MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Pro Iron Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!!

Just bought a 95i TS to try in a set of OnOff Kuro forged heads I picked up.
I'm going to build a 7i for a test, and am going to soft step them. 57yo, hit my VR Pro 7 160 yards. The OnOff's have a bit stronger lofts, so I should get a bit more distance out of them.
Have a bad back right now, so it'll be a few weeks before I can hit it.

You can get these on Amazon, btw.

Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 9.5° - HZRDUS Black 65 6.0
Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 15° 3W - Attas Coool 6S
Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 2H 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S

Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 3H 21° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 X
2015 OnOff Kuro Forged 4-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S

Nike VR Pro 52°-10° Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S
Nike VR Pro 58° DS Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S
Grips - Number One 50 Pro Series

Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport (1996) - KBS black CT Tour, Iomic Black Army
MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will Peoples worked his magic and the rest of the shafts are out for delivery today, might just get them tipped and installed tonight if they come pretty soon.

The experiment begins, the 95 TS Stiff came in and I put it in the 4 iron to start. Since the long irons have been the most consistent to hit with the 950 neo shafts figured 95 in the 4 and maybe the

New update, the swing is coming back and the last two rounds I have seen some really good results with the shafts, they definitely launch lower in the longer irons but seem to have good spin and stop

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ger21 said:

Just bought a 95i TS to try in a set of OnOff Kuro forged heads I picked up.
I'm going to build a 7i for a test, and am going to soft step them. 57yo, hit my VR Pro 7 160 yards. The OnOff's have a bit stronger lofts, so I should get a bit more distance out of them.
Have a bad back right now, so it'll be a few weeks before I can hit it.

You can get these on Amazon, btw.

I ordered the 115 off amazon, spoke with the guy and he is not sure if he has the other 7 I would need which I find odd but 1st things 1st and get one to try out. The idea of 95 in the 4,5,6 doesn't sound like a bad idea and they are more common apparently.

Callaway Max LS 10.5 Fuji 2.0 6X

Callaway Speed 4 wood Fuji 2.0 6X

Callaway XF CB 21 3 iron XCaliber RT 85 stiff

Callaway APEX TCB 4-AW Catalyst 100 6.0

Callaway MD5 52 & 58 XCaliber RT wedge

Toulon Las Vegas BGT Stability

11 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

I ordered the 115 off amazon, spoke with the guy and he is not sure if he has the other 7 I would need which I find odd but 1st things 1st and get one to try out. The idea of 95 in the 4,5,6 doesn't sound like a bad idea and they are more common apparently.

You can get the Fuji iron shafts at Billy Bob's Golf.  Probably also from The Peoples Clubs.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X -or- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.25" 

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5, Kirkland Signature v3.2

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

Just now, NRJyzr said:

You can get the Fuji iron shafts at Billy Bob's Golf.  Probably also from The Peoples Clubs.

I spoke to Will as a repeat customer during my Miura phase and he did not have them in stock. If Shaft Technology fails I will check out BB's. Thanks for the info

Ha ha, the guy that listed on Amazon as "in stock" did not have the shaft in stock after all and his delivery today only had 115 X in it, go figure a Supplier on Amazon lying about things.

I am slightly pissed I wasted 4 days waiting on this guy. Ordered one from Will Peoples that he got today, (only one at this point) but he is going to check on the rest if it works out the way I hope. 

So much for my plan to get it this week and try it, love it and put the rest in before the 10th when I have a Grint Tournament. The dream of hitting greens and having birdie putts is slipping away quickly. 

I guess Covid could be to blame as it is for every other shortage, but don't say in stock if it is not. There is a guy on EBAY listing them as in stock but he won't respond to any messages (3) inquiring about if they really are there so his lack of interest in a sale makes me steer away from that. 

Talked some more with him and he does have a 95 TS in stiff so I am going to try that in the 4 iron, I think he is a good guy just overextended with the listing. Life's too short to get vexed over a golf shaft and I should know better than to expect an experiment to go off without a hitch.

• Like 1

MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

The experiment begins, the 95 TS Stiff came in and I put it in the 4 iron to start. Since the long irons have been the most consistent to hit with the 950 neo shafts figured 95 in the 4 and maybe the 5 iron might be a good fit. It is pretty cool the TS 95 and 115 have the same butt and tip code so they should play pretty close. 

Interestingly the 95 fuji shaft at the same length and grip weighed in at D5 where the Nippon 950 was at D3, not a big deal and looking at the shaft specs the 95 fuji is a bit heavier so maybe that changed the SW.

I should have the 115 TS Stiff today or Monday from Will Peoples and get that one in the 8 iron then make a decision on what to do with the complete set. 

As an additional project I put a BGT Stability in the Toulon Las Vegas, might as well see what the hype is about. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Jim53 said:

The experiment begins, the 95 TS Stiff came in and I put it in the 4 iron to start. Since the long irons have been the most consistent to hit with the 950 neo shafts figured 95 in the 4 and maybe the 5 iron might be a good fit. It is pretty cool the TS 95 and 115 have the same butt and tip code so they should play pretty close. 

Interestingly the 95 fuji shaft at the same length and grip weighed in at D5 where the Nippon 950 was at D3, not a big deal and looking at the shaft specs the 95 fuji is a bit heavier so maybe that changed the SW.

I should have the 115 TS Stiff today or Monday from Will Peoples and get that one in the 8 iron then make a decision on what to do with the complete set. 

As an additional project I put a BGT Stability in the Toulon Las Vegas, might as well see what the hype is about. 

Nice! Keep us posted, interested to see what you think! 

I put the 95 TS S in the 4 iron SSx2 and did not like it (it just felt strange), so it is getting pulled and tipped properly. The 115 TS S test shaft will be in today and that will be put in tipped per the chart for the 8 iron. 

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

I put the 95 TS S in the 4 iron SSx2 and did not like it (it just felt strange), so it is getting pulled and tipped properly. The 115 TS S test shaft will be in today and that will be put in tipped per the chart for the 8 iron. 

how many swings did you take?

Not a lot but it was obivious it was not right, I figured I would try SSx2 out of the box with the 4 iron but it was just too soft. I just pulled it and tipped it to spec and installed the 115 8 iron shaft also tipped to spec. 

I had to put and extension in the 4 shaft since the standard tipping is 1 inch for the 4 iron. But I have proper extensions and they don't add much weight. The 8 iron came out to D5 also which was pretty cool even tipping 3" it came out the same as the 4 iron. I am using Winn Dri tac oversized which are 51 grams so a pretty light grip for the size.

I am a pretty firm believer if you can't hit it well right out of the gate something is off, having done this quite few times I should know better but every shaft is a bit different feel wise so the SS x 2 was a gamble after reading that they play stout. we will see tomorrow at the range if I will order the rest or regroup. 

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I am a pretty firm believer if you can't hit it well right out of the gate something is off, having done this quite few times I should know better but every shaft is a bit different feel wise so the SS x 2 was a gamble after reading that they play stout. we will see tomorrow at the range if I will order the rest regroup. 

Neat little experiment. I know you have a different speed than me but I could totally see a 2x soft step in the 95 being a little loose. Especially given what you were looking for (ball striking consistency). Nothing lost but time though going that way. Good luck with the tipping! 

Went to range and really like the results of the standard tipping. The 8 iron with the 115 S was all I could hope for, with about 20 balls all were in a 10-15 yard circle which for my current swing is very good. Flight was very good high but not crazy and with limited flight range balls about what I would expect distance wise 145-150ish.

The 4 iron with the 95 S was again very straight with a mid low launch which is normal for me with a 4 and very straight, I could move it a bit either way but no big hooks like I was seeing with the Soft stepping. Had a few roll out past the 200 yd stick and the range is slightly uphill so again pretty good for me. 

With the Bridgestone XS or Srixon XV I would expect better everything. Ordering the rest of the shafts as soon as Will P. Gets back to me.

Sounds like I don't need to soft step then. I Guess I'll assemble mine with standard tipping for testing.

MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

1st round today with the 8 & 4 shafted correctly. 

The 8 is now my 160 club and actually hit some greens today. Tried it quite a few different shots and the improvement is nuts over the nippon 950, the 4 iron is more consistent overall. 

Still a 4 iron and for me it is a par 5 layup or maybe a long par 3 club so it does not get a ton of use but when needed it is nice to have more confidence in it.

The rest of the shafts are ordered and I hope to see them friday

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim53 said:

1st round today with the 8 & 4 shafted correctly. 

The 8 is now my 160 club and actually hit some greens today. Tried it quite a few different shots and the improvement is nuts over the nippon 950, the 4 iron is more consistent overall. 

Still a 4 iron and for me it is a par 5 layup or maybe a long par 3 club so it does not get a ton of use but when needed it is nice to have more confidence in it.

The rest of the shafts are ordered and I hope to see them friday

Nice! Glad to hear they worked out for you. I found dispersion was much tighter when I switched as well. 

Always fun when an experiment works out. 

What do you think about the weight on the 115 s (or did you go with the tour spec in 115 as well?) 

Both the 95 and 115 I have are TS, that is just what I could find and I would not search out TS specifically with my SS. 

The 115 weight feels good, it did seem to smooth  out my transition some (which I was looking for) but that could also be the new shaft honeymoon affect. 

AAAAAAHHHHHH,

Looks like Covid bites me again, Will P. tells me his Supplier is out of the 115 TS Stiff until late May. Checking a couple of other places but if Will can't get it I doubt they are out there. 

Are you saying all the ones on Amazon listed as in stock are not actually available?

Or Billy Bobs, which also appears to have them?

https://store.billybobsgolf.com/product/fujikura-pro-irons/

MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

There are none available from any of the people listed, they do not stock them and get them from Fuji when an order is placed. 

I called Billy Bobs and actually talked to both people on EBAY and noboby has them in hand. Alledgely there is a container in Long Beach now with a shipment but of course no one knows if the pro iron 115 shafts are in it. 

Will Peoples supplier has the same problem, no stock of the 115 stiff. They had them last week but evidently sold them after I got the one from him. 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, Jim53 said:

Ha ha, the guy that listed on Amazon as "in stock" did not have the shaft in stock after all and his delivery today only had 115 X in it, go figure a Supplier on Amazon lying about things.

I am slightly pissed I wasted 4 days waiting on this guy. Ordered one from Will Peoples that he got today, (only one at this point) but he is going to check on the rest if it works out the way I hope. 

So much for my plan to get it this week and try it, love it and put the rest in before the 10th when I have a Grint Tournament. The dream of hitting greens and having birdie putts is slipping away quickly. 

I guess Covid could be to blame as it is for every other shortage, but don't say in stock if it is not. There is a guy on EBAY listing them as in stock but he won't respond to any messages (3) inquiring about if they really are there so his lack of interest in a sale makes me steer away from that. 

Your best bet for buying online is from one of our authorized dealers: https://fujikuragolf.com/online-charter-dealers

Let us know how you like the PRO shafts once you get them installed. Apologies for any delays from our end, we're struggling to keep shafts in stock with high demand the past 4-6 months.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

1 hour ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Your best bet for buying online is from one of our authorized dealers: https://fujikuragolf.com/online-charter-dealers

Unfortunately, of all those dealers, only Peoples lists the Pro Iron, and he's charging $75 each, while every other online store is charging $45

MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

33 minutes ago, Ger21 said:

Unfortunately, of all those dealers, only Peoples lists the Pro Iron, and he's charging $75 each, while every other online store is charging $45

All of our dealers have access to our full lineup of shafts even though they may not have inventory or list on their site, they can call us and order anything. So it might be worth calling them to inquire. Just our $.02

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

5 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Let us know how you like the PRO shafts once you get them installed. Apologies for any delays from our end, we're struggling to keep shafts in stock with high demand the past 4-6 months.

I have called all Authorization dealers and no one has them in stock. 

I have one 115 TS stiff and one 95 TS stiff installed and love them so far. As soon as I can get my hands on the rest needed they will be in play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ger21 said:

Email Will about the pricing.

4 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

All of our dealers have access to our full lineup of shafts even though they may not have inventory or list on their site, they can call us and order anything. So it might be worth calling them to inquire. Just our $.02

I also use Fujikura pro 2.0 in all my woods. Love the feel and quality of Fuji shafts. Keep up the good work.

Will Peoples worked his magic and the rest of the shafts are out for delivery today, might just get them tipped and installed tonight if they come pretty soon.

• Like 3