2018 Aberdeen Standard Investments Scottish Open

I love to watch links golf. It’s so desolate and beautiful at the same time. This is great lead in to the British Open. And I mean the British Open not the Open. But that’s a whole different topic.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to watch links golf. It’s so desolate and beautiful at the same time. This is great lead in to the British Open. And I mean the British Open not the Open. But that’s a whole different topic.

It’s taken me a lifetime to realize the same. These courses always look fun for regular golfers. Nice to see courses not involved in a love affair with water.

I love to watch links golf. It's so desolate and beautiful at the same time. This is great lead in to the British Open. And I mean the British Open not the Open. But that's a whole different topic.

It's taken me a lifetime to realize the same. These courses always look fun for regular golfers. Nice to see courses not involved in a love affair with water.

I've tried a few link style golf courses here in the states. It is always ruined by ponds being added. Love a creek but a pond doesn't belong.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

I love to watch links golf. It's so desolate and beautiful at the same time. This is great lead in to the British Open. And I mean the British Open not the Open. But that's a whole different topic.

It's taken me a lifetime to realize the same. These courses always look fun for regular golfers. Nice to see courses not involved in a love affair with water.

I've tried a few link style golf courses here in the states. It is always ruined by ponds being added. Love a creek but a pond doesn't belong.

Royal County Down and Ballyliffin disagree ;)

Just kidding, I agree with you!

Royal County Down and Ballyliffin disagree ;)

Just kidding, I agree with you!

Always trying to find money angle. Is this a maintainemce saving move? More ponds less to mow. Also notice every teebox has that rough cut before the fairway.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Days like today are reason greens are watered heavily. Very few players getting close and are forced to pitch before greens on a number of holes . Hard to control the ball even with softer greens. Scores would rocket if they were hard.

Yeah. Par on these courses is relative to the wind.

M3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty TEI3 Newport

What a tight leaderboard, looks to be more wind again today so like last week I like Knox to come up trumps or Rickie/ Justin to put pressure, plenty of talent in or around the lead but hardly a win between them.

On a side note being a Adam Scott fan really surprised he didn't tee up here in Scotland, hasn't played since the US Open and will go cold into the Open, and Paul Casey also a no show here but will play in a very weak event in Germany after the Open with minimal Ryder Cup points and even though he looks to have enjoyed a day or 2 at Wimbledon I hope he makes the team or may due missing Scotland and Ireland.

Strong showing by the South African contingent!

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

All 100lbs of Stone just torched it.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV