MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Pro Iron Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!!

knudson81

Just bought and installed some 95 I stiff in IP finish. Incredible shaft 8-10 yards longer and you don't even know your playing graphite. I am never going back to steel. Should have done this a long time ago.

That IP finish looks pretty sick.

In fact the whole Fuji range is pretty sick. Just waiting for the Evo 5 release and I am getting those puppies in my Fairway woods and getting some INDI wedges sorted with 95 I IP finish shafts and the bags finally done. Will post some pictures when I have the final setup

Based on these reviews, I’m going to try a single shaft to start. Anybody have a tip trimming guide for Fujikura Pros? Do they come as a 2 iron or 3 iron uncut length?

They are 2 iron .370 parallel blanks. They get tip trimmed in .5 in. increments and then butt cut to length (2 iron no tip trim, 3 iron .5 tip trim, 4iron 1 in. tip trim etc.). Trimming guide is on their website

In fact the whole Fuji range is pretty sick. Just waiting for the Evo 5 release and I am getting those puppies in my Fairway woods and getting some INDI wedges sorted wit

Just bought and installed some 95 I stiff in IP finish. Incredible shaft 8-10 yards longer and you don't even know your playing graphite. I am never going back to steel. Should have done this a long time ago.

That IP finish looks pretty sick.

In fact the whole Fuji range is pretty sick. Just waiting for the Evo 5 release and I am getting those puppies in my Fairway woods and getting some INDI wedges sorted with 95 I IP finish shafts and the bags finally done. Will post some pictures when I have the final setup

I am liking these shafts so much that I am looking to add them to my wedges on my own as well. I am not sure if I should stay at the 85i weight that everything else is at or go heavier to the 95i or 115i and soft step.

Got a couple of more rounds in with the Fuji Pro shafts. Everything is the same as when I first tried them...ball likes to go straight. I’m finding that I have a easier time hitting good (or maybe better) shots with my longer irons (4-6 irons). I am seeing a distance increase of about 5-7 yards. Spin is good without seeming to be excessive and I’ve had no issues flighting the short irons low.

Probably the biggest surprise to me has been how much I like the shaft in my 50* wedge. I’ve been purposely chipping with it (normally use my 54*) and I’m actually chipping better with it. Now it might just be that the 50* is a better club choice for me regardless of shaft but I can’t say for sure. The performance of the 50* makes me think that I might like the shafts in other wedges. I want to sleep on that before taking that leap though.

About the feel, it is growing on me. It’s going to be a process but if I keep hitting them they way I am now, the feel won’t matter.

I’ve got some pics but need to upload them to the computer. I should get that done tonight or tomorrow. Playing comes first!

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Here are some pics from a couple of days ago. As you have probably seen from the other pics, the finish is nothing flashy. That's probably a good thing since they are iron shafts. I wondered if seeing gray/black at address with mess with me. I don't even notice it which tells me I probably put too emphasis on finish/color of iron shafts before now. Lesson learned.

The last pic is how much roll out I got from hitting a normal/smooth 6 iron on a 187 yd par 3. It was slightly downhill so was probably playing closer to 180ish. Ended up about 10-12 ft past the hole. That kind of distance would have been a normal 5 iron with my LZs installed and definitely would have rolled out more.

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Here are pics of mine. For some odd reason they didn’t show up in the first post.

Worked 60 hours the past two weeks so I haven’t gotten on the course much :(

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

So, I bought a single shaft and installed it in a Mizuno MP-18 head for testing.

First, let me tell you a little about myself. I’m 64, and like most seniors, I’ve been struggling with losing distance. In addition, over the past w years, I’ve dropped A LOT of weight. So, right now, my game is a mess and I’m exploring ways to get back on track.

I like to tinker, so it seemed natural to give these Fujikura Pros a trial.

I went with the 75g version to see if it helps my swing speed. I installed them 1/2” longer and wondered about the swing weight. With an oversized grip, it came out right at D2.5. I my add a little lead tape under the grip to drop that down some. But, right now, I’m trying them without any extra weight.

I’ve had three range sessions and I am really pleased with what I see. The flight is slightly lower then the NS Pro Zelos 8 shafts I’m currently using in my JPX 900 Tours. The distance is definitely longer as well. I can’t wait to get on a monitor to see real numbers for distance and spin. The precision of the shots hitting the green and stopping quickly really impressed me. Boy I am pleased.

My experimenting will continue. But at the same time I’m anxious to get my hands on the new 919 Forged heads to see if this will be the total answer to my issues. Oh yeah, that and strength training and swing coaching :-)

But, Fujikura has a winner for what I’m trying to solve. I’ll get you hard numbers ASAP.

Got another round in today. The initial high flight I was experiencing was due to different release points on the shafts. (Butt stiff vs tip stiff). Now my release has compensated and are launching low and on target. It feels like the shaft ends up where I want it to be. Very much like the repeatability the T1100 but with a different profile.

I’m noticing I am have a lot more confidence with my 5-7 iron. Like a “start it on this line with a slight draw” mentality verses a “it’s a 6 iron distance and hopefully I can hit the right now”.

Scoring is higher then average right now but that’s due to decreases in driving and wedge proximity to hole. 150-200 proximity to hole is better by about 2 yards.

2 yards seems small but it’s a routine 2 putt verses scramble for par.

I’m going to pull and soft step mine. Last year I was playing PX 6.5 HS and these are playing about that stiffness. I want just a touch more kick.

I still firmly believe that anyone with a +4 handicap or higher should strongly consider them. Their ability to keep their line is something I have not experienced yet. It’s just a shame they sent that available. I think thepeoplesclub.com is the only place I’ve seen.

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

I managed to play the better part of three rounds this week so I got a pretty good sample size for the Pros. They like to go straight! Sometimes I get a slight draw from the longer irons but nothing bad. Distance seems to be consistently 5-7 yds longer than my old LZs. This may be creating a wedge gapping problem. This might be solved by putting the Pros in my 54* and 58* wedges!

The more muted feel is growing on me. Can't say that I like it better than the feel of steel but it isn't enough for me to say I don't like them. Really though, once I see the flight any issues I have with the feel go away.

The entire set of shafts have exceeded my expectations. Granted my expectations were pretty low, but still. I've been really impressed with the shorter iron performance. It was like throwing darts with the 8 iron on down. I already have a ton of confidence in those clubs. Even my 50* wedge which I debated getting shafted with the Pro, it has been wonderful. It might be my favorite club to hit. And like I mentioned before, the long irons are easy to hit.

Still going to get out as often as I can to continue to get a better feel for them, but so far they have earned their spot in the bag. Stay tuned...

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I would echo what others are saying here. Obviously the shaft bend profile has to match your swing, but if it does, it is a really good shaft. While I am really enjoying them, a couple of my friends tried them, and they were not a good match for them. Just like all golf equipment, there is no magic shaft out there that fits everybody, but I do recommend giving this a try, if you have a club fitter nearby.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I got in a few more rounds and some launch monitor time. As expected, the spin is lower, dispersion is better and I'm about 1/2 a club longer than the x100s I'm testing against. I'd guess my set up plays a little closer to X7's.

When I step on x100's and PX's, they could balloon on me. If take a little off the c-taper 130x's, I lose some control and feel. The Fuji's seem to handle both as well or better. I'm really impressed with shots requiring finesse and they're very easy to flight.

Nice write-ups guys. I have enjoyed reading through them. I've been using Pro 95i in my 3 and 4 irons for a while now. I am about to send them off to add some 115i to them. I like the 95i but (similar to scottaz) I am used to playing a heavier shaft, so I think the 115i will be right in the sweet spot.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Got another round in with the new shafts and I continue to be really pleased. I had a very poor driving day (currently my struggle) but my iron play was very solid. My control both directionally and distance wise is spot on with the new shafts. While I hit less than 50% of the fairways, I hit 78% of the greens. The shafts have really been very predictable and that is helping with my control. With my old shafts I found that balls that should move a certain way based upon their lie (ball above feet, shot should go left) often did not but with these shafts the ball is going as expected. This has been a huge boost and I am making more confident swings from challenging lies as a result. I have also had very good results in flighting the ball down and hitting solid punch shots from trouble. The lighter overall weight (85g shaft) has really helped with hitting half and 3/4 shots that stay low to escape from trouble. I am going to be playing an unfamiliar course on Wed. so this should be a good next test for these shafts.

These look great. And sound it too

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Today's round was in the mid 70's, a few showers, humid and windy. It was my first round with them when balls weren't flying. A lot of shots required an extra club and playing to the conditions. No surprises really. I had another really solid iron day. They continue to do very well into the wind and hold the line with side wind really well.

I showed up on the first tee beat up from my morning work out. I'm feeling less stress on the joints, especially in the hands, wrists and elbows. I played c-taper 130x's for most of this year and its been a huge improvement on my body.

I have 14 rounds in with them now. I don't miss steel at all.

I have enough rounds under my belt with these shafts, that I can now say that I really do like them. They maybe marginally better than my Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts, but then again, I loved my Steel Fiber shafts. I just won my flight of my Club Championship today with them in the bag; I can't think of a better endorsement than that!

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

I have enough rounds under my belt with these shafts, that I can now say that I really do like them. They maybe marginally better than my Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts, but then again, I loved my Steel Fiber shafts. I just won my flight of my Club Championship today with them in the bag; I can't think of a better endorsement than that!

Congratz on the win. I have my first of 2 CC next weekend with Fuji MCIs in the bag for the first time.

Congratz on the win. I have my first of 2 CC next weekend with Fuji MCIs in the bag for the first time.

Good luck!

LEFT HANDED

This is so awesome, congrats!

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

With the weather being so bad in Melbourne for the last 3 weeks of winter I have had no chance to test them on course. I am bout to play 36 holes per day over the weekend and have 6 weeks practice before I play Kingston Heath in October. Wedges are being built second week of September so I will give a full review this weekend after 72 holes then will post some lovely pictures from the Heath. Going to be a cracking 6 weeks all I can say is Fujikura for the win :pimp: :pimp: :superman:

Looking forward to hear what you think of them in the wedges. I like my 50* so much I’m thinking of putting the Pros in my 54 and 58.

Graphite in my wedges...can’t believe I’m saying that.

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Excellent review after just switching to graphite for arthritic reasons (at 26) these will definitely be on my radar for my next set

Love the way they look , and if they perform anything like my project X or better then they will be a winner

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)