2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

I was into them until I saw the cartoony number stamping on the sole and the notch on the toe with whatever they shoved in there.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was into them until I saw the cartoony number stamping on the sole and the notch on the toe with whatever they shoved in there.

the number on the sole is the same as the one on the last 4 sets of irons i think... same as the ones on my iBlades... so not anything new (at least it doesnt look different to me) but I didnt really pay much attention

that THING shoved in there is THE LATEST high tech invention... I believe the code name before the pattent is obtained is "Skroo"

Dude, you play MP4s... anything that isnt a butterknife is going to look hideous to you... you play what is arguably the prettiest iron ever created... Us mere mortals cannot do that...

the reason I want these is because they look more like what you play with more like what i need to play built in...

GO AWAY.... j/k

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Classic WRX. The ol' I loved these golf clubs until I saw the font on the bottom. No sale.

I think "Classic WRX" is actually complaining about someone else's opinion you don't like. Could be wrong...

Titleist ProV1x

the number on the sole is the same as the one on the last 4 sets of irons i think... same as the ones on my iBlades... so not anything new (at least it doesnt look different to me) but I didnt really pay much attention

that THING shoved in there is THE LATEST high tech invention... I believe the code name before the pattent is obtained is "Skroo"

Dude, you play MP4s... anything that isnt a butterknife is going to look hideous to you... you play what is arguably the prettiest iron ever created... Us mere mortals cannot do that...

the reason I want these is because they look more like what you play with more like what i need to play built in...

GO AWAY.... j/k

Yeah, I just see them wanting to do something here that is different - forged club, and an attempt at a clean look. I just don't get why they would keep the back clean and have an eyesore on the sole. Not saying they won't be great irons, but a blade is blade is a blade. They all do the same things, so I would just pick the one that looks best. The appearance of these just leaves me scratching my head a little.

Titleist ProV1x

Classic WRX. The ol' I loved these golf clubs until I saw the font on the bottom. No sale.

I think "Classic WRX" is actually complaining about someone else's opinion you don't like. Could be wrong...

Fractal Classic WRX

GO AWAY.... j/k

Yeah, I just see them wanting to do something here that is different - forged club, and an attempt at a clean look. I just don't get why they would keep the back clean and have an eyesore on the sole. Not saying they won't be great irons, but a blade is blade is a blade. They all do the same things, so I would just pick the one that looks best. The appearance of these just leaves me scratching my head a little.

Well, I love the sole...but like others have said...it appears to be identical to the iblade and i200's as well.

GO AWAY.... j/k

Well, I love the sole...but like others have said...it appears to be identical to the iblade and i200's as well.

All great irons. I can see them being an aesthetic match for the 200's, although they seemed out of place to me with the iBlade as well.

PING iron players are kind of like Mizuno and Titleist players. You could tie a rock to a stick and chip the company name into them and those guys are still going to buy them. I'm operating under the assumption that PING was trying to appeal to a broader audience with this kind of forged blade offering. Most blade guys look for a minimal amount of stamping, and low profile at that. Again, some of the markings just confuse me. I'm not saying they aren't a great iron, just that if I could buy a blade that looks the way I want it to, and does the same thing (as they all do), why wouldn't I?

Titleist ProV1x

It's a true blade, except it's bigger heel to toe, thicker sole, a screw in the toe, hollow, has more offset, only the face is forged, it's extremely forgiving, and you can hit it off the toe and still feel your hands. Other than that, true blade (no offense MadGolfer; I am a big fan of your posts).

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

GO AWAY.... j/k

All great irons. I can see them being an aesthetic match for the 200's, although they seemed out of place to me with the iBlade as well.

PING iron players are kind of like Mizuno and Titleist players. You could tie a rock to a stick and chip the company name into them and those guys are still going to buy them. I'm operating under the assumption that PING was trying to appeal to a broader audience with this kind of forged blade offering. I?

Yes. Trying to appeal to the audience that loves the look, but doesn’t want to play what you have in the bag.

It is NOT a blade. Not meant to be one. Just meant to be perdy like one.

And I’m that ping guy you were making fun of.

I would be the same way about mizzy if I could play em.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Yes. Trying to appeal to the audience that loves the look, but doesn’t want to play what you have in the bag.

I wasn't making fun of anyone really; certainly not Ping guys any more than Mizuno or Titleist players. I get that they are all hollowed out and not really a blade, but I don't see these being substantially any more forgiving than a traditional bladed iron. Seems like they would be just as hard to hit, but without that rewarding feeling when you catch one flush. Or may not...I haven't hit them.

Titleist ProV1x

I wasn't making fun of anyway really; certainly not Ping guys any more than I was Mizuno or Titleist players. I get that they are all hollowed out and not really a blade, but I don't see these being substantially any more forgiving than a traditional bladed iron. Seems like they would be just as hard to hit, but without that rewarding feeling when you catch one flush. Or may not...I haven't hit them.

I am disappointed then... I found what you said pretty damn funny about the rock on the stick... and pretty much spot on... Only reason I dont play a Ping golf ball, they dont make one, and the reason i dont use the Ping Glove, is that I sweat too much in Florida and the 22 dollar glove only lasts me about 2-3 rounds.. so I use cheap gloves...

The P790s are supposed to be relatively forgiving (have a guy that I play with couple of times a month that has a set, he is about a 7/8 capper like me) These should be about the same i would guess.

I have no issue asking Ping to put some Hotmelt or "pebax" or balata or whatever inside mine to soften the feel and get the swing weight right... but, again.. will just have to see... if not.. I guess I will have to wait until the replacement of the iBlade comes out.. hopefully it will be as perdy....

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

For those wondering where exactly the i500 fits in the iron range, just gonna leave this here...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/djkYkhgbY9z7JVPM6

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I wasn't making fun of anyway really; certainly not Ping guys any more than I was Mizuno or Titleist players. I get that they are all hollowed out and not really a blade, but I don't see these being substantially any more forgiving than a traditional bladed iron. Seems like they would be just as hard to hit, but without that rewarding feeling when you catch one flush. Or may not...I haven't hit them.

I am disappointed then... I found what you said pretty damn funny about the rock on the stick... and pretty much spot on... Only reason I dont play a Ping golf ball, they dont make one, and the reason i dont use the Ping Glove, is that I sweat too much in Florida and the 22 dollar glove only lasts me about 2-3 rounds.. so I use cheap gloves...

The P790s are supposed to be relatively forgiving (have a guy that I play with couple of times a month that has a set, he is about a 7/8 capper like me) These should be about the same i would guess.

I have no issue asking Ping to put some Hotmelt or "pebax" or balata or whatever inside mine to soften the feel and get the swing weight right... but, again.. will just have to see... if not.. I guess I will have to wait until the replacement of the iBlade comes out.. hopefully it will be as perdy....

I just sold my p790 and I’m a 2 handicap. Loved them and they are very forgiving, just love everything about ping and just got fitted for a GMax driver. Figured it’s time to go back to my roots with either the i210 or the i500. I’m guessing that I’ll purchase the i500 but I do have a fitting scheduled this Thursday. We shall see what happens

For those wondering where exactly the i500 fits in the iron range, just gonna leave this here...

https://photos.app.g...kYkhgbY9z7JVPM6

Hmm... so more an 0311, than a 0311T.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

From my understanding yesterday Ping would except orders but won't go out until the end of the month.

thanks. Any idea on pricing?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

From my understanding yesterday Ping would except orders but won't go out until the end of the month.

It's been stated a few times in the thread already --- very similar to iBlade or P790 pricing. Around $200 Canadian/Australian, about $170 USD, in steel. Add another $20 or so per piece for graphite.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

https://photos.app.goo.gl/djkYkhgbY9z7JVPM6

Looks more promising based on that diagram rather than a replacement for the iBlades.

G400 distance in a similar forgiving package of the i210 may make my P790's take notice as that is pretty much how I view the P790's.

I'll state again, it's my opinion this iron should have been further to the right on that chart. Firmly in between the i210 and G iron. See that hole in the chart. This club should have been there. A hollow body "g" iron chassis with iblade offset.

Missed the boat Jertybird.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

It's been stated a few times in the thread already --- very similar to iBlade or P790 pricing. Around $200 Canadian/Australian, about $170 USD, in steel. Add another $20 or so per piece for graphite.

My local shop has pricing in their system they said for steel

$1299 3-PW

$1139 4-PW

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

https://photos.app.g...kYkhgbY9z7JVPM6

On that chart, the i500 looks bigger than the G700....sure hope it's not to scale. I was hoping for something closer to iBlade size. According to our pro, the rep accepted my order today but after all the secrecy, I'm not sure what to think. It may sit on his desk for another week. This reminds me of the Ping factory in the early 80's when it was run like a weapons research facility....looked like one too.

My local shop has pricing in their system they said for steel

$1299 3-PW

$1139 4-PW

Right on par with the P790s

madgolfer seems really confused

Haha. I admit it. A forged blade that isn't a blade...I may need to go for processing support in the "blades" thread.

Titleist ProV1x