ping fan and wanted to love it but just didn't see it.

I played my first round with the G400 max today. I don't understand what all the buzz is about. It was ok. I didn't find it particularly long or forgiving compared to my latest drivers. Maybe takes some getting used to but didn't find it anything special. I am a big Ping fan and wanted to love it but just didn't see it.

Shaft is important and most seem to have to tee it higher then normal. Think higher on the face shots lower the spin. Also a low spin ball and shaft.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

There's always hype here. But in truth most modern drivers are more similar than different.

I have a G400 Max and like it a lot, but I also liked my previous Callaway Fusion and before that my Cobra LTD.

My LM numbers are similar for all of them.

On course, I've hit some of my longest recent drives with the Ping, but no longer than I have before.

It's all about the strike.

The GMax may be a little more forgiving, but the others were no slouch.

I'd only expect drastic differences if your previous driver was utterly wrong for you.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

There's always hype here. But in truth most modern drivers are more similar than different.

I have a G400 Max and like it a lot, but I also liked my previous Callaway Fusion and before that my Cobra LTD.

On course, I've hit some of my longest recent drives with the Ping, but no longer than I have before.

I'd only expect drastic differences if your previous driver was utterly wrong for you.

This.

Plus I'm a huge fan of simple designs that look advanced. Flat black, silver and copper, visible CG/aero tech that's not painted Neon. I like all my clubs to have that stealth,advanced feel. G400 max looks the part, and performs as well as any other.

This.

Plus I'm a huge fan of simple designs that look advanced. Flat black, silver and copper, visible CG/aero tech that's not painted Neon. I like all my clubs to have that stealth,advanced feel. G400 max looks the part, and performs as well as any other.

G400 Max is a little longer with much better dispersion than my Epic Sub Zero.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Driver | 10.5° set to 9.75° & 1.5° open Ventus Blue
Callaway Epic Speed | 16.5° | Ventus Red

Callaway Epic Max | 20° | Graphite Design Tour AD DJ
Ping G410 3H | 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Srixon ZX4/ZX5 | 5I-6I / 7I-PW LAGP Tour AXS Blue 105

Callaway Rogue ST Pro | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Raw Black | 54° & 58° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Bettinardi BB8 Tri Carbon Candy  | Stability Graphite or TaylorMade Spider X Chalk  | Stability Tour

The driver is one of the better drivers in recent times.

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

The driver is one of the better in recent time

I think this statement sums it up perfectly. I have been playing a standard G 30 10 1/2° regular flex for the last four seasons. Today at my course I demoed a G 400 max 10.5 regular. I compared both clubs head to head on several holes. What was most remarkable to me was the difference in forgiveness. I consider the G 30 a fairly forgiving driver but the G 400 max was in a completely different league. I was concerned that I would not like the sound of the G 400 max, but I found it to be better sounding then the G 30 and actually objectively pretty good sounding. Very solid club.

there is an amateur in Canada called Chris Chrisologo. He played in the Canadian Open this summer and he had an official stats drive over 360 yards.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/golf/article-bc-amateur-chris-crisologo-turning-heads-at-rbc-canadian-open/

He is phenomenal long and a very good player all round, he won the Vancouver Open and the BC Amateur. I personally saw him hit drives over 330, this is at sea level and wet fairways so real power. I expect him to turn pro. He plays a Ping driver, I didn't get a real close look but I believe it was the G400 max. Doesnt Brooke Henderson play one as well?

Doesnt Brooke Henderson play one as well?

She plays the G400. Here is here setup:

0855c026b5bde65ee669b26fae3d6289.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

This.

I'm all for the look of these drivers, but I dont really see how you can say it's a simple design. It has a large profile and the dragonfly tech all over the crown. I'm not arguing that it doesn't have all types of neon on it, but this is far from simple.

Pick up a cobra LTD black...that's simple.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

I have had a G400 Max for a while. Before that I had an Epic Sub Zero. The Max is not the longest driver I’ve ever hit but it’s still close enough. However it’s definitely the straightest driver I’ve hit. M

My SS is about 100-104, and I use a Tensei white S. I also have a Tensei orange X but I hit the white better. My friend (115+ SS) hit my max with the orange and was very accurate with it—he’s normally pretty wild. He was able to get a G400 LST head on the cheap but he wasn’t nearly as accurate with that. He finally bit the bullet and got the Max and is hitting a LOT more fairways.