2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > Very impressed with Romo's round yesterday. It's not a great field top to bottom, but it has some great players in it. I also love it because these rounds always deflates that "pro worship" balloon just a little. Dude just went out as a +1.1 and beat SEVERAL major winners over 18 holes.

> >

> > I'm guessing at a minimum he has to shoot even today and probably one or two under. 5 birdies though is a pretty good sign IMO.

> >

> >

> In the tour thread, someone predicted 81 today.

>

> I'll take the under.

>

> People really think a +1 is going to shoot 81 out there. I'd say that's unlikely. If you go to the website, it says the North Course is 7100+ (not long) but the scorecard only shows 6800 yards. Even at 7100 yards, you're probably only talking about a rating of 75 ish.

>

> A guy at work goes, "he was 1000-1 to win!!!" I go, "i'll give you 1000-1 right now." So, I'm on the hook for a grand if Romo wins this.

The worst score yesterday was 78, no way Romo shoots 81. His first round over under was 75.5. Would still be a cool story. CBS has already announced they will have a fill in for him during the NFL broadcast. With how much Jim Nance loves golf, have to think he'd be pretty stoked too.

He's in one of the last groups off today. He'll know exactly where he's at by that point - although I guess the downside is he'll know exactly where he's at by that point.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @TheCityGame said:

> I don't know if any of you DC guys follow the goings on at the Landmark E street, but the original Blade Runner (Final Cut version) is playing there in early November. If that was in Baltimore, I'd be there. I remember seeing it in a theater in like 92, which was probably neither the ORIGINAL theatrical release nor the final cut version.

Been there a few times. Definitely have seen the original Ghostbusters and Ferris Bueller's Day Off there. It's a cool spot for throwbacks.

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> 2nd place missed opportunity at the Safeway Open: Cook, Meth, Daly.

I would have formed "Champ Meth Baker".

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

@TheCityGame said:

> I don't know if any of you DC guys follow the goings on at the Landmark E street, but the original Blade Runner (Final Cut version) is playing there in early November. If that was in Baltimore, I'd be there. I remember seeing it in a theater in like 92, which was probably neither the ORIGINAL theatrical release nor the final cut version.

Oh shucks...I see a bunch of movies there. Will need to check out the details. Would love to see that in the theater. Thanks for passing that along.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

This came up in our group on Sunday when I followed a possibly lost tee shot with a provisional pop up just past the ladies' tees (we're talking the net competition, here, okay?). We all agreed that the infield fly rule does not apply in golf and I was not automatically out. BUT, we could not agree on whether I could advance the provisional without it losing status as a provisional. We managed to resolve it without fisticuffs or resignations, but I'd like to take a moment to rub it in domes face that I was right.

18.3©. Playing Provisional Ball Until It Becomes the Ball in Play or Is Abandoned

Playing Provisional Ball More Than Once. You may continue to play the provisional ball without it losing its status as a provisional ball so long as it is played from a spot that is the same distance or farther from the hole than where your original ball is estimated to be.

When Provisional Ball Becomes Ball in Play. Your provisional ball becomes your ball in play under penalty of stroke and distance in either of these two cases:

* When your original ball is lost anywhere on the course except in a penalty area or is out of bounds.

* When your provisional ball is played from a spot nearer to the hole than where your original ball is estimated to be.

• Like 1

> @gregh729 said:

> Wife's SIM card on her phone crashed, says it is corrupted. Anyone know a place we could take it to try to get the photos and data off.

Can’t you put the photos in the cloud? If it’s an iPhone that’s easy enough. If it isn’t and you have Amazon Prime then you get Amazon photos free and that’s an easy backup too. You could also upload them to Google Photos. All can be done faster over WiFi than cell data so no sim needed. If the phone won’t even open, hopefully it’s an Apple so you can just take it to an Apple store. Otherwise, I’ve used fix my phone to replace screens on an iPad. I would have to imagine they could do what you need. Hope this helps.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Take it to a fix my phone store. I think the sim is only for cellular service. The phone itself should be fine, well, other than that. I thought Samsungs had a micro SD slot for additional memory, something Apple never could figure out. If you like the phone, take it back to your carrier store and they can just throw a new sim in. Come to think of it, I think we had a similar bad sim issue on my wife’s old iPhone 5 and just installing a new sim and activating it worked. She wore her phone in the pool one year without backing it up and lost everything, that’s why she has like a 50 gb iCloud now, maybe even more to store all of the photos and video. I suggest getting a cloud for the next phone, but I’m pretty sure all of her stuff is fine she just needs to cloud it via WiFi or get a new sim. Maybe the SD Card like from a digital camera too. Good luck sir. I’ve been where you are and it’s no picnic, but I think you’re good.

Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Group question, but mostly for Rick. There's not a way for Ocean City to "work with" the H2Oi people to make something work?

It's not like they would be the first town in history to "look the other way" for a weekend when scofflaws showed up. (Lake Havasu, Fort Lauderdale, etc).

Or it it like h20i small enough contingent to mess things up for the money spenders without spending enough money themselves? I don't know what the scale of it really is, but it seems like the city could find a way to work with people who want to come there in droves every single year.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I actually played golf yesterday. Left my Rapture 3 Wood and hybrids home in favor of some Laminated Maple Blonde Zing 3-5-7 and a Tisi Tec driver just for fun. I made a birdie, 3 or 4 pars, and the rest were “other”. But we managed to get around 1757 on a Sunday afternoon in 4:24 and that is amazing. Gonna play Rattlewood this Friday after a Donuts with Dad for my middle daughter. After that I have no idea when I will play again, but the weather is turning more towards my body type so I’m hoping to sneak out a few sundays. The Redskins sure aren’t worth watching!

Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

> @TheCityGame said:

> Group question, but mostly for Rick. There's not a way for Ocean City to "work with" the H2Oi people to make something work?

>

> It's not like they would be the first town in history to "look the other way" for a weekend when scofflaws showed up. (Lake Havasu, Fort Lauderdale, etc).

>

> Or it it like h20i small enough contingent to mess things up for the money spenders without spending enough money themselves? I don't know what the scale of it really is, but it seems like the city could find a way to work with people who want to come there in droves every single year.

So there used to be one official H20 event- where they took the convention center and filled it with vendors, had a parade down the boardwalk, etc. But like any event, you have a few jerks- for bike week there is usually a small contingent of Pagans and Hell's Angels for example. Problem is the H20 event seemed to have more than its fair share. A few burnouts are to be expected here and there, but 1/4 mile street racing is not going to work in such a pedestrian filled city.

So they upped the fines and reduced the speedlimits, put cops at the bridges to make sure the canitlevered wheels were pulled and towed immediately, and generally made the event unwelcome.

So the Official h20 event moved to Atlantic City, NJ- and the unofficial H20 event has become "Let's tear up Ocean City MD because they don't want us here."

It was absolute chaos here this weekend. I'm sure you've seen it on the news.

My wife had to go downtown OC Thursday with my daughter in the car. One VW had covered his car in blue painters tape with they sayings of "Honk if you like ANAL S3X" on both sides of the car. Funny if you then don't have your daughter asking what that means. On the way out of OC on Rt 50 she then ran into them on the side waving signs at her saying "Show us your T!ts." Directly in front of Chic-Fil-A, bet corporate liked that.

Don't get me wrong, there's a good element for sure. I'm good friends with a guy who owns the King Kone Ice Cream shop on 143rd st- he LOVES those kids. There's a great sub shop next door, and they open up their parking lot for a show and make a lot of money off those kids. But that jerk contingent is REALLY ruining it for those VW guys.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > Group question, but mostly for Rick. There's not a way for Ocean City to "work with" the H2Oi people to make something work?

> >

> > It's not like they would be the first town in history to "look the other way" for a weekend when scofflaws showed up. (Lake Havasu, Fort Lauderdale, etc).

> >

> > Or it it like h20i small enough contingent to mess things up for the money spenders without spending enough money themselves? I don't know what the scale of it really is, but it seems like the city could find a way to work with people who want to come there in droves every single year.

>

> So there used to be one official H20 event- where they took the convention center and filled it with vendors, had a parade down the boardwalk, etc. But like any event, you have a few jerks- for bike week there is usually a small contingent of Pagans and ****'s Angels for example. Problem is the H20 event seemed to have more than its fair share. A few burnouts are to be expected here and there, but 1/4 mile street racing is not going to work in such a pedestrian filled city.

> So they upped the fines and reduced the speedlimits, put cops at the bridges to make sure the canitlevered wheels were pulled and towed immediately, and generally made the event unwelcome.

> So the Official h20 event moved to Atlantic City, NJ- and the unofficial H20 event has become "Let's tear up Ocean City MD because they don't want us here."

> It was absolute chaos here this weekend. I'm sure you've seen it on the news.

> My wife had to go downtown OC Thursday with my daughter in the car. One VW had covered his car in blue painters tape with they sayings of "Honk if you like ANAL S3X" on both sides of the car. Funny if you then don't have your daughter asking what that means. On the way out of OC on Rt 50 she then ran into them on the side waving signs at her saying "Show us your T!ts." Directly in front of Chic-Fil-A, bet corporate liked that.

> Don't get me wrong, there's a good element for sure. I'm good friends with a guy who owns the King Kone Ice Cream shop on 143rd st- he LOVES those kids. There's a great sub shop next door, and they open up their parking lot for a show and make a lot of money off those kids. But that jerk contingent is REALLY ruining it for those VW guys.

Well, I only have one thing to say to that. . .

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/MTtw80dGI6pGxFaUsR/giphy.gif "")

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> It was absolute chaos here this weekend. I'm sure you've seen it on the news.

News is for old people. It was pretty crazy on instagram, though.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Went down to the Richmond area on Saturday and played 36 at Royal New Kent. Fun day. The starter didn't really seem to know what he was doing, since he let a foursome go out, proceeded by 4 twosomes. And the service at the bar was pretty slow. But besides that, much fun was had.

The course itself is pretty funky. The starter told us that besides the first hole, there really weren't any blind shots on the course. That was a lie. A bold faced lie. There were a TON of blind shots, and the first 18 I struggled pretty hard trying to figure out where I should hit it. I'm a sort of inconsistent golfer to begin with, and if I'm not comfortable over a shot it only gets worse, so that first round was painful. Shot a 102. The second round I managed to fix my game up a little bit, and club selection was monumentally easier since I had an idea of the course layout. Second time around I shot an 86, which I wasn't upset with. Hit a lot of good shots on the back 9, including a hybrid from the fairway 205 out into the wind to a green I couldn't see, protected by water at the front. That may have been one of the best hybrids (or shots) I've ever hit.

Again, course itself was pretty fun. But I definitely think you need some prior knowledge in order to shoot a good score. It sort of reminded me of Tobacco Road in a way, with some funky layouts and interesting tee shots.

Favorite/least favorite holes:

-#1 is a funky starting hole. Blind landing area, big uphill dogleg left. Smashed my tee shot the first round and went through the fairway. Sort of a difficult starter hole.

-#2 is basically a horseshoe shaped par 5, where a decent shot can get you in position to go for it in two. But around the entire inside of the fairway, all the way to the green, is a massive gulch. So, with a good tee shot, you have like 200 into the green. Doable, but intimidating. Super fun.

-#5 can s my d. It's not a bad hole. But the first round, I hit a 3 wood because there are bunkers at the end of the first section of fairway, and I figured I'd be safe. Was not safe. The second round, I miss-hit a 2 iron, thinking I'd definitely be safe by virtue of being a bad golfer. Again, was not safe. F'ing bunkers.

-#10 is another cool par 5. A good tee shot put me like 195ish out, to a green protected right side by a bunker, left by OB, short by another gulch. First round I went for it and ended up in an impossible lie just long of the bunker (massive downslope, in some long grass, no bueno). Second round I went for it again and wound up in the green side fringe.

-#11 can s my d. I went with driver both times, went into the woods both times. The landing zone with driver is very small, but if you layup to the fat part of the fairway you'll have like 180 in to a crazy uphill green, where short is a bunker where you need to elevate it by 15 or so feet to get onto the green, and long is dead.

-#15(I think?) is a par 3 with a big valley between the tee and green. And the false front makes the hole look much longer than it actually is I think. Fun golf hole.

-#17 is a par 5 small dogleg right where a good tee shot puts you 200ish out to that sort of wraps around the tree line, protected left by water, right and long by trees, and short by a tiny little creek. Went for it the first time, trying to hit a little cut shot, but went straight into a rock and bounced into the water. Laid up the second time.

-#18 is a par 4, with water if you hit it too far off the tee. Didn't know that the first round, hit my driver into the wet stuff. Second round I miss-hit another 2 iron, and wound up with a little over 200 into the green protected by water at the front. Which led to one of the best hybrid shots I've ever hit.

Overall, really enjoyed playing the course. Especially the par 5's. And since the replay round is only $25 (first round $95), I think I'd definitely go back down to play 36 again. Fun day trip.

Some pics.

ksmkoqu93bf4.jpg

9be6utrysu2r.jpg

kg2jjhehe6de.jpg

h8api5j234v5.jpg

xhj8ev4qm0cy.jpg

60gsdbmdaf9g.jpg

jua8502uax6q.jpg

• Like 1

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Sorry, totally missed the first part of your question. One of the official organizers is one of our customers and they hauled him in front of the city council tons of times. But he's pretty much powerless over the group's actions- how can you control that many people when you don't actually have a membership list or roster of cars?

So now its even worse- there is no "leader" you can talk to- its just a spontaneous grouping on Facebook/Insta who show up- its just an organic thing. Other than fining and arresting them to drive them away- there no real way to communicate with them other that shows of force and the news media.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @SullGolf said:

> Pics aren’t stored on the SIM, unless there’s some new stuff I’m not aware of. You should be safe and be able to get someone to help.

Her phone is set up to save the pictures to her SIM until she moves them off/back up. Unfortunately, she doesn't do the back up. pics might be gone if we can't find someone that can pull them off the SIM

> @gregh729 said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > Pics aren’t stored on the SIM, unless there’s some new stuff I’m not aware of. You should be safe and be able to get someone to help.

>

> Her phone is set up to save the pictures to her SIM until she moves them off/back up. Unfortunately, she doesn't do the back up. pics might be gone if we can't find someone that can pull them off the SIM

You're not confusing "sim card" with "external memory card" are you? They look similar.

Sim cards don't really do what you're saying. They contain information about your account and network and whatnot, but sim cards don't really store things on them.

In a samsung phone, you might have had a slot for a sim card, and another slot for additional memory and she chose to store pics to the external memory card. And it might be corrupted, but it's not the same as the sim card.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

New old site coming back in ~~June~~ ~~July~~ ~~August~~ ~~Sept~~ October.

• Like 2

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @baddomes said:

> I like how the thread on the site updates has been locked.

He does say in the lock thread that it's being released on monday, meaning today.

I only want ONE THING at this point. . ."go to first unread".

• Like 2

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @baddomes said:

> > I like how the thread on the site updates has been locked.

>

> He does say in the lock thread that it's being released on monday, meaning today.

>

> I only want ONE THING at this point. . ."go to first unread".

That automatically happens for me when I click on whatever thread I'm looking for. Does it always take you to the first page?

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @gregh729 said:

> > > @SullGolf said:

> > > Pics aren’t stored on the SIM, unless there’s some new stuff I’m not aware of. You should be safe and be able to get someone to help.

> >

> > Her phone is set up to save the pictures to her SIM until she moves them off/back up. Unfortunately, she doesn't do the back up. pics might be gone if we can't find someone that can pull them off the SIM

>

> You're not confusing "sim card" with "external memory card" are you? They look similar.

>

> Sim cards don't really do what you're saying. They contain information about your account and network and whatnot, but sim cards don't really store things on them.

>

> In a samsung phone, you might have had a slot for a sim card, and another slot for additional memory and she chose to store pics to the external memory card. And it might be corrupted, but it's not the same as the sim card.

>

>

The Verizon people were interchanging SIM and SD card, so I just used SIM. It is an actual SD card

• Like 1