Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

Curious to know head size of gen 1.....pxg tour is equal to say a ping s55? And pxg players maybe a ping I200?....

I've never seen one so to those that have what's comparison

I use ping as ref cause the engineers are from ping and they kinda look like pings

Same size as the TM P770. Thats probably the best comparison

which one is same size?

Sorry, the 0311T

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how much they can be bent? 0311P that is....flatter

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Most forged irons can be safely bent 3* and sometimes up to 4*. The softer the forging, the easier they are to bend a greater amount.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Most forged irons can be safely bent 3* and sometimes up to 4*. The softer the forging, the easier they are to bend a greater amount.

so is 0311 fully forged or forged face or something? Like i500 is “forged”

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Finally received mine earlier this week. 2 rounds on them and they are nice! Still need to validate the specs but no major gaps etc... as far as I can tell.

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

I still haven’t taken mine into the course, just the range. Initial impressions begin and end with the $-Taper Shafts. These things feel soft, they make the Steelfibers feel like telephone poles (SF 110S, $-Taper 120 S). The pronounced kick is where I am going to be focusing my attention. That being said I liked the flight and feel on good swings quite a bit

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

YES! Fully forged head unlike the i500 and P790 which have cast bodies and hardened steel faces.

The GEN 2 iron body is forged from 8620. The updated material (GEN 1 was forged from S25C) retains the soft feel, but the new material is stronger which should help reduce dings, dents, and scratches.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

So I've never even thought about using PXG in the past, 100% just do the price, but since PXG launched their Heros Program, I've put some thought into ordering a 0811X, 3 wood, and a 19* hybrid. My main concern is the driver, I've read some mixed results online so I was wondering if any of you guys have tried or are currently gaming the 0811X. I've read wonderful things about the their hybrids, so I think that is the club I'm most excited about trying.

Count me among those that have taken advantage of the Heroes program to check out PXG. I never really looked into how much they were in the past, just new they were pricey. A few guys I work with play them and have great things to say. I was shopping for some new irons after playing Mizuno JPX800s for 5 years and found a used set of JPX900 HM that looked as if they had one round on them. Got a good deal but I’m not all that happy w the Nippon shafts. I then learned about being able to get the PXGs and figured they were worth a shot at the price. Called them and was able to get them to spec the clubs with the KBS Tour shafts I had on my 800s. S flex, likes them a lot. I also ordered a Bat Attack putter, looks pretty good as I’ve been playing a #7 for a while. Look forward to getting them!

Are you gonna eat your fat?

So I've never even thought about using PXG in the past, 100% just do the price, but since PXG launched their Heros Program, I've put some thought into ordering a 0811X, 3 wood, and a 19* hybrid. My main concern is the driver, I've read some mixed results online so I was wondering if any of you guys have tried or are currently gaming the 0811X. I've read wonderful things about the their hybrids, so I think that is the club I'm most excited about trying.

I’ve got the driver, 3 wood and hybrid. Absolutely love the driver! I’m not so fond of the 3 wood and hybrid but just don’t think I have found the right shaft for them yet so they’re not in the bag. I have a 6.5/75 hzrdus yellow shaft in the driver and don’t see this going anywhere for awhile. This was the only driver that had better numbers than my epic SZ. It’s great feeling, forgiving, can hit low if wanted and love the sound of it!

Just for those waiting, it’s been 15 days and I called in today to check on progress. They still haven’t been built.

Best guess was 2-3 more days, so 3 weeks + ground shipping = going to end up just shy of 4 weeks turnaround.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

Just for those waiting, it’s been 15 days and I called in today to check on progress. They still haven’t been built.

Best guess was 2-3 more days, so 3 weeks + ground shipping = going to end up just shy of 4 weeks turnaround.

Sounds about right, I called earlier to add a putter to my iron and driver order and they said turn time is now up to 12 business days, so when you throw in the Monday holiday last week, that sounds about right. Sucks, but I had to wait 2 months for my Titleists a couple of years ago b/c of the shaft qc problems, so not terrible.

face. like i500.

Nope..... forged ,hollow body construction....maraging steel face.....so the opposite of i500

Wedges are one piece; no injections

Sounds about right, I called earlier to add a putter to my iron and driver order and they said turn time is now up to 12 business days, so when you throw in the Monday holiday last week, that sounds about right. Sucks, but I had to wait 2 months for my Titleists a couple of years ago b/c of the shaft qc problems, so not terrible.

Yea, sorry, I should have clarified. Wasn’t complaining at all - my custom SM7s took about that long too. Just setting expectations for anyone who recently ordered or was about to!

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

I've had the 0811X driver since they came out, never liked the 0811. The 0811x is a solid head, great feel when hitting. Kind of a muted soft feel, paired with the right shaft you'll be set.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Same experience for me. I ordered a putter on 8/30 and called today to change the shipping address and inquire about ordering irons. They hadn’t started the putter yet but I was told it will be done this week along w the irons and should ship early next week.

It took me just over 2 weeks to get my irons. They were overwhelmed with gen1 orders thru the heroes program. At one point they were 4+ weeks from order to shipping. About the middle of last month is when they were finally getting back down to about 2 week build times

Same experience for me. I ordered a putter on 8/30 and called today to change the shipping address and inquire about ordering irons. They hadn't started the putter yet but I was told it will be done this week along w the irons and should ship early next week.

It took me just over 2 weeks to get my irons. They were overwhelmed with gen1 orders thru the heroes program. At one point they were 4+ weeks from order to shipping. About the middle of last month is when they were finally getting back down to about 2 week build times

Sounds like the Hero Program is a hit. Its a win-win for PXG and first responders.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I've got the driver, 3 wood and hybrid. Absolutely love the driver! I'm not so fond of the 3 wood and hybrid but just don't think I have found the right shaft for them yet so they're not in the bag. I have a 6.5/75 hzrdus yellow shaft in the driver and don't see this going anywhere for awhile. This was the only driver that had better numbers than my epic SZ. It's great feeling, forgiving, can hit low if wanted and love the sound of it!

I've had the 0811X driver since they came out, never liked the 0811. The 0811x is a solid head, great feel when hitting. Kind of a muted soft feel, paired with the right shaft you'll be set.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and place an order in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently in Afghan, but heading home at the end of October. I've added a Brandon putter to my shopping cart as well. I figure it can't be a bad idea to have an extra putter sitting at the house, even though my Betti is firmly in the bag at the moment.

I know PXG gets a lot of hate around here, but I'm impressed that Bob Parsons discounts his products as much as he does for the Heros Program.

I order a full set of PXG clubs using the Heroes Program. I went full set, including the Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, 3 and 4 H, XF irons 4-W, and 50, 54, 58 wedges. For the price I couldn’t say no, plus I haven’t bought new clubs in quite some time.

For good measure, I also threw in there a Mini Gunboat and a Mustang P putters. I know tons of people despise Parsons, but as a former military man and retired law enforcement officer, I appreciate the opportunity. And yes, most likely he’s dumping the GEN 1, so saved it, I already heard that, lol....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Almost all of my stuff is bang on spec. The only error is with one of my putters. The Brandon H should be 33.5”, but came in at 34.5”. Annoyingly, I prefer the feel of the slightly longer shaft, so am going to have to get the others extended to match. :russian_roulette:

I’m not entirely sold on the feel of the Bat Attack and Operator, but the Brandon H is epic in every way. Such a great putter. All of them put such a nice roll on the ball.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Not completely dialed in with combo set but again misses are very nice and struck irons are just downright phenomenal!

Anyone got hybrid feedback? I think that will be my best option...

The hybrids are great - head is neutral, not too big or small, no marks for distraction - has one of those special steel hardened faces for more distance - the key to these is the shaft.

I had trouble with them until I had the right shaft - I like to launch hybrids with a high launch, mid spin shaft - I want them in the air - I found my grail with the CK Tensei Pro Red 70.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Not completely dialed in with combo set but again misses are very nice and struck irons are just downright phenomenal!

The hybrids are great - head is neutral, not too big or small, no marks for distraction - has one of those special steel hardened faces for more distance - the key to these is the shaft.

I had trouble with them until I had the right shaft - I like to launch hybrids with a high launch, mid spin shaft - I want them in the air - I found my grail with the CK Tensei Pro Red 70.

I've got the Tensei Red in my 23* 818 H2 and it is lovely!!! Unfortunately they don't offer that shaft for the heros program. At least not online. They have the Tensei Pro Blue, which is what I think I'm going to go with.

I play the 0811X, the 3 wood and the 19H - all of which I love. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. I somehow was lucky enough to do a fitting before hand so the shafts were a fit to begin with. I love the driver, sets up well, sounds and feels great. I would buy without hesitation.

Ping G425 LST

TSi2

Mizuno 223 4-5, 221 6-P
Mizuno T20 51/55

WedgeWorks 60T Grind
Custom Byron
ProV1x
Instagram : danieljfalcone

Got my shipping email! My golf club closes after Columbus Day, so hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze a couple of rounds before shutdown.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I've got the Tensei Red in my 23* 818 H2 and it is lovely!!! Unfortunately they don't offer that shaft for the heros program. At least not online. They have the Tensei Pro Blue, which is what I think I'm going to go with.

I noticed that PXG is limited as to shafts - my thoughts were I liked the head, and I'll spend $150 for the shaft/adapter. It's value as long as I keep the club. Since I've found a hybrid as the toughest club to like, I plan to keep it. I have a Rogue 4H with Tour AD HY - but it does not launch as easy or high as the PXG/Pro Red Combo.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions