Evidently Brooks is "Yoked, Ripped and Jacked".....Orly?

joeplus2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to discount Brooks in any way at all. He clearly is a performer and has a strong mental game when it comes to majors. The guy can downright play, there is no question there. Brooks is also in great shape but I'm going to play devils advocate a bit here. During a post-round interview with Amanda he mentions having a personal chef and lifting 6-7 days a week. Having a personal chef and training that much...the guy should be shredded cheese! Like most of us, I am sure he eats more calories than he needs and I bet it comes from the odd beer and burger from time-to-time. Can you blame him? I certainly can't; heck I'd be all over the burgs! LOL. Brooks carries a build that is superior than the average build on the PGA tour. Lets be honest for a second; this isn't hard to achieve at all.

ย 

If you want to see ripped and shredded while being a downright athlete, go check out Jeff @ AthleanX. This guy takes it to a whole new level and guess what, he trains actual NFL players to boot!

ย 

Brooks likes to lift and he likes to eat. When you combine both of these factors with a reasonable level of dedication you can get an outcome similar to what you see with Brooks.

ย 

Huge congrats to Brooks and kudos to him for his training program as its clearly working. I wish more players on tour were like Brooks.

TSi3 9ยฐ - Tenseiย Pro Orange 70TXย ย 

TSi2 13.5ยฐ - Tensei Pro White 80TXย 

TSi2 18ยฐ - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54ยฐ & 58ยฐ - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Bladeย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  ย  ย  ย 

ProV1Xย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 

ย 

I don't want to discount Brooks in any way at all. He clearly is a performer and has a strong mental game when it comes to majors. The guy can downright play, there is no question there. Brooks is also in great shape but I'm going to play devils advocate a bit here. During a post-round interview with Amanda he mentions having a personal chef and lifting 6-7 days a week. Having a personal chef and training that much...the guy should be shredded cheese! Like most of us, I am sure he eats more calories than he needs and I bet it comes from the odd beer and burger from time-to-time. Can you blame him? I certainly can't; heck I'd be all over the burgs! LOL. Brooks carries a build that is superior than the average build on the PGA tour. Lets be honest for a second; this isn't hard to achieve at all.

ย 

If you want to see ripped and shredded while being a downright athlete, go check out Jeff @ AthleanX. This guy takes it to a whole new level and guess what, he trains actual NFL players to boot!

ย 

Brooks likes to lift and he likes to eat. When you combine both of these factors with a reasonable level of dedication you can get an outcome similar to what you see with Brooks.

ย 

Huge congrats to Brooks and kudos to him for his training program as its clearly working. I wish more players on tour were like Brooks.

ย 

I think the best comparison is to a baseball player. A stocky strong player who hits with power, but is not extra lean.

ย 

Lots of ball players around at various levels, who if they dressed in tight shirts would look similar to him

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think the best comparison is to a baseball player. A stocky strong player who hits with power, but is not extra lean.

ย 

Lots of ball players around at various levels, who if they dressed in tight shirts would look similar to him

ย 

Agreed. Even a certain percentage of NHL players would fall in this category to.

ย 

Being ultra lean for some people can come with sacrifices and consequences for some folk. These can include but are not limited to: lack of energy and strength, electrolyte imbalances due to low water retention levels, low testosterone levels and joint problems. Iโ€™ve only achieved sub 8% BF Levels in my life a few times and each time Iโ€™ve always been tired and weak.

TSi3 9ยฐ - Tenseiย Pro Orange 70TXย ย 

TSi2 13.5ยฐ - Tensei Pro White 80TXย 

TSi2 18ยฐ - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54ยฐ & 58ยฐ - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Bladeย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  ย  ย  ย 

ProV1Xย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 

ย 

Morning Drive just reported Brooks is able to do 14 reps @ 225 lbs on the bench press.

ย 

If theyโ€™re talking about him doing it at planet fitness on the Cybex rails machine, not impressed. If itโ€™s free weight benching, good reps.

Agreed. The one pic ive seen of him benching is like 205 on a smith machine. I doubt he does that weight on a free weight bench. He has that soft, water retaining creatine look to me.

Morning Drive just reported Brooks is able to do 14 reps @ 225 lbs on the bench press.

ย 

If theyโ€™re talking about him doing it at planet fitness on the Cybex rails machine, not impressed. If itโ€™s free weight benching, good reps.

Agreed. The one pic ive seen of him benching is like 205 on a smith machine. I doubt he does that weight on a free weight bench. He has that soft, water retaining creatine look to me.

ย 

I've read that benching on a Smith machine allows you to do ~15% than a free weight bench press. And that's assuming it's set up with a 45 lb. bar, which is often not the case. Some go as low as 15.

ย 

If they're talking about him doing it at planet fitness on the Cybex rails machine, not impressed. If it's free weight benching, good reps.

ย 

I've read that benching on a Smith machine allows you to do ~15% than a free weight bench press. And that's assuming it's set up with a 45 lb. bar, which is often not the case. Some go as low as 15.

ย 

Most Smith type bench machines are counter balanced to weigh under 5lbs.

Guys it is not medium .. it is schmedium

ย 

Sheesh

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9
ย 

ย 

Golf is primarily an explosive power based game a la sprinting, shotput, baseball hitting. It's not an endurance sport like marathon running, it's not a mental sport like chess. The name of the game is controlled raw explosive power. Now that Tiger enlightened the world on this concept and changed the game, this is what the future will look like. Pure unadulterated man meat crushing PEDs like John Daly did Coors Light and hitting 370+ yard dingers off the tee.

ย 

Golf is nothing like sprinting. Maybe a little like shot-putting or hitting in baseball, but, over the course of a tournament the swing does tax the body a lot. Also, I doubt there are more than a handful of people who would think of using PEDS in Golf. Finally, to say that golf is not a mental sport... Tell that to a golfer.

ย 

Itโ€™s mental in the sense that proprioception, hand-eye coordination, power, and everything we do requires a functioning brain, and some peopleโ€™s brains help facilitate these things better than others. But as far is it being a mental game like chess or poker, nope. Golf is an outdoor physical activity and whoever hits the ball best, a primarily physical act, wins.

ย 

ย 

Way off on value of the mental aspect.....without it all the physical attributes as useless

ย 

225 bench totals for different-sized athletes to meet NFL status quo:

• Linemen: 30-39
  • Tight Ends and Linebackers: 25-30
  • Running Backs: 20-25
  • Defensive Backs and Receivers: 15-20

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/nfl-combine-trainer-225-bench-press.html

ย 

Thatโ€™s it, for as much as we look up to football players as โ€œGodโ€™s among menโ€, those numbers are pretty weak. No wonder none of them ever survive a wrestling season...

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0ย 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I've had a simalar build and it takes a min of 4 days a week in the gym. Not that hard with proper nutrition. What's crazy is that he played golf after a hard chest workout. If you're taking your muscles to exhaustion and then hitting the links, that seems weird to me. Also when I was jacked I did have better stamina and less prone to injury, but did not hit it farther.

Also it's hard to juggle a workout routine where you're taking your muscles to exhaustion 4 days a week and trying to golf every day. It's almost impossible, which is why no one on tour looks like BK. What he's doing is freakish.

ย 

You want to look like Brooks itโ€™s really not that hard, you are built in recovery (proper nutrition, diet, and supplementation) not in the gym itself. You could get there with 1 or 2 days in the gym (though as stated 3-4 would be ideal).

ย 

I personally never had issues with pre-exhaustion on the links, it actually helped me use my strength in a positive manner instead of attempting to muscle everything. By โ€œquietingโ€ my arms it allowed me to learn to move my body as a unit versus thinking of the golf swing as manually operating the chain of muscles.

ย 

In the end, the guy was a baseball player, he has a baseball player build. Not that surprising or impressive.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0ย 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Not a mental game? Tell that to every guy who's gacked on a 2 footer to win the hole or the match. You'll see many similar examples during the Ryder Cup.

ย 

Players have choked in every sport. Doesnโ€™t mean everything is a mental sport. The brain plays a role but is far less important than physical ability. Itโ€™s a final piece/cherry on top trait rather than a primary component.

The man crush has become nauseating. While he looks bigger than most of his competitors he wouldnโ€™t stand out amongst the average 20-30 year old at your local gym. The comparison to a linebacker is hilarious as he would only be comparable to a corner back just less โ€œshreddedโ€.

ย 

I am the 6โ€™1 230 pound guy Iโ€™ve seen several websites claim he is. I would make him look like a child standing next to me. Not to mention his legs are the size of a normal teenage boy.

ย 

If his soft body was 210 Iโ€™d be extremely shocked.

The man crush has become nauseating. While he looks bigger than most of his competitors he wouldnโ€™t stand out amongst the average 20-30 year old at your local gym. The comparison to a linebacker is hilarious as he would only be comparable to a corner back just less โ€œshreddedโ€.

ย 

I am the 6โ€™1 230 pound guy Iโ€™ve seen several websites claim he is. I would make him look like a child standing next to me. Not to mention his legs are the size of a normal teenage boy.

ย 

If his soft body was 210 Iโ€™d be extremely shocked.

ย 

Haha! Classic.

ย 

ย 

6-0 186 isn't that big, but big enough for golfers of this age. Much more built than an average male or golfer. In the future might progress to 6-0 210 types, but that will take a while.

ย 

Average weight for MLB players is at 210 lbs. While some of them are overweight slobs, most are fine tuned athletes. Shows that golfers still have a long way to go, as long as they don't go down the PED route.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Williams_(basketball,_born_1975)

ย 

My favorite ball player of all time was listed as 6'1" and between 180-190 his entire career. Look at him, then look at Brooks, and you know that Brooks is a helluva lot bigger than 6'0" 186. The height I buy, the weight has clearly not been updated in a few years.

https://en.wikipedia...ball,_born_1975)

ย 

My favorite ball player of all time was listed as 6'1" and between 180-190 his entire career. Look at him, then look at Brooks, and you know that Brooks is a helluva lot bigger than 6'0" 186. The height I buy, the weight has clearly not been updated in a few years.

ย 

I agree. There is no way that he's 186 lbs. I'm 5'11" and about 205 lbs, and he's bigger that I am. My wife even commented when I told him that he's listed at 186 lbs. that there is no way that's his actual weight. I talked to a guy a few years ago that played with him in the Pro Am at the Phoenix Open, and he was about my size when I asked how big of a guy he was at the time. I weighed about 10 lbs more at that point than I do now.

ย 

As for his "skinny legs", they aren't that skinny. I coached high school boys basketball for 6 years, and his legs are a lot bigger than their legs, including a lot of seniors. I'm aware that some of the comments about his legs are jokes.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plusย set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4ย 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s);ย 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;ย  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent toย 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Since when does a golfer having some semblance of a muscular build make him Adonis? Brooks is a bigger than average dude and it's evident he works out more than his peers....but my goodness the narrative of him and others being borderline bodybuilders is beyond annoying. Modern day athletes stay in shape and use hot equipment....ball goes far....get over it

ย 

(that may have been a rant and for that I'm at least partially apologetic)

ย 

I though Woodland was a larger physical specimen? No?

Since when does a golfer having some semblance of a muscular build make him Adonis? Brooks is a bigger than average dude and it's evident he works out more than his peers....but my goodness the narrative of him and others being borderline bodybuilders is beyond annoying. Modern day athletes stay in shape and use hot equipment....ball goes far....get over it

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gary is a big dude, former collegiate bball player, little thicker now that he's not running up and down the court

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gary is a big dude, former collegiate bball player, little thicker now that he's not running up and down the court

ย 

I always figured he must have been one of those thick point guard types, like Chris Paul.