Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased some 0311's off the bay, late last week, can't wait to actually have a PXG of any kind in my hands. The 0311's look like they might fill the bill for me, looking for something with nice feel, ample bounce, mid sized head. Funny how Ping is missing the mid sized head market. It's either s55,i210 size or something in the G range. The i500's seems pretty small as well. So PXG it is.

The i200/i210 are Ping’s mid-sized head offering.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Took my new 1 iron out for its debut tonight. Wow!

Oh stop it. I'll be happy if I can hit my new 4 driving iron well.

:)

Just make sure you don’t notice how straight the face is! It’s actually quite nice to look down at. It reminds me a bit of the original Callaway X Utility Proto. Way faster off the face though.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

My 0311's finally arrived yesterday, exactly one day after I got back from a golf trip, lol. Pretty excited to go hit and or play them but not sure when that will be with work and weather. But the first thing I noticed is they are a little bigger than I expected for the players distance category. A little porky in the rear! I'm sure I could use some forgivestance so I plan on not being bothered by the bigger look.

Still waiting on mine but got to thinking about those who have had loft and lie problems. I surprisingly am going with standard even with my 716 ap2 in 2 flat. Did the notice of free club check on the website exist when you all first ordered when it came out? Under the total box it says that so wondering if that’s a recent development or if it was always there. I guess the problem could be for those not close to a fitter unlike myself where we have a fitter based out of Portland. Just curious on this. Plus getting the itch for some new clubs.Still waiting on mine but got to thinking about those who have had loft and lie problems. I surprisingly am going with standard even with my 716 ap2 in 2 flat. Did the notice of free club check on the website exist when you all first ordered when it came out? Under the total box it says that so wondering if that’s a recent development or if it was always there. I guess the problem could be for those not close to a fitter unlike myself where we have a fitter based out of Portland. Just curious on this. Plus getting the itch for some new clubs.

I purchased some 0311's off the bay, late last week, can't wait to actually have a PXG of any kind in my hands. The 0311's look like they might fill the bill for me, looking for something with nice feel, ample bounce, mid sized head. Funny how Ping is missing the mid sized head market. It's either s55,i210 size or something in the G range. The i500's seems pretty small as well. So PXG it is.

The i200/i210 are Ping’s mid-sized head offering.

I have the i200's and was interested in something in between those and the G400's. I'm thinking the Ping eye 2 irons size wise is close to what I am looking for. Whether the 0311's fit that bill, time will tell. My 0311's are expected to be delivered any day now. I do not have exact head size measurements so I'm just going on what suits my eye. I could be 1/2 blind and don't know it though. :)

My client told me my PXG's should be in tomorrow so looking forward to getting in a few rounds with them before the NY weather gets too bad.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Any experiences with drivers? 0811X, LX or XF? What do they compare to?

Bueller? Bueller? No one has tried,ordered or owned 0811X or LX?

I would compare the 0811X to Thor’s hammer. Not tried the LX or XF, Sorry.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I own the LX. Lighter and longer than my Ping G30. I'm not a club ho, so I can't provide you with comparisons. I gained about 8 yards with the switch.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I own the LX. Lighter and longer than my Ping G30. I'm not a club ho, so I can't provide you with comparisons. I gained about 8 yards with the switch.

Thanks Bud.....what loft and shaft? Swingspeed and typical flight?

To those with pxg that are not gaming the pxg gap wedge. What gap wedge do you have in the bag?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

The first batch of my set (7-GW) just arrived. So far, they seem to do exactly what I hoped.

I had them regripped with Golf Pride Align mid-sizes to lessen my draw-inducing strong grip.

The combination feels much better than my previous Ping G700s, is much straighter, and as long or longer.

I'm very much looking forward to the 6, 5 and 4 driving iron arriving.

The one club I'm unsure about is the gap wedge. I may stick to my Cleveland CBX.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

I had an 0811x and whenever I found the center of the face it would go forever and I really liked the muted sound. The drawbacks to me were I really felt like I was punished for anything even slightly off center and I never had a lot of feel for where on the face a miss hit was. If I was in the market right now I’d be really curious of what improvements they’ve made with the gen 2 drivers.

I had an 0811x and whenever I found the center of the face it would go forever and I really liked the muted sound. The drawbacks to me were I really felt like I was punished for anything even slightly off center and I never had a lot of feel for where on the face a miss hit was. If I was in the market right now I’d be really curious of what improvements they’ve made with the gen 2 drivers.

Thanks.....I heard that about standard 0811 but supposedly the 0811X was marketed better.....I'm trying a 915D3 along with M3 and both seem to perform like you mentioned. Adding to this I love the compact, simple design of D3 and 0811X....probably will get one primarily due to pricing.

Still in the process of getting my shafts changed. Went back to my PXG fitter last week, and was getting a peak height of around 150 feet and 8100 rpm with a 7 iron. This was replicated throughout all my modus3 irons. Way too high and way too spinny. As soon as I put something super heavy and pole-like in them, distance, spin and peak height went back to where I wanted it. Yet, he still insisted the Modus3 105X is the right shaft. I certainly timed the ball better with the Modus, but there’s more to it than that.

His suggestion is to jack the lofts 1.5 degrees through the set, but I don’t think this will cure anything. I’m taking them to an independent fitter on Thursday, so will be interested to find out what they say.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Thanks Bud.....what loft and shaft? Swingspeed and typical flight?

10.5, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI, 60-3.6-S, about 90mph, and high ball flight which is why I went with this lower flight shaft.

Hope that helps.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

Still in the process of getting my shafts changed. Went back to my PXG fitter last week, and was getting a peak height of around 150 feet and 8100 rpm with a 7 iron. This was replicated throughout all my modus3 irons. Way too high and way too spinny. As soon as I put something super heavy and pole-like in them, distance, spin and peak height went back to where I wanted it. Yet, he still insisted the Modus3 105X is the right shaft. I certainly timed the ball better with the Modus, but there’s more to it than that.

His suggestion is to jack the lofts 1.5 degrees through the set, but I don’t think this will cure anything. I’m taking them to an independent fitter on Thursday, so will be interested to find out what they say.

Mark, the big thing that making those beauties 1.5 degrees stronger will result in is less effective bounce (ie more digging). If you don't want that, go with the heavier shaft that gets the better numbers for you. Your timing will work itself out. Just a fellow WRX'r giving out his 2 cents....

PXG Black Ops 10.5* w/Fujikura Motore F3
PING G425 Max 3 wood w/ALTA CB 65 Slate

Taylormade Stealth 15* w/Hzrdus RDX 75

SRIXON 3 (22°) Utility Iron w/Recoil Dart F3   
PXG 0317T (5-W) w/Recoil Dart F4

PXG Sugar Daddy II 56* w/Recoil Dart F4

VOKEY SM9 50° & 60° w/Tensei AV
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 w/Accra Shaft (Black on Black)
PRO V1x

Operative word..... I....these are YOUR irons and unless he knows your game better than you, he'd better put the shaft that works best to your liking

I’m the OP of this thread. Just wanted to give an update to anyone still interested. Love love love the clubs.

My only negatives if there are any. Are the grips suck. I immediately tore them off and replaced them. And today I went up to local shop and had all my lofts and lies check. ONLY ONE CLUB was set to the proper loft/lie I had requested when I ordered them. Every club was off 1-2 degrees weak.

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I’m the OP of this thread. Just wanted to give an update to anyone still interested. Love love love the clubs.

My only negatives if there are any. Are the grips suck. I immediately tore them off and replaced them. And today I went up to local shop and had all my lofts and lies check. ONLY ONE CLUB was set to the proper loft/lie I had requested when I ordered them. Every club was off 1-2 degrees weak.

What setup did you request?

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

They did not fulfill my request for particular specifications....however they are still awesome clubs and I'm afraid to touch them as I've learned each club....best thing would be for to get with my club guy and adjust each one.....

No, no, no, never hit from mats. That’s a cardinal sin! Thanks for the information wchahn.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Operative word..... I....these are YOUR irons and unless he knows your game better than you, he'd better put the shaft that works best to your liking

So I had my independent fitting today, and the results were quite interesting. The fitter said that never in a million years should I ever have been put in to the Modus3 105X, and that the recommendation from the PXG fitter to jack the lofts was simply rubbish.

Long story short, I tried just about every heavyweight shaft I could, and the winner by far was the DG X Seven. Now I’ve got to see if PXG will reshaft them for me...

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag