Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding to my earlier post, I also asked how long the deals will run. The chap said there is no time limit, but it will be stock dependent. He didn’t seem to think they’d running out any time soon.

As for me, I was bored the other week and popped into my local used club emporium to do a shootout of their 0311XF and 0311 s against my Ping G700s using their GC2.

I was expecting the PXGs to feel better, but to my considerable surprise the 0311XF in particular gave me better numbers in distance, dispersion and consistency than my already very good (and very recently purchased) G700s even with shafts I haven’t been fitted for.

The feel and much less offset (I’m a drawer) seem to suit me.

So being the impulsive type I nabbed a cheap set of 7-GW with my preferred shaft on eBay for under $600, and then discovered the online deals and have topped them up with a new 6,5 and 4 driving iron.

All for cheaper than the 8 clubs they will hopefully replace, and which I can hopefully flip for close to the cost of the PXGs.

The real test will be turf interaction on course, but I am quite chuffed.

Good things come to those who wait.

Mavrik Hzrdus Smoke
Cobra F6 Baffler

Ping G410/Epic Flash Hybrids
Cobra Forged Tec Copper Irons
Cleveland CBX2 wedges
PXG One and Done

I checked about an hour ago and still 135 for the heroes. Glad I decided when I did. Only 100 difference but still. Counting down the days for my order to come in. Two weeks in hoping for next week but haven’t gotten the production email yet

You won't get a production email, only one when it ships. Even though the acknowledgment email says you'll receive one, I'm not aware of 1 person that's actually gotten one when they go into production.

I checked about an hour ago and still 135 for the heroes. Glad I decided when I did. Only 100 difference but still. Counting down the days for my order to come in. Two weeks in hoping for next week but haven’t gotten the production email yet

You won't get a production email, only one when it ships. Even though the acknowledgment email says you'll receive one, I'm not aware of 1 person that's actually gotten one when they go into production.

I didn’t get one. Our local “rep” had commented back to me on one of her Instagram posts that mine would be here soon. I figured she was just saying that to remind me they would eventually be here. A few days later I got my shipping notice.

They mustve bought some new loft and lie machines and bumped the price up to make up for the cost.

Hahaha! Poor guy!

The poor guys are the one who have to spend good money and wait a month for clubs only to have the specs all over the map. Then PXG makes out like it’s your fault but you can send them back and wait another week or 2 and hope they get it right this time. *Cue deflection

I’m starting to come around on the XF 4 iron in the bag. I bought 5-G 0311 P but I use a 4 iron a lot to lay up with and thought the extra forgiveness would be welcome. I was not sold on the looks once I got it. Tons of offset and a big back end and the club is considerably longer in shaft length.

Now after a few uses I’m starting to like it.

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

They must’ve bought some new loft and lie machines and bumped the price up to make up for the cost.

Hahaha! Poor guy!

The poor guys are the one who have to spend good money and wait a month for clubs only to have the specs all over the map. Then PXG makes out like it’s your fault but you can send them back and wait another week or 2 and hope they get it right this time. *Cue deflection

Well, I didn't have any problems and I'm not the only one.

Because the other OEM's are perfect. Is that the lunacy you are trying to promote? You know it sounds crazy, right? Every OEM has problems from time to time. You are just suffering from PXG Derangement Syndrome, lol...

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Is the hero program available through local shops/fitters that carry pxg or only thru their online program?

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos 
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

They mustve bought some new loft and lie machines and bumped the price up to make up for the cost.

Hahaha! Poor guy!

The poor guys are the one who have to spend good money and wait a month for clubs only to have the specs all over the map. Then PXG makes out like its your fault but you can send them back and wait another week or 2 and hope they get it right this time. *Cue deflection

Because the other OEM's are perfect. Is that the lunacy you are trying to promote? You know it sounds crazy, right? Every OEM has problems from time to time. You are just suffering from PXG Derangement Syndrome, lol...

Lol you have then derangement thing backwards. I thought you had me blocked anyway. There’s been MANY guys that have paid a premium price for subpar club building to be told they were wrong but PXG would do them a favor and do it right the second time. For what they think their merchandise is worth, the time it takes to get it, and what they charge for shipping there should be zero issues with anything. Thanks for the other oem deflection just as I predicted.

They must’ve bought some new loft and lie machines and bumped the price up to make up for the cost.

Hahaha! Poor guy!

Lol you have then derangement thing backwards. I thought you had me blocked anyway. There’s been MANY guys that have paid a premium price for subpar club building to be told they were wrong but PXG would do them a favor and do it right the second time. For what they think their merchandise is worth, the time it takes to get it, and what they charge for shipping there should be zero issues with anything. Thanks for the other oem deflection just as I predicted.

I get it, you hate Parsons and PXG. I'll let you be, your hate gives me negative vibes.

Hahaha! Poor guy!

The poor guys are the one who have to spend good money and wait a month for clubs only to have the specs all over the map. Then PXG makes out like its your fault but you can send them back and wait another week or 2 and hope they get it right this time. *Cue deflection

I can’t speak for everyone, but I was one where the specs were as much as 2* off. To be fair EVERY Taylormade order I’ve ever placed has been off and others have had variations. The only company I’ve ever had every number dead on is Mizuno.

I don’t think the lead time is unusual (my Vokey order took the same amount this August). Shipping is a little much I’ll agree.

To PXG’s credit, they responded to me when I reached out about the issue (I’ve been ignored by other companies). They offered to make it right on their dime and then sent me an accessory to make up for it.

Not at all being a fanboy, but I have zero complaints and am happy with the outcome at this point.

Callaway Epic 9* (DF 60TX)

Callaway Epic SZ 3W (D+ 70X)
Callaway Epic 5W (Kai'li 70X)

Titleist U510 3 (Atmos Black HB TS 9X)

Titleist U500 4 (MODUS 120X)

Titleist T100S 5-PW (MODUS 120X)
Titleist SM8 48* F (MODUS 120X)

Titleist SM7 56* F (S400)
Titleist SM7 60* L (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0)
Edel E-1

Is the hero program available through local shops/fitters that carry pxg or only thru their online program?

I got fit by a master fitter and placed the order with him. They used to not but they do now. Actually worked out because I was able to get a different shaft in the driver that wasn’t listed.

Same, I was able to place my hero order directly through the fitter. He told me that they used to not do it that way and it was a recent change. I'm guessing they were doing a lot of hero's fittings and not getting any credit/ commission for their work.

I got fit by a master fitter and placed the order with him. They used to not but they do now. Actually worked out because I was able to get a different shaft in the driver that wasn’t listed.

Same, I was able to place my hero order directly through the fitter. He told me that they used to not do it that way and it was a recent change. I'm guessing they were doing a lot of hero's fittings and not getting any credit/ commission for their work.

The profit fit the fitter on these really isn’t that much. It’s almost a wash

Finally chatted with someone at PXG about the specs being so far off. They were apologetic and offered to have me send them back for them to readjust. Seemed genuinely surprised they were off since they’re left to one builder for their entire completion, not pushed down an assembly line.

Won’t put the $$ back in my pocket for getting them bent correctly after the fact but they did send a little swag for the trouble. Appreciate they at least tried to make it right.

Same issue here...every club was off. First Email I was basically told "we don't make mistakes". Posted my issue and their lack of caring on their Facebook page and they asked for a DM, then received a call from Player services...received apology and promise of swag. 3 weeks...no swag. Another DM to Facebook and swag overnighted with another apology. They sent a player's towel and the leather valuable bag.

Really love the clubs once they were bent correctly but, wow this company has a lot of issues with getting the right specs out!

Ping G425 9°
Titleist TSi2 13.5°
Titleist 818 H2 18°
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 5-GW
Cleveland RTX 4  56° & 60° 64°
Piretti Forza 

It seems a lot of the problems are with orders that require multiple adjustments. I wonder if they have different people working on a set.

I was fortunate my fitting was standard, so no bending or adjustments were necessary.

Maybe they need to slow down a bit. I'm sure with the Heroes Program production and assembly has at least tripled.

It seems a lot of the problems are with orders that require multiple adjustments. I wonder if they have different people working on a set.

I was fortunate my fitting was standard, so no bending or adjustments were necessary.

Maybe they need to slow down a bit. I'm sure with the Heroes Program production and assembly has at least tripled.

Mine only required a 1* upright lie angle on a 4-PW set. When they arrived, the lofts and lies were all over the place. Luckily, I own a loft/lie machine and was able to rectify the situation.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Titleist TSi3 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X

Titleist TSi3 20* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-P - Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Pro V1X

Can add me to the list of individuals who have had bad experiences with their QC/CS.....on both of my orders (and twice on the one after they “fixed” their mistake). I understand mistakes can be made but for a company that brags about their quality of clubs and the price they demand, I expect more and so should everyone else. They will keep making these mistakes if we, the customers don’t speak up. If you just pass it off as “well every other manufacture has same issues” then they won’t put an effort into correcting the source of their mistakes. We as consumers need to demand better from ALL manufactures/companies and this is coming from a business owner myself.

That being said, I don’t have “PXG derangement syndrome”. I own PXG gear and I’m a huge fan of Bobs for his commitment to the military and his various charities. I would probably act like a little school girl who saw Justin Timberlake for the first time if I ever meet Bob ?

Can add me to the list of individuals who have had bad experiences with their QC/CS.....on both of my orders (and twice on the one after they “fixed” their mistake). I understand mistakes can be made but for a company that brags about their quality of clubs and the price they demand, I expect more and so should everyone else. They will keep making these mistakes if we, the customers don’t speak up. If you just pass it off as “well every other manufacture has same issues” then they won’t put an effort into correcting the source of their mistakes. We as consumers need to demand better from ALL manufactures/companies and this is coming from a business owner myself.

That being said, I don’t have “PXG derangement syndrome”. I own PXG gear and I’m a huge fan of Bobs for his commitment to the military and his various charities. I would probably act like a little school girl who saw Justin Timberlake for the first time if I ever meet Bob ?

I'm in agreement 100%. My problem is with people who have zero experience with the company but feel compelled to trash it.

I'm in agreement 100%. My problem is with people who have zero experience with the company but feel compelled to trash it.

Trust me brother I know. I just roll my eyes and move on.

Can add me to the list of individuals who have had bad experiences with their QC/CS.....on both of my orders (and twice on the one after they fixed their mistake). I understand mistakes can be made but for a company that brags about their quality of clubs and the price they demand, I expect more and so should everyone else. They will keep making these mistakes if we, the customers dont speak up. If you just pass it off as well every other manufacture has same issues then they wont put an effort into correcting the source of their mistakes. We as consumers need to demand better from ALL manufactures/companies and this is coming from a business owner myself.

That being said, I dont have PXG derangement syndrome. I own PXG gear and Im a huge fan of Bobs for his commitment to the military and his various charities. I would probably act like a little school girl who saw Justin Timberlake for the first time if I ever meet Bob

Lol

I bought my PXG's 0311's in Darkness. I am finding these are the EASIEST Clubs to keep clean that I have ever owned. Just a little warm water and a soft nylon brush and they are clean. No scrubbing soaking and no soap needed. Seems the darkness has another benefit besides the aesthetics and what I consider a superior framing of the ball. Oh, yeah, and the stock PXG Grips, I never think about them. Very Natural feeling grip with plenty of traction.

I bought my PXG's 0311's in Darkness. I am finding these are the EASIEST Clubs to keep clean that I have ever owned. Just a little warm water and a soft nylon brush and they are clean. No scrubbing soaking and no soap needed. Seems the darkness has another benefit besides the aesthetics and what I consider a superior framing of the ball. Oh, yeah, and the stock PXG Grips, I never think about them. Very Natural feeling grip with plenty of traction.

Dang and here I am having to pressure wash mine and just hit and hope.