MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

> @Kent01putt said:

> I am how 70" tall lol I want to be on the smalls team

LOL. OK.

I have you as paid, but not registered. But. . .don't worry about it. I'll just put you in by hand.

Thanks.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• dcmidnight

• FAbb

• SullGolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With great regret, I am posting today to inform you all that our friend GMen has passed away. His death was unexpected. I have no details and am awaiting info on funeral services and how best to send

Field Report: 2nd Swing Wilmington DE     After Christmas, my son uttered the words that every 90's shooter golfer longs to hear out of his progeny, in the hopes that they can live vica

This was my Version 2, 36 hours of fridge fermentation and a 75/25 mozzarella and provolone blend. I forgot I had a vented pan and this cooked up in about 7 minutes in a 425 degree convection cycle. 

Posted Images

> > @Kent01putt said:

> > I am how 70" tall lol I want to be on the smalls team

>

> LOL. OK.

>

> I have you as paid, but not registered. But. . .don't worry about it. I'll just put you in by hand.

>

> Thanks.

This is a terrible idea. Use Kent's original height of 6'6" before he shrunk due to osteoarthritis in his advanced old age.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @dcmidnight said:

> Interesting read on Adam Scott switching up his driver last week. Played with Nick Watney in a practice round who was playing a 11.5* head and immediately after the round went and swapped out his 8.5* for an 11.5*. Pretty big change for a guy that seems to always be a pretty decent driver of the ball. Titlest rep was saying there are a few guys now playing heads in that 12* range but they are still absolutely outliers.

Adam Scott must have heard about my 3rd place net finish at the CC using a 12* 917.

> @SullGolf said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > Interesting read on Adam Scott switching up his driver last week. Played with Nick Watney in a practice round who was playing a 11.5* head and immediately after the round went and swapped out his 8.5* for an 11.5*. Pretty big change for a guy that seems to always be a pretty decent driver of the ball. Titlest rep was saying there are a few guys now playing heads in that 12* range but they are still absolutely outliers.

>

> Adam Scott must have heard about my 3rd place net finish at the CC using a 12* 917.

I didn’t believe you when you mentioned a 12* until you showed me. And you don’t hit a high ball flight with that loft so play whatever works.

> @ceejay81 said:

> I just wanted to take a few seconds to wish everyone here a very happy National Taco Day, as well as a very merry National Vodka Day!

>

> Please celebrate accordingly.

Wife and I went to Taco Bamba in Springfield last night, amazing food, no idea how I'd never been there before since I work right down the street. Quick food, good beers on tap at the bar, soundtrack is old metal, lots of old Metallica. A+ grade to the spicy goat taco. Tried a handful of other ones too. Anyone thats in the area should def check it out.

• Like 1

SIM Max 12* - Rogue Elite Green 65x / SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
P770 6i-GW Steelfiber 95s
Vokey SM8 Raw 54* / 58* / 62*
Putter / TM TP5 Pix

> @SullGolf said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > Interesting read on Adam Scott switching up his driver last week. Played with Nick Watney in a practice round who was playing a 11.5* head and immediately after the round went and swapped out his 8.5* for an 11.5*. Pretty big change for a guy that seems to always be a pretty decent driver of the ball. Titlest rep was saying there are a few guys now playing heads in that 12* range but they are still absolutely outliers.

>

> Adam Scott must have heard about my 3rd place net finish at the CC using a 12* 917.

what shaft in it? low launch/spin I assume?

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @ceejay81 said:

> > I just wanted to take a few seconds to wish everyone here a very happy National Taco Day, as well as a very merry National Vodka Day!

> >

> > Please celebrate accordingly.

>

> Wife and I went to Taco Bamba in Springfield last night, amazing food, no idea how I'd never been there before since I work right down the street. Quick food, good beers on tap at the bar, soundtrack is old metal, lots of old Metallica. A+ grade to the spicy goat taco. Tried a handful of other ones too. Anyone thats in the area should def check it out.

If looking for something in the city, Poca Madre from the same owners as Taco Bamba, is very good as well.

Srixon z785 9.5'
Ping G410 2 Hybrid
Ping G 3 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4 Iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5-GW
Titleist SM8 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11S

> @XHoop24 said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @ceejay81 said:

> > > I just wanted to take a few seconds to wish everyone here a very happy National Taco Day, as well as a very merry National Vodka Day!

> > >

> > > Please celebrate accordingly.

> >

> > Wife and I went to Taco Bamba in Springfield last night, amazing food, no idea how I'd never been there before since I work right down the street. Quick food, good beers on tap at the bar, soundtrack is old metal, lots of old Metallica. A+ grade to the spicy goat taco. Tried a handful of other ones too. Anyone thats in the area should def check it out.

>

> If looking for something in the city, Poca Madre from the same owners as Taco Bamba, is very good as well.

I'll have to check both those places out. There's this good spot on 8th St SE by the Marine Barracks, across from The Brig (beer garden) called Taco City. We're going there tonight. Their happy hour deals are pretty great. Tonight, I will drink and eat my weight in margaritas and queso fundido, respectively.

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @XHoop24 said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > @ceejay81 said:

> > > > I just wanted to take a few seconds to wish everyone here a very happy National Taco Day, as well as a very merry National Vodka Day!

> > > >

> > > > Please celebrate accordingly.

> > >

> > > Wife and I went to Taco Bamba in Springfield last night, amazing food, no idea how I'd never been there before since I work right down the street. Quick food, good beers on tap at the bar, soundtrack is old metal, lots of old Metallica. A+ grade to the spicy goat taco. Tried a handful of other ones too. Anyone thats in the area should def check it out.

> >

> > If looking for something in the city, Poca Madre from the same owners as Taco Bamba, is very good as well.

>

> I'll have to check both those places out. There's this good spot on 8th St SE by the Marine Barracks, across from The Brig (beer garden) called Taco City. We're going there tonight. Their happy hour deals are pretty great. Tonight, I will drink and eat my weight in margaritas and queso fundido, respectively.

They actually have Taco Bamba right next to Poca Madre. Poca is their more formal/sit down location, but both are very good. Poca is one of my favorite new places I've tried this year.

Srixon z785 9.5'
Ping G410 2 Hybrid
Ping G 3 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4 Iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5-GW
Titleist SM8 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11S

Played Rattlewood today. To answer the question from earlier this week, only one course to play, it’s Rattlewood. I like the layout. Only a couple holes I can’t stand and the greens were solid. Member for a day today so 18 holes, cart, range balls, and lunch at the turn for $50. That works for me. No birdies, 5 pars, and only 4 lost balls. A good round for this guy.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

> @FAbb said:

> The architect working the USNA restoration (not a McDonald and Sons designer) was one of the people in the running to do the master plan at my FIL's club in CT.

>

> He did Inverness, Oak Hill, and I believe he got the Congressional job after Keith Foster got popped for trading illegal goods.

The architect is Andrew Green and he is doing Congressional too. Below is a short video USNA sent out today of Andrew explaining the new reverse redan hole at USNA:

> @TheCityGame said:

> That volcano green gives me mild anxiety.

Hit that 17th green from 123 downhill into a 30 mph wind in our BTeam match at Navy. Chokedown 3/4 punch 7i. Pretty good.

Proceeded to 3 putt to lose the hole. Pretty bad.

We won 18 to halve the points overall. DSC was clutch all day. Can't wait to play it again after the reno is completed.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Stayed up to watch the Nats win 4-2. Stras was awesome. Scherzer came in to strike out the side in the 8th. Hudson struck out someone with the bases loaded in the 9th. Awesome game.

Gotta be up early tomorrow. Who cares. Worth it.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @Ogre41 said:

> Played Rattlewood today. To answer the question from earlier this week, only one course to play, it’s Rattlewood. I like the layout. Only a couple holes I can’t stand and the greens were solid. Member for a day today so 18 holes, cart, range balls, and lunch at the turn for $50. That works for me. No birdies, 5 pars, and only 4 lost balls. A good round for this guy.

Rattlewood is a very fun layout to play, I've liked it all 3-4 times I've been out there.

Regretting not playing in my member-member today. My jet lag from this week's trip is hitting me hard and I was up at 4AM today.

SIM2 9*, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX