Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

I'm glad PXG created a thread to advertise their clubs....and apparently they have minions who post fake news about how Ping and all other clubs suck compared to the PXGs. One post stated the PXG's thin top line which is laughable. Come on guys...admit it....it's a PXG thread....get rid of the "?" on the topic.

I guess you have a lot of free time on your hands if you read the entire thread about irons you aren't interested in.

Admittedly too harsh....

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys...you know my position on PXG irons...but let me add some interesting insight. I played with a guy today who is a pro at a club in Socal. He's also a PXG representative. He annihilates the ball....he shot 68 with what seemed like he was goofing around....and it's NOT an easy course.

Anyway, he was playing the 0311T's with KBS 130 shafts. They felt like sledgehammers to me weight-wise. So I asked him how he liked the PXG's vs. his prior Titlelist MBs. He said the PXG's started out far too strong in terms of distance, so he had to deloft his irons by 2* He also said the Gen 1's had "terrible turf interaction", but the Gen 2's are perfectly fine. And he would not go back to the Titleist MBs. I asked him if the average player could benefit from the PXG's. He said they should opt for the XF's because even off-center hits travel well. He really thinks the average Joe weekend golfer should get the XF's.

So there you go....I know I'll get some sharp comments in response...and rightfully so...but I have no problem with that because this info may help some folks who plan to spend $3k on irons. Oh and by the way....he said Parson's throws money around like nothing....and as such he invited all the reps for a weekend stay at a very expensive hotel with fine food and he treated them very well. I liked to hear that. So maybe I'm not as anti-PXG now if the guy treats his reps well.

Certain things I just don’t buy, not because of the product per say but because of the company or the people they sponsor. Nike because of their horrible human rights violations, Tiger Woods and Lebron. PXG because if the owner and his ego as well as the GoDaddy sleaze commercials.

Clubs might be great, not for me.

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

Certain things I just don’t buy, not because of the product per say but because of the company or the people they sponsor. Nike because of their horrible human rights violations, Tiger Woods and Lebron. PXG because if the owner and his ego as well as the GoDaddy sleaze commercials.

Now that I think about it, didn't PXG offer the Gen 1's to Vets at a discount? And the rep said they stink? OK...that's annoying. Did they know they stunk and played "nice" and sell the sets at a "discount" when they should have sold them for scrap metal?

Now that I think about it, didn't PXG offer the Gen 1's to Vets at a discount? And the rep said they stink? OK...that's annoying. Did they know they stunk and played "nice" and sell the sets at a "discount" when they should have sold them for scrap metal?

Its called PXG for Heroes. Its for military and first responders. Many of us in this thread purchased our PXGs through this program.

I bought the Gen1 0311T for $875 for 4-PW. I love mine. Turf interaction is great.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

With all do respect, Bob Parsons is a decorated Marine. Can you say the same?

Enough said!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Its called PXG for Heroes. Its for military and first responders. Many of us in this thread purchased our PXGs through this program.

I bought the Gen1 0311T for $875 for 4-PW. I love mine. Turf interaction is great.

Same here. I purchased mine through the Heroes Program, and I'm thankful to Mr. Parsons for honoring my two combat tours while serving my country during Operation Just Cause and Desert Storm. I'm also a disabled combat vet, so when people throw idiotic insults at Parsons, they are also insulting me and my sacrifice.

I got fitted for a full bag and XF irons. They are great!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

They are offered to everyone right now. Vets, active duty and first responders are getting a bigger discount than the $175 everyone else plays

Certain things I just don't buy, not because of the product per say but because of the company or the people they sponsor. Nike because of their horrible human rights violations, Tiger Woods and Lebron. PXG because if the owner and his ego as well as the GoDaddy sleaze commercials.

Same here. I purchased mine through the Heroes Program, and I'm thankful to Mr. Parsons for honoring my two combat tours while serving my country during Operation Just Cause and Desert Storm. I'm also a disabled combat vet, so when people throw idiotic insults at Parsons, they are also insulting me and my sacrifice.

Well I just let you know he treats his sales reps well.

Certain things I just don't buy, not because of the product per say but because of the company or the people they sponsor. Nike because of their horrible human rights violations, Tiger Woods and Lebron. PXG because if the owner and his ego as well as the GoDaddy sleaze commercials.

They are offered to everyone right now. Vets, active duty and first responders are getting a bigger discount than the $175 everyone else plays

Seems to me it's a LOT more than $175 per club....if you can find that deal for Gen 2's...let me know...I might even bite.

The Gen 1's definitely don't stink. The Gen 1 irons were almost universally lauded except for the price tag. I hit both Gen 1 and Gen 2 XF irons and could not tell much of a difference between them. I saved a bunch of money buying Gen 1 and I love my irons. I'm especially happy with the KBS TGI shafts I got at no upcharge.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Well I just let you know he treats his sales reps well.

That's good to know. Some people around here don't know what they are talking about. Parsons does a lot for veterans, even before PXG came to be.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

The Gen 1's definitely don't stink. The Gen 1 irons were almost universally lauded except for the price tag. I hit both Gen 1 and Gen 2 XF irons and could not tell much of a difference between them. I saved a bunch of money buying Gen 1 and I love my irons. I'm especially happy with the KBS TGI shafts I got at no upcharge.

Excellent...just telling you what the rep said who has hit every single PXG to the point of exhaustion.

Say that again. I got mine with Modus Pro's 120's at no extra charge.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Seems to me it's a LOT more than $175 per club....if you can find that deal for Gen 2's...let me know...I might even bite.

Gen 2s don’t have discount other than the sgi set. The discount is on gen1.

OK guys...you know my position on PXG irons...but let me add some interesting insight. I played with a guy today who is a pro at a club in Socal. He's also a PXG representative. He annihilates the ball....he shot 68 with what seemed like he was goofing around....and it's NOT an easy course.

Anyway, he was playing the 0311T's with KBS 130 shafts. They felt like sledgehammers to me weight-wise. So I asked him how he liked the PXG's vs. his prior Titlelist MBs. He said the PXG's started out far too strong in terms of distance, so he had to deloft his irons by 2* He also said the Gen 1's had "terrible turf interaction", but the Gen 2's are perfectly fine. And he would not go back to the Titleist MBs. I asked him if the average player could benefit from the PXG's. He said they should opt for the XF's because even off-center hits travel well. He really thinks the average Joe weekend golfer should get the XF's.

So there you go....I know I'll get some sharp comments in response...and rightfully so...but I have no problem with that because this info may help some folks who plan to spend $3k on irons. Oh and by the way....he said Parson's throws money around like nothing....and as such he invited all the reps for a weekend stay at a very expensive hotel with fine food and he treated them very well. I liked to hear that. So maybe I'm not as anti-PXG now if the guy treats his reps well.

Gen 1's were great irons but they are selling off their Gen 1 inventory at a steep discount ($175 per club) and want everyone to buy their Gen 2's so of course the sales rep will tell you Gen 2 is better. As for his XF comments, one should test the 3 models to see which fits them best.

I don't see a reason to be anti any club manufacturer. I've owned clubs from every manufacturer and will try anything if it improves my game. I bought the PXG's because of the price drop. I was fortunate when I ordered they ran out of lefty Gen 1's and sent me a set of Gen 2's at the same price, that is what a quality organization does for their customers.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

He’s also donated millions to charity and has employed most likely thousands of people with his businesses. I don’t care that he’s a little obnoxious and outspoken. Actions speak louder then words. He’s not perfect, but he’s done more for the betterment of society then probably any person on this forum.

Excellent...just telling you what the rep said who has hit every single PXG to the point of exhaustion.

I believe you, I just think it's a bit odd that an actual PXG rep thinks any of their models "stink." A lot of impartial reviewers really loved the Gen 1s but just thought the price wasn't worth it. The reduction in price on the original irons makes them a no brainer to try.

I don't see a reason to be anti any club manufacturer. I've owned clubs from every manufacturer and will try anything if it improves my game. I bought the PXG's because of the price drop. I was fortunate when I ordered they ran out of lefty Gen 1's and sent me a set of Gen 2's at the same price, that is what a quality organization does for their customers.

Me either and same. I've owned Ping, Mizuno, Cobra, Titleist, Taylormade, etc etc. I got to try PXG at a fitting and they felt amazing and performed just as well. I don't stan for any company, but the PXG hate is outdated. In fact, with the no charge iron shaft offerings, they actually come out cheaper than other manufacturers.

The thread that keeps on giving. This is keyboard warrior Mecca.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

The sales rep's opinion on turf interaction was his opinion of course, and playing at his level maybe he sees stuff the average guy doesn't. He had zero intention to sell me PXG's. It was my asking him about the PXG's that started the discussion. I've played with him several times before so I know the guy enough. If I bought a set it would be the XF's because why not get more help for us weekend golfers?

I didn't mention how he absolutely blasted his PXG driver and 3W. They sounded like hitting rocks...but I can say it was astounding to watch a 360 yard drive here and there.

The sales rep's opinion on turf interaction was his opinion of course, and playing at his level maybe he sees stuff the average guy doesn't. He had zero intention to sell me PXG's. It was my asking him about the PXG's that started the discussion. I've played with him several times before so I know the guy enough. If I bought a set it would be the XF's because why not get more help for us weekend golfers?

I didn't mention how he absolutely blasted his PXG driver and 3W. They sounded like hitting rocks...but I can say it was astounding to watch a 360 yard drive here and there.

I don't know what clubs you play now but the XF's are wide soled, oversized and have more offset just as you'd expect from SGI irons. I doubt as a 5.7 index you would pick them if you hit all three unless you're playing SGI irons now.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I don't know what clubs you play now but the XF's are wide soled, oversized and have more offset just as you'd expect from SGI irons. I doubt as a 5.7 index you would pick them if you hit all three unless you're playing SGI irons now.

The XF’s are actually a step down from the SGI PXG’s.

I love how mine feel and my accuracy has improved markedly. Probably a lot can be contributed to being more fit for them. FWIW I am a high handicap.

Was playing Ping G irons and hated how they felt. Switched to Ping i200’s and love how they look and hit them pretty well. Didn’t feel like I gave up any forgiveness. I jumped on the PXG’s because of the half off gen 1 clubs. Also got Aerotech shafts as a no charge upgrade!

I mainly go back and forth between G30s and MP69s. I have 2,3,4 hybrids so the differences between a G30 5 iron or MP is negligible other than carry distance with less jacked-up lofts in the 69s. I have also found that mishits, in general, carry roughly the same distance....or not enough difference to make/break a hole. My point is if I'm going to spend $3k on clubs, I'd opt for the set that will have even a 5% better chance of being easier to hit. I bought my MP's on Ebay for $599 which were a close-out new set. If I didn't like them I wasn't out a ton of money. Plus, I played MP-9's for years, and have older blade sets, so I'm not reluctant to play blades..

You might be right...but the only way i would know is to get demo sets of each PXG series and play them on the course. The one thing I've found is store testing does not replicate course play. There's no "pressure" in store testing. Even hitting them on the range doesn't tell me much. It's that 7 iron, all carry shot on a par 3 over water that tells me how well me and the club work together.

The XF’s are actually a step down from the SGI PXG’s.

I love how mine feel and my accuracy has improved markedly. Probably a lot can be contributed to being more fit for them. FWIW I am a high handicap.

Was playing Ping G irons and hated how they felt. Switched to Ping i200’s and love how they look and hit them pretty well. Didn’t feel like I gave up any forgiveness. I jumped on the PXG’s because of the half off gen 1 clubs. Also got Aerotech shafts as a no charge upgrade!

This is my journey exactly except I went from Ping G irons to i200s to Titleist AP1s to PXG 0311 XF. Steelfibers were my usual shaft choice, but I've moved to the KBS TGI and I love them. I always seem to get along well with KBS shafts.

Until a company starts paying me, I'm always a free agent and just play what I like. To each his own. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Play what ever your comfortable with. I’m a 9 handicap this year and I play the 0311T. No issues. It can depend to on why your handicap is where it’s at. For me my irons are my bread and butter but my driving kills me. If you’re playing MBs and CBs you could play the original 0311 or the Ts. The Ts would still be bigger than what your playing. Size comparison of the Ts are same as the P770. Ts are very forgiving for me

the 0311T is as big as I would want, about same as an AP2 , so glad I didn't get players, I just don't like big heads.......irons look exactly like ping irons

T is same as most players cbs.....sole is about an i20 I would guess maybe touch smaller....

Mine came in 1 week after order and build is good, SW are consistent have no issue.....I ordered 1 flat and they came lil flatter than I like so I'll have em bent to std (divots been a lil toe side) but that's on me not PXG......easy fix

The tours are pretty damn forgiving, feel sucks if mishit it but ball still gets there

But I was shocked how much it resembles a ping at address.......carbon copy almost

And price dropped $20 per club right after I ordered, could have got another club....lol