MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Pro Iron Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!!

knudson81

Excellent review after just switching to graphite for arthritic reasons (at 26) these will definitely be on my radar for my next set

Love the way they look , and if they perform anything like my project X or better then they will be a winner

great to hear, keep us posted

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Another range session and another round with the Pro iron shafts. I feel like I've spent enough time with them and put them through so many different scenarios (thanks to my poor tee game) that I can comfortably say they will remain in the bag.

I haven't done any advanced analysis of my stats but I'm a lot more confident in my ability to not only hit the green but hit my intended distance from 170 in. Used to be that I didn't have much confidence outside of 150. So these irons shafts have roughly given me two additional clubs that I have a lot of confidence in when hitting an approach. Don't take that as I don't like my longer irons...I do, but I just don't have as high a level of confidence in them that I do my mid- and short-irons.

The feel of the shafts have grown on me and now I think I may prefer it over the feel of steel. I know for sure that when faced with decision on whether to hit my 50* (which has the Pro installed) and my 54* (that has a PX LZ installed), I've been opting more and more for the 50*. I'm pretty sure I'm going to eventually try the Pro shafts in my wedges. I'm not sure how that will go but I like the shafts enough to try it out.

As for the distance increases...I've consistently seen about a 5+ yd distance increase across the board. While not quite a full club longer, it has allowed me to hit a shorter iron on occasion. And anytime I can get a shorter club in my hand, I'm all for it!

Will keep updating as the season continues, especially if I take the plunge and put them in my wedges.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Has anyone who has hit these hit the Aldila Rip Tour iron shafts? I have a RIP Tour 115 in my 3 iron and am wondering how the Fuji 115 would compare. Thanks for any info guys!

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

Has anyone who has hit these hit the Aldila Rip Tour iron shafts? I have a RIP Tour 115 in my 3 iron and am wondering how the Fuji 115 would compare. Thanks for any info guys!

I've never tried graphite before now, so I can't make graphite comparisons. I believe they perform similarly to your x100's hard stepped, just nicer on the body, a little lower spin and ball flight.

I've never tried graphite before now, so I can't make graphite comparisons. I believe they perform similarly to your x100's hard stepped, just nicer on the body, a little lower spin and ball flight.

Thank you! That's pretty much all I needed to hear.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

Thanks for all of the feedback gang I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a set of Pro Tour 115i IP’s. I’m a longtime Steelfiber 110 guy and these keep popping up on my radar. If anyone has head-head experience that would be excellent feedback.

Question, since these are .370 what is the length of the parallel tip section? Based on stiff flex is there a optimal tipping recommendation? Thanks fellas, BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Great reviews so far everyone. Thanks for all the info and feedback. I really wish TM would’ve offered these as a shaft option cause I definitely would’ve put them in my P790s. I might have to look into getting fit for a set of them. I have a feeling they would kick my Modus 120s out of my bag.

I’ve always been a huge Fujikura player. I’m going to get fitted next week for my 3 wood. Right now I’m looking at the atmos blue TS 8S, but I guess I’ll see what they recommend.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Great reviews so far everyone. Thanks for all the info and feedback. I really wish TM would’ve offered these as a shaft option cause I definitely would’ve put them in my P790s. I might have to look into getting fit for a set of them. I have a feeling they would kick my Modus 120s out of my bag.

I’ve always been a huge Fujikura player. I’m going to get fitted next week for my 3 wood. Right now I’m looking at the atmos blue TS 8S, but I guess I’ll see what they recommend.

You should try the Speeder Evolution 4 fairway shaft or Evolution 5 which was just released on the 22nd August.

You should try the Speeder Evolution 4 fairway shaft or Evolution 5 which was just released on the 22nd August.

Thanks. I’ll have to keep those in mind as well. I’m getting fit at Club Champion here in Atlanta, so I’m sure they’ll have them as well to try.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Thanks for all of the feedback gang I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a set of Pro Tour 115i IP’s. I’m a longtime Steelfiber 110 guy and these keep popping up on my radar. If anyone has head-head experience that would be excellent feedback.

Question, since these are .370 what is the length of the parallel tip section? Based on stiff flex is there a optimal tipping recommendation? Thanks fellas, BB

I think the parallel section is 6".

Don't know what the tipping recommendation is but I want to say I saw it in the Fuji catalog that is linked on their site.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Thanks for all of the feedback gang I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a set of Pro Tour 115i IP's. I'm a longtime Steelfiber 110 guy and these keep popping up on my radar. If anyone has head-head experience that would be excellent feedback.

from the Fuji site:

Irons PRO and Vista PRO 1/2″ increments starting with #3 and butt trim to length

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I finally got the 115 x shafts in my MP 67's. Have had two range sessions this week so far with the clubs. Ball flight is high and straight. I primarily hit a draw and the ball just wants to go straight. I can draw and fade but, definitely have to work the shot. Probably a 5-10 yard gain in distance over my s-400's. Feel, is to me, somewhat muted. On some shots I originally felt weren't flush the ball just kept carrying. It's definitely different feel than steel shafts and even compared to Steelfiber 125 cw's I've played. I'm looking forward to getting some rounds of golf in with them.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I was playing the rip 105 in my hybrid and the Fuji pro 115 is a different profile. Fuji pro is much like a DGX100 vs rip 105 was like a kbs tour V.

I’m sure the 115 is a different profile but I just wanted to maybe nudge you closer to an answer

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

I finally got the 115 x shafts in my MP 67's. Have had two range sessions this week so far with the clubs. Ball flight is high and straight. I primarily hit a draw and the ball just wants to go straight. I can draw and fade but, definitely have to work the shot. Probably a 5-10 yard gain in distance over my s-400's. Feel, is to me, somewhat muted. On some shots I originally felt weren't flush the ball just kept carrying. It's definitely different feel than steel shafts and even compared to Steelfiber 125 cw's I've played. I'm looking forward to getting some rounds of golf in with them.

I've got 22 rounds and a lot range time in with mine, way past the honeymoon phase.

I think you'll continue to see what you are now. You can move the ball but the tendency is a fairly straight flight. I still need to remind myself to go right at it.

One thing is for certain, they are way better on my body. I'd rather play well and feel some discomfort but they perform as well, or better than any steel shaft I've played.

10 rounds and several practice sessions in with the new shafts and I have come to several conclusions about these shafts and their affect on my game. I am hitting the ball a full club longer on a more penetrating trajectory (clubs are .5" shorter than when they were steel shafted). The decision to go to 85g shafts was absolutely the right decision for me. I feel like I can really swing more in balance and the graphite shaft just removes all vibration giving the feel of pure solid contact. The dispersion is fantastic as these shafts just promote a straighter ball flight. I got razzed a bit from my buddies for going to "the old man shafts." but that quickly went away after I started hitting my irons further and closer to the pins that my playing partners. I am still on the fence about changing my wedges out to these shafts but I think that it will be inevitable. The shafts are definitely staying in the clubs!!!!

Hello guys, I'm having one of Fuji Pros put in my 7 iron to see how it goes. Had back surgery two year ago, still can hit it roughly as far but endurance and overall strength is much less. Not sure what flex my guy ordered, I trust his judgement. I'll report back, going into PING i200 that has a ZZ65 in it, just looking for a shaft that is as stiff as the ZZ65 but more forgiving in the joints into, typical 7 iron is about 160-165 yards if I'm hitting it well and warmed up. I am 49 with tons of injuries.

I was wondering what kind of CPM numbers people are getting with these when tipped at standard 1/2" increments?

My fitter is old school and I'm not sure what he uses but during all of my fittings there, he likes my iron shafts to frequency out around 6.8-7. I was told the hybrid shaft was 7.0 and went up from there thru the set. I'd say my set plays a bit tighter then the x100's did, closer to x100's hard stepped.

Hello guys, I'm having one of Fuji Pros put in my 7 iron to see how it goes. Had back surgery two year ago, still can hit it roughly as far but endurance and overall strength is much less. Not sure what flex my guy ordered, I trust his judgement. I'll report back, going into PING i200 that has a ZZ65 in it, just looking for a shaft that is as stiff as the ZZ65 but more forgiving in the joints into, typical 7 iron is about 160-165 yards if I'm hitting it well and warmed up. I am 49 with tons of injuries.

That's the combo I'm playing. Anxious to hear your thoughts. I think you'll find them much better on the joints.

Anyone put one in a hybrid? How would you say it played compared to what you had?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Anyone put one in a hybrid? How would you say it played compared to what you had?

I did but it replaced steel (x100)

What hybrid? What did you put in there - same as your irons? Was the performance difference similar to what you saw in your irons?

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

What hybrid? What did you put in there - same as your irons? Was the performance difference similar to what you saw in your irons?

Callaway apex 20*. Same shaft as my irons. I actually had a hard time adjusting to this one club vs the rest of the set. It’s difficult to draw. So it’s either straight or fade. With the x100 in it, I could move it more. Figured it out after a few rounds and don’t mind that it won’t go left. But I can’t be lazy or it’s right. The apex is pretty anti-left to start with.

Callaway apex 20*. Same shaft as my irons. I actually had a hard time adjusting to this one club vs the rest of the set. It’s difficult to draw. So it’s either straight or fade. With the x100 in it, I could move it more. Figured it out after a few rounds and don’t mind that it won’t go left. But I can’t be lazy or it’s right. The apex is pretty anti-left to start with.

Gotcha. Thanks! Does it give you the same performance improvements over the X100 that you saw with your irons?

I have a new Tour Spec 95 sitting on the sidelines waiting for a head and I have to decide whether to put on a TM tip for my R15, a Titleist tip for a 818H2, or save it for a UDI.

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

Yup, flatter ball flight, less spin, mostly wants to go straight. I think it would be great in the hybrid and driving iron.

I have the 115s btw, so they may play differently.

Good deal. My primary issue with hybrids is that they want to go way off center for me so a straighter would benefit me greatly. Now to figure out the head...

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

• 2 weeks later...

That's the combo I'm playing. Anxious to hear your thoughts. I think you'll find them much better on the joints.

Just got the 7 iron yesterday, didn't hit a lot of balls, probably 30. Was told yrs ago, when trying driver shafts out: you'll know in the first 3 swings if its a good shaft for you. Well, yes, this is a good shaft for me. Why: just feels easier, less effort to hit. I have a D1 swing weight PING i200 that had a zz65 shaft in it, which I've played zz65 for a long time, 10 yrs or so, previous to that s400, I put in the tour spec 95 Stiff, which seems just fine, I've preferred my sticks to be on the stiffer side if anything, I like to know where the face is. I'm just crossed last week to 50, with what seems like a lot of injuries: two level lumbar fusion 24 months ago w/significant complications still. And assorted other problems. My driver is around 110 and low 160s.

Ball seems to go higher, which is ok, appears-just eye balling it, to spin less, which is ok....a penetrating flight, just what you'd want, appears to be a good club and a third longer. I've played at a pretty high level most of my life, D1. This is good, just might make golf less of a physical chore, I have a hard time now playing 2 days in a row. The overall though I came away with was, its just less effort, its quite an amazing feeling. I'm going to go out one more time to confirm all this with more balls, then just re-shaft the rest of them. Thought of the PING i500 in these shafts would be amazing, but that would get expensive pretty fast, Fuji is really onto something, but the path was probably blazed by aerotech. The black look is nice, but the graphics could be better-doesn't really matter as long as not a distraction. Walking back to my car, thought man-where were these 5 yrs ago or 10.

I completely agree with them just feeling easier. I like a stiffer feeling shaft as well. It's a nice combo.

The 115's keep the ball down for me a bit more than anything I've played, except maybe the c-taper 130x but I had a hard time taking something off them. Performance wise, I'm getting a mix of what I liked about the c-tapers and x100's with less stress on the joints.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m pulling mine. I can’t get the feel down for less then full shots. Back to DGX100s

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

I'm pulling mine. I can't get the feel down for less then full shots. Back to DGX100s

I am in the opposite camp and am definitely keeping them. Its amazing how a shaft can work for some and not others. My game has gotten better and better. I am almost a club longer and my accuracy is the best its been. I just played my career round last week and iron play was spot on (actually everything was working that day). As far as less than full shots I am in the choke down camp vs. the vary the swing length camp and have found the shafts to handle the task well.