2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

Took advantage of the sale and bought a set of 0311 irons in darkness and TGI Graphite 70. I am suppose to fit into the TGI 80. Took them out for a maiden voyage today and they are sweet. Love the feel of center face contact! Clubs feel strong and powerful. Being a swinger vs a hitter the shafts are just fine. I highly recommend them.

Not sure why people are ripping on the grips, they performed just fine and are NOT slick. Plenty of traction and zero slip. Never even though about them while playing, they feel natural.

Great clubs.

Second round today and again grips are just fine NOT an issue and don't even think about them. Very natural feeling in my hands.

Very happy I bought these irons. Again they feel powerful and strong on impact with an out of the park sensation.

Will take several rounds to dial in the distances. Flight, height, turf interaction and softness are all superb. Would buy again.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twice I had a shot into a 20 mph breeze that required me to flight the ball and twice it was successful, might be the only two shots of the day I liked with the new sticks lol.

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Wow, $60 to ship a damn box of irons and not even 2nd day? Talk about a rip off.

$4500/set of irons and you think that's the rip off? lol

*poke poke*

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Took advantage of the sale and bought a set of 0311 irons in darkness and TGI Graphite 70. I am suppose to fit into the TGI 80. Took them out for a maiden voyage today and they are sweet. Love the feel of center face contact! Clubs feel strong and powerful. Being a swinger vs a hitter the shafts are just fine. I highly recommend them.

Not sure why people are ripping on the grips, they performed just fine and are NOT slick. Plenty of traction and zero slip. Never even though about them while playing, they feel natural.

Great clubs.

For a company that emphasizes custom fitting and being the “best” you’d think they would have grip options.

Great clubs.

For a company that emphasizes custom fitting and being the “best” you’d think they would have grip options.

They do have grip options andbloke many brands some are upcharges

Wow, $60 to ship a damn box of irons and not even 2nd day? Talk about a rip off.

*poke poke*

now now lol. Pretty 2/3 of this thread is more like $175 a club.

Ordered my set of gen1's 0311 with ctaper lite last night. Shootout time with the i500's coming up in a few weeks. Couldn't get the exact same shaft though which kind of sucks.

Great combo

I actually changed mine to Steelfiber i95's like my i500's, hopefully still a great combo

*poke poke*

i'm only kidding man, i hope you love your 0311's! i'm eyeing a set of gen2's myself lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

*poke poke*

i'm only kidding man, i hope you love your 0311's! i'm eyeing a set of gen2's myself lol

The veteran discount is sick! I kind of want the XF driver but at the vet price, lol

Dude, that M4 Tour is still sick.

Tomorrow is my first on course round with these and I have zero confidence, not a great feeling. I’ve had a few range sessions but ultimately no idea what will happen

If you already feel that way, perhaps you should sell them and get something else. Just my honest opinion.

I think the heads are a really good, it is the Shafts that came in them that I would sell if I made changes. Round 1 usually brings unknowns, no matter how much range time the distance control is an unknown until you get out into the course

Pull shafts and sell them. What I did with steelfibers I wasnt sure if Id like snd I didnt but have extra shaft sets sitting around and knew I could sell the SFs for $250-300 which I did brought cost down more in set.

Frankly I think anyone should do that why get a set of KBS Tours when you can get PX Lz or Modus

*poke poke*

The veteran discount is sick! I kind of want the XF driver but at the vet price, lol

Dude, that M4 Tour is still sick.

haha i know man..i know. i just put a diamana BF in my standard m4 3w and it's nuts. it's tough to be the m3/m4 lineup for me right now since, they're the only OEM that hasn't cracked on me after a few months lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Tomorrow is my first on course round with these and I have zero confidence, not a great feeling. I’ve had a few range sessions but ultimately no idea what will happen

If you already feel that way, perhaps you should sell them and get something else. Just my honest opinion.

I think the heads are a really good, it is the Shafts that came in them that I would sell if I made changes. Round 1 usually brings unknowns, no matter how much range time the distance control is an unknown until you get out into the course

I’m still there. Between issues with my swing right now and new clubs, whole new bag, I have zero confidence. Not sure how so many clubs ho’s do it.

weird isnt it, the first few years of hoing everything was great, always new clubs great.....than after bit more time I couldn't hit a new club to save my life, now am very cautious about putting new club in bag....either that or I just dont care that much anymore about it.....

Once you hit everything there really isnt anywhere to go, lol.....and honestly they were all more similar than different......

Currently really struggling with the swing and this is usually the time to switch but have no desire really to get anything.....I know it's my swing

Wow, talk about late to the party, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

They charged me $100 when I bought 11 irons

Not sure, but have you seen the box? I paid $30 shipping for full set of irons. My second order is in for a Hybrid and sand wedge.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

Z5 grips have found the trash can and Victory Cords are on the 0311T’s... should be quite helpful

So I guess they are junk. My set should be here Thursday and I guess I will make it a winter project to change grips. Thanks for the input.

I didn’t care for the Z5 grips, but I’ve been a MCC+4 user since they hit the market.

I tried to like the Z5 grips and kept them on for the first few rounds, but I couldn’t make the adjustment. I felt like I was fighting hooks the entire round.

I removed them with a grip removal tool and put on the MCC+4. It made quite a difference. No more fighting the hooks.

Blew mine off last night, just never liked the feel. So far, no more low hooks.

Also noticed a point of interest; the grip tape has inscribed numbering, not sure what the numbering means but they are clearly inscribed into the grip tape. In additonal all my Gen 1 irons have different serial numbers. All food for thought.

I really like the irons, hitting them well, but was having problems with low hooks with these and my old set of 2008 TM's. I've hit purer shots with these than any other irons I've played. Yes I have many mishits, but my swing sucks!

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

@youraway2, what did you get?

0311 P with Areotech steel fiber shafts. Played them first day and thought I'd made a mistake. Kept hitting low hooks, so I put them in the garage and put my old TM set back in the bag. Next day, oops, low hooks. I put the PXG's back and can't be happier. I noticed I was jerking the club inside and casting it from the top, very bad. Relaxed my grip, took it away slowly, and bang! What a difference. The ball flight is high but piercing, plenty of distance, in fact I gained a club back. They have a very nice soft feel with these shafts. I'm back to hitting my 7-iron 150-yards at 73-years old, not bad for me. With my TM's I really had to go after a 6 to get it there. I couldn't be happier, and to think about it, my wife talked me into purchasing them.

Changed the grips, blew off the PXG Lamkin's, replaced with Golf Pride Tour Wrap G2.

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

@youraway2, what did you get?

0311 P with Areotech steel fiber shafts. Played them first day and thought I'd made a mistake. Kept hitting low hooks, so I put them in the garage and put my old TM set back in the bag. Next day, oops, low hooks. I put the PXG's back and can't be happier. I noticed I was jerking the club inside and casting it from the top, very bad. Relaxed my grip, took it away slowly, and bang! What a difference. The ball flight is high but piercing, plenty of distance, in fact I gained a club back. They have a very nice soft feel with these shafts. I'm back to hitting my 7-iron 150-yards at 73-years old, not bad for me. With my TM's I really had to go after a 6 to get it there. I couldn't be happier, and to think about it, my wife talked me into purchasing them.

Changed the grips, blew off the PXG Lamkin's, replaced with Golf Pride Tour Wrap G2.

Could probably sell those PXG grips for $25 a piece

They charged me $100 when I bought 11 irons ��

Not sure, but have you seen the box? I paid $30 shipping for full set of irons. My second order is in for a Hybrid and sand wedge.

Not sure what you mean by "seen the box", but if you build a set with 11 irons it's $100 for shipping, which is what I paid a few months ago. My first order they charged $60 for 10 irons. So that extra iron costs $40 extra to ship lol.

Still enjoying my combo set!

Not sure what you mean by "seen the box", but if you build a set with 11 irons it's $100 for shipping, which is what I paid a few months ago. My first order they charged $60 for 10 irons. So that extra iron costs $40 extra to ship lol.

You got ANOTHER set?

Still enjoying my combo set!

You got ANOTHER set?

Ha, I bought two sets. The second set was for my travel bag.

Got my 0311XFs and Bat Attack on Tuesday. Had them shipped w the grips off, so I went and got the grips I like put on and headed to the range yesterday afternoon. Literally hit 5 balls w the 7 irons before the rain rolled in. Really liked the feel but will be heading back out tomorrow afternoon to dial in the distances. Like the putter a lot in my living room at least.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

Got my 0311XFs and Bat Attack on Tuesday. Had them shipped w the grips off, so I went and got the grips I like put on and headed to the range yesterday afternoon. Literally hit 5 balls w the 7 irons before the rain rolled in. Really liked the feel but will be heading back out tomorrow afternoon to dial in the distances. Like the putter a lot in my living room at least.

I also ordered 0311XF irons and a Bat Attack putter. It’s been a week since I ordered mine. How long did it take to receive your order?

3 1/2 weeks. I called a couple of times to make some tweaks and check in, but I never got the “in production” email and then I got the “shipped” email. I had a chance to go to the range today, and went to a new course but was disappointed to find that their range is water balls off of a mat. Probably the worst scenario for trying to judge distances, so I guess I’ll find some things out on the range tomorrow before my round. But overall they felt pretty good.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

The 0311t irons and 0311 wedges are the best I have ever owned. Period. I got mine through the heroes program, but I would pay full price for my next set when these wear out. They are fantastic!!

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1

I have played two rounds with my set (XF) and continue to hit the range. Coming from playing AP1’s for almost 9 years, these clubs feel completely different, in a good way. I have gained at least 5 to 7 yards with each club, which is awesome. At address they look great and inspire lots of confidence, and that’s important to me, if the don’t look good, I won’t trust them. But I knew that when I got fitted for them.

Those Nippon Modus Pro 120 shafts are amazing and switching from R to S was not bad at all. I’m actually in more control of my irons without the whip I was getting from R flex. The woods are great and the driver is amazing. I love the muted sound of the driver and I gained at least 8 to 10 yards with it.

I also added a Mustang putter. I’m not used to inserts, so I’m still experimenting with it. The 009 remains king.

I know there are the naysayers and the people who don’t care for PXG, and that’s perfectly fine with me. But for me, PXG has made a big difference and I’m enjoying golf much more.

Heroes Program beneficiary!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Finally had a ah ha day with the 0311P today. Been having swing issues since getting them and in two rounds and two range sessions weren’t able to hit a sweet spot on these. Always thin or toe shots and rarely felt like everyone said.

Today, finally found it. Was finding the sweet spot all day. They felt great. The hardest club for me all this time to hit, go figure, was the 4i XF which have felt awful up to today. Felt great and flew great today.

Honestly had buyers remorse some....knowing it was a swing issue and not a club one but they coincided with one another.

Today those fears went away.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS