Maltby TS2

Popeye64

21 hours ago, naj959 said:

@kleydejong Please keep us posted on how the STh2 hybrid performs. I'm a big fan of the look, minus the yellow dot. Looks a lot like a ping to me. I'm still mulling over the idea of have a shootout between it and a Hyway

It was a gift to my brother in law.  He received it today.  We went to the range for an hour.  He was very excited with its performance.  He is a very high speed player that has very little accuracy or short game.  This club will be a real winner for him.  He needs something that he can play as a reliable tee shot on a shorter par 4, as well as a club he can play off the ground when he duck hooks a drive into the crap.  It did both with ease.  I didn't have a launch monitor to capture any data, but he was flying well past the 200* stick with range balls. 

I hit a few myself.  If it were me I would paint fill the dot.  But the wings are nice and definitely give a ping vibe.  The shape of the head is awesome.  Moderately sized.  I like that it doesn't have offset like the TC Tour I have.  The sound was a bit more 'classic' with plenty of ting.  Not much like my TaylorMade SIM driver that reminds me of a wooden baseball bat crack.  I like the sound but don't love. 

I have found this part of my bag to be tough to get comfortable.  I really need a proper fitting for these clubs.  Last fall I had a 20 yard difference between a new Mizuno 19* and a new Callaway 19* related to spin and launch conditions.  So for me I would want to see some numbers before I commit.  But my overall thought is very good. 

I continue to be quite amazed at the ST lineup as a whole. 

• Thanks 1

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS - 8*

Woods - Cobra LTDx 14*

Hybrids - Ping G425 19, 22, 26, 30

Irons - Maltby KE4 Max 8-GW

Wedges - Maltby TSW 54, 60

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X Armlock

My WITB Shenanigans

Another round with the PTM5 has ne standing over 6-7' putts like i can't miss. 

Everyone in a while a club will shock me at its performance. The TSW DRM has been my work horse since it hit the bag. Does everything i ask without any drama. I use it on almost every hole. But it wasn't a shock. 

The HYWAY 21 has had a learning curve and for me it's just stop swinging so friggen hard and the club WORKS.  No big surprise there. 

But the PTM5 is that surprise club. Low MOI and I expected a blade like performance but NO. I have not had this much confidence standing over a putt in decades, if ever. I honestly feel like every putt I roll has more than a good chance to drop. This PTM5 setup is unique but it's awesome

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Another round with the PTM5 has ne standing over 6-7' putts like i can't miss. 

Everyone in a while a club will shock me at its performance. The TSW DRM has been my work horse since it hit the bag. Does everything i ask without any drama. I use it on almost every hole. But it wasn't a shock. 

The HYWAY 21 has had a learning curve and for me it's just stop swinging so friggen hard and the club WORKS.  No big surprise there. 

But the PTM5 is that surprise club. Low MOI and I expected a blade like performance but NO. I have not had this much confidence standing over a putt in decades, if ever. I honestly feel like every putt I roll has more than a good chance to drop. This PTM5 setup is unique but it's awesome

D..n you....  I might just have to get one😀, which would leave only 1 non-Maltby club in my bag - the TM 3h, which doesn’t get too much use anyway (did anyone say HYWAY or KE4 TC)?  

• Like 1

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

3 hours ago, stasek said:

D..n you....  I might just have to get one😀, which would leave only 1 non-Maltby club in my bag - the TM 3h, which doesn’t get too much use anyway (did anyone say HYWAY or KE4 TC)?  

Well the HYWAY is also a KE4 TC. I have the 21. Once I stopped swinging like an idiot it works extremely well. As a matter of fact an almost lazy swing gets amazing results. 

But the PTM5 could be stamped with any high end label and you wouldn't blink at paying $400 for it. For $79  it's a steal. A club pak can be had for $109 which is insane. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 10:16 AM, TallGuy90 said:

Any luck ?

Yes. Got it in on the 21st and left for the beach for a week 2 days later. So haven't had a chance to really hit it yet. I have swung it a bunch inside hitting foam balls and in the yard hitting birdie balls. It feels great!! I did hit a few balls into my sons baseball net that were marked with a sharpie so I could check out my dynamic lie. Looks to be perfect. I've got a round this Sunday and plan to hit the range before hand to further test the lie. Once I get that squared away, and as long as something weird doesn't come up hitting on the range, I'm going to pull the trigger on a full set. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jae783 said:

I took the color off on the badge. Its a really soft metal piece and scratches easily. I started this because one of my irons already lost some paint. The paint on the graphics is not well protected and gets damaged easily. I tried one with sand paper and noticed the sandpaper was too aggressive even wet sanding. I used some paint remover to try and soften the paint first but I'm not sure it did anything.  I taped off the rest of the club and used 0000 steel wool to take off the color. If you look closely you can see the scratch marks from the steel wool but I'm happy with the overall look. 

PXL_20210522_234605754.jpg

PXL_20210523_044017376.jpg

Wow... I love how you kept the Forged and the TS-2.. I really think it totally changes the look. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply games. Here is the rest of my bag minus the 4,5,7 the heads are pulled. I kind of like the white numbers compared to blue, but will keep the silver fill on the logo and bottom line. Also included the tsi2 bag. Note 9-56 are shafted 1050gh 6i Fugikura pro i63 hard stepped regular shaft with DriTac lite grips total weight 350 gr comes to D2 SW perfect for my 80mph 6i

• Like 1

Never buy aluminum ferrules from eBay going to sell these clubs gap thru 4 love them played down to a 14 last year with these, most strokes on the green hahaha, I have over 200 into these so 100 plus shipping would be a steal. Winn LT Grips 43gr if you put a 23 gr Winn lite they will SW @ D0/D2 the shafts are Cobra iron shafts (i63 Fugikura pro awesome shafts FTM)I picked up from eBay roughly 10 a piece grips 10 you do the math . Why not buy aluminum ferrules, they scratch easily my picture includes the ferrule fitted to the shaft without polishing just a 600 grit wet sand, I’m just like you guys or at least some old (60) post second lumbar fusion February 17 2021 looking for an outlet since I can’t golf. Popeye not trying to complete, but I am a tinker and have found what works for me and Maltby you guys are awesome Although the DBM’s are more difficult to play I am waiting for the next generation Maltby with some i63 cobra iron shafts in wait I will put some bb&f ferrules on for sure! Combo set with ts3 to s a

FE235842-4ECD-41C1-B48E-3DB4775AC7C0.jpeg

Edited by rbrdmkr

14 hours ago, rbrdmkr said:

Never buy aluminum ferrules from eBay going to sell these clubs gap thru 4 love them played down to a 14 last year with these, most strokes on the green hahaha, I have over 200 into these so 100 plus shipping would be a steal. Winn LT Grips 43gr if you put a 23 gr Winn lite they will SW @ D0/D2 the shafts are Cobra iron shafts (i63 Fugikura pro awesome shafts FTM)I picked up from eBay roughly 10 a piece grips 10 you do the math . Why not buy aluminum ferrules, they scratch easily my picture includes the ferrule fitted to the shaft without polishing just a 600 grit wet sand, I’m just like you guys or at least some old (60) post second lumbar fusion February 17 2021 looking for an outlet since I can’t golf. Popeye not trying to complete, but I am a tinker and have found what works for me and Maltby you guys are awesome Although the DBM’s are more difficult to play I am waiting for the next generation Maltby with some i63 cobra iron shafts in wait I will put some bb&f ferrules on for sure! Combo set with ts3 to s a

FE235842-4ECD-41C1-B48E-3DB4775AC7C0.jpeg

I didn't even know aluminum ferruls were a thing. They have to weigh more than the plastic ferruls. Any idea what they weigh?

18 hours ago, rbrdmkr said:

I’m tempted to buy the XII  putter in the club pack 10 off no assembly charge it would put me closer to an all Maltby bag less fairways and hybrid, and one bag it?

I picked one of these up on the bay about 6 weeks ago. Took me awhile to dial it in. Ball comes hot off the face so I had to adjust my sledge hammer swing pace. 

The alignment aid works great and now I'm liking this putter alot.

Screaming deal on these right now.

15 hcp

Got the chance to test my DBM 7i at the range and on the course over the weekend. With the FST Pro 125 shaft it's definitely high launching. But that doesn't bother me. Even with the higher launch I'm still getting easily 10+ yards out of it versus my old 7i. Feels REALLY good as well. Going to pull the trigger on a full 4-PW set this week. 

• Like 2