Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

Took my new 1 iron out for its debut tonight. Wow!

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased some 0311's off the bay, late last week, can't wait to actually have a PXG of any kind in my hands. The 0311's look like they might fill the bill for me, looking for something with nice feel, ample bounce, mid sized head. Funny how Ping is missing the mid sized head market. It's either s55,i210 size or something in the G range. The i500's seems pretty small as well. So PXG it is.

I purchased some 0311's off the bay, late last week, can't wait to actually have a PXG of any kind in my hands. The 0311's look like they might fill the bill for me, looking for something with nice feel, ample bounce, mid sized head. Funny how Ping is missing the mid sized head market. It's either s55,i210 size or something in the G range. The i500's seems pretty small as well. So PXG it is.

The i200/i210 are Ping’s mid-sized head offering.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Titleist TSi3 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X

Titleist TSi3 20* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-P - Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Pro V1X

Took my new 1 iron out for its debut tonight. Wow!

Oh stop it. I'll be happy if I can hit my new 4 driving iron well.

:)

Just make sure you don’t notice how straight the face is! It’s actually quite nice to look down at. It reminds me a bit of the original Callaway X Utility Proto. Way faster off the face though.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

My 0311's finally arrived yesterday, exactly one day after I got back from a golf trip, lol. Pretty excited to go hit and or play them but not sure when that will be with work and weather. But the first thing I noticed is they are a little bigger than I expected for the players distance category. A little porky in the rear! I'm sure I could use some forgivestance so I plan on not being bothered by the bigger look.

Still waiting on mine but got to thinking about those who have had loft and lie problems. I surprisingly am going with standard even with my 716 ap2 in 2 flat. Did the notice of free club check on the website exist when you all first ordered when it came out? Under the total box it says that so wondering if that’s a recent development or if it was always there. I guess the problem could be for those not close to a fitter unlike myself where we have a fitter based out of Portland. Just curious on this. Plus getting the itch for some new clubs.Still waiting on mine but got to thinking about those who have had loft and lie problems. I surprisingly am going with standard even with my 716 ap2 in 2 flat. Did the notice of free club check on the website exist when you all first ordered when it came out? Under the total box it says that so wondering if that’s a recent development or if it was always there. I guess the problem could be for those not close to a fitter unlike myself where we have a fitter based out of Portland. Just curious on this. Plus getting the itch for some new clubs.

The i200/i210 are Ping’s mid-sized head offering.

I have the i200's and was interested in something in between those and the G400's. I'm thinking the Ping eye 2 irons size wise is close to what I am looking for. Whether the 0311's fit that bill, time will tell. My 0311's are expected to be delivered any day now. I do not have exact head size measurements so I'm just going on what suits my eye. I could be 1/2 blind and don't know it though. :)

My client told me my PXG's should be in tomorrow so looking forward to getting in a few rounds with them before the NY weather gets too bad.

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response

Any experiences with drivers? 0811X, LX or XF? What do they compare to?

Bueller? Bueller? No one has tried,ordered or owned 0811X or LX?

I would compare the 0811X to Thor’s hammer. Not tried the LX or XF, Sorry.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I own the LX. Lighter and longer than my Ping G30. I'm not a club ho, so I can't provide you with comparisons. I gained about 8 yards with the switch.

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I own the LX. Lighter and longer than my Ping G30. I'm not a club ho, so I can't provide you with comparisons. I gained about 8 yards with the switch.

Thanks Bud.....what loft and shaft? Swingspeed and typical flight?

To those with pxg that are not gaming the pxg gap wedge. What gap wedge do you have in the bag?

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos 
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

The first batch of my set (7-GW) just arrived. So far, they seem to do exactly what I hoped.

I had them regripped with Golf Pride Align mid-sizes to lessen my draw-inducing strong grip.

The combination feels much better than my previous Ping G700s, is much straighter, and as long or longer.

I'm very much looking forward to the 6, 5 and 4 driving iron arriving.

The one club I'm unsure about is the gap wedge. I may stick to my Cleveland CBX.

Mavrik Hzrdus Smoke
Cobra F6 Baffler

Ping G410/Epic Flash Hybrids
Cobra Forged Tec Copper Irons
Cleveland CBX2 wedges
PXG One and Done

I had an 0811x and whenever I found the center of the face it would go forever and I really liked the muted sound. The drawbacks to me were I really felt like I was punished for anything even slightly off center and I never had a lot of feel for where on the face a miss hit was. If I was in the market right now I’d be really curious of what improvements they’ve made with the gen 2 drivers.

I had an 0811x and whenever I found the center of the face it would go forever and I really liked the muted sound. The drawbacks to me were I really felt like I was punished for anything even slightly off center and I never had a lot of feel for where on the face a miss hit was. If I was in the market right now I’d be really curious of what improvements they’ve made with the gen 2 drivers.

Thanks.....I heard that about standard 0811 but supposedly the 0811X was marketed better.....I'm trying a 915D3 along with M3 and both seem to perform like you mentioned. Adding to this I love the compact, simple design of D3 and 0811X....probably will get one primarily due to pricing.

Still in the process of getting my shafts changed. Went back to my PXG fitter last week, and was getting a peak height of around 150 feet and 8100 rpm with a 7 iron. This was replicated throughout all my modus3 irons. Way too high and way too spinny. As soon as I put something super heavy and pole-like in them, distance, spin and peak height went back to where I wanted it. Yet, he still insisted the Modus3 105X is the right shaft. I certainly timed the ball better with the Modus, but there’s more to it than that.

His suggestion is to jack the lofts 1.5 degrees through the set, but I don’t think this will cure anything. I’m taking them to an independent fitter on Thursday, so will be interested to find out what they say.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Thanks Bud.....what loft and shaft? Swingspeed and typical flight?

10.5, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI, 60-3.6-S, about 90mph, and high ball flight which is why I went with this lower flight shaft.

Hope that helps.

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Still in the process of getting my shafts changed. Went back to my PXG fitter last week, and was getting a peak height of around 150 feet and 8100 rpm with a 7 iron. This was replicated throughout all my modus3 irons. Way too high and way too spinny. As soon as I put something super heavy and pole-like in them, distance, spin and peak height went back to where I wanted it. Yet, he still insisted the Modus3 105X is the right shaft. I certainly timed the ball better with the Modus, but there’s more to it than that.

His suggestion is to jack the lofts 1.5 degrees through the set, but I don’t think this will cure anything. I’m taking them to an independent fitter on Thursday, so will be interested to find out what they say.

Mark, the big thing that making those beauties 1.5 degrees stronger will result in is less effective bounce (ie more digging). If you don't want that, go with the heavier shaft that gets the better numbers for you. Your timing will work itself out. Just a fellow WRX'r giving out his 2 cents....

Callaway 9° Mavrik Max w/Riptide
:smilie_ping:G425 Max w/ 15.5° w/Alta CB 65 ·  G425 Max 18.5° w/Alta CB 65 ·  G425 22° Hybrid w/Alta CB 70
PING G425 (5-U) w/Recoil 95

PING Glide 3.0 54°/60° w/XP 95
PING Sigma G Tyne
Titleist Pro V1x

Operative word..... I....these are YOUR irons and unless he knows your game better than you, he'd better put the shaft that works best to your liking

I’m the OP of this thread. Just wanted to give an update to anyone still interested. Love love love the clubs.

My only negatives if there are any. Are the grips suck. I immediately tore them off and replaced them. And today I went up to local shop and had all my lofts and lies check. ONLY ONE CLUB was set to the proper loft/lie I had requested when I ordered them. Every club was off 1-2 degrees weak.

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I’m the OP of this thread. Just wanted to give an update to anyone still interested. Love love love the clubs.

My only negatives if there are any. Are the grips suck. I immediately tore them off and replaced them. And today I went up to local shop and had all my lofts and lies check. ONLY ONE CLUB was set to the proper loft/lie I had requested when I ordered them. Every club was off 1-2 degrees weak.

What setup did you request?

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response

They did not fulfill my request for particular specifications....however they are still awesome clubs and I'm afraid to touch them as I've learned each club....best thing would be for to get with my club guy and adjust each one.....