Single prong divot / pitch mark repair tool

I have the Callaway from Rockbottom listed earlier and the Odyssey in the last post but I'm digging my new one. Magnetic marker shaped like guitar pick and other side has bottle opener.

Is this metal or plastic? Also how easy is it to take off the ball marker? I have the metal single prong and have a heck of time getting the marker off

Metal and marker tilts right up when you press the tip of the triangle .... one handed no problem.

Single prong tools are easier on the turf. Not by much but they are. Also if people pull up instead of push forward fewer roots will break.

If anybody needs the single prong ones PM we have them for free on our first tee and I would be happy to send some out. Being a greenskeeper and mowing greens 3 days a week I will do anything I can to encourage people to fix ball marks at any course.

EDIT... we actually use ice picks. We have holders for them on the mowers and rollers.

• 1 month later...

> @TheMarvelousOne said:

> > @TheShaun said:

> > Anyone know where I can get a switchblade or retractable single prong tool?

>

> someone needs to make an Out The Front knife style divot tool. I'd pay good money for that.

I’ve actually been working on one. Ideally would be DA Auto if I can make it work affordably. Hard part is finding time to work on stuff.

> @mallrat said:

> Also if people pull up instead of push forward fewer roots will break.

Hmmm, pull up instead of push forward....are you saying both of these guys (and many more are wrong)?...

> @RickKimbrell said:

> > @mallrat said:

> > Also if people pull up instead of push forward fewer roots will break.

> Hmmm, pull up instead of push forward....are you saying both of these guys (and many more are wrong)?...

>

>

>

>

>

>

might be he's speaking of it as standing on the "front" side of the pitchmark and reaching over it to insert the divot tool, where you'd pull up instead of push forward, which would be correct and the same "fix" as if you were standing behind the pitchmark facing the front of the green ... i think most of us know the proper way, but there've been a couple of explanations i've seen online where i was questioning the precision of the explanation ...

or he could not know wtf he's talking about ... distinct possibility online these days ...

> @tiderider said:

> > @RickKimbrell said:

> > > @mallrat said:

> > > Also if people pull up instead of push forward fewer roots will break.

> > Hmmm, pull up instead of push forward....are you saying both of these guys (and many more are wrong)?...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> might be he's speaking of it as standing on the "front" side of the pitchmark and reaching over it to insert the divot tool, where you'd pull up instead of push forward, which would be correct and the same "fix" as if you were standing behind the pitchmark facing the front of the green ... i think most of us know the proper way, but there've been a couple of explanations i've seen online where i was questioning the precision of the explanation ...

>

> or he could not know wtf he's talking about ... distinct possibility online these days ...

The quote was taken out of context and could have been worded better. But..

Hes saying pulling up is wrong but if done with a single prong tool it will do less damage than with a 2 prong tool.

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Dr.Frankenputz said:

I’ve got a Seamus single prong that’s great but my favorite/one I use the most is my Mannkrafted with a clip. 

5F979294-28A9-4A68-87F2-9C159888DE71.jpeg

Yeah I like that one too a lot

The weight of the Seamus is a big reason I prefer it over that one.

Yadi for President