KBS C-Taper Lite: another shaft that’s similar

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently use the CTL- Stiff; I previously used Modus 105. For me the 105 was dramatically different. The 105 provided a much more flatter flight, and half a club shorter than the CTL.

The CTL provides a nice mid-high flight with great stopping power, and is about a whole club longer than the 105. Of course this is based solely on my experience.

The Modus might be tough to find in a used set also, and as a previous poster stated it can react pretty differently to different swings. To find something that might be a little more readily available, the Project X LZ might work for you. I play the CTL now and when I get a new set I would probably go with the LZ's. I have tried the modus and found that it was a little to spinny for me. KBS did make a Tour 105 for TaylorMade I think, which might be another option. Different profile but might be worth a try.

Ping G410 w/ Tensei orange
Cobra F9 3/4W w/ ATmos Blue 1/2" Short 
Cobra 5-6W (oldie)

Titleist 818 5H
Ping G710 5-P w/ KBS Tour 120
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX 2 52*
Cleveland CBX Full Face 56*
TM Spider X 34" blue

DG105 is very close if not almost identical in feels to me. Next closest is probably modus 105 but I'd say it's a little smoother with a little bit less stiffness in the tip area.

Taylormade SIM Max 9* - Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Speedzone Big 3 Tour - Accra FX 2.0 370 M5

Cobra Speedzone - Accra FX 2.0 380 M5

Titleist 818H1 - Ventus Blue 10x

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i, Forged CB 6-GW - AMT X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 54.12D, 58.8M - S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

In very little experience with C-Taper Lite, I found it comparable to the PXi. I seem to remember the C-Taper Lite feeling slightly firmer than PXi, but not much (if at all), and maybe a tad lower launching and spinning. I also found my current Recoil 110's to be similar to the PXi's I played previously in stiffness and feel, though I personally find the Recoils to be slightly lower launching (though my Recoils are F5 soft stepped twice, versus PXi 6.0). Maybe Recoils would be worth checking out if you have any interest in trying graphite ever.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

PXi is definitely the closest in terms of weight, feel, and launch. DG 105 is a bit firmer feeling (IMO) and launches just a touch flatter. The Modus 105 feels better, but launches a touch higher, while spin remains the same. KBS Tour 105 (actually 110 in stiff) is the softest feeling and highest launching of the pack, but if you want smooth, this is your shaft. KBS Tour-V is also similar in feel (a bit firmer), but it does launch a bit flatter, more similar to the DG105/DG SL.

Personally I find the PX LZ 5.5 to feel really close, but probably just a tich stiffer than the CTL Stiff.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium