Single prong divot / pitch mark repair tool

Guys , looking for a decent quality single prong divot repair tool, that I know are available out there , but as I am in the UK , we seem to be at the tail when it comes to getting decent range & quality merchandise ...

i essence what I am looking for is a good quality divot tool , single prong with a fairly substantial life .....If you can post up a few pics of what you have , I an make a judgement on what I like & what I will be prepared to do to get one ...

A friend of mine was at Eastlake last fall & picked up one from the pro shop ..been trawling ebay but to no avail what I am looking for must only be available at the course / in pro shops ..

Any assistance greatly received .

Steven

Try this...

TEWO69NA-180x180.jpg

Check out claret dreamer on Instagram; he makes an awesome wood piece that holds a tee. Lots of other handmade single prong options as well!

9° PXG 0811X Gen 2 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 65 6.5
15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5 Srixon 585 Project X LZ 6.5
6-PW Srixon 785 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day) or 0418

These are my personal favorite.

https://www.prgamericas.com/products/usa-divot-tool-and-ball-marker

I have given many of them as gifts as well and everyone loves them.

TaylorMade SIM Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-6
TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º & 19º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-7
Titleist U•510 Iron 4i ~ Project X HZRDUS Black 80
Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5 – PW ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) & 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 SS blackout
Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140) 
Bridgestone Tour B X
  • 6 months later...

I use pitchpro-

It's perfect for fixing ball marks, easy to to use, hold on to with molded spot for the thumb and a stop so you don't push in too far. I have seen these at clubs, had.one, then lost it and a member on WRX was nice enough to send me a few from his home club👍. Buy a few if you see them for sale!

This would be an improvement with the notched end on the handle to rest a club. You can do that with the pitchpro, but it takes a little more care to make sure the club does not fall off the circular edge-

I have a Seamus golf one. Love it..it's copper and heavy and is clearly handworked/finished.

G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
Sonartec SS 3.5 14* Aldila NV Green S
915 2h Diamana D+
PING iBlade 4-5 DGS400
PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x YELLOW / Vice Pro+ Lime / Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow

If you want to make your own and really get into it, get an ice pick with a round handle. Cut the pick off about 1/2 way down the blade and resharpen it to a point (you want about 1 & 1/2 inches of blade/pick). Then after you fix the ball mark you can use the rounded handle to roll back and forth over the mark a few times to really smooth it out, like rolling out dough.

I have the Callaway from Rockbottom listed earlier and the Odyssey in the last post but I'm digging my new one. Magnetic marker shaped like guitar pick and other side has bottle opener.

Is this metal or plastic? Also how easy is it to take off the ball marker? I have the metal single prong and have a heck of time getting the marker off

Serious question:

Why a one prong? Wouldn’t a 2 prong be twice as good and quick?

EDIT: I have one single prong but I have never used it thinking it would be less effective and create more damage. Is a single more effective for firmer greens? Or is simply a preference?

Serious question:

Why a one prong? Wouldn’t a 2 prong be twice as good and quick?

EDIT: I have one single prong but I have never used it thinking it would be less effective and create more damage. Is a single more effective for firmer greens? Or is simply a preference?

I've been a 2 prong guy since day one, until I found a single prong and started using it. To me, a single prong is absolutely perfect for repairing ball marks. Instead of pulling the grass up or inward it simply loosens it enough to pull it where you need it. I'm hunting more.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Serious question:

Why a one prong? Wouldn't a 2 prong be twice as good and quick?

I've been a 2 prong guy since day one, until I found a single prong and started using it. To me, a single prong is absolutely perfect for repairing ball marks. Instead of pulling the grass up or inward it simply loosens it enough to pull it where you need it. I'm hunting more.

Thank you, I look at mine, and it is from a pretty famous course and I totally want to "bust it out" but never did. Dang it, with your response, 2019 is the year of the single prong (if I like it)!

My kid made these:

He sells them with custom logos..

This was the design he did for the University of Florida Golf team.... They got 24 of them.

This is NOT me trying to sell them...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My kid made these:

This was the design he did for the University of Florida Golf team.... They got 24 of them.

I agree cool looking tool but terrible logo. Are they 3-D printed? What material is it made out of? Your son should sell a lot of them if he advertises them.

My kid made these:

I agree cool looking tool but terrible logo. Are they 3-D printed? What material is it made out of? Your son should sell a lot of them if he advertises them.

they are made on our/his 3d printer. Made out of PLA (cornstarch based plastic)

we have made some ugly ones.... one of my closest buddies has that ugly a** "G" on all his stuff.. he is my kids "adopted uncle" so he got a grey one with "his" logo

the single prong one works really well, the two prong one works ok...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Love the single prong tools. Any ideas where the Pitchpro is available to order?

Callaway Epic 10.5 - Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
Cobra F6 15.5 - Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
Cobra F6 Hybrid - Matrix HQ4
23* Srixon U65 - Nippon Modus Tour105 S
5-PW Srixon Z565 - Nippon Modus Tour105 S
50* Callaway MD3
54* and 58* Callaway PM Grind
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 1.5