MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Pro Iron Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!!

knudson81

The season is wrapping up and I'm usually on the hunt for new irons for next year about now. But I'm going to stick with the current set up. I'm going to send them to PING for a slight adjustment and spa treatment. But the shafts are perfect for me and I don't want to mess too much with a good thing.

I'm liking them so much I had JD's clubs build a 17 hybrid with the 115x to replace my fw. It's been so good.

I have had off and on tendinitis in one or both of my elbows for the past decade or so. I always assumed it was from the gym and golf irritated it. I am now pretty certain it was the other way around. No sign of it in either elbow since the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I bought a single shaft and installed it in a Mizuno MP-18 head for testing.

First, let me tell you a little about myself. I’m 64, and like most seniors, I’ve been struggling with losing distance. In addition, over the past w years, I’ve dropped A LOT of weight. So, right now, my game is a mess and I’m exploring ways to get back on track.

I like to tinker, so it seemed natural to give these Fujikura Pros a trial.

I went with the 75g version to see if it helps my swing speed. I installed them 1/2” longer and wondered about the swing weight. With an oversized grip, it came out right at D2.5. I my add a little lead tape under the grip to drop that down some. But, right now, I’m trying them without any extra weight.

I’ve had three range sessions and I am really pleased with what I see. The flight is slightly lower then the NS Pro Zelos 8 shafts I’m currently using in my JPX 900 Tours. The distance is definitely longer as well. I can’t wait to get on a monitor to see real numbers for distance and spin. The precision of the shots hitting the green and stopping quickly really impressed me. Boy I am pleased.

My experimenting will continue. But at the same time I’m anxious to get my hands on the new 919 Forged heads to see if this will be the total answer to my issues. Oh yeah, that and strength training and swing coaching :-)

But, Fujikura has a winner for what I’m trying to solve. I’ll get you hard numbers ASAP.

I know this is 6 mos old, but wanted share. I recently went from jpx 900 tour s to ping i200 and got back the club and half distance i had lost. Loved the 900 tours but they went nowhere for me!! Prob had ro do with px lz 5.5 shaft???? Looking to put fuji graphite in my i200 to help with elbow pain. Was curious if this shaft helped u get any distance back with the 900 tour? Im 48 and a zero and looking to play with less pain in 2019!

Just putting in a couple of comments here. I have been playing these Fuji Pro irons shafts for about 4-5 years in various irons. It was the first time I have committed to lighter shafts as I went to 95i Stiff and although I was not sure about what I was doing, Chad at Fuji really wanted me to try them. I haven't looked back. They do everything better for me (+1 but older player) extremely consistent and reliable better performance and no elbow or hand issues at all. I went from C-Tapers to the MCI 100s (which I really liked also, we called them the "point and shoot" accuracy) and then to the 95i which are even smoother for me even though I have a quick transition!

:smilie_fuji: :D

• Like 1

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Just putting in a couple of comments here. I have been playing these Fuji Pro irons shafts for about 4-5 years in various irons. It was the first time I have committed to lighter shafts as I went to 95i Stiff and although I was not sure about what I was doing, Chad at Fuji really wanted me to try them. I haven't looked back. They do everything better for me (+1 but older player) extremely consistent and reliable better performance and no elbow or hand issues at all. I went from C-Tapers to the MCI 100s (which I really liked also, we called them the "point and shoot" accuracy) and then to the 95i which are even smoother for me even though I have a quick transition!

:smilie_fuji: :D

Thanks for chiming in and the positive reviews! Keep em coming guys and Happy New Year! Let us know if you have any questions and stay tuned for more giveaways and testing threads in 2019.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

• 3 weeks later...

Fujikura Golf - I want to try graphite iron shafts for all the standard reasons. 56 yo 5 cap with decent swing. Play DG 120 S300 now. PX 5.5 soft stepped once work too. KBS R+ Tour or C-Taper works. Somewhere around 5.5 FCM seems to be right. 93 mph driver speed. Moderate tempo. I have demoed some lighter shafts in the 95 range, and wasn't as efficient ball speed wise, but, I strongly suspect it was due to light swing weights on those demo clubs - anything below D2 and I start losing the feel.

Would you point me to what you think would be a good place for me to start to demo? My guess out of what I read, is 95 S soft stepped. Thank you.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to add either a Mizuno 18 Fli-Hi 3 iron or Titleist TMB 3 iron. I'm wanting it to replace my hybrid, depending on course or weather conditions. Currently I play with Project X 6.5's in my irons (4-PW, and wedges).

I'm wanting to add a graphite shaft in the 3 iron, so I can use it off the fairway, but also a driving iron. Would this shaft (probably the 115) fit the bill? I'm looking for a mid flight, mid-low spin shaft. Thanks.

Just came back from a long weekend in Pinehurst. It’s really the first golf I’ve played since the end of November 2018. Still love the Pro 115 shafts. I’ve grown to love the more muted feel of the graphite shafts.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Greetings all... Loved catching up on the commentary in the thread. I was fitted today and without any prior knowledge of the options and worked thru a great number of head and shaft combinations. I have played the 714 AP2s with DG Pro X100 (std. trim) and will be moving to the new Apex Pro irons with Fuji Pro 115X soft-stepped. The numbers and visuals all align with the commentary I've read here... a little less spin on a high piercing flight with about an extra 5-7 yards of carry than in an LZ or the 115S. I'm also adding graphite in the 56 and 60, the Fuji MCI 125 in both.

I'm thrilled to see so many others are gaming and getting the same outcomes that I was seeing in the fitting, and I'm looking forward to getting them in hand. If the snow hasn't melted in Colorado by then I'll be looking for cheap flights to a Cactus League or Grapefruit League destination to get some reps in and will post my thoughts.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° w/ Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 EV III X
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 18° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-AW w/ Fuji Pro 115 TX
Vokey Wedgeworks High Bounce K Grind 56°
Callaway PM2.0 60° w/ Fuji MCI 125
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 No. 6

Heck of a thread to stumble upon. I have AMT X100’s in my irons and I feel like graphite iron shafts are the way of the future, just hasn’t been accepted yet. With the launch being lower, I’m curious if the 115 Stiffs would be a better suit than the 115 Xstiff. These sure look sweet in the bag.

I'm looking to add either a Mizuno 18 Fli-Hi 3 iron or Titleist TMB 3 iron. I'm wanting it to replace my hybrid, depending on course or weather conditions. Currently I play with Project X 6.5's in my irons (4-PW, and wedges).

I'm wanting to add a graphite shaft in the 3 iron, so I can use it off the fairway, but also a driving iron. Would this shaft (probably the 115) fit the bill? I'm looking for a mid flight, mid-low spin shaft. Thanks.

The 115 in a DI a low fight/ barely enough spin shaft. I suggest the 95. It’s weighted like the HZRDUS, so it’s very tip heavy and will get you to the proper swing weighs.

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Heck of a thread to stumble upon. I have AMT X100’s in my irons and I feel like graphite iron shafts are the way of the future, just hasn’t been accepted yet. With the launch being lower, I’m curious if the 115 Stiffs would be a better suit than the 115 Xstiff. These sure look sweet in the bag.

X115s are stronger then my x100 AMTs, I would say regular DG hard stepped.

I think these are the best shafts out there from a stock swing distance. The dispersion is incredible. I pulled them all for feel reasons last season but I’ll probably put them back in.

3 gapr 95

4-6iron in 115

7-PW in AMT X100

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Greetings all... Loved catching up on the commentary in the thread. I was fitted today and without any prior knowledge of the options and worked thru a great number of head and shaft combinations. I have played the 714 AP2s with DG Pro X100 (std. trim) and will be moving to the new Apex Pro irons with Fuji Pro 115X soft-stepped. The numbers and visuals all align with the commentary I've read here... a little less spin on a high piercing flight with about an extra 5-7 yards of carry than in an LZ or the 115S. I'm also adding graphite in the 56 and 60, the Fuji MCI 125 in both.

I'm thrilled to see so many others are gaming and getting the same outcomes that I was seeing in the fitting, and I'm looking forward to getting them in hand. If the snow hasn't melted in Colorado by then I'll be looking for cheap flights to a Cactus League or Grapefruit League destination to get some reps in and will post my thoughts.

Great to hear! Where did you get fit in Colorado?

I've gone to Brian Gott (www.gottgolf.com currently located at Green Valley Ranch GC) for a long time. He's a great fitter and I like his philosophy about marrying up what you feel and see along with the numbers. I've never hit a ball into a net with him, although we did have to close the rollup door (open to the range) a couple of times in my fitting to heat up the bay since it was about 20° the day I visited him.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° w/ Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 EV III X
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 18° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-AW w/ Fuji Pro 115 TX
Vokey Wedgeworks High Bounce K Grind 56°
Callaway PM2.0 60° w/ Fuji MCI 125
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 No. 6

anyone compare these head to head with the mci

I had the MCI 120 for a while and the feel is different. The MCI felt more active in the mid section where the pro 115 has a very linear one piece feel. The MCI launched higher.

Like everyone has said, the pro 115 is very much like dynamic gold, while I felt the MCI was alot like project x

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

I've gone to Brian Gott (www.gottgolf.com currently located at Green Valley Ranch GC) for a long time. He's a great fitter and I like his philosophy about marrying up what you feel and see along with the numbers. I've never hit a ball into a net with him, although we did have to close the rollup door (open to the range) a couple of times in my fitting to heat up the bay since it was about 20° the day I visited him.

B Gott is the man! he's an amazing fitter and huge proponent of the PRO irons. Glad to hear, again, thanks for sharing your fitting story and feedback on the irons.

I want to thank Fujikura for the opportunity to test these shafts out. I also would like to thank GWRX and Izett Golf!

Mike Morrison at Izett Golf did the build for me. He's built irons for me in the past and is a phenomenal club fitter\maker. He put PING i200 heads (pw-4) and my Callaway Apex 20* hybrid in the 115i tour spec x-flex. I have a set of PING I's they built for me two years ago with the exact same specs, except they have x100's in them. The heads perform similarly, so this should give a solid shaft comparison for x100 users. According to Izett’s, the Apex hybrid plays at 7.0 and the set gradually increases. I’m hitting both sets side by side a lot and like what I’m seeing so far.

I've played DG x100's straight in or hard stepped most of my life. I've played Project X 6.5 and 7.0. Most recently I tried c-taper 130x's. I'm always looking for some help with height and spin.

I have two rounds and a few range sessions in with the Fuji 115i’s and so far I’m really impressed. Ball flight is a little lower than the x100’s. The feel is amazing. The way these load is different than anything I’ve played. I’m feeling the head a little more than in the x100’s, which is a great thing for me. Shots requiring some finesse have been really solid.

I’ll be playing again on Wednesday, Friday and this weekend is my club championship. So some good testing ahead and a lot more to come but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Feel free to ask any questions.

Do they feel really board-stiff when hitting these?

I want to thank Fujikura for the opportunity to test these shafts out. I also would like to thank GWRX and Izett Golf!

Mike Morrison at Izett Golf did the build for me. He's built irons for me in the past and is a phenomenal club fitter\maker. He put PING i200 heads (pw-4) and my Callaway Apex 20* hybrid in the 115i tour spec x-flex. I have a set of PING I's they built for me two years ago with the exact same specs, except they have x100's in them. The heads perform similarly, so this should give a solid shaft comparison for x100 users. According to Izett’s, the Apex hybrid plays at 7.0 and the set gradually increases. I’m hitting both sets side by side a lot and like what I’m seeing so far.

I've played DG x100's straight in or hard stepped most of my life. I've played Project X 6.5 and 7.0. Most recently I tried c-taper 130x's. I'm always looking for some help with height and spin.

I have two rounds and a few range sessions in with the Fuji 115i’s and so far I’m really impressed. Ball flight is a little lower than the x100’s. The feel is amazing. The way these load is different than anything I’ve played. I’m feeling the head a little more than in the x100’s, which is a great thing for me. Shots requiring some finesse have been really solid.

I’ll be playing again on Wednesday, Friday and this weekend is my club championship. So some good testing ahead and a lot more to come but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Feel free to ask any questions.

Do they feel really board-stiff when hitting these?

I don't think so. Very stable but not boardy. But I tend to like a tighter feeling shaft.

I've had several friends try them out, most loved the feel, even if they didn't get the most out of my (tour x) shaft.

I wouldn't be surprised if some x100 users liked the 115i tour s more than the 115i tour x. But I love this shaft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Nothing to add yet. I did have a bunch (4) 7 irons shafted with various graphite shafts (Fujikura Pro 115, KBS TGI 110, Accra i124, and Steelfiber fc115), and really liked the Pro 115's. I have a Miura CB57 set being put together (thanks to @dmeeksDC for hooking me up with Chip) with the Pro 115's. Can't wait.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• 2 months later...

Reviving a thread down since Christmas. Embarking on a build with Pro IP 95’s in my Wilson Staff Model Blades. Steel is pulled and waiting on the delivery to begin the dry fit process. I know some won’t agree (for another debate) but I like the 2 iron blanks. I can sort and fine tune with small tweaks to the tipping before prep. It’s also nice to sand the taper myself. I really take my time based on each iron head allowing me to dial in a exceptionally perfect fit. End result is a rock solid build with a nice tight frequency slope. I’m also intrigued by the weighting design which apparently maintains steel equivalent SW’s, S300 weight to be exact. If it works that way it will be nice not to utilize the tungsten rubberized weights like I do in my Steelfibers. I can’t wait to finish these gems and get them in play. Pics to follow when complete...BB

• Like 2

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I would expect that will be a very nice combo. I played nine holes this afternoon with a set of Fuji Pro TS 95 (tapers) in a set of Srixon 965s and they were excellent. Plays as solid as a steel shaft 20 grams heavier but they feel much easier to play. That weight 90-100g range is the graphite sweet spot for me in irons.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Keep us posted on your thoughts when you finish the build. I have played SF 110's for a couple of years now but have never been really in love with the feel. I am testing two 7 irons now, one with a MMT 105S and the other with a Fuji Pro TS 115. I have found the Fuji to play pretty stout. They are ok when I am swinging my best but on my off days or the days when my back is killing me they might be too much shaft. I am now wondering about the 95's in either TS or maybe just S. I am a little worried about the drop in weight though.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Yes for sure, that’s why I went with the non-tour model Pro 95’s. I’ve heard the TS models are pretty stout. At 51yrs old I’m moving away from really boned up shafts no need. I want my smooth temp and controlled swing to match the performance of the shafts.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Hit the Pro 95 TS again today. I am really liking these shafts. Of course I don’t have them in the heads I want but can get that sorted out. They don’t feel super stiff to me. Torque on these is 2.8 and I think that helps keep them smooth. Can’t entirely put my finger on what it is I like so much about them, but I feel like they help me accelerate through the ball more than hit it. Shots hold their line very well.

I would like to try the standard 95 just to compare, but coming from Rifle 5.5 and CTL/C Taper type feel, I find while TS 95 launch higher, they offer similar stability and the flight really flattens and gives great carry.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I have a question for those who've used these...

Are you taking the 370 shafts and tapering them yourselves (or your club people doing that), or is there a source somewhere for .355 tip models?

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors