2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Pro Iron Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!!

knudson81

We have 5 members testing out the new Fujikura Pro Iron shafts! We know members are very interested in these shafts and the testers will be writing their reviews along with answering any questions you might have. The testers are...

Johnny T

sirparalot

mizunoMP14

ago33

scottaz

Make sure to follow along!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I would like to thank Fujikura and GolfWRX for the chance to test these shafts.

I got the Fujikura Pro 115 tour spec X and had them built by Tony at True Clubs in Carmel, IN. He did an awesome job. It was my first time at his place and his fitting setup is better than any place around Indy. I put these in a set of Mizuno MP-4s that I have played for the last 2 years and I also have a set of MP-4s with Dynamic Golds that I used before that to compare to.

Shots of the Build

I have played Dynamic Gold for 25 years, and every time I have been fitted for irons it always wins out. Recently with more iron shaft options available, I have tried Nippon 125, 120, 105, Dynamic Gold 120, PX Lz 125, and Fujikura MCI 120.

I have had these built for about 2 weeks now. I hit a lot of range balls and have had them out on the range 6 times and played twice.

So far I have been very surprised by these shafts. When I picked them up from True Clubs I hit them on the launch monitor and they launch lower and spin less than Dynamic Gold x100s. Below is a fitting I did in March and it has a 6 iron launching at 17* and about 5900 spin. With the Fujikura Pro 115 I was launching about 15.5* and spinning 5400ish with a 30 degree 6 iron. I thought this was an anomaly because it was just about 20 swings and it was the first time I swung them. But on the range and course they are proving to be lower launch and spin. I would never expect that from a graphite iron shaft.

In terms of feel, these have a very linear load to them. You don’t have squishy load at the top like to feel with Nippon 120s or PX LZ, they seem to load then entire downswing. They seem to be stiffer in the butt than Dynamic Golds, and they don’t have a thump at impact, its much softer and smoother at impact. In terms of weight, the total weight is noticeably lighter to me. Tony said he had no problem with getting normal swingweights with the std weight Mizuno head.

Here is a picture of the last round I played. I brought along a couple clubs from my other set with Dynamic Golds to compare. These are both 9 irons from the first cut rough. They Fujikura Pro 115 went about 3 yards further based on pitch marks, and it rolled out to about 2 paces from its pitch mark, while the Dynamic Gold was only one pace. I am not that high spinning of a player, so I might need to tweak my lofts a degree or two weaker to get the launch and land angle up a bit. So far in both rounds I hit 50% of GIR which is about normal for me.

Fuji Pro 115

DG

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

Took mine out to the course today. I’ve been working 60 hours weeks this past couple week so I haven’t been on the course as much.

About my game

The biggest weakness in my game has always been iron play. This is due to being a WRXer and most courses of the leagues I play in are 6600-6800 yards. Therefore I’m always working on 150 yards and in.

When I get an iron in my hand I’m just trying to make par. Last year my par 3 scoring average was like 3.2

How have these helped that area?

Everything is dead strait and holds the line really well. Flight was a little higher as I have a tendency to slightly flip the club at impact so these launched 1.4 degrees higher then DGX100. I’ll probably soft step them, they are pretty stiff. What typically happens is that I have a miss that falls into the 15-25 yards away from the pin and I’m unable to get it up and in. With these being dead strait, they hold their line incredibly well and have helped that miss.

How do they play on the course?

For my game, they are perfect. I’m jut trying to get an iron on the green (15-30 feet away) and make a 2 putt par. Maybe roll one in for birdie. If it’s an accessible hole location I can still go for the pin. I’m not trying to put a 5 yard cut on it so it spins into a right hand hole location.

Same thing with long irons into par 5s. They hold their line very well so I can put myself in a proper scoring position.

They also are unaffected by the wind which is a huge plus in Chicago. It really is hard to play a 180 yard shot when you only hit maybe 2-3 a round with a 15-20 mph wind. I’m able to swing normally instead of trying to manipulate my swing (which turns out baaaaaaad)

I would say anyone who is not on some Tour could really befit from these.

I’ll be keeping this in the bag for the time being. Overall I’m very happy with them. I just can’t work them but then again I’m not that good at working the ball so it’s a net positive because I won’t try to do it.

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

I want to thank Fujikura for the opportunity to test these shafts out. I also would like to thank GWRX and Izett Golf!

Mike Morrison at Izett Golf did the build for me. He's built irons for me in the past and is a phenomenal club fitter\maker. He put PING i200 heads (pw-4) and my Callaway Apex 20* hybrid in the 115i tour spec x-flex. I have a set of PING I's they built for me two years ago with the exact same specs, except they have x100's in them. The heads perform similarly, so this should give a solid shaft comparison for x100 users. According to Izett’s, the Apex hybrid plays at 7.0 and the set gradually increases. I’m hitting both sets side by side a lot and like what I’m seeing so far.

I've played DG x100's straight in or hard stepped most of my life. I've played Project X 6.5 and 7.0. Most recently I tried c-taper 130x's. I'm always looking for some help with height and spin.

I have two rounds and a few range sessions in with the Fuji 115i’s and so far I’m really impressed. Ball flight is a little lower than the x100’s. The feel is amazing. The way these load is different than anything I’ve played. I’m feeling the head a little more than in the x100’s, which is a great thing for me. Shots requiring some finesse have been really solid.

I’ll be playing again on Wednesday, Friday and this weekend is my club championship. So some good testing ahead and a lot more to come but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Feel free to ask any questions.

@Scottaz - nice initial thoughts and pics. Are you going to game them in your club championship?

Yup! I'm very comfortable with what I've seen so far. Just need to remember to add about 5-7 yards to my normal distances. I haven't had them on the monitor yet but suspect my launch and spin is lower with them, which is a good thing for me.

Our 11th hole is a 200-225 par 3 I struggle with. Don't like uphill par 3's much. On Sunday my tee shot landed 10" directly behind the hole. Having an easy bird putt on that hole is new for me. My approach shot in on 12 was the 5 iron again and left me with a great look at eagle.

So far I'm seeing a straighter flight, a few more yards and I don't feel like I'm working as hard during the swing. My playing partner was testing them all day as well and said they felt smooth and very stable. The only club I'm still working out is the hybrid. I've been missing right with it.

I beat myself up in the gym before most rounds and having something better on the joints, that doesn't sap my energy is a big plus. We'll see how things go tomorrow morning.

I had another solid outing with the fuji115i's this morning. I got the hybrid figured out on the range before my tee time and hit a few great shots with it during my round.

It was my first round with a pretty consistent wind, so another good test. I was playing from the tips today, getting ready for this weekend, so I had more mid and long irons in and the par 3's were all playing pretty long. I hit my 7 iron on one of them into a 20mph wind. I hit it higher than I would like and thought it would be short but I ended up in the middle of the green.

Some quick takeaways so far.....I'm not getting a lot of movement in the air. They like to go straight, or straighter than I'm used to. I need to adjust my alignment. I had to hook my 6 iron around a tree and had no issues and ended up with a bird from a tough spot. But I did need to focus on that one to turn it. I hit the ball high but I'm not seeing any ballooning. I'm sure they're spinning less and fight thru the wind better than x100's. I can't say for sure yet but feel like they help with off center and fat shots. I've had a few that lead me to this conclusion but time will tell. One thing I do know for sure is they feel great and my hands, wrists and elbows are big fans so far.

First of all I want to say thank you to Golf WRX and Fujikura for this amazing opportunity. I also want to thank Eddie my local club builder and the staff at Edwin Watts in Orlando. They were absolutely tremendous in making sure everything was ready to go when I dropped off my clubs to them. The build was well done and the clubs look fantastic.

Now a little background on my game. I am an 8 hdcp. and usually play 2 times per week. I am a very consistent golfer from tee to green and usually avoid blow up holes. I am not a long hitter by any means. Driver goes 220 yards and 7 iron is good for 145 yards. In previous fittings I have been a great match for Fujikura shafts in my woods. I played the Rombax series of shafts for several years and most recently was fitted into the new Pro Series shafts for both Driver and FW. I have always played steel in my irons but have been looking to make the change to graphite. I am really hoping that the Pro Series iron shafts are as good of a match to my swing as the wood shafts are.

My current irons are Wilson C200’s and they were shafted with KBS Tour 90 shafts in stiff flex. The clubs swingweighted at D1 and were .25” over what is considered standard (this length is the current standard for Wilson). I chose the 85 gram weight Fujikura shafts in stiff flex and they are about 15 grams lighter per shaft than the KBS’s. When I dropped the clubs off to be reshafted, Eddie mentioned that typically when you go from steel to graphite the swingweight can change by as many as 6 points and I could see the weight move as low as C5. Also the new clubs were going to be built to .25” short (this is the proper length for me) from standard or .5” shorter than what they were currently at. Shortening the clubs as well would most likely add to the decrease in swingweight. In going through the information from Fujikura one of the highlights of this shaft was that it is weighted in a way that should maintain the swingweight when going from steel to graphite. I mentioned this to Eddie and asked him for the purposes of this test to just reshaft the clubs as is and to not add any weight trying to bring the swingweight back up in order to see if in fact the shafts maintain swingweight as advertised. After the build the clubs swingweighted between C9 and D0 so basically there was only a loss of 1 to 1.5 swingweight points and these were built shorter thereby compounding any loss of swingweight. At standard length Eddie says they measured out between D1 and D0 so Fujikura’s claim of no loss of swingweight I would say is on the level. Eddie was very impressed with how the shafts were able to maintain the swingweight and was very pleased with how the clubs turned out. As built the shaft frequency showed the Fujikuras to be slightly stiffer than the shafts they replaced. I was hoping they would be a bit softer given the weight reduction. I am very curious to see if this will create any issues or if the shafts will perform for me like the other Fujikura shafts I currently play.

I will be going straight to the course with them tomorrow morning and will be putting these shafts right into the thick of it never having practiced with them. Following my round I will update the group with my initial impressions and then really start crunching some data as I head to the range over the next week and get them on the launch monitor. So Stay tuned.

I had another solid outing with the fuji115i's this morning. I got the hybrid figured out on the range before my tee time and hit a few great shots with it during my round.

It was my first round with a pretty consistent wind, so another good test. I was playing from the tips today, getting ready for this weekend, so I had more mid and long irons in and the par 3's were all playing pretty long. I hit my 7 iron on one of them into a 20mph wind. I hit it higher than I would like and thought it would be short but I ended up in the middle of the green.

Some quick takeaways so far.....I'm not getting a lot of movement in the air. They like to go straight, or straighter than I'm used to. I need to adjust my alignment. I had to hook my 6 iron around a tree and had no issues and ended up with a bird from a tough spot. But I did need to focus on that one to turn it. I hit the ball high but I'm not seeing any ballooning. I'm sure they're spinning less and fight thru the wind better than x100's. I can't say for sure yet but feel like they help with off center and fat shots. I've had a few that lead me to this conclusion but time will tell. One thing I do know for sure is they feel great and my hands, wrists and elbows are big fans so far.

this is awesome to hear and aligns with other player feedback we've heard. best of luck this weekend!

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

I have now gotten out to play twice with the new shafts. My goal was to go out there without anything more than a warm up and see how the shafts perform. With enough range time most players will have the ability to adjust their mechanics enough to get almost any clubs to work better and I didn’t want that adjustment to take place. I really wanted to see if the shafts performed better by just getting out there and putting them to work. Here are my impressions from playing 2 rounds.

First off I really like the look of the shafts especially against the chrome finish on my Wilson irons. I have never played graphite in an iron before and from the very first shot the shafts definitely delivered on the vibration damping properties that so many go to graphite for. Every shot is met with a solid feel and absolutely no vibration even the bad shots have improved feel. I’m not sure how I feel about this yet as I have been battling heel contact as of late (I am moving towards the ball on downswing) and the shafts are so good at damping vibration that it was hard to tell if my contact was off center at times. It was only until I started to see a few shots begin to move right (push fade) that I could tell I was falling into this new swing malady (unfortunately it took a shank to confirm it!!!). It will be interesting to see if I can begin to feel the face contact a little better as I get some more time in with these shafts (this again is exactly why I wanted to get out there without practicing and making adjustments).

Overall I had 2 normal rounds of golf. First round was an 85 and that was really a product of poor short game (probably the worst score I could have shot that day based upon how I was hitting the ball) and then a tidy 78 today. Again I’m a solid 8 hdcp. and anything under 83 I would call a good round. The shafts performed better than expected in many ways and once I get to the range with my launch monitor I should be able to see if what I see and feel is actually real. I went to a lighter shaft to see if I could pick up any distance and I can say on course the shafts are ½ club longer at least and in many cases a full club (1stround saw several shots go long and I was not able to salvage par which contributed to the feeling that 85 was the worst I could have done). Ball flight is very piercing with these shafts as compared to my old KBS’s but the ball also appeared to have a higher peak height especially 7-GW. Not sure what is contributing to this (spin/launch/increased club speed), so getting out there with the launch monitor is definitely a necessity. First impression, I like the ball flight a lot with 7-GW (piercing but higher ball flight) I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to hit the 5 or 6 iron but the few times I did, the results seemed to be a lower flight (again purely on how they looked to my eye). Most of the time the shafts for me produced a nice draw that moved a bit more left than I would have liked on the 5 and 6 iron (this could also be some lie issues with the longer clubs as I saw what appeared to be a lower flight and more movement to the left on these clubs). Dispersion has been fantastic with my missed greens really being more a factor of long and short vs. left and right. I hit 61% of the greens on my second round as compared to 50% on the first round (adjusted to distance differences). I had some heel shot push fades creep in at the end of the rounds as I was getting tired in the Florida heat and I started to fall into the habit of moving towards the ball in the downswing.

With 2 rounds in the books I can say on course that these shafts seem to be an improvement over my old shafts in many ways. I am seeing increased distance, a stronger ball flight and good dispersion on my approach shots. Vibration damping is amazing and the shafts just feel smooth (not overly flexible, not overly rigid, just right). I have some concern with not being able to feel contact across the face as much but this may come with time as I get used to the feel of graphite. My next update will be after I get to the range and gather some hard data. More to come.

this is awesome to hear and aligns with other player feedback we've heard. best of luck this weekend!

That’s what my experience is too. The flight was higher then what it would like into the wind. I thought it was ballooning however never really did.

I was baffled by it because that never happened before. Traditionally those shots end up plugged in the front bunker.

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX

I was able to get out to the range for a bit this morning and hit some shots with the launch monitor. I am very lucky to live very close to Orange County National which is home to the PGA Show demo day and boasts the nations largest driving range.

Knowing that I had been given the opportunity to test these shafts I went to the range with my launch monitor before having them reshafted and collected data on the 7, 9, and GW. I will be using this data as my comparison to my session this morning as well as other sessions going forward.

I was hoping to get a solid amount of testing done but unfortunately the battery on my monitor died after only getting the gap wedge comparison completed. I will be heading back out a bit later after making sure I am properly charged this time. I was however just from the gap wedge data able to bring some understanding to what I was seeing on course which was a lower and more piercing launch but a higher peak and 1/2 to 1 club more distance. I wasn't sure if what I saw on course came from ball speed, launch, or spin. In the end with the GW data at least it was a combination of all three that confirmed what I was seeing was real.

This is the average of 5 shots hit with the gap wedge (50 degrees) when they were shafted with KBS Tour 90's about 2 weeks ago.

This is the data from 5 shots today with the Fujikura Pro shafts installed.

As the data showed the Fujikura's launched 2 degrees lower (24 vs 26) and even though swing speed averaged 1 mph more with the KBS(69mph vs 68mph) the Fujikuras with the lower launch generated 3 mph more ball speed (90mph vs 87mph) and a .06 increase in smash factor (1.32 vs 1.26). This resulted in 4 yards more carry which is about 1/2 club length with the GW. This data would definitely explain the lower launch and increased distance I was seeing. As for the peak height the Fujikura's delivered on average just under 300 rpm more than the KBS's (9119rpm vs. 8852rpm) and that extra spin seemed to create the lift and peak height increase I was seeing on course.

After seeing the data I am even more excited about what these shafts can bring to my game. I am typically a lower ball hitter so to be getting a more piercing yet higher ball flight makes these a winner at this point. I hope to get back out there and do the comparison with the 7 and 9 irons in the next few days to see if this data holds true for those clubs as well.

More to come.....

First, huge thanks to GolfWRX and Fujikura for this testing opportunity! Also a big thank you to the crew at The Golf Lab in Chantilly, VA. I'll also apologize for my delayed participation. I left for vacation a few days after picking up my newly shafted irons and just returned yesterday.

I was really excited when I got the message about being selected to test these shafts. I've been playing 716 T-MBs with Project X LZ 6.0 shafts since last fall. I've played the LZ shaft longer than that but just put them into the T-MBs last fall. I've tried graphite shafts over the past few years but have never been able to make them work long-term for me. I think a lot of that had to do with the weight as I was trying the 95g versions (Steelfiber and Recoil). Given my previous experiences, I chose to get the Pro 115i Tour S.

The Pro iron shafts come in 2 iron "blanks" so they are .370 tips. As someone who does a good amount of club work on my own, I always wondered if the manufacturers were okay with tapering .370 graphite shafts to fit into .355. I've read conflicting information about it but at least in this case, Fujikura is cool with it!

Enough rambling...

I play 4-PW in the T-MBs and use a Vokey SM6 50* gap wedge. Those were the clubs I had the Pro iron shafts installed. I had them built to play off Titleist standard lengths (38" 5 iron), 4-9 iron at D3, PW at D4, and 50* at D5. Those were the swingweights I had with the LZs installed and I wanted to keep them the same for the Pro iron shafts to try to mirror, as closely as possible, the LZ specs.

When I picked my clubs up from the shop I was running short on time but I decided to hit a few balls in the hitting bay before venturing home. The Golf Lab uses Flightscope and they have at least one camera filming your swings so it was cool to see my swing along with the ball flight data. In all honesty, I wasn't thrilled with how the Pro iron shafts felt while hitting them in the shop. They didn't necessarily feel bad, but they didn't feel good. The numbers were good though...launch and spin were all near where they should have been (according to one of the guys at the shop). I was hitting my 8 iron, which is usually my 155 yard club, but the Flightscope had it traveling +/-165 yards. I mentioned this to the guy at the shop (can't recall his name...I'm horrible with names!) and he said it's not too surprising as hitting off the mat can give slightly lower spin rates which may read as a slightly longer carry and that I should see something closer to my normal carry distance once I get out on the course and am hitting off grass.

I knew I was leaving for vacation in a few days so I worked my schedule to get in a short range session and a round in before I left. The shaft felt different, in a better way, hitting off real grass than they did off the mat indoors. The shafts feel pretty stout...stiff butt and tip section with a slightly softer mid section. I could feel the shaft load but it didn't feel like it was loose and I never once "lost the head" during a swing. Flights were very similar to my LZs which is what I wanted. As expected with graphite shafts, a lot less vibration is felt. And like some of the others have mentioned, the ball just seemed to go straight.

Now to the course...

What I saw on the range was the same thing I saw on the course - ball liked to go straight most of the time. I did hit a big push with a 5 iron in my hand but I tend to do that with that club no matter. The only other "mishit" as far as flight is concerned was a pretty good draw with a 4 iron off the tee on a long par 3. But even that draw was just off the green. I hit the short irons a lot and was impressed with their performance. I'm not sure shafts can be forgiving, but some poorly struck shots (i.e. slightly fat) still flew close to their intended distance. Taking feel out of the equation, the Pro iron shaft performed as good (if not better in some cases) than my LZs. I had a lot of confidence in my irons even though it was my first round with them.

Going back to the distance increase I saw at the golf shop, I saw a distance increase on the course too. I'm hesitant to say it was all the shaft as it was a hot and humid day and every club seemed to be flying a little farther. Still though, I was seeing close to that same 10 yard increase. This distance increase could be a one-off thing though...I've had very limited time with the Pro shafts. Once I get a few more rounds under my belt with them then I think I could I give a definitive "yes" or "no" on the distance increase. Stay tuned...

With that said, I'll bring feel back into the equation. Graphite is just a more muted feel than what I'm used to. It's not a bad feel, just different. If the Pro shafts continue to work well for me, then the feel will probably be a non-factor because I can get used to a more muted feel if I'm hitting longer and straighter shots. This issue will work itself out over time.

In my haste to play when I first picked up my clubs, I failed at getting any pics. I won't be hitting the course until next week (work trip out of town so golf every evening!) but will get some pics then, if not before. I'll continue to post my thoughts as I keep testing the Pro shafts.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

First, huge thanks to GolfWRX and Fujikura for this testing opportunity! Also a big thank you to the crew at The Golf Lab in Chantilly, VA. I'll also apologize for my delayed participation. I left for vacation a few days after picking up my newly shafted irons and just returned yesterday.

I was really excited when I got the message about being selected to test these shafts. I've been playing 716 T-MBs with Project X LZ 6.0 shafts since last fall. I've played the LZ shaft longer than that but just put them into the T-MBs last fall. I've tried graphite shafts over the past few years but have never been able to make them work long-term for me. I think a lot of that had to do with the weight as I was trying the 95g versions (Steelfiber and Recoil). Given my previous experiences, I chose to get the Pro 115i Tour S.

The Pro iron shafts come in 2 iron "blanks" so they are .370 tips. As someone who does a good amount of club work on my own, I always wondered if the manufacturers were okay with tapering .370 graphite shafts to fit into .355. I've read conflicting information about it but at least in this case, Fujikura is cool with it!

Enough rambling...

I play 4-PW in the T-MBs and use a Vokey SM6 50* gap wedge. Those were the clubs I had the Pro iron shafts installed. I had them built to play off Titleist standard lengths (38" 5 iron), 4-9 iron at D3, PW at D4, and 50* at D5. Those were the swingweights I had with the LZs installed and I wanted to keep them the same for the Pro iron shafts to try to mirror, as closely as possible, the LZ specs.

When I picked my clubs up from the shop I was running short on time but I decided to hit a few balls in the hitting bay before venturing home. The Golf Lab uses Flightscope and they have at least one camera filming your swings so it was cool to see my swing along with the ball flight data. In all honesty, I wasn't thrilled with how the Pro iron shafts felt while hitting them in the shop. They didn't necessarily feel bad, but they didn't feel good. The numbers were good though...launch and spin were all near where they should have been (according to one of the guys at the shop). I was hitting my 8 iron, which is usually my 155 yard club, but the Flightscope had it traveling +/-165 yards. I mentioned this to the guy at the shop (can't recall his name...I'm horrible with names!) and he said it's not too surprising as hitting off the mat can give slightly lower spin rates which may read as a slightly longer carry and that I should see something closer to my normal carry distance once I get out on the course and am hitting off grass.

I knew I was leaving for vacation in a few days so I worked my schedule to get in a short range session and a round in before I left. The shaft felt different, in a better way, hitting off real grass than they did off the mat indoors. The shafts feel pretty stout...stiff butt and tip section with a slightly softer mid section. I could feel the shaft load but it didn't feel like it was loose and I never once "lost the head" during a swing. Flights were very similar to my LZs which is what I wanted. As expected with graphite shafts, a lot less vibration is felt. And like some of the others have mentioned, the ball just seemed to go straight.

Now to the course...

What I saw on the range was the same thing I saw on the course - ball liked to go straight most of the time. I did hit a big push with a 5 iron in my hand but I tend to do that with that club no matter. The only other "mishit" as far as flight is concerned was a pretty good draw with a 4 iron off the tee on a long par 3. But even that draw was just off the green. I hit the short irons a lot and was impressed with their performance. I'm not sure shafts can be forgiving, but some poorly struck shots (i.e. slightly fat) still flew close to their intended distance. Taking feel out of the equation, the Pro iron shaft performed as good (if not better in some cases) than my LZs. I had a lot of confidence in my irons even though it was my first round with them.

Going back to the distance increase I saw at the golf shop, I saw a distance increase on the course too. I'm hesitant to say it was all the shaft as it was a hot and humid day and every club seemed to be flying a little farther. Still though, I was seeing close to that same 10 yard increase. This distance increase could be a one-off thing though...I've had very limited time with the Pro shafts. Once I get a few more rounds under my belt with them then I think I could I give a definitive "yes" or "no" on the distance increase. Stay tuned...

With that said, I'll bring feel back into the equation. Graphite is just a more muted feel than what I'm used to. It's not a bad feel, just different. If the Pro shafts continue to work well for me, then the feel will probably be a non-factor because I can get used to a more muted feel if I'm hitting longer and straighter shots. This issue will work itself out over time.

In my haste to play when I first picked up my clubs, I failed at getting any pics. I won't be hitting the course until next week (work trip out of town so golf every evening!) but will get some pics then, if not before. I'll continue to post my thoughts as I keep testing the Pro shafts.

Thanks for the update so far Johnny. We wouldn't be surprised at the distance increased, curious if it pans out across a few rounds. Also, the feel is definitely different, most has to do with vibration reduction and the noise tricking your feel. I am guessing you'll get used to it quickly though!

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

I recently bought a new set of irons. I took the time to go to my club builder and try 6 different shafts and weights, before landing on the Fuji Pro tour spec stiff 95i shafts. I went to try all the shafts with the p790 head on 2 separate occasions, and the Fuji Pro outperformed the others on both occasions. I have now played 4-5 rounds with them, and I have to say that I am impressed. I am hitting the ball straighter and more consistently than I have in a long time. How much of that is due to the shaft, and how much is due to the head, is hard to say, but I feel like the shaft is playing a significant part in this result. I really liked my Aerotech Steelfiber shafts, but I may end up liking these Fuji Pro shafts a little more, and that is saying a lot. I have the club championship coming up next weekend, so we will see how it goes.

The only downside I would say, is that the decal/sticker seems like a cheap way to finish these shafts off.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Thanks for the info thus far ... what's the bend profile on these?

i was told similar to the dynamic gold where its tip stiff and butt soft. same idea but the mid is just a touch stiffer.

i could be wrong but that's how they feel

I can't wait to hear more on the 115 TS shafts. I just got a set from Will Peoples and will be putting them into MP67 heads. I'm really looking forward to the results.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I had another very solid round with the 115i's today. To lock in, I've stopped testing them vs X100's. I'm very comfortable with the set up. Loving my ball flight and getting more used to the distances.

I posted a few pics of a 9 iron in on one of our par 3's and a wedge in on our 17th par 4. Both were full swings and came back about 20', which is about what I would expect to see with those clubs when I go after it. Normally I'd take a little more club and dial it back but I'm working on figuring out my numbers. Tomorrow I expect balls to plug more, since we're getting pounded with a few inches of rain.

As for the finish of the shafts...I think they look pretty sick. Mine seem to just be two different finishes, where the color changes. It beats having a sticker right in the middle of a steel shaft IMO.

One thing I haven't touched on much so far is the weight. I'm used to a pretty heavy set up and thought that would be my biggest issue. Izett's did a great job with the build and they feel really good to me. I'm a little more aware of the head than I was in the past. Partial shots with a lighter set up was an issue for me in the past and I'm liking what I'm seeing and feeling so far.

I got out to play again on Friday with the newly shafted clubs. This is now my third round played since the shaft change to the Fujikura's. I am really liking what these shafts bring to my game at the 85g weight. I played the Panther Lake course at Orange County National which is an overall solid track to challenge your game. I played one of my best rounds of the year and it was almost all due to great iron play (72% GIR). I really feel like I have the distances dialed in (solid 1/2 club longer with the clubs built 1/2" shorter than previous) and was knocking the pins down most of the day. I had a couple of very errant drives on the front nine that caused 2 doubles playing the front in 40. I made the turn feeling overall pretty good and then reeled off back to back birdies on 10 and 11 after hitting darts to inside 8 feet. As a couple of the other testers have mentioned these shafts just want to go straight and I have to agree that I am seeing a very predictable ball flight in terms of direction and trajectory. I can't say I had a perfect ball striking day as I did have a few mishits and even my mishits were on target. This has been especially true on a couple that were hit a bit thin. They were on line and still managed to have enough spin to stop fairly quickly on the greens (its summer in Florida so it is a bit softer). As the round continued I kept playing pretty solid. I had a bogey on 14 caused by a 3 putt from 10 feet!!!!!! and then was able to reel off another birdie on 17 thanks to a gap wedge hit to 4 feet. I came to 18 needing a par to beat my all time low score for 9 holes (35). Hit a great drive and decided to go for the green in 2 (par 5). I completely muffed the shot sending it about 50 yards left into the trees and had no other choice but to punch out and take my medicine leading to a bogey on 18 and an overall 35 on the back for a total of 75. For me this is just an amazing round of golf and it was really due to solid iron play. I am so pleased with the performance of the Fujikura's that I am now considering my own experiment by adding these shafts to my other wedges (52, 56, 60) as I think the lower flight and increased spin will really help round out that part of my game. I am not sure if I should stay at the 85g weight or go heavier for these clubs. I will probably reach out to Fujikura next week and see what they recommend. I am still planning on getting back to the range with the LM to finish gathering the hard data on the 7 and 9 iron within the next week. I will update the post with those results soon.

I’m surprised at the lack of community following on this. It seems that people have a stigma about graphite irons shafts however these are preforming better then steel.

I played yesterday and shot a +1 73. First time hitting all greens on par 3s (usually my nemesis) and got home in 2 on 2 par 5s.

The ball just stays so strait off the face, even on slight his hits.

We got about 4" of rain yesterday afternoon thru this morning. Our club championship got moved to tomorrow. Qualifying early, then 18 more for the top 16 around 1 PM. I can't do 36 tomorrow, so I'm out and not too thrilled about it. The weather has been terrible for weeks here in Pa.

The course did open back up around noon and I got another round in. As expected, balls were plugging on most approach shots. I pulled my driver on 7, which is usually a pw in for me. Hit a tree and went more left and I had a full 7 in from deep rough. The pic was the result. Easy bird.

My scoring over the past few rounds with them has been as good or better than normal and would have easily put me in the top half. The course is playing as long and wet as possible right now, which would be an advantage for me, so I'm pretty bummed out.

Things have been hectic for our pro the past few weeks but we're going to get on the monitor soon and get some real data. I'm pretty sure we'll see about 7-9 more yards and a few 100 less rpm's. But I'm more impressed with the control I've been seeing.

Same thing here in northern VA...so much rain! Everything is just soaked.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I've been a huge Aerotech Steelfiber fan for several years now. Can anyone give a direct comparison between the Steelfibers and these Fujis?

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice BB Newport +

-Pro V1x

I've been a huge Aerotech Steelfiber fan for several years now. Can anyone give a direct comparison between the Steelfibers and these Fujis?

I was playing Aerotech SF shafts for the past 2 years in my Callaway Apex Pro irons and really liked them. Both are excellent shafts. I maybe comparing apples to oranges, since I changed heads as well at the same time. The SF feel a little stiffer but both have a very stable feel. Both have really good dispersion, but I can say that the dispersion with the Fuji Pro tour spec has been little tighter than the SF.

On the launch monitor with a 7 iron, when comparing the two shafts with the same p790 head, the spin rate was little lower with the Fuji Pro (closer to the optimal range). This was an apples to apples comparison. They were also a few yards longer, but nothing really significant. The Fuji Pro tour spec shaft plays true to flex, while some feel that the SF are on the stiffer side for their labelled flex.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I played a quick 9 tonight.

I will echo what others are saying, these are very straight and great in the wind. I hit 5/9 greens. It was about a 10mph wind and with the pro 115 it was like no wind, they held their lines perfectly.

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

Great to hear all the positive reviews, keep them coming. Sounds like Fujikura is on to something here.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1