In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local guy here said his demos were slated to arrive with his rep on Monday 16th.

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 49, 55, 60 ACCRA i130

Ping PLD Ally Blue 35in 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

The I500's have to be close to the same size as the G400's aren't they?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

This site is great, then it isn't.... I have been going back and forth with Will People's trying to spec out some Miura CB-1008 5-pw and an ICL 4 iron and these pop up. Guess I'll pump the brakes and demo the i500 while on vacation next week. I may have missed it as I will openly admit not reading every post on here, but are the lofts jacked to get the greater distances being reported? I personally think these look great coming from an iBlade player... the sole looks very turf friendly and the back is plain sexy!

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 49, 55, 60 ACCRA i130

Ping PLD Ally Blue 35in 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

One at adress, the i210 and i500 look almost identical to my eye.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Thanks for the GREAT pic's! Both the i210 and i500 look great and will sell very well.

I think the selling point for me is which one has less offset especially in the longer irons. I think that's where the i500 is the winner at least from the pics I have seen.

My order is in!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Looks like the I500 and I210 are the same exact size in those pictures. Even the soles look the same. Maybe a touch less offset in the 500s?

It looked that way to me. Soles did look almost exactly the same. I snapped these over lunch at my local EW, they must have just got these in today. They had two right-handed (black and orange dot) and one left-handed of each. I couldn't tell about the offset, but it did look similar. . The iblade and i200 have the same offset in the 7-PW, but the i200 has more in the mid and long irons.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

For those wondering where exactly the i500 fits in the iron range, just gonna leave this here...

https://photos.app.g...kYkhgbY9z7JVPM6

On that chart, the i500 looks bigger than the G700....sure hope it's not to scale. I was hoping for something closer to iBlade size. According to our pro, the rep accepted my order today but after all the secrecy, I'm not sure what to think. It may sit on his desk for another week. This reminds me of the Ping factory in the early 80's when it was run like a weapons research facility....looked like one too.

I'm assuming you placed the order based on the measurements of your current PING irons? Any adjustments for the i500s?

That's correct, except that I don't currently play the iBlade. We had to make some adjustments when we were advised of the very small adjustment window for swingweight on both the G700 and the i500 due to their construction. I chose to go with a 105 rather than my usual DG 125 S300 and they said that it would be difficult to keep the swingweight at D2 with my +1" length and lighter weight shaft. I asked them to do a full set swing weighting on the set at the lightest they could manage. It'll be interesting to see what they can come up with. I was able to hold the 7 iron demo head in my hand today and was pleasantly surprised with the package. It looks fantastic. It's kind of tall in the face but you don't notice it at address. Otherwise, it's beautifully scaled from all angles.

This site is great, then it isn't.... I have been going back and forth with Will People's trying to spec out some Miura CB-1008 5-pw and an ICL 4 iron and these pop up. Guess I'll pump the brakes and demo the i500 while on vacation next week. I may have missed it as I will openly admit not reading every post on here, but are the lofts jacked to get the greater distances being reported? I personally think these look great coming from an iBlade player... the sole looks very turf friendly and the back is plain sexy!

Standard loft is 30.5 for 7 iron. My 7 iron ss on trackman today was 96mph during my i500 fitting. I spun the i500s with standard loft at 6800 on average with a steep angle of decent. These things still go to the moon so have tons of stopping power. I'm extremely high spin though and have to work hard at angle of attack to reduce dynamic loft

I was highly impressed to say the least.

Ping is getting some heavy flak that they put forged on the back even though the only thing forged is the face.

Standard loft is 30.5 for 7 iron. My 7 iron ss on trackman today was 96mph during my i500 fitting. I spun the i500s with standard loft at 6800 on average with a steep angle of decent. These things still go to the moon so have tons of stopping power. I'm extremely high spin though and have to work hard at angle of attack to reduce dynamic loft

I was highly impressed to say the least.

Ping is getting some heavy flak that they put forged on the back even though the only thing forged is the face.

Well as long as the thing I am hitting is forged Im good then. I dont care if the hosel is forged lol!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Tough to tell with plastic on one club but bottom one seems to have quite a bit more offset.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

Tough to tell with plastic on one club but bottom one seems to have quite a bit more offset.

The bottom one is the i210.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

The I500's have to be close to the same size as the G400's aren't they?

Lol far from it. I500s are noticeably smaller. Them and the i210s/i200s are the same size with the i500s having less offset.

They still look big to me. Guess I'll find out soon. Maybe just the angle of the pics.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

im hating the big sole already smh

kinda wished it was thinner.

+1 except, as noted above, that's why this club will excel with toe strikes. Unfortunately, I rarely miss on the toe side of center...probably why I also prefer a blade sole. The distance and forgiveness has to come from somewhere.....otherwise, it's just another blade with no help. This club has done it all in the most compact and attractive package, from every angle, yet. I haven't heard a peep negative from anyone who's hit it.

+1 except, as noted above, that's why this club will excel with toe strikes. Unfortunately, I rarely miss on the toe side of center...probably why I also prefer a blade sole. The distance and forgiveness has to come from somewhere.....otherwise, it's just another blade with no help. This club has done it all in the most compact and attractive package, from every angle, yet. I haven't heard a peep negative from anyone who's hit it.

me neither. i dont miss on the toe with irons much. I wouldve ordered it blind if the i500 were the size of iblade. they couldve used a bit of tungsten on the toe and shrunk the sole a bit. ugh. why sooo big PING ??!!!

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Just tried them out. Will have to do it again. Played today (pretty well) and I couldn’t get one off the mat. Hope it was just one of those things. Hit the first one beautiful but only 150. My normal 7i is around 155 but anyway, the rest were straight shanks. Ewww. Hope it isn’t in my head.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

me neither. i dont miss on the toe with irons much. I wouldve ordered it blind if the i500 were the size of iblade. they couldve used a bit of tungsten on the toe and shrunk the sole a bit. ugh. why sooo big PING ??!!!

I messed with them today and I was pleasantly surprised with the size and profile. My pictures aren't very good, but for those wanting to see a few more...

I messed with them today and I was pleasantly surprised with the size and profile. My pictures aren't very good, but for those wanting to see a few more...

No.. actually theyre not good. Like at all.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

No.. actually theyre not good. Like at all.

LOL. I emailed them as the smallest size because I keep getting "file too big"... What's the best way to reduce file size from an iPhone photo? I emailed as the lowest grade and tried importing them and still too big. I have a couple that are better...marginally.