Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

I'm waiting for the Gen 3's.

Did Bob Parsons steal your girlfriend or something? Why the trolling of PXG in this and other threads? We’re clearly just trying to share positive and negative experiences about the actual clubs and you cannonball in with stock tips and sarcasm.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Bob Parsons steal your girlfriend or something? Why the trolling of PXG in this and other threads? We’re clearly just trying to share positive and negative experiences about the actual clubs and you cannonball in with stock tips and sarcasm.

The topic is "Make Switch to PXG?". It's a question.

I received the Gunboat Mini H last week... I am blown away with it. The transition process takes time but I have little doubt that the PXG will finally knock the Nome TR out of the bag. The feel is responsive, solid and muted. You know where the ball hit on the face, the quality of contact and get a soft feel too. It is almost as pure feeling as my old Newport 2 is on quality putts, but more often.

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

You know, there has been a lot of talk about FedEx and signing for your package. You guys do know you can create a free account on Fedex.com - print out a signature sheet and leave it for the FedEx guy/girl. Takes about 14 seconds to print and sign. I've now made about 4 orders through the program and done that each time without hassle.

Checked this out and here is what I found?

"An activation code will be sent to this address.

Postal delivery will take 3-5 business days. When you receive the code, follow the instructions in the mailing and enter the code provided on the designated fedex.com screen."

Can you please give more info on where to find this on the fedex site.. I called ...they told me i would need to sigh or they would not leave themw

I just went on the PXG HERO's site and configured a Brandon putter. I still can't get over the what PXG charges for shipping. $30 for ground, $75 for 2 day, and I have no idea what expedited shipping is, but it will cost $1000.

Dang near paying half of the club to get 2 day shipping, I find that a little outrageous.

You know, there has been a lot of talk about FedEx and signing for your package. You guys do know you can create a free account on Fedex.com - print out a signature sheet and leave it for the FedEx guy/girl. Takes about 14 seconds to print and sign. I've now made about 4 orders through the program and done that each time without hassle.

Checked this out and here is what I found?

"An activation code will be sent to this address.

Postal delivery will take 3-5 business days. When you receive the code, follow the instructions in the mailing and enter the code provided on the designated fedex.com screen."

Can you please give more info on where to find this on the fedex site.. I called ...they told me i would need to sigh or they would not leave themw

There should be a customize delivery option or something like that when you click on the tracking number. You don’t need an account to do it.

Finally picked mine up today. They were delivered on Monday, but I have been away until this evening. I’ve never wished a holiday to be over before. Such awesome looking bats.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Lol...actually funny post. Cannonball. Reminds me of the very funny Burt Reynold's movie. Carry on.

For those who have them, 0311X driving irons , are you finding them useful and what iron is it next to? Mine would be a 20* or so next to my 0311 4i but I could also see a 0311 3i or maybe a 0341 hybrid.....I don't have a need that often but looking for a club that's roughly 205.....although my 4i gets out there decently at times...tia

I had a 0311x 20 degree it has a higher CG so it hit real low for me.

I received the Gunboat Mini H last week... I am blown away with it. The transition process takes time but I have little doubt that the PXG will finally knock the Nome TR out of the bag. The feel is responsive, solid and muted. You know where the ball hit on the face, the quality of contact and get a soft feel too. It is almost as pure feeling as my old Newport 2 is on quality putts, but more often.

This is the putter I want as well great feel when used at demo day better than reg Gunboat.

I ordered mine direct over the phone gen1's on the 14th, received yesterday, the 29th. Haven't had time to really try them out yet. I have a launch monitor at my house so I'm looking forward to it. Also have a loft lie machine so I'll check out the specs and report back with any imperfections from the factory. I just couldn't resist for the price. I'm playing a mixed set of Mizuno MP18's now

So I checked them all this morning on my loft lie machine. All were within a half degree either way, not bad. I'm just going to use them as is for now and tweak as needed in a couple weeks

Just played round 4 with my set.....I hit 16 greens but I adjust per club....the wedge is entirely too flat and I believe the 5 & 8 are too upright....when hit though , these are pure!

Headed now to get checked

Back on topic...

How were they when you got them checked?

Unfortunately they didn't make ANY adjustments.....but even at stronger lofts , I'm comfortable with flight and distances.

I asked softstepped once and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen....lengths weren't done exactly to my request as pw is a 1/4" under 9i vs 1/2" requested.

So that came basically stock specs with no adjustment yet my fear of lower flight hasn't shown and shouldn't be an issue....

THESE ARE AMAZING IRONS! Other irons certainly can do mostly everything but to help me we elevation, be quite forgiving, feel this good with a thinnish topline is a hard package to replicate. JMHO-YMMV

My local guy said that PXG (along with many other co's) have added 1/4" to the standard length, so that difference could be the culprit.

Unfortunately they didn't make ANY adjustments.....but even at stronger lofts , I'm comfortable with flight and distances.

I asked softstepped once and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen....lengths weren't done exactly to my request as pw is a 1/4" under 9i vs 1/2" requested.

So that came basically stock specs with no adjustment yet my fear of lower flight hasn't shown and shouldn't be an issue....

THESE ARE AMAZING IRONS! Other irons certainly can do mostly everything but to help me we elevation, be quite forgiving, feel this good with a thinnish topline is a hard package to replicate. JMHO-YMMV

My local guy said that PXG (along with many other co's) have added 1/4" to the standard length, so that difference could be the culprit.

Yes, standard PW length is 1/4" shorter than the 9 iron (as noted in the specs on PXG's website), but that isn't the issue here.

The issue is Swoosh called PXG and placed his order specifically asking for a 1/2" increment between the PW and 9 iron but his request went unfulfilled.

No matter what an OEM's "standard" lengths are, if a customer asks for a 1/2" between the PW and 9 iron, the customer should get a 1/2" between the PW and 9 iron, not the standard 1/4".

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Yes, standard PW length is 1/4" shorter than the 9 iron (as noted in the specs on PXG's website), but that isn't the issue here.

The issue is Swoosh called PXG and placed his order specifically asking for a 1/2" increment between the PW and 9 iron but his request went unfulfilled.

No matter what an OEM's "standard" lengths are, if a customer asks for a 1/2" between the PW and 9 iron, the customer should get a 1/2" between the PW and 9 iron, not the standard 1/4".

Thanks Rod! This is the truth.....I was emailed a copy of my spec request which unfortunately wasn't filled....despite that, I love the bats!

Love mine but the grips do stink. They've already gotten slicker and it's been like 3 rounds.

I'll get them changed and all the lofts/lies checked when I go to the desert next. KBS TGI shafts are legit, I've always had success with KBS and these are no exception. I'm considering ordering the matching 5 iron.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Curious to know head size of gen 1.....pxg tour is equal to say a ping s55? And pxg players maybe a ping I200?....

I've never seen one so to those that have what's comparison

I use ping as ref cause the engineers are from ping and they kinda look like pings

The gen 1 0311t looks a lot like the s55. That’s the club i switched from.

Curious to know head size of gen 1.....pxg tour is equal to say a ping s55? And pxg players maybe a ping I200?....

I use ping as ref cause the engineers are from ping and they kinda look like pings

Same size as the TM P770. That’s probably the best comparison

I am still considering switching to PXG even it is quite pricey. With a price less, I can get hold of a beautiful and unique Japanese set.

Miura or Epon camt beat performance of PXG

What have you been smoking? I wouldn't even go there Lol

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Hmm struggling making the adjustments to the new clubs. May need to bend them some. They are 2° up and that is what my i20s were 2 sets ago. Now that I have been hitting stock Maltby PTM for all this year maybe my swing has adjusted. I tested on a lie board and it suggested 2° up but so far I’m hitting draw, over draw, draw, draw over over over draw with 2° up on the 0311P. I don’t trust them yet. Tough day on the course with them.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Same size as the TM P770. That’s probably the best comparison

which one is same size?

Hmm struggling making the adjustments to the new clubs. May need to bend them some. They are 2° up and that is what my i20s were 2 sets ago. Now that I have been hitting stock Maltby PTM for all this year maybe my swing has adjusted. I tested on a lie board and it suggested 2° up but so far I’m hitting draw, over draw, draw, draw over over over draw with 2° up on the 0311P. I don’t trust them yet. Tough day on the course with them.

I fit into upright but play std to flat.....cuz of same issue your talking about

How much can these “forged” 0311 be bent?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

The Tour head is bigger than iblade, ap2 or s55......the std head is bigger than i210....sole width is almost g400 but topline is thin