Does Nicotine Help golf?

Noticed this AM that Kevin Kisner had a large chew of chewing tobacco in.

They did a close up of him at tee time, must have been 2 am Eastern time. And the shot got him spitting that brown goo out . Very close up too! The announcers said something like “oh my!”

I saw footage of his day and he had a large wad in his cheek all day.

That got me thinking , does nicotine help you golf? Just curious, not looking to join the club.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does just like it does in baseball. I quit chew a few years ago after many years of going through close to a can a day. Nicorette is perfect to get my fix on the golf course. Nicotine withdrawal is not fun on the golf course.

Taylormade M3 9.5* Graphite Design Tour ADIZ 6S

Srixon F85 15* Project X Hzrdus Red 6.0

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 

Srixon U45 23* Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 

Srixon Z965 5-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50* 55* 60* DG X100

Toulon San Diego

I can’t imagine how you even get started on nicotine in this day and age.

My husband had a femoral artery bypass after fifty years of smoking. Finally gave it up when the doctor said he could lose his legs.

Nicotine withdrawal on the golf course is a lot easier than sitting in a chair.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*
Irons: TaylorMade M CGB Max 6-SW
Wedges:  Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab Black - Bird of Prey
Ball:  Titleist ProV1

but like my wife says if you kept smoking you prolly wouldn't be playing in your 80s so i have that going for me

Why would you want to play in your eighties if you couldn't have a loosy.

Sorry to tell you, that's the thought process of an addict.

The other plus i have more endurance running although at my age its starting to take a toll on my body lol

I can’t imagine how you even get started on nicotine in this day and age.

My husband had a femoral artery bypass after fifty years of smoking. Finally gave it up when the doctor said he could lose his legs.

Nicotine withdrawal on the golf course is a lot easier than sitting in a chair.

People do all sorts of things which aren't good for their health.

I started dipping (Skoal) when I was 16. I've played all kinds of sports and always thought I played better with a dip in. It was rough playing basketball and tennis. You just can't go spitting all over the court. I quit when I was 50. I'm 58 now. Talking golf my scores went up 10 strokes the first yr. I quit Relating chewing to my scores I did play a few rounds the first yr. I quit (going a few months without) with Skoal in my mouth and I did shoot my best rounds of that yr. the few times I chewed. The following yr. with chewing a thing in the past my rounds were back to normal and even a few strokes better which told me the higher scores I had right after quiting was just my body going through the withdrawals and my mind still thinking I needed it to play better.I think for someone that is nicotine addicted then yes nicotine helps you play better but for some one that hasn't done it please don't think starting is going to shave strokes off your scores.

It can be a habit to deal with stress, I've noticed people who dip kinda mellow out once they have a wad in.

They only mellow out because they got their fix. Just the same as any addictive drug.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Nicotine is an amazing drug. And not that bad for you.

Too bad the delivery mechanisms are.

You realize that nicotine is a deadly poison, right?

Yes, I’m a DVM. Nicotine is deadly if injected in the bloodstream at a sufficient dose. As a CNS stimulant, it causes seizures, coma, and death when delivered like that.

In low doses, absorbed through the oral mucosa or lungs, it has not been shown to be harmful in adults (besides the addiction issue).

Nicotine is an amazing drug. And not that bad for you.

Too bad the delivery mechanisms are.

You realize that nicotine is a deadly poison, right?

Yes, I'm a DVM. Nicotine is deadly if injected in the bloodstream at a sufficient dose. As a CNS stimulant, it causes seizures, coma, and death when delivered like that.

In low doses, absorbed through the oral mucosa or lungs, it has not been shown to be harmful in adults (besides the addiction issue).

Unlike the venom from that critter in your avatar. :swoon:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.