In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

i200 has a 19* 3-Iron & 45* PW

i500 has a 18* 3-Iron... safe to say PW will be 44* or 45*?

UW was 50*, W was 45*, yes

gross...

U could get them 1 or 2 weaker no?

They could be ordered that way but the CG may be such that it would launch the ball very high. Also being hollow means that there is extra distance.

My current 7i is 35* and 165, these are like 33* and 180. So I would have to get the U (50*) and expect the same distance as my 47* PW.

The numbers on the bottom of the club are not a huge deal, it is more about the gapping closer to the wedges that will get goofy

Quigley said gross....that's all

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all true. i just like that i have my distances based on the clubs i am playing dialed in. i think getting a pw that all of a sudden is 15 (made up number for illustration purposes) yards longer would be a pain.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

This is all true. i just like that i have my distances based on the clubs i am playing dialed in. i think getting a pw that all of a sudden is 15 (made up number for illustration purposes) yards longer would be a pain.

But 45 isn't horribly strong and is the distance coming from the thin, fast face with hollow construction? I'm asking, not a club guru

Also I tried the lblade....whether it was shaft, head or grips the feel wasn't where I liked....performance was very nice however.....if these or i210's are a softer feel with similar performance, they could go into my bag

Soooo, the last Ping iron played was the i10, since then I did play A4 Tour, Scratch EZ/AR mix set, and then AP2 710-716 and now the 718, but damn on looks alone Ping may have won me back.

The one thing that scares me with all these strong lofted irons is that if I were to get a new set of strong lofted irons, it would then F' up all my other clubs gapping (if a pw is around 43-44*). I'd have to get an all new set of wedge lofts for gapping, and then hybrids too would need to be changed. I'd probably have to lose either my 3 or 4 hybrid and then add an extra mid gap wedge and then carry 5 wedges due to a very strong lofted PW. That's what kinda puts me off to these "strong distance players irons". You then have to basically change 4 other clubs to adjust for the iron lofts.

Does that make sense to you guys too?

Soooo, the last Ping iron played was the i10, since then I did play A4 Tour, Scratch EZ/AR mix set, and then AP2 710-716 and now the 718, but damn on looks alone Ping may have won me back.

The one thing that scares me with all these strong lofted irons is that if I were to get a new set of strong lofted irons, it would then F' up all my other clubs gapping (if a pw is around 43-44*). I'd have to get an all new set of wedge lofts for gapping, and then hybrids too would need to be changed. I'd probably have to lose either my 3 or 4 hybrid and then add an extra mid gap wedge and then carry 5 wedges due to a very strong lofted PW. That's what kinda puts me off to these "strong distance players irons". You then have to basically change 4 other clubs to adjust for the iron lofts.

Does that make sense to you guys too?

Add +1/2" in length & drop a number stamped on bottom

6i becomes 5i UW becomes PW

Exactly the plan

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

Exactly the plan

Lie angles?

Distance consistency with hollow heads?

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

I've got no inside angles on any of this, and I'm sure Ping will have their talking points to all of it, but to me it feels like their thinking here is something like:

i200 (and presumably i210) get a lot of love, but the knock on them has been that compared to other distance players clubs they are short.

If that's what you want, here's the i500. And the price point seems in line with Apex, etc as well. Or mix them into an i2xx or iBlade where you see fit.

And there will surely be some performance or forgiveness tradeoffs between iBlade, i210, and i500. If there weren't, something would be eliminated.

If you look at G400 Max vs the rest of the driver line, sound/feel might be one of those tradeoffs. Some will care, some won't.

Exactly the plan

Lie angles? Flat- brown dot

Distance consistency with hollow heads? Hit the center

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

just got my hands on these and a quick hit with about 20 balls.

first thing i noticed was the i500 badge. don't expect to see a badge sitting in that void you see in the initial photo. it's apparent that the i500 logo was drilled out to protect its identity. the logo is simply hard stamped into the smooth surface of the club head.

its smaller than the i200 but not by much and definitely hollow head design.

i didn't notice any extra distance from the iblade but it is definitely more forgiving than the iblade. even with the i500 being forged it felt harder than the i200 and i didn't get that satisfying "crunch" feeling when i got one out the middle. however, you also dont get that horrible thump feeling when you catch one towards the toe.

a very nice club and definitely pleasing to the eye. ping have basically signed a death warrant for the iblade

first thing i noticed was the i500 badge. don't expect to see a badge sitting in that void you see in the initial photo. it's apparent that the i500 logo was drilled out to protect its identity. the logo is simply hard stamped into the smooth surface of the club head.

i didn't notice any extra distance from the iblade but it is definitely more forgiving than the iblade. even with the i500 being forged it felt harder than the i200 and i didn't get that satisfying "crunch" feeling when i got one out the middle. however, you also dont get that horrible thump feeling when you catch one towards the toe.

a very nice club and definitely pleasing to the eye. ping have basically signed a death warrant for the iblade

if no extra distance does that mean lofts are same as iblade?

What shaft were you using?

What shaft were you using?

dg s300

no extra distance ??

Were your glutes activated ?

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

From the few people that have had a chance to hit these, would you be able to say how they compare to the i200/i210 forgiveness wise?

[size=3][color=#0000ff][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 440 10*
Taylormade R7 TP 15*
Titleist 816h1 19*
Ping G400 4 - 7
Ping i200 8 - UW (Power Spec Lofts)
Mizuno MP-T4 52* & 56*
Scotty Cameron Futura X7 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/color][/size]

I just hope that the spin rates are higher that the P790 for example. I still like my CF16's but I definitely need/want more spin for improved distance control.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

I've created my own proprietary "Turbo Goo". Feel free to PM me if you would like me to inject your i500s down the track.
But without a thin face that can utilize your goo, the goo will be useless as the face will be thick since there is no goo inside...got that.

These are not the same inside as the pxg or the p790 irons, but more like the hollow t-mb irons.

Nice looking irons though.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I've created my own proprietary "Turbo Goo". Feel free to PM me if you would like me to inject your i500s down the track.
But without a thin face that can utilize your goo, the goo will be useless as the face will be thick since there is no goo inside...got that.

These are not the same inside as the pxg or the p790 irons, but more like the hollow t-mb irons.

Nice looking irons though.

My goo is anything but useless.

So by saying "ping have basically signed a death warrant for the iblade", am i to understand that you think this iron will replace the iblade and that this will be the iron that most ping pga tour players will be using? This seems doubtful to me, but what do I know?

So by saying "ping have basically signed a death warrant for the iblade", am i to understand that you think this iron will replace the iblade and that this will be the iron that most PING pga tour players will be using? This seems doubtful to me, but what do I know?

I'm just gonna step right in here and save a drowning man (edit: and FWIW I do not think he was referring to what the professional staff are going to use)....

I will assure you right now, there will not be a single player on PING's staff who will play a full set of i500 irons. likely a single long iron, or maybe two, here or there, will sprout up in player's bags as the usage.